Who /masculine healer/ here?

who /masculine healer/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

returnofreckoning.com
youtube.com/watch?v=2z29Rk8814w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>wanting to be a healer
Is there any bigger example of looking for social approval and acceptance than wanting to be a healer?

What happened with being a fucking juggernaut and jumping in the middle of the fray?

Why would anyone party with you.
I would rather invest my points in magic.

>Male healer wants to join the party
>Instantly ignore him

Healing is legitimately the lease stress job in a group. I've created my first healing character in Wildstar a couple weeks ago and I'm having more fun keeping buffs up and managing my focus pool than ever dealing with threat. Its immensly satisfying to keep everyone at shields for an entire instance.

Nobody says thank you though the selfish fucks.

The old saying goes:
A barbarian uses his axe to solve a problem.
A healer uses his barbarian to solve a problem.

Well, normally it's bard, but it applies to healer as well. The melee guy just needs to worry about their character, while the healer is the one who worries about their party.

And on a more personal note, I enjoy surviving and being able to take whatever the game throws at me, and being a healer (or at least someone with some healing ability) greatly improves that. At least, I enjoy it more than being a chickenshit archer relying on constantly being capable of running away.

>He wants to play a class
>IT MUST BE SOCIAL INEPTITUDE AND DESIRE FOR APPROVAL

Don't project your issues on to other people, playing healers is fun.

>masculine
>healer

Now that's an oxymoron if i've seen any.

/wise old healer/ here

>playing healers is fun
>usually revolves around spamming heals and simple debuffs

Whenever there is a "healer" class i know it is going to be shit and will just sit back and do its job

Lean over

I enjoy supporting a party and being a part of a team, but I've never enjoyed just throwing up some buffs before a fight and then playing healbar/manapool whack-a-mole through the whole thing.

Just because it is rarely done well doesn't mean it is never done well.

Or you could play DPS or Tank and leave the healing part to girls

Useless operator, bring Rook instead erry time.

>Wanting to be the hero juggernaut archetype and Leroy Jenkins into everything.

Yeah your party doesn't like you.

>guys playing the role game devs designed simple enough for females to play

All classes in mmo's are just going through spell rotations while reacting to boss mechanics or, in the case of pvp, other players. Difference is healers get the gratification of constantly healing their allies health bars while dps and tanks only get gratification at the end of a boss or player kill.

I guess it depends on the game. Since moving in from WoW to non-target dependant games the entire MMO paradigm has changed. I can only speak to healing in Wildstar but my job involves a lot of positioning (especially as the medic), interrupting enemy attacks, buffs and managing a pool of Focus. If you tried to play this game by spamming heals you'd run out of focus halfway through a three mob fight and have a bitch of a time getting it back before your tank aggroes another group of mobs.

You don't have to play a healer but I'd always assume keeping a party alive is more complicated than rolling your face across your keyboard.

If I play a healer with an unreliable tank/DPS, I can still keep them alive (with extra effort) and make some progress with a two-person team.
If I play a tank with an unreliable healer, I'm getting swarmed and killed.

If we're insisting on sticking your girlfriend in the game, just shove her into an extra DPS role so that she can't hurt anything too much. The healer is a more important role and not one you'd leave to someone incompetent. Unless you are saying that the girls are better at the game than you are.

Never fear, some devs are good and realize that very people enjoy being heal bitches. So you get to be an asskicker that happens to be able to heal allies instead.

>Healing is hard
Thanks user, you just made my day.

who /theLightisourshield/ here

>this is the reading comprehension level of people who troll healers
I mean, if you read my post and found what I described to be incredibly hard or complex, okay. I suppose that, for you, it probably is. I was more pointing out that it's more critically important than anything.

It's the opposite for me. I've been a healer in every other MMO I've played, but Wildstar healing is way too frantic. There's so much to try and predict, sporadic and massive global damage, and of course the mechanics to bumble your way through as well. In paying attention to everything including your skills, you only realize you're out of focus until it's too late.

Tanking, however, is supremely comfy. Never tanked before until W* and now it's all I do.

Why are gay guys the best healers?

Calm down user.

It is definitely frantic. Medic abilities are usually fairly close range too so following your tank around a frenzy can be a huge pain in the ass.

The trick is to take the soldier path and bail out an instant before things go really sour.

Am I masculine enough?

/Bask in the shadow of doubt/

>Healer is a class
I will never understand why this is a thing, if healing means "restoring HP" then it should be a really fucking limited ability

Usually healers act like the "undo" button, whenever somebody makes a stupid play or just something doing too much damage, it encourages you to not think much and be reckless because "lol healer will take care of that"

I don't mind heal being in a class what i don't like is healer being its own class

I cannot recall a single time someone has bailed out in a dungeon. Except in Skullcano. And it sent us to the very beginning and pissed everybody off.

Medic though, shit. I have a stressful enough time trying esper. and then they fucking nerfed everything

Who /tree healer/ here?

It's fine. Might as well enjoy a low key bait/talk since it's slow today. It's not like we were going to see any real discussion in a thread like this anyways.

