Nioh Thread

They made a huge improvement since the alpha according to feedback.
Will this game be a masterpiece at this rate?

It won't, but it'll still be hella fun

I already enjoyed both demos thoroughly and that's just like 4 levels or something, if you don't count the Twilight missions, which are basically like new levels

Played the beta 25 hours or so, my most anticipated game in Feb and most likely the only game I'll buy day 1.

Alpha : Everyone's playing

Beta : Only fanboys stayed

Asia should just not be allowed to vote
In both the alpha and the beta they complained that this shit is way too hard

holy fuck immediate flashback to the White Mushrooms in Kingdom Hearts

Threadly reminder to accept Hino-chan as your one true yokai waifu

Threadly reminder I will never leave

Normal feedback (?)

I hope they make it a bit harder honestly. By the end of the beta I was just iai-chaining enemies to death with no problems.

Sorry, senpai. She's already old and busted.

as in average

Well, "improvement". It wasn't exactly clear cut as far as the changes go and comparing the feedback doesn't help much since the Beta had far more content and many people are being blinded by that, but the game's future is pretty turbulent. Just have to hope for the best.
Threadly reminder spiritfu is better

there will probably be a new game plus for that

Oh yeah well you're mom's old and busted kid LMAO

She kind of is yeah,

Speaking of which, what will be your spiritfu /nioh/?
The bunny spirit is looking great as well as the guy's bear/dog(?) one

They already had twilight missions though. I think they could make the twilight enemies a bit harder by having them block and shit, the regular enemies will block and change stances which makes them trickier imo aside from the big oni's all the enemies were pushovers

>Speaking of which, what will be your spiritfu /nioh/?
Of the ones that I used so far at least.

Ah I remember infinitely stunlocking Nunu with sharkbro, was a good time

>the twilight fields mission
Fuck wheels man

It's no masterpiece but it's some fun to be had with this game. Why do you have to play as white boi?

Single sword and bow here.

looking forward to using the dragon and saoirse

I've seen quite a few threads where the lack of customization was the deciding factor for people to not even try the game. I'm glad that I'm not that picky with how my character looks

I wouldn't let your waifu hear that or you will be sucked.
Don't really know which ones we'll actually get or what they'll do out of the other ones so I can't say for sure with them, but I liked Kato and Daiba-Washi the most, they were a ton of fun with the extra Ki, Living Weapon spam and their special attacks like Daiba-Washi's launcher.
William-sama's based on a real guy. He's cool.

depends what they do to the difficulty, beta felt good but they've stated that they are rebalancing the games difficulty.

well some good news is that twilight bosses are getting new attacks

They were too vague for a lot a things in the beta feedback

Aslong as I can cover his face it's ok. I don't need edgy white boi meme in my weab games.

I know he's based on a real person. That doesn't stop him from looking like a lame Witcher 3 stunt man.

I play white boi in souls games.

Beta already had problems with difficulty after they changed the Ki and lockon mechanics and dropped most enemies' health, but a lot of people were still complaining that it wasn't enough.
If they do nerf it again, it'll be interesting seeing all the people who played only the Beta getting up in arms about the game being "casualized".
There's big samurai helms and masks, but Geralt wishes he was as cool as William-sama the original and ultimate weeb.

well i also played alpha but didn't even bother to beat the first level because the camera was awful.

Camera was fine desu, had no problems with it and now the Beta lockon one is worse with no option to choose between either.

>If they do nerf it again, it'll be interesting seeing all the people who played only the Beta getting up in arms about the game being "casualized".
That'd be pretty funny actually. I understand them making it easier to hopefully sell more copies, but I do miss the way the alpha ran. Wonder if they'll try making a series out of this or a one and done.

man i feel like im the only one who felt the aplpha changes were necessary. Sure team ninja did make it easier but at the same they made it less tedious

>man i feel like im the only one who felt the aplpha changes were necessary. Sure team ninja did make it easier.
FTFY

to each their own, they should have left in the option for it

Durabilitycucks should be executed.

What durability? Was it only in the Alpha ?

Feelings of it being tedious likely come from you not fully learning and applying all the game's mechanics and strats, so I'm curious what made you think that. If it was combat due to running out of Ki, then that was solved with proper Ki Pulsing and using all stances and equipment. Getting annoyed at having to refight enemies (aside from that being odd since combat is the main point of the game) can be solved with headshots, back attacks and not getting caught by them. Even Durability was perfectly manageable by picking your fights, using all your equipment and fighting efficiently based on your weapon.
That's what I asked for at least.
Pancakes pancakes pancakes.

