Can we get a Rocket League thread going?

Can we get a Rocket League thread going?
Hardships
Webms
Elo hell

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FQDhOUQTi-8
youtube.com/watch?v=mEUqyWYWreA
rltracker.pro/trading
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do I fucking redirect the ball in aerial hit
t. challanger 3

Tip: try to get the ball into the opponent's goal.

Aerial hits are cheating you little shit

Use air roll to position your car in the air so that the ball comes off in the correct direction.

Like this

Tip: fucking rotate out defense and offense. Don't be a ball chasing faggot. You don't have to always touch the ball.

I can't tell you how many stupid non team players I get matched with. People are willing to risk own goals so they can have another touch

>rising star in 1v1 and doubles
>can't fucking pass challenger 3 Division V in solo standard

I've been on a 5 win streak and still didn't rank up.

Send help

Hope you left, that was brutal.

The game is pay to win now that all the DLC cars have the best stats.

Rising star has a higher skill level for lower ranks. Some pros and S2 grand champs are in challenger elite/rising star.

Fuck I meant solo standard at the start, not rising star.

The fucking faggots who can't do this simple shit.

Every goddamn time. I'd rather have a reliable teammate who has the basics down to a T than some aerial 420 rolling faggot who's off to get boost every second instead of being the last man when it's his turn.

I keep fucking up my directions, like turning left instead of right for some reason. maybe a joystick would suit me better but it's too late to switch now

I'm sick of teammates who either fuck up on easy hits, or don't defend at all. I've struggled to get back up to rising star because I'm constantly against premades with a teammate who always goes full #YOLO whenever I'm up front. Then the other team gets a free long goal and I get shit spewed at me.

It was competitive. Nearly broke my controller at that point.

I only play chaos 4v4, rumble has killed it as there are barely any games anymore unless I add more regions to the search.

I consider myself a pretty decent player but only ever play solo as I hate talking with people but I know when to attack and defend.
I find with 3 players or less you need to communicate, fuck that.

youtube.com/watch?v=FQDhOUQTi-8

>Challenger Elite Division V
>too busy playing rumble to get that promotion

I don't like these threads because there are always shitters complaining about their teammates

Damn last time I saw a streamer who was in challenger, everyone I mean EVERYONE is so fucking bad there but every time someone made a mistake they were are all blaming eachother for it and getting mad, literally elo hell

If you are good enough you can easily get out low rankings, this isnt a fucking moba you only have to carry 1 or 2 shitters.

Get. Gud.

>prospect level chaos

I can't think of anything worse. Ballchasing everywhere.

so how often do you guys change your camera?
i have it focused on the ball pretty much all the time except when im lining up to hit a bounce

I blame everyone for the mistakes they made, but also recognize my own mistakes.
The one thing which drives me up the fucking wall though, teammates that don't know rotation.

The only time I turn ball cam off is sometimes when going for boost and I'm finding it.

Always ball am unless I have to check if a boost pickup is available.

What a save

Have it on most of the time, but change to player cam when I am going for boost, dribbling or want to quickly look around to see where a teammate is.

>it's a teammate won't stop yapping on chat and then quits after one goal episode

people complain because it's frustrating dealing with shitheads that a) knock you off your dribble, b) can't goalie when it's their turn to rotate, or c) play like a teammate and not try to do everything themselves.

I love this game so fuckin' much, but I can only play with friends on my buddy list. whenever I try to random, it's a fucking nightmare. I just don't understand how people can be this bad at the game. I would never judge someone for missing an aerial, or not being able to wall ride or air dribble. but when you go out of your way to disrupt your team by playing like a shitter, of course it's going to frustrate me.

Fucking trading has made this worse as there are faggots who don't stop shilling their shit for trade.

i turn it off when i don't chase the ball, like when i want to go to a boost location or when i rush back to our goal when it's clear that the opponents are going over there

Any of your EU shitters want to play with a rising star level player? Add Bronflokes on Steam.

>I love this game so fuckin' much, but I can only play with friends on my buddy list.

Sadly, I don't even have this safety net.

2 of my mates are at 350 and 370 hours and they still can't anticipate the ball or do any kind of basic flight to consistently hit the ball.

