Is this generally true?

Is this generally true?
Remakes = fantastic
Remasters = fucking shit
Reboots = 10000% fucking maddening

Switch remake and remaster around

I honestly cannot think of a good remake off the top of my head. Remasters may be lazy cash-grabs, but they're usually the same quality as the game they're based on.

Resident Evil. The problem is that there is way more remasters than remakes

No the quality is almost always worse
Bamham and Bioshock for example...

HGSS

Twin snakes is better than mgs1

Ratchet & Clank
Super Mario 64DS

>Reboots = 10000% fucking maddening
the Ninja Gaiden reboot was great and beloved by all
MegaMan Battle Network was a reboot too, right? it was pretty well reieved

reboots are always made by a team that had nothing to do with the original, and they often fail to understand the theme.

Remake = remaking the same exact game with updated models, textures, maps, and adding extra features or content.

Remaster = fucking with a few shaders and textures

Reboot = fucking the whole game over with redesigns, story retcons, and overall fuckery.

Reboots are hit and miss really. So are remakes. Remasters are almost always lazy cash grabs.

DOOM (2016) is pretty good

There is literally nothing wrong with remasters. Unless they fuck it up then it's just making old games easier to get your hands on.

It's not.

Also all the remasters I have are great, I've only heard bad stuff about Silent Hill HD collection but I haven't played that myself.

All of the Dragon Quest remakes have been improvements over the originals

Shit opinions thread?

Yeah you fit right in

OoT and MM?

THE ONLY CORRECT OPINION

Remakes: Fuck you, what a waste of resources, make something new instead, you stupid faggots, we played this game already

Remasters: Well, I guess you aren't wasting too many resources on this crap so that's good but I ain't playing it anyways

Reboots: Very rarely is there a reboot that is good and had reason to be a reboot. Often times the game is shit and/or there's no good reason to reboot. You can just have normal sequels, guys, it doesn't have to be this way. Exception is shit franchises with tons of shit games like Assassin's Creed and Resident Evil, which I would very much reboot were I in their shoes.