>FFXIV
>SCH
>Keep everyone alive and out DPS most DPS roles

Feels good man

You know it breh

Killing Floor 1 medic was great fun
Healing/supporting is only boring if it's your only job

>A qt trap healer will never make you suck him off for heals and let him fuck you in the ass if you want him to res you

/Masculine Healer/ all the way...

fag

Whis is it that 90% of dps are chill but 90% of tanls and healers are just insufferable?

That's why Clerics make for the best classes in games.

>Smash shit with your hammer/mace
>Heal allies with your spells
>Smite evil with your incantations
>Wear stylish combinations of cloth and armour

Only faggots would pick something like a priest

Because DPS is the hardest of the three, and they know their classes inside out.

Tanking can get hectic when you pull too much, or you pull more than the party can manage, or when other people (typically impatient DPS) pull something big when you're still in the middle of something. Random wild aggressive groups, especially if you encounter them while already fighting something, can be pretty hectic as well.

Beyond that, I've found that in most games tanking is more about keeping groups off the unaware DPS and avoiding taking too much damage yourself. I generally like wide splash damage attacks as a way to keep the attention of large groups, while the rest of the party picks them off. It's also good to keep an eye on the party's MP/SP, whichever the game uses, so you know when to rest a bit.

returnofreckoning.com

Those numbers are skewed a bit, but the reason is overinflated sense of self-worth. Tanks and heal players are equally important mechanics-wise, but made more sought after due to their relative rarity, giving them a superiority complex

I've had healers straight up purposely ignore healing DPSs before because 'good DPSs never get hurt', but never have I seen DPS just do a salty afk tagalong

>he doesn't punch his foes to heal his allies

DPS has the highest skill ceiling but the lowest skill floor

God damn I love Kharazim. I just purchased him on a whim because I needed a support hero. Zero regrets.

>DPS is hard

Please. DPS is just a rote rotation and popping cooldowns at the right time.

t. someone with no mythic clears
lmao

>Please. DPS is just a rote rotation and popping cooldowns at the right time.
Isnt that what all classes do?

They buffed him recently.

DFO's Crusader class is a bit nuts.

But then, one of the few healer classes that is very viable offensively if they feel lime it.

yet another shitty
>"my classtype requires more skill because x"
>"no, my classtype requires more skill because y"

It's obvious that my instrument is the most important role in the band.

>Be Tree healer
>Blizzard removed any benefits from shapeshifting into treant form in Legion and it's purely cosmetic now

Fucking why.

Unless you count that stupid other tree form that lasts 30 seconds and only usable when you have to go really fucking ham on your teammates who won't stop standing in circles.

>wanted to play healer to be some badass battlefield doctor
>little sissy healslut meme is created

healers are literally the cuckiest

Yeah, because I don't play WoW (it's trash)

Not wanting both/

>masculine healer
Nigga do you lift all day to sit in the back lines and flex? If i wanted a health vendor, it should atleast look pleasing to the eye

That's all classes in every MMO, user. The difference is that melee DPS also have to manage threat, and avoid obstacles on top of doing all the goddamn damage.

They literally required to be anti-tanks AND damage dealers in once class, managing threat in order to NOT gain it, while tanks literally just roll their faces on a keyboard due to WANTING to generate threat.

Healers literally just pick between single target healing or AoE healing depending on how much/many of the life bars on their screen is getting low.

leaguebabby pls go

Paladins are the edgiest classes in any game they are in. Just sayain.

Is this a Chaos warrior?

No, it's a Paladin. Chaos Warriors/Dark Knights are ironic edgelords, while Paladins are truly for the worst kind of players.

Only pics of vidya healers i have is sonatits

We out here famalam

Is it the players playing paladins that are edgy then, not the class? The fantasy behind paladins dont seem edgy to me.

>Not flexing at your hurt allies to invigorate them to continue fighting.

Nigger mythic is way harder on healers then dps.

Explain how paladins are edgy?

>In a world full of gods, only MY god is the right one, and all others who defy him should be killed
>Too "cool" to be a Cleric, so I'll instead be a living weapon
>Only possible story arcs are to have their alignment put to the test, turning them into dark edgelords instead of light edgelords
>Brandish their armor in gold, showing off how excessive they are in wealth
>Their word is law, and anyone who disagrees with them is a amoral pleb

Paladins are beyond egelord, user. At least Assassin's understand what they are doing is inherently dickish. Fucking Paladins honestly feel they are in the moral right in what they do.

Paladin's lore wise in anything they are in are basically living weapons who are utilized to enforce the word of a god among others, even if they don't follow the same same god.

Their entire class can be rewritten as a BBEG's personal guard in any story. Dredd is the only media source that actually shows Paladins for what they really are (and no, I'm not knocking Dredd. I fucking love that shit).

Healing could be fine but healing is a complete fucking snorefest in every single game

Depends.

If we're talking WoW, you won't have a set rotation because you'll have multiple things to keep an eye of and retard dps to babysit if they decide to take a nap in fire. Can't have a single rotation deal with semi random events that easily. Unlike most casters that will be a set rotation but switching to another if they need to focus something else.

