The majority of immersive sims are fucking BORING

The majority of immersive sims are fucking BORING.

Deus Ex- Options for 'infiltrating' are- Generic TPS. Bare-bones stealth. Hacking whaooohh

TES/Fallout- Go from point A to point B. Lots of walking. Choose whether you play generic FPS or mash with a melee for combat. Woww dialogue trees here's 4 endings lolol none of it fucking matters.

Bioshock- Cutscenes and shoot shit woww you get essentially magic attacks that aren't very different from your normal guns.

I'd rather have a game that focuses on one thing and does it well than have a game focus on a shitload of things and have it suck.

Only immersive sims I can think that I actually like are the STALKER series and Alien Isolation (which apparently is an immersive sim? I consider it a survival horror).

>immersive sims

What did he mean by this?

Weird that there are barely any threads about this game. HR was non-stop. MD must be pretty bad.

I don't think you know what sim means

Not bad, just mediocre and forgettable.
Not to mention the PC port is fucking awful.

Then go play your shitty early access bullshit pumped on the steam markets kid

it had 3-4 thread whole 1.5 months
nothing lasts longer

>List of first person RPGs
>sims

It's not terrible.

The reason you don't see many people talking about it is because it's fucking impossible to post a thread about MD on Cred Forums without it turning into 400 posts of ">this game is le sjw xDD" shitposting by people who never even played the game

Some term I've seen used more often, it's to describe games that focus more on 'immersion' into the world, like you're playing a simulated world. It's bollocks really.
Played HR in the past, didn't want to deal with the tedious first boss (all my upgrades went to sneaking/hacking). Bought again recently, was bored to tears, got a refund.
I think I'll play something well done, like a Platinum game.

Sim as in Simulation you dipshit.

Deus Ex is a simulation of a cyberpunk world for example.

>I think I'll play something well done, like a Platinum game.

>pageposting
>new vegas threads

neck yourself, newfag

>Doesn't think Platinum games are well done
This is Cred Forums everybody.

Super Mario Bros. is a simulation of a Mushroom Kingdom world.

you're a retard

>immersive sims

They're called RPGs you fucking degenerate.

>epic memes xD
>circlejerk over a shitty game
Wow sure showed him.

Because SMB is first-person, has dialogue trees and multiple unique ways to tackle a situation.

>Because SMB is first-person
It's first-person from the perspective of you, the player.
>has dialogue
Toad has dialog.
>multiple unique ways to tackle a situation.
You can jump over an enemy or kill him with a shell, you can choose whether or not to enter a pipe which dramatically changes the progression of the level.

Now you trollin

>it's first person from the perspective of you, the player

I am now officially calling for all anons to sage this thread.

Fucking newfags.

Someone's been watching Gamemaker's Toolkit videos.

I also have no idea how every single FPS and WRPG suddenly is an "immersive sim".

It's the new buzzword coined by these shitty youtube "game theorists" like Extra Credits and Game Theory.

Basically the new "cinematic experience," a meaningless term to describe literally anything that fits your narrative.

>like you're playing a simulated world.
>in a literal video game

Literally wait for actual VR Sims.

They aren't, though. I thought the point of an immersive sim was that it creates interesting and unique gameplay situations from the convergence of multiple systems working in unison, that makes something happen that wasn't planned out in advance, rather than because a script was activated that then made something happen. A lot of games will have elements of this, but very few ever try to embrace this kind of design.

Too bad most of those games suck anyway. Deus Ex has some of the blandest game and level design ever.

There was literally a capped thread yesterday

Deus Ex isn't an RPG. IIRC, Warren Spector used the term "immersive sim" himself.
Bioshock is just a shooter though.

the thing is it had pretty much no impact on the series so there wasnt much to discuss at all

>short as fuck
>abrupt ending
>worst PC port I've seen in a long time
>no intriguing plot points that would generate any lasting discussion
>boring characters
>game got majorly assfucked by Squeenix
>first story DLC coming tomorrow and literally nobody gives a fuck

It's no surprise that the game died in the very same week that it came out. Nobody is going to remember MD fondly, or talk about it warmly 10 years later. Only discussion of it in the future is gonna be when people ask if the inevitable GOTY/enhanced/Directors cut or whatever is worth the 2 bucks in a Steam sale.

Why does Jensen look like fat Steven Segal? Didn't he have a comically pointy head in HR?

That sounds almost exactly like HR. Well, apart from the PC port being shit.

>Spector used the term "immersive sim" himself.
source

Actually. That's still relevant with the Directors Cut.

Literally just google "warren spector immersive sim".

It's not a new term. It's what Warren Spector calls Deus Ex, Thief, and System Shock 2.

spector used term "simulation of" and it cna be whatever
like he calls thief first real stealth simulation

Warren Spector is a dipshit

His games seem boring.

Those aren't qualities of a simulation, dude.

>devs concentrate on making a game about white guilt
>people are shocked that the gameplay is shit

Really, Cred Forums? Really?

>>devs concentrate on making a game about white guilt
>>people are shocked that the gameplay is shit
Neither of those are correct.
Really, Cred Forums? Really?

Writers and world-builders don't actually code gameplay but yeah

It's something Warren Spector came up with to describe System Shock, Bioshock, Deus Ex, Dishonored etc.

Stalker, TES and Fallout are not "immersive sims"

Could you explain to me how this isn't just made up garbage by one guy with opinions? What are the key differences between the former group and the latter group that makes the latter not one?

It is just made up garbage by one guy. It's a pseudo-genre coined for a select few games just like MOBA or that "character action" that I've been seeing lately.

>What are the key differences between the former group and the latter group
Level design.

New Vegas and Bloodborne discussion is mainly people from /vg/ who got kicked out once the new games in their series came out

Even then, NV circlejerking has more or less died out. And Pageposting isn't game discussion, it's just them quoting the intro

>NV circlejerking has more or less died out
It's moved to /vg/.
Pageposting is slowing down too, thanks to mods deleting the FEMA general.

Its pretty mediocre.
And denuvo also doesnt help.

That's the thing, people were making threads about how quiet Sean from No Man Sky was, while that game was ignored.

I mean people are discussing NMS because it's more entertaining to discuss a major blunder made by those numale devs than MD, and Deus Ex is beloved around here.

Forgettable can be worse than bad, because everyone will keep laughing at Hello Games and Sean because of NMS. MD seems destined to become "oh, that game exists".

When a dev studio cares more about getting the black lives matter audience and pushing their political ideology than making sure a game is fun, you get shit like Mankind Divided.

This I'm still playing it and having a blast

Be careful, you'll get called Cred Forums when it's clear as day they want to make MD all about how western societies are bigoted.

>first game: dangers of indiscriminate surveillance, UNATCO enforcing a dictatorship, NSF labeled as terrorists, but talking to one of them reveals they simply want to be able to defend themselves by having guns and solving their problems without the government involved
>MD: aug racism

Thanks, this game looks like it was made in San Francisco.