Half life is shit, why the people love that game?

Half life is shit, why the people love that game?

• story
• graphics
• gameplay

your opinion is shit
half life will always be immortal classic

It was the first shooter that have actual story not in the .txt file and shit tons interactions during gameplay besides just shooting things. Everything valve did is like completely unique thing that is going to dictate future for videogames. I hope they start making games again. Videogame industry in the shitter right now.

Enemy AI was revolutionary at the time
Showed people the stories could be told in FPSs
Seamless gameplay
Iconic music
The Grand Canyon part
Opposing Force was great

no u

12 year olds wouldn't appreciate it as they weren't around to compare to what was available at the time.

Even a game like ff13 is better than hl :v

Because it was revolutionary at the time it came out you underage cuck

Sadly valve is worse than EA right now, at least EA make games.

Idk why people think hl2 was better then 1.

It is your opinion, and I respect you for it user.

A life is a life, you can't say it's only a half

Oh, yeah. That marvellous story about riding a roller-coaster for a little while, a loud explosion, then having to shoot your way to the top, then shooting your way back down. That was a refreshing change from other FPS games in which you just shoot things.

Hey man, keep it up, five more years training and you may be able to post a bait that people will take.

Write a better one. Oh yeah, you can't even make a proper troll, let alone a game story.

I'm not trolling you fucking retard. HL's story exists as an excuse to get you to shoot from point A to point B. The "story" is basically non-existent.
>Write a better one
Okay. Do I also need to be an established writer to state that Lovecraft and Rowling are shit? I suppose I also need to learn how to program in order to criticise any game, and who was I to prefer Frank Zappa to The Goo Goo Dolls when, after all, I am but a lowly non-musician and therefore can't have opinions on music.

And you, retard, fail to understand that Half Life was innovative in it's time in that it HAD a story. It didn't have to be Shakespeare tier, ot still was better than other shooters offered.

Besides, life is not a fucking poem. You wake up everyday, eat, shit and go to sleep, and nothing happens. That's just how things are.

Always demanding incredible stories from games is fucking retarded. Life is not full of stories. Fuck off.

its nostalgia. Anyone who first played it past 2010 knows.
Revolutionary mechanics age like shit because every other game of the genre builds off them.

Half life is still objectively a better shooter than Battlefield 1.

I played it for the first time earlier this year and it's seriously a 9/10 game
unlike HL2 which I also played for the first time this year which was far less good

Sure, doesnt mean its good though

>its another HL is a shit series post

Why have there been so many of these posts lately or has it always been like this

Personally I hated it. Dropped after 2 hours. It pissed me off because I bought the franchise pack off the hype.
Maybe I need to revisit it, its possible I had some a.d.d drugs fucking with me, they do that if I take them after weeks of not.

It is from a time where people meet at lan houses to play counter strike
So the vocal faggots had the time of their lifes
The game is shit really

Come on. Any shooter from consoles was better back in the day. Be it FPS like Perfect Dark or TPS like Syphon Filter.

Half Life is famous because of Counter Strike and only Counter Strike. 90% of Counter Strike players don't give a shit about Half Life.

you must be new

A cool shotgun

I'm not

I must be just noticing all of these sort of posts

you can just ignore the game and its fans, you know?

contrarian faggots have always been here

But user that's too simple

Counter Strike is a mod of Half Life 2, not Half Life. Half Life was famous before CS

Counter Strike is a mod for half life 1. Just like day of defeat or team fortress classic.

Checked, you're right. CS is a mod of HL1.

Doesn't mean HL didn't rule when it came out. CS is just a mod (and usually only games that people like get modded), and a very poor in gameplay compared to the original game.

>expecting a game advertised for its story and being a timeless classic to have a decent story
>"grr you can't expect every game to be incredible!!"

not him but you sure are delusional lol.

cocaine was also good for its time in medicine but now it isn't, same with half life. might've been good for its time, but it's shit now and anyone who disagrees is in denial. no way is it a "timeless" classic

>Showed people the stories could be told in FPSs
What is System Shock.

Half-Life is THE shit, kid.

A dedicated community of fans and HL's cult status seem to prove otherwise.

I played HL for the first time 2 years ago and still loved it. Your points are invalid, and you're a delusional idiot.

>a bunch of legitimate autists playing a shit game proves it isn't a shit game
>im lying about how i played HL for the first time two years ago and loved it

yes i remember when i turned it on for the first time too and became physically ill in bed for the rest of the day because of how atrocious it is

it's a meme game favored by plebby redditers

Yeah just like how Wal Mart is worse than McDonalds, cuz mcdonalds makes burgers!

...except that's not how it works at all. kys, shill.

Unreal's AI blows Half-Life's out of the water and is still impressive to this day. It also came out before Half-Life.

Just because you didn't like the game, it doesn't mean that people who did are retards. Why does the thought that people may have dofferent tastes than you bother you so much? Are you so insecure that you need to legitimize yourself by sperging out on an Anonymous board about how you feel lowly because you didn't like the game that people liked and that has become legendary?

And what makes it impossible to play the game for the first time 10 or even 20 years after it's release?

You really should seek help senpai

>TJ " " " " "Barney" " " " " Yoshi

I honestly think it was the atmosphere. Maybe its because I was younger and I never played as good a game as hl2 at that point, but it just dragged me in and didn't let go from start to finish..

>spergs out paragraph after paragraph because someone doesn't like their bad game
>projecting insecurity and can't take any disagreement to their bad tastes
>saying "became legendary" to further prove how insulted you are by my opinion for a game that has aged worse than milk

you're either underage jumping on the band wagon or lying friend, you should think about what you type before embarrassing yourself more lol

You're right. Half life is great and if you bought the game you had access to a lot of cool multiplayer and singleplayer mods and a easy way to create your own modifications for the game.

>ad hominems and no yous in every paragraph
>muh tastes are muher than yours
>not a single argument other than "both you and your game suck"
>not acknowledging the fact that the game became legendary because "if i didn't like it other people shouldn't too"

Kill yourself.

lol you're this mad

That's it? Really you decided it was a good idea to pull out good old
>lol i baied u
?
What now, are you going to say
>lol i was just pretending to be retarded
?

Don't bother, I'm outta this thread. You already humiliated yourself, nothing for me to do here

you revived a dead thread because you're THAT upset i disagree with you. but alright pal, maybe if you let it die you can come back in a couple hours when this thread disappears