BE FEARLESS YOU FEEDING FILIPINO FUCKS

>Not bringing both for the highest effective HP in the game
His Darts now heal and can overheal.

3/10
also
>not wanting to be a living weapon

If you have feeders with Omni, you're doing a shit job

When you say it like that then they are edgy haha.

But then its a philosophical question, because when you look at it like that, most of the times paladins are enforcing the word of a good god so they automatically do the "good" deed by smiting the evil.

>masculine
>healer

>A healer uses his barbarian to solve a problem.

So basically healsluts are women?

And by that same logic, Paladin's don't see evil as someone needing guidance more so than a illness that needs to be quarantined and killed off.

A Cleric will tell you not to steal fish from a market and teach you how to catch your own. A Paladin will fucking cut your dick off and make a public mockery of it, even if the thief was literally on the brink of starvation.

>tfw being masculine tank backed up by masculine healer and retadin
>tfw a blue dress dude is fine too
youtube.com/watch?v=2z29Rk8814w

Where the hell did the healslut meme come from? Most of the people I know that are healers are angry, bitter assholes 90% of the time

>tfw you realize Clerics and Paladins probably hate the fuck out of each other

this has to be bait

or just critically autistic.

in that case

you got me you shit

I made a big buff looking healer and named him Captain Grindr. What do I do next?

>Paladinfag angry that their self insert class of choice might as well be a numale faggot and an edgelord all in one

Reporting in.
Revelation Online in the West when.

Pent up frustration from lacking a tank that will give them the proper discipline they crave

>instantly make a ticket with blizzard and report him
>he gets banned

One less male healer in the world

Because DPS that do that get kicked. Easily replaced
.t shadow priest main

This man understands.

Healing should be minimal until after you finish your fight. Combat should rely on player skill and very few damage sources should be unavoidable if any.

Then Guild Wars 2 is the game for you, user.

Overwatch makes a very compelling argument
>Map has healthpacks fucking all over
>"WE HAVE NO HEALERS GG"

Developers of MMOs nowadays can't into making high skill combat, especially bosses with actually challenging combat patterns instead of "AoE that can't be dodged" into "AoE with a few holes to stand in" repeat.
Thus, the holy trinity is more or less mandatory unless you do something weird like tank rotation ala Blade and Soul.

I'd love a Support who either has very limited healing ability or very long cooldown heals and a bunch of support abilities, liek short cooldown, short duration buffs and curses.

y-yes sir

>masculine healer
I'd rather be a female tank.

Combat looks kinda slow. Vindictus is more my speed but the poor management and lag make it kind of unbearable to play.

Amen to that.

I see

>high_HP_zero_Hit_rating_specced_tank

Maximum STR and CON, fuck everything else

/r/healsluts please fuck off
oh wait your shitty subreddit and discord got blown out because you got overflooded by overweight tumblerites when you got your very own kotaku article

I usually play female characters for Tanks and male for Healers.

Oh shit nigga, tell me more

>people take healers for granted until they have to wait 2 hours to find one.

>Change to off-spec
>Continue as usual
Do you even hybrid, fucknugget?

well look at the bright side, atleast your not waitling on a tank
>average wait time - 24 days

healers are much more rare

So you've never played an MMO and you're just memeing, gotcha

In my experience, Phoenix players are usually some of the best to find in random queue. Only ones that seem to get the trifecta of healing well, shooting well, and not being a needy douche about how the team needs a healer to survive.

Kotaku made an article about healslutting in overwatch
>imp skin, spray behind a wall and crouch and wait for someone to recognize the mating call

so obviously a slow yet comfy subreddit got flooded by hordes and hordes of memers, tumblerites looking for hot steamy ERP and people who just wanted to masturbate, AKA shit quality.

On the approach of such a horrific fate, the creator of /r/healsluts pulled the plug like a real hero and watched as the (un)official discord got pumped up to 100+ people.

coming soon to a community near you

what in the living fuck.

my niggas, old man battle medic is the way to go, fuck all of these faggots on Cred Forums literally wanting to suck tank dick

>masculine healer
You wanted to say medic, a top class in every military simulation genre, right?

>mfw some fag pretending to be a girl is healing in the same raid as me

>Person with exposed midriff died from an arrow in the stomach
Seems about right.

VS a guy who can't even carry the weight of his shoulder armor being pushed on his back and crushed to death?

There is a bunch of females in MMOs.

>tfw have to preform heart surgery on the clown while fending off a pissed off mime and hiding the operation from the captain and head of security who want the honker dead
truly the most stressful job

>Random heroics
>DPS tries to start shit
>Stop healing them
>They die
>Vote to kick: stood in fire
>Passed
Lmao.

>tfw your heals/arcane CC are the only thing saving your dungeon farming group from a roaming ganksquad of "elite" fuckbois

rip Darkfall

Someone's never played with a well RPd Paladin

>assblasted rouge

my friend of negroid descent