I actually only started playing this a couple days ago.
It's pretty fucking fun, actually, even without friends, somehow.

>when the team doesn't communicate and no one goes for the ball at kick off.

you should be turning it on/off during play. if I need to adjust after an air shot, I turn it off. when I'm not on ball and going for boost, or rotating, I turn it off. but I'm not just leaving it off, I flick it on and off, like if I need to track the ball while I'm charging back on D.

I turn it off for a split second all the time to keep an eye on where my teammates are. Getting slammed by teammates is a big pet peeve.

that's harsh. just checked mine and i'm at 287 hours. I still have quite a lot to master, but I feel that I'm getting there.

>switching to defense
>teammate comes from across field and hits me
>we're side by side, he's turning right and I'm turning left so we cancel each other out
>we both ride straight into the wall next to the goal and the ball rolls in

now in rumble mode i always have it off. especially when you have the tornado shit. it's impossible to really control it when you're at ball camera.

Just get the basics right and learn from mistakes. Seeing the improvement is always satisfying.

Eventually I got to the point where I'd start going for it if the other striker didn't say anything, and let off if I saw them doing the same. Now I go for it almost 100% of the time that I'm one of the 2 strikers because I'm better at faceoffs than most people.

If you started out on defense and both your teammates bail on the faceoff? Yeah nothing you can do about that shit though.

youtube.com/watch?v=mEUqyWYWreA

Watch this or don't IDK

I usually go for it as well unless teammate calls for it. I actually my teammate go for it, since I always try for chip shots when I do. that angle is hard to pull off 100% of the time, so I usually end up coming at it slower.

my biggest annoyance is when the dude that's in defense decides to go to the sides to get a boost, leaving the goal wide open.

>it's 'the ball just sits there and everyone circling around it like idiots' episode.

I nag my friends about that too. There's no reason not to stay in the goal until the faceoff has been resolved but some people reeeeeally want that boost.

literally all lucky shots.

Well this was underwhelming

Doing the same.
Always go for the ball and always stay goalie at kickoff
Then again, I turned chat off after I got pissed at people spamming quickchat

>striker-mid-goalie starting position as mid
>goalie rams you in the ass while you're waiting for strikers to contact

>going for a dribble
>plan how to move past the players in front of you
>start going through with it
>teammate smacks into you

terrible music, shots that you see literally every match. a few good ones, but a lot of fluff.

6/10, would teammate with, but doubt we would go that far.

>start as goalie
>mid guy backs up into you
>meanwhile striker missed and ball flies over you and mid guy's heads
too many times

>"I thought you needed boost"
every.single.time.

Most of these are the types of shots that aren't even worth the replay.

should i buy it for 20 bucks or wait for a sale? i have friends who would potentially play it with me.

they just had a sale

i think it 15 on HB

if $20 includes all the dlc, go for it. if it's just the base game, wait for a sell.

but to be honest, it's worth $20. you'll put hundreds(if not thousands) of hours into it. I only suggested buy it with the dlc at $20, since the dlc car is great for learning aerials.

Well worth the 20 bucks. I don't know how often it goes on sale, tho

I've bought it at $20 for about 15 different people and still think it's worth it, but it does go on sale often and you could easily wait.

Want some tips to get out of low rankings even with shit teammates?

I am no pro but here are some simple things that will help you.

>Learn to keep the ball high
If the opponents clears the ball high and it's coming to you and there are no opponents too close, wait the ball to bounce ONCE in the ground and immediately hit it, that way you will make a strong hit even with no boost. You don't need to aerial every single thing

>Learn to read bounces
If you see the ball going fast to the wall. Use your head and predict where it's going to bounce, don't drive to the wall and then go for the ball. Instead quickly get in position and drive as fat as you can where you know it's going to land, this will help you get to the ball first and score a lot of goals.

>Learn your opponents skill level
If your opponent is shit and misses all the time, sometimes you can expect them to miss and take more shots

If your opponents is not shit and is good at making strong high clears all the time, then don't go chasing the ball in their side once you clear it, instead stay back, wait for the long clear and then do step 1 and keep it on their side

I have an spare copy LATAM only

>tfw only have one reliable friend to play with
>Doubles is so punishing

>tfw finally got one of these goals

>teammate keeps missing the ball, taking shit shots, bumping into us, have lowest score in the game
>"wow, my team is shit!"

every fucking time

nice

nice. I got one a few weeks ago, but not from that height. very impressive.

