Is this game actually bad or is it a meme?

Is this game actually bad or is it a meme?

it's okay

I liked First Light better, mostly because it ends before getting repeatitive, and the arena was fun

Its a ps3 game with ps4 graphics.

It's disappointing compared to the previous two.

It had some ridiculously good visuals, and imo the story and characters were actually decent, but it's way too fucking short and there's not much to it, and the powers aren't really that fun aside from Neon.

Also Deslin was a shit character that pandered for 'muh diversity'.

It's pretty decent. First PS4 game I platinum'd. Easy AF.

Still looks pretty good visually.

How did he pander? I own the game and there is fuck all pandering involving him

platinumed in about 20-something hours. was kinda fun but WAY to short to buy new

Movement and mechanics are great. Game still looks good too. Good pacing. Would heartily recommend. Preferred Infamous 2 for story and set pieces, but that isn't knocking this.
I do hope there is another.

He was actually pretty cool. Wasn't emo about his powers, just went along with them.

>diversity

Just because he's American Indian?

It need more variety in the enemies.

Terrible post

It's a really short game, an easy platinum, but it was entertaining enough and looked gorgeous.

Plus it's one of few games where I liked the graffiti mechanic, they put clear thought and effort into the graffiti designs and there's some really creative shit going on with them.

muh native american, muh life on the res

You're an idiot.

you mean his fucking motivation?

Great gameplay, good story idea, but executed poorly, especially evil route.

Doesn't that describe every single Infamous game?

Yeah, but he's non-white, so MUH ESS JAY DUBYAS WE WUZ JUST JUST JUST MY JUST UP or whatever.

>look at all those pop ups
seems a generic sandbox to be honest

I don't think so, while the story in the previous games were in no way masterpieces in game story telling I think both were very good, 2 in particular had good emotion in both the famous and infamous routes.

its like watch dogs but actually fun, better looking but no driving sadly, I think, I just started playing it. Looks excellent too

It's completely fine. Looks great, is pretty fun, but it's short, predictable and doesn't really pushes the series forward in any meaningful way. It's a really nice game to get on a sale and have a good time with on a weekend.

Go huff some paint, Douches With Wolves

>seems

So you haven't played it you double nigger

its not as good as 2

the powers are better however

>nigger
ugh...can you just, like, not?

Entertaining and forgettable

I just realized this describes every Sony first party game

actually i played and yeah it was generic

he said double, learn the difference

Nigga, please.

It can't be more of a generic sandbox if tried.

Powers were just the same thing but repeated four times. Worse was you never felt fully powered because some things were exclusive to a set, like fine aim and rockets. Plus he had way less abilities.

First Light did it way better since it was Neon plus missing moves like the shotgun blast.

Go ahead and name 10 "generic" games that play like it with superpowers and shit

what

It has the depth, complexity and gameplay of a PS3 game with the graphics of a PS4 game.

So its good is what you are saying

I like it, still play it now and then,

name 1 (one) PS4 game that couldn't be a PS3 game for reasons other than graphics/performance

Name one PS3 game that couldnt run on a PS2 with scaled back graphics.

Jusu fuck, please tell me it's like a PS2 game with PS4 graphics so I can have another reason besides Yakuza 0 to buy a PS4.

>name 1 (one) PS4 game that couldn't be a PS3 game for reasons other than graphics/performance

Literally Shadow of Mordor with the nemesis system.
It was acknowledged that they couldn't replicate the nemesis system in it's entirety on last gen consoles. It is a gameplay mechanic that can only exist on current gen consoles. It is neither a performance or graphics issue, it's a mechanic that is too large and complex for last gen consoles.

It's good for the price they sell it for nowadays.

First light is more enjoyable though for some reason. I guess it's because of the arena.

It's not awful. It's just ok. Very inferior to the previous ones though.

The last of us.
LittleBigPlanet.
Grand Theft Auto V
Skyrim
Journey
Batman: Arkham City
Assassin's Creed
flower

It's fun and pretty, not the best

any just cause
lego super heroes
sunset overdrive
any crackdown
any spiderman
any transformers
any saints row
any batman
prototype
bionic commando

>tfw sandbox superpower games are dead

for fuck sake, some old ass Dins curse did the same thing and far better and less gimmicky.

Gravity Rush 2 in a few months
Spider-Man next year

It felt like a step back from Infamous 2 for me and felt like it should have been a couple hours longer. It was also weird that they give you a power after beating the game.

