What is the hardest game you've ever played?

What is the hardest game you've ever played?

Forget artificial difficulty and all those memes, just tell us the one that you found the most difficult.

I just finished Serious Sam HD: First Encounter yesterday on normal and finishing that last arena has to be one of my proudest moments only surpassed by finally beating Vergil 3. Now I'm going to give it a bit and try 2nd Encounter on hard.

brood war

undertale gave me a bad time

I Wanna Be The Guy

>they bleed pixels
Time for a real test user.

fucking nethack
It took me 4 years to beat it. I've never actually stuck with a game that long.
I actually invited my two friends over who also had played nethack to watch me finish the astral plane, it was glorious.

wow, I thought I was the only one that played that game

Wings of Vi is fantastic

Easiest game ever hahahah beat it in an hour my first try.

I still suck ass at 2hu.

Probably first Far Cry on realistic difficulty.

Spacechem. Straight couldn't finish it.

NES Ninja Gaiden.
I went full retard on it and fucking up on the boss just pissed me off.
Still haven't beaten it.

>Serious Sam HD: First Encounter yesterday on normal
>finishing that last arena has to be one of my proudest moments
user...

>there are people right now on Cred Forums that didn't 100% Wings of Vi

Disgusting...

>there are people right now on Cred Forums that are French
Ugh.

>that claw

probably Great Fairy Wars, which is the first and last attempt at 2hu games. I just can't process that much data to get gud enough. I could barely beat a few levels on easy mode and GFW is supposed to be on of the easier games.

Bullet hell in general takes a special kind of autistic chink brain to play.

>there are people right now on Cred Forums that are Cred Forums
back to Cred Forums with tha

>French
gayest language in the world

Go fucking choke on baguette.

not him but kill yourself, Frenchy. This is an American Japanese Tea Ceremony board.

My life.

I never said I was good. I'm mostly proud because after visiting it in the level select i was rekt immediately and yet now can breeze through most of it. Improvement has got me up. Soon enough i'll get to mental.

make me.

Mental is weird, it's like Hard but monsters flicker between visible and invisible states. Serious is just "really hard without gimmicks".

Honestly it would have to be the ring of the exalted and ring of conqueror playthrough of dark souls 2 or the first crash bandicoot both of which gave me a feeling very hard to describe after completion i think it was a sence of accomplishment

One or the other, i'll get there eventually.

Does barely-functioning GBA shovelware count? Because those games were hard as shit.

How DARE you

Gosh I remember those games.

Not fun times.

Serious Sam The Second Encounter probably. I tried to play it on Hard and quit during the bouncing room. Hordes of kleers I can deal with, but that shit was just too much

Heroes of Might and Magic III

I've been playing that game all my life and I still haven beaten most of the campaigns

hurts so good

>trying to clear Exp.666 without dying
I think I transcended that day.

Cave Story, but only because of the bosses. And the fact that I hadn't fought a real boss battle in ages.

Dorf Fort
Managing more than a hundred dorfs is just too much for my mind.
Also my processor could not handle a city with three z levels housing 70 dorfs per level

god hand on hard without abusing YMK or granny smacker

I can't beat the first level of the plutonia experiment without abusing save/load during and after every encounter.

Tie between Pop'n Music and IIDX. Took me 3 years to get into the higher difficulties and I'm still not even close to playing songs on the highest difficulties

Rabi-Ribi

That game wrecked my shit even on novice difficulty.

Look where the bullets arent, instead of taking in everything on screen. Nobody good at these games is looking at the bullets, theyre looking for a path through

You just need to look at the bullets near your character and recognize where they're moving and how to avoid them. Everything else on the screen is shit to distract you from that. There's not actually that many things to parse.

Final fantasy fables chocobo's dungeon the game beat me

I need to play that more often. It's fun I guess but I've gotten bored of dying over and over again. Only really tried for a couple days though.

Probably some SHMUP like Mushihimesama or Gradius. I can consistently 1 CC them but I'd never be able to get a good score.

Either that or rhythm games that are simply impossible for mortal men. Problem is I have trouble remembering most of what I've played.

i dont even have that game. dont want to spend 15$

>the game
Lel u got me :^)
Kys faggot

God Hand is one of those games that seem impossibly hard at first but once you git gud and start spotting patterns it becomes relatively easy.

I remember having a really hard time with DMC3, mainly because of a lack of checkpoints. The correct answer would probably be

Ossu!

Castlevania 3. Or maybe the chronicles one for ps1 but I think i could've beat it if I tried to finish it.

I wanna kill the kamilia 3

Probably one of the Souls games. When I play games like that I refuse to look anything up, and also I ignore the meta and numbers game so I often end up using a low-tier weapon because I like the way it looks or its moveset. I'm infinitely stubborn so even if I realize 100% that if I would just switch to a different weapon/playstyle I would have less trouble, I refuse to because it takes the fun away for me.

Oddly I don't really find games like IWBTG, They Bleed Pixels, Super Meat Boy, VVVVVVV, etc. to be that hard but mostly because I always relax with audiobooks when I play them and tend to lose track of how many times I die or don't die.

I want to start playing nethack, I heard that it's really bullshit if you go blind, what race/class is really easy to roll in order to explore and learn the ropes without struggling too much?

Devil Daggers. Try to make 500 seconds.

It definitely takes a lot of learning. There's one mechanic in the game that's absolutely vital for surviving early on that isn't explained at all.

Dwarven Valkyries are probably the go-to Race/Class for beginners, but I've gotten farthest with a Caveman.

L O L
O
L

Hardest game I've completed is probably Ikaruga, alot more unforgiving than 2hu. Hardest in general probably some dumbass unfun IWBTG fangame

I got stuck on the cave level after electram on the part with the laser beams. I don't see how I could ever be fast enough to get past it.

Also the game sort of got unappealing with the range to melee attack swapping.

And what is this mechanic? Cooking meat?

fzero gx on master diamond cup and mission 7 very hard

Probably magic cancellation?

F-Zero GX

If you really want to know it's Elbereth. As bullshit as it is it's probably best to go in blind. Learning how to play is most of the fun.

Rhythm Heaven Megamix. The challenges.

I can't fucking do it. I just don't have the rhythm.

No there isn't, you are just imagining things. Alltho I'm a faggot bitch and got the flawlesses in the angel mode.

Was gud game. 100%'d it on medium and beat the post game on 0% run. It could be fun to beat it on hard and hell.

The Goonies 2; literally unbeatable.