>tfw 400+ hours in, still can't air dribble

To be fair, I never practiced it, but neither did i practice anything else in the game, and it all came to me in a natural way, eventually.

Swear to Christ, people would be ranked so much higher if they could get this. Constantly i have goals ruined because instead of letting me hit a straight shot into the goal, my teammate flies in front of me and bounces it into a wall. I realize I'm not perfect and that I can miss sometimes, but my angle was objectively better.

is there an easy way on pc to make your replays into video files, or do i need to use recording software and shit?

same. this is something I'm sure needs to be practiced quite a lot. I downloaded the trainer, but I still struggle with coming off the wall and lining up the shot.

i've pretty much given up on it and have started focusing on my turtle goals.

>It's a play like shit for a week then immediately become godlike again episode

I think the problem with most people is that ball cam pretty much blocks you from knowing where everyone else is at.

Man I didn't even know how to do normal aerials at 300 hours

You niggers are crazy

Use OBS. Easy to set, both for streaming and recording. Also has a Shadowplay like function

>Came out 15 months ago
>Currently the top seller on Steam
>Isn't even on sale

>tfw you're the worst in your 3v3 party
at least i can score goals from walls sometimes

If you're using Windows 10, there is a built in game recording function. No extra software required.

Thanks lads, I usually mess them up and miss the second touch.

I just use shadowplays recording feature.

I started doing aerials more reliably at around 300h. Now at 400+, I'm tapping on freestyling, although it's so unnecessary that I hardly focus on it.

play a lot of 1v1, that will hone your skills

>Camera Shake
Whew
Whew
Whew

>"I got it!"
>everyone goes for it anyway
>everyone bounces off each other
>other team scores because teammate didn't stay back

WHY DID YOU GO FOR IT

Hey I got rid of it after 250 hours, some of those clips are really old.

This goal gives me a boner

Mirin'
Got more?

what car is that?

tfw I use a mouse and keyboard to play

>aerials at 300 hours

I'm at 252 and can hit about half the ones I go for. Getting better but still a shitter.

I can almost hear
>WHAT A SAVE
>WHAT A SAVE
>WHAT A SAVE

Anyone else have the sudden urge to go for dribbles for no reason? Repeatedly saying 'Messi Messi Messi' whilst doing so is optional.

Camera shake is great. Go fuck a rake.

nigga, I spam MESSI MESSI MESSI all the time on a nice score. it can't be helped.

damn dude, I started practicing aerials at like the 50 hour mark just to keep up with a couple friends.

not sure if you already know this, but tapping brake before lifting off is key.

>it'll never be ten dollars
suffering

>driving forward and fast
>wanna ram a ball to the left
>come up on the side of the ball, jump and air dash left
>I fly mostly forward because of my momentum instead of launching to the side like I expect

I'm still fresh to the game, how do I kick this habit? The air dash doesn't work the way I expect it to.

>think I can change directions fast by air dashing backwards
>it's just a slightly slower forward air dash

I'm truly the most casual here.

I bought it at $7 when it was on sale at amazon. that was before it's popularity really took off, so I doubt you'll be seeing $10 again anytime soon.

>on this map
>into overtime by 8 minutes
>everyone playing great
>bounces perfectly off the wall, I jump off the side, boost, accidentally air dribble twice straight into the goal
>best shot of my life, goes straight over 2 guys
>third guy saves it anyway

Kill me fampai

Well in my defense I started playing since release and I got around just fine without using aerials, most people were very bad at the time anyways

I got gold in season 1 without even attempting an aerial kek

MAH NIGGAS

I've been playing this game on and off since it came out on PS4 and I STILL have a fucking issue with double jumping instead of rolling, like my left thumb stick isn't moved before I hit X. Literally the only game I've had an issue like this in.

This. I hate it when people leave games as well, Ennis they are losing.