I think being short was good too, those games kinda get old quick to me once start repeating similar gameplay sequences with little motivating me to want to do them

arena did give a sense of accomplishment at least

shame I platted it in just a single day (heck, it's my fastest platinum), but glad I played it -- was a nice thing to get from PS+

to be fair unless you're a complete autist that wasn't noticeable during gameplay that gif is just glitch

Dead Rising's going that way to with 4.

>The last of us.
To be fair, that couldn't run properly on a PS3, either. That's why they had to gut the enemy AI.

Given how quickly people stopped talking about it, I'd guess it's highly forgettable.

Wow, someone else played Din's Curse? I thought I was the only one.

get rekt, dude

too bad everybody on Cred Forums is autistic (including you)
so that shit is pretty annoying

doesn't change weather they're fun tho. bayo 2 is forgotten too you know

Video = best power

Flying around was so much fun

They really should've focused on one power.

Having shit spread around makes everything feel super shallow,

>generic
>puts games over a 10 years span

complete autism

It's not as good as one overall but it's miles better than 2 and has the best gameplay in the series.

Has very good graphics yet VERY short and shitty story and a dead open world. Also powers are just reskins of the same thing and the concrete one is not even finished.

It's not bad but if you liked the other two then you'll probably be a little dissapointed by how little there is on offer.

Most of those play nothing like it.

Are you happy that it turned out to be Insomniac doing PS4 Spiderman rather than Sucker Punch like originally rumoured?

What are you hoping to see from Sucker Punch's new IP that they're working on?

It's just average

I'm hoping it's a stylized openworld action-platformer with lots pf collectibles and built off the SS engine.

It'll probably not be anything like that though.

Its ok.
Gameplay is good but except for Deslin and his brother theres no interesting characters

but they're all generic
and thats the point

Nice rebuttal

you should be specific
wasnt you wasnt me

Define generic then explain how they are generic then explain how generic is an argument on how its bad

when did filthy phil get his own video game

At first i was excited for SP doing spidey but now i think it will be better if imsomniac does it. Also im hoping SP's new IP is again a super power-related thing in an open world, but with a new perspective. They got a lot of experience with infamous and i think they are finally capable of getting everything right in one sitting with a new IP

Its not the sort of game that i play. Doesnt look very interesting.

>Cred Forums in my main board
>no issue with characters like this
>come itt
>some insecure tryhard fag sperging out
>people assume he belongs on Cred Forums and not /r9k/ and /adv/

I was actually surprised with his character, I was expecting him to be an edgy tryhard, but he's actually a nice guy during a Hero run. I like the dynamic he has with his brother. F ;_;

Anyway OP, Second Son is a good game and definitely worth the 20 dollar price tag. It suffers from being a launch window game and thusly is short on side content.

InFamous 2 > Second Son = InFamous

>super powers
>whole city special forces or gangs against the protagonist
>fly over the city or crawling buildings
>shallow story cause the game is focused on gameplay or fight mechanics.

the only superpower sandobox with a good script was Batman Arkham City

Just like InFamous 2. The brotherly dynamic carries the whole story.

Troy Baker doing his fucking SameVoiceâ„¢ routine for a faggoty player character.

It was fun but not particularly memorable or anything.

>Just Cause
>Batman
>superpowers
Are you stupid?

It's about games, and the Arkham series basically has Batman with spider sense.

>Just Cause
that fucker can jump out a mach 2 jet then open up the parachute 50ft from the ground
destroy the whole city in 10 second and hook the jet without lose his arm.

Reminder because of all you fucking moralfags who picked the good ending in Infamous 2 we never got the true sequel to it from the bad ending and this trash SS was born.

I liked it a lot, though it went backwards in a few places. The worst offenders being the final boss fight and the lack of really good evil powers. I'd consider everything else to be a massive step up from the first game, the ability to move around faster, solid characters and the combat was pretty good albeit a bit easy at times.

it's way too short though and the DLC isn't very good, so only get it if it's on sale, not worth full price

>torren in the top left
That dipshit shot a nigger while on meth and was locked up

Pretty good. My problem with it (and I know faggots will try to eat me alive for this) is that it isn't capeshit enough, I wish I could use a costume. Or at the very least character customization because Deslins clothes were shit.

Is it worth replaying to try the hero path?

>Killing your best friend
Heres something edgy for ya, FUCK YOU