It's not masterpiece but it will be a great game.

yeah it was only in the alpha. not him but im not aa huge fan of durability because it forced me to use my second best weapon because i didnt want to beak my best one

Did you even offer your useless gear? Gets you swimming in repair items to the point where your strongest gear breaking was a non factor. Gotta keep the folded 1000 times meme going I guess.

Honestly removing the free run even when locked onto the enemy and the being punished by running out of ki is what I miss the most.

The Katana in Dark Souls was one of the least durable weapons, that would be a nightmare in this

it wasnt the proper ki pulsing, i was good at managing that.it wasnt having to refight enemies either ,i like to learn by trial and error. i just didnt like low level enemies having a ton of health.I felt like i was hitting a rock rather than a meat bag. i dont expect the game to be forgiving but they could have given some leeway for newer players

I thought the alpha was better user. The ai felt more aggressive desu.

Oh so it was weapon breaking and maintenance? Not really a fan of those mechanics. I'm glad they removed it.

yeah i find the mechanic annoying , but i can see why some would want it back

i don't like gear breaking in games unless it can be repaired even after it's broke

It's not like the weapons broke and disappeared though, and with all the systems in place you could get weapons that were on par so it was never like "can't use my best weapon so have to settle for a shit one", all your weapons were up to the standards.
Durability in Dark Souls has never ever mattered except in DS2, and this game had plenty more methods of working around it that even that game had with 6 whole equip slots and no carry limit.
Now it feels like hitting paper. The old enemies were tough but not overly so, they still went down in 2-3 mid combos at the beginning of the game. How much did you use high stance in either demo? With the way it is now you can solve everything with sheer damage, which isn't so much forgiving as it is teaching new players nothing.

i changed stance depending on the situation in the beta. i agree though the enemies could use a little bit more health now, but not nothing like the alpha

Reminder you will die alone and unloved.

>weapons on par
In terms of strength maybe. In the beta, I had equipped some dual katanas that were weak but gave me -15% in ki usage for mid stance and dodging. I was about level 20 till I found a suitable replacement. I can't imagine having to constantly fix them just so I can maintain my playing style.

If you really did though then you'd have had much more damage output, making the enemies' health pretty comfortable. It was high enough that each fight felt like a proper duel, but not so high that you had to spend too long, and there were multiple items and jutsu available that were actually important to use. I mean hell, when has anyone ever used random stone items on purpose? I loved that, and it really showed a level of personal progression being able to fight crowds well for example.

Then that's the personal strategy you chose. Now that kind of interesting dilemma isn't even a thing with proper consequences. Though I wouldn't say a single Ki cost reduction would be the be-all and end-all to your playstyle, especially if you were at those levels, and that is also where Soul Matching and Reforging would come in now.

Never did get the point of soul matching. What is the point of bringing a lower level weapon up to higher level if the damage and bonuses stay the same?

How many bosses can be parried? I had no idea you could counter that dumb bitch

Uh, did you try it? The damage doesn't stay the same. I had a wooden sword with about 200 attack. The effects might be a factor but reforging could probably fix that.
So far it's just her charge and Muneshige's general attacks. First seeing the charge, thinking "I wonder if I can parry that" and then later seeing her tumbling miles away onto the ground was one of my personal Beta highlights.

Yeah, the resulting weapon was shit. Like I said, I didn't understand it so I was probably doing it wrong. After having it explained I knew the purpose behind it, but damned if I could get it to work. Oh well, I found weapons that were good enough to keep going either way.

Hopefully more human sized bosses = more parries

Parrying the two we have was super fun

>Never did get the point of soul matching.
To keep the unique skin or A scaling whilst letting a weapon inherit abilities to become even better and let you custom build something monstrous.

Particularly a good thing with armour. Nioh is going to be all fashion all the time.

Maybe you did it backwards or something, the higher level weapon is in the material slot. It can sometimes depend on the type of weapon itself (wooden sword was always a little weaker) but they always turn out strong. It's good for keeping weapons that are purple but weaker still relevant, but it's good to still have to seek out new weapons either for better effects or just to upgrade, since it means you don't get complacent.