This game is all about practice. I know friends who have went from absolute shitters to good players pretty quickly. If I'm losing and it's clear I'm not going to win, I just keep playing to get more practice anyway because I enjoy the game.

And about teammates who are terrible, it really shouldn't be a deal breaker. I used to have trouble getting out of challenger, but I kept practicing and eventually hotness good enough to win games even if I had shit teammates.

Everyone was terrible at this game at some point, and even good players can have terrible games. Even elite athletes at the top of the heir game in real life can have terrible games, it's no different in video games.

I don't see why people get so angry over losing at a video game. Literally just get better until you can carry your team, and get to a rank where people are much better.

I have the opposite problem. My controller's 10 years old and sometimes I double jump with a single button press.

I do that shit so much
>want to roll forward to hit the ball
>accidently double jump
>ball goes under me to our goal

Have you tried explaining it? I remember when I was quite bad at the game I used to just have people shouting at me, calling me all sorts of shit.

Not that I care, but it doesn't teach people the game. Sure, rotation should just make sense intuitively, but if people don't think about it, just tell them. Don't just complain, because they'lol just continue to fuck things up for other people.

all star div 3 doubles come at me cunts

Nitronic Rush and Distance put me in the habit of having left bumper be my dedicated roll button, separate from the jump button

I don't have time to explain it to them during the game. And at the end of the game I'm raging so hard internally, I can't explain it either at that point.

Also, we're talking about competitive here. People are supposed to at least have a basic idea of how the game works.
That one time I tried explaining it to someone, I got flak from both my teammates and enemies.

Masamune

Here's another with a little twist, unfortunately I forget to save replays a lot of the time though.

Wish there were more players in Oceania, queue times can get pretty long so now all the high ranked players just play unranked.

Not that user but fuck explaining it IMO.

>nobody rotates goalie
>WHAT A SAVE
>WHAT A SAVE
>WHAT A SAVE

>nobody rotates mid after a failed mid strike
>second cross
>nobody can get it because nobody rotated
>NICE SHOT
>NICE SHOT
>Wow!

literally 12

>controller

WHAT A TWIST DUDE HOLY SHIT

how do you even hit the ball mid air

the camera is so shit that you cant judge the depth

Using a keyboard is impossible

There should be a steam workshop for this game. It'd be fucking awesome if there are dedicated servers and modded gamemodes.

How do I git gud at hitting the ball when it's right above me? I never know what to do

>meant to add this instead

What the fuck was he trying to accomplish?

>using a frigging controller
Why? HOW?

Practice. Might also be worth changing camera settings.

Here's one of my own

Literally a manchild

> Last man at kick off goes for boost straight away leaving an open goal

Please kys if you do this

What is this meme? Pros use controllers

Anyone else refuse to use those ugly flat cars just for the sake of variety?
I'm so sick of seeing the same ones.

good positioning will make that happen less often, you should generally be at the back post in goal unless there's a reason to be front post. you should just get into free play and practice flying upwards. i'm sure you can download a rocket league trainer pack with some shots to practice that too.

There's nothing wrong with this, the ball should never head towards the goal from kickoff unless the person kicking off fucks up.

This, so many fucking times.

> He doesn't cover for teamates mistakes
> Needing 100 boost for no reason right at the start

Fuck off and play another game you bellend.

what do you guys think about reddit trying to force rocket league as an esport?
imo watching it doesnt translate well at all
not to mention theres really little to no strategy involved in it

Bonus points if the little shit gets to the boost and then just goes back to the goal or stays stationary.

>turtle goal
It's rare, but it always makes me happy.

Theres plenty wrong with it. There's no need for 3 people to head towards the ball in any kickoff position. 2 is even too much. And fuck ups happen for numerous reasons, like lag, communication or just a mishandled button press. If there's no need ever for a 3rd man there's no need to not have a goalie just in case.

I think caring about reddit really makes you the most retarded.

I don't care much, but all the pro games I've watched have been amazing, the level of skill and teamplay involved makes it totally viable to have a pro scene.

Protip: don't play like your teammates are going to be as good as you want them to be. If kickoff goes to shit and the ball bounces towards the goal, it'll be your fault if they get the point for not defending

Fucked up on reading the original post but my point still stands. Goalie doesn't need that extra boost for the first 15 seconds of the match.

what's the biggest losing streak you ever had?

>Look Ma, I'm dribblin'

So what am I supposed to do right after kickoff? Unless the ball bounces at the perfect angle to let me dribble, I usually go grab the boost on the side while keeping an eye on the ball but I feel like that's wrong.

>that match when one guy stays on goal at all times
>the other team does so as well
>lasts 15 minutes
That's the worst.

76, not even lying.

I hate people that don't have orange-ish or blue-ish cars.

Fuck off, hipsters.

impossible

>Not purple and green

I watched a few RLCS stuff, but only the finals, and it was mostly entertaining.

Like 5 because I always ragequit after that

Faggots forcing it are, as usual, faggots, but it's alright to watch. I just wish the RLCS casters would shut the fuck up sometimes. The ball is constantly changing possession, and they feel the need to constantly announce whatever's happening. It's tiresome on the ears.

I wish.

Purple is blue-ish enough of course, but green is utterly fucking retarded.

Memes aside.

Anyone want to get a Cred Forumsserver going?

In a team game, it depends on your positioning.
If you're closest to the ball, it's 100% you go for the kickoff. In a 2v2 setting where your teammate goes for the ball, you could either go after the ball after the kickoff to support your teammate, or you'd stay at goal.
In a 1v1 situation, you will easily get punished for not being able to defend properly.

It all takes practice, so try what works and what doesn't and see what fits your playstyle and what doesn't.

This basically

>BALL CLEARED OVER TO KRONOVI AND YEAH EASY CLEAR AND NOW THE BALL'S ROLLING OUT TO OVER ZERO AND HE TAKES THE SHOT BUT MISSES BALL BOUNCES BACK TOWARDS IBUYPOWER'S SIDE AND

Plus they look like they're trying way, way, WAY too hard with the suits and analysis desk and shit. I personally would have liked to see a more casual approach to it, but hey I'm just some random guy.

>not using race-yellow

Dirty fuckin reds.

I do them on breakaways all the time senpai
Makes ppl ragequit in 1v1

Eastern US sever
Name: veeball
Password: rage

oc

also are the csgo crates out? haven't played for a long time

>also are the csgo crates out
yeah

You are like a little baby, watch this

3 guys in so far

I have a Takumi RX-T and I want to trade it for a Dominus GT or 3 keys.

how many left?

It's actually statistically better doing nothing at kickoff IF you're not sure the team mate is doing it.
Kickoffs are very random anyway, but you should never go for the first touch unless you can guarantee you can get the 3rd touch.

Can you sell the crates like in csgo?

no
thank god

We have room

which is exactly why I said I let off if there was no communication and they go for it instead.

I typically do get the 3rd hit on the faceoff, or I wouldn't have claimed to be better than most at it.

>not being faster than everyone else, every time

>2v4.webm
Pretty good. hah

>thank god
Why would that be a good thing? You don't like money, bruh?

get in you fucks

wow that guy was really slow because ideally you should have hit it over his other shoulder.

so shits like you just idling for drops don't ruin the game

I got SO MUCH FUCKING SHIT in my inventory, I wouldn't mind being able to sell all this trash.

I got a UT classic flag and nothing else on my car.

>he doesn't constantly switch camera
what are you, a prospect?

>Wow!
>Wow!
>Wow!
>Wow!

Yep, Prospect elite/low challenger.
There are till people that either dodge late or don't dodge at all.

I want the Pixel Fire boost and the Pixel animated decal but they're all really expensive already. Just kill me. All my crates have had static skins for cars I don't use like X Devil and Merc.
The only decent skin I have is Anubis animated for Takumi that also tracks Assists (which is my highest stat) and the Dot Matrix for Breakout.

Never had coloured wheels. Doubt I'll ever get a new car or black market shit in the crates with my luck.

>you still can't trade in very rare rocket trails

GOOD THING I GET TO KEEP THESE 5 TOON TRAILS

Oh sorry I guess I misread your post.
Then yes I agree.

how expensive are we talking? I'd gladly give up my pixel fire for a nice set of painted wheels.

>isot kivekset

>Those edgy names
>You: Thanks!
>You: Calculated

I got the Trinity trail my 1st try and a car on my second, the rest have been shit. I really want some of the cool animated wheels

It always feels good though when people are like "oh shit what trail is that, that's sweet" when I have Trinity on.

>Double jumping half way there
Unless you cna do the super tight skilled diagonal double jumps, then the best thing to do is boost straight for it and double jump forwards or diagonally into the ball as you hit it.
This is good because if they double jump like you did in that webm, they will hit it first and BAM you are there blocking it and deflecting it like a vertical wall back the other way. The second point is if they do the same it's just going straight up in which my friends who i play with typically fly for it, 3 rd is it sits still to the right or left, and my team mate boosts at it and gains possession. This tactic works 95% of the time. The other 5% is random pinches flying it somewhere wacky.

Who /alwayscomplimentsteammates/ here

I don't think you understand how hard you need to fuck up the kickoff for it to head straight to the goal. Boost straight at the ball and jump into it and you'll be fine, if you fuck it up it's your fault. Extra boost helps you follow up or aerial to contest or clear.

going for the boost leaves you in a significantly worse position to defend a good cheat too. it's the worst of the 3 options, this is agreed upon at the top level.

got the heatwave black market decal, pixel fire, and 3 animated skins, how much are they worth?

There are two cars hitting the ball at high speeds at random angles. Even if your teammate hits it at a great angle, if the other team hits it weird you need to be prepared. You should play in a way that will minimize the amount of points scored against you, not play in a way that will allow you to blame other people the most.

Average i've seen is between 5-7 keys for pixel fire, but the Parallax decal is on average right now between 25-40 keys. Obviously trading is still very new and we've got a whuile left for the series 1 and 2 crates being around for more people to unbox good shit and saturate the market. But I just hate my shitty unboxing and drop luck. I get 15 Heart boosts and Antlers but not a single painted wheel or certified item that isn't Turtle Goal or Clears.

Trinity trail is cool. I'd keep it if I unboxxed but I wouldn't trade for it. Polygonal is the same. I want painted Chakrams too. HNNNGHHH

I always try to nice shot/block/save but if nobody else does I stop.
I never ironically chat spam and bully players.
I just want to play and for others to at least try.
I never rage quit.
>tfw you go 2 up or down and people rage quit
If you don't go against better players you never learn, if it's the fault of your teammates, who cares? It's not your fault, just show you are the bigger man and try harder.

rltracker.pro/trading

This is one site where people are offering. You can;t take this at complete face value as the trading is new for RL community.
But it's a good quick glance at what people are requesting/offering it for. I'm also in a few RL trading Discord servers and seeing what people offer there is good. Even have a price check room in there.

Can you open boxes for free in any way?

Post carfus
>tfw no toppers or antennas will ever look good

No, much like CSGO, TF2 and Dota. Crates are only usable with a key.
You can trade keys for drops though, given it;s a good drop. but that's much slower.

Why can't you just sign in with steam on that website, seems unnecessary to make an account.

any way to get cars without paying somehow? does it have points or smth u can collect

Orange coming next.

Learn how to write properly, you uneducated fuck.

?

Who /1v1/ here?

Need to pay for all the dlc ones, i guess you could trade drops for steam gifts or something though.

Orpheusti op

this user is correct. how hard is it to fuck up a kickoff? 99 percent of kickoffs that go toward a the goal are easily saveable coming back from the corner if the guy kicking off didn't fuck it up entirely.

>but why do you need boost
because if the ball gets kicked to the same side that the man in the back went to for boost he has a good chance of making a clear hit down into the opposite corner setting up for a pass or an outright shot if he thinks the other goalie is shit.

>ever trusting your teammates to be able to do a normal kickoff

>Meanwhile Branflakes just wins all the time
;^)

Thanks Doc

i lost every game but one, fun though

What's the most amount of saves you've gotten? I'm barely able to make four on the most intense matches.

Had 7 in a 1-0 win against two low tier pros a while back. Parking the merc feels so good.

do people actually prefer playing standard instead of 2s? i've never looked in game at how many players do 3s. i even have 2 other friends who play but one of us would rather sit out than play 3s.

I think 5

I played Standard for way too long, Doubles is much better