Xbox One came out less than 3 years ago

>Xbox One came out less than 3 years ago
>MS already announced release Window for next console in 2017

What is with this gen?

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/2016/9/9/12867004/ps4-pro-vs-pc-xbox-one-project-scorpio
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what's the matter, can't afford to upgrade?

An extremly short one.

usually, a generation for home consoles last 5 years. 6 to 7 in the extreme.

Its shortest here was due to the console of this gen to start out quite weak in the first place, becoming outdated quickly.

Ironically, of all the console of this gen,For the Wii U, the weakest of all console is actually the only one that has got a full 5 year lifespan.

>GRRRRRRRRRR MICROSOFT
>no mention of sony even though they're doing the exact same thing
fucking consolefags have no self awareness

Apple selling people the same phone every year for $600 happened.

Consoles have adopted the cycle of phones: You can buy one whenever and you'll be able to play all the games always on it but you're also aware that after some years more powerful hardware is coming out. You have the choice to upgrade or stay but you'll be able to still play the new games unless the age gap becomes very large.

I actually like what Sony is doin this gen. So, they made an upgraded PS4 but they are still focused on their 8th gen model and will continue to dev. games for it. Microsoft seems to want to go the way of Apple.

For some reason, console makers have been intent on destroying everything that made the console experience, and bring to the platform all the bad form the PC, with too little of the good for it to matter.

If you told me they actively wanted to destroy the platforms, I might believe it. Definitely would in the case of MS.

>Caring about the 4K meme
>Caring about muh VR
Why should I get a Scorpio?

Sometimes I think Im the perfect homogenized market example. Everyone I've ever voted for have won, everytime Ive sat-out a new product launch so does the rest of the market,

I mean aside from the PSP I've been the average consumer in most every aspect, well that and aside from the "every-other year pay 400$ for a slightly newer, just as overall shitty phone".

I sat out this gen and I keep thinking about all the game Im missing out on, like.....I guess Killzone Shadowfall?

Is the entire gaming community just saying "no more of this horseshit"? Or is this the fucking truman show? Maybe even worse, we're all sheep, even the trendsetters are unknowingly sheep of the market/community.

>release consoles that are completely obsolete even at launch
>this has never happened before
>they can't even mantain 1080p
>he's surprised

What's worse is, I don't know about Scorpio, but the PS4 Pro has kept that shitty AMD CPU, and they unironically think increasing the frequency 0.5 GHz will change anything when the 5GHz FX-9590 sometimes loses against a fucking $100 i3 6100 at 3.2 GHz

They simply made a horrible mistake when choosing, not even AMD CPUs, but AMD APUs.
It's literally laptop hardware.

>set console for 1080p display
>don't get framedrops or any other bullshit since you have better hardware now

Or still get framedrops but with better visuals.

are you surprised? also,
>microsoft
>window
i see what you did there.

it's going to be the same thing as when new graphics cards coming out

you upgrade when you want to

It's not a new console.

>I sat out this gen
user...over 40m people bought a PS4

It is, for better or for worst, this is a new gen.

well we'll just have to wait and see. you're smart enough to not preorder a console, right user?

No, both consoles are pretty much just glorified upscalers of existing consoles for 4K TVs with side benefits for 1080p TV owners.

>Killzone Shadowfall
Thanks for reminding me that game exists.

>believing this memery when sony said it's not happening
kekaroonie

>Our consoles aren't selling, also people are going to PC! WHAT DO WE DO!?

>uh i dont fucking know make a new console

who ready for the /crash/?

not exactly
it's a refresh sort of like the 3DS to N3DS
we're going to get a handful of exclusive titles on the upgraded systems but everything will still be compatible with the original models

Sony and Microsoft are different companies with different philosophies

>also people are going to the PC

what wacko world do you live in because it is not our current one

>Upgrading your refrigerator every 4 years
Xboners on suicide watch.

>Is the entire gaming community just saying "no more of this horseshit"? Or is this the fucking truman show?
The gayman community is absolute shit and has bought up ps4s like it's water in a desert.
The worst part of this shit is that it's mostly popular because of e3 2012 where microsoft shit the bed and sony only shit the bed a little and pointed the community at microsoft and told them all to laugh at them. They then went out in droves to buy up the excrement sony shat onto a plate for them.

There was no games at launch worth playing and people were buying ps4s like OP sucks dick. They'll literally buy anything that the internet tells them to buy.

polygon.com/2016/9/9/12867004/ps4-pro-vs-pc-xbox-one-project-scorpio

>polygon
yeah i know but still

It's the same consoles though, just upgraded to BARELY support VR.

Both Sony and MS fucked up, but MS has an advantage due to their play-anywhere program. Xbot feels like building a PC? He doesn't lose his MS games from this year on

Just like the 1080 :)

Publishers already complain about throwing money into previous gen games after new tech is released, then they abandon it outright all together. You really think they're going to invest all that effort when they can save budget/resources and potentially make more return?

I'm talking about Scorpio.

4K Blu-Ray players are the new thing though. They've got special discs and everything.

>post yfw you don't own a wii u, xbone, or ps4
>tfw made the right choice

Lol ok. We'll see how many people buy these new consoles. People are switching right now. The head of Sony already admitted it is releasing so people don't go and build a PC.

I can’t get over the rich irony of House saying Sony is courting a PC-tempted audience on the same day that Bethesda announces Sony is blocking game mods for Skyrim and Fallout.

>Dozens upon dozens of "PS4 pro threads sucks"
>one XBONE thread
>calls foul
and people say this place is Nintendogaf

It isn't. It's the same dealio as the Pro. Why do you think multiplayer games on xbone have been targeting 60fps no matter the cost? Because with Scorpio you need multiplayer parity. Singleplayer will look better for sure, and textures will look better too in multiplayer, but they can't divide the userbase.

>mfw own all 3
>also own an ok PC
>feel ripped off most by bone
>won ps4 so not too sad, but still disappointed
>Wii U has been great, far exceeded expectations

They predicted the slowdown in hardware development we are currently in and released consoles with weak specs on purpose at the beginning of the hardware cycle to cash in with a .5 version at the end of it to basically be able to sell a product twice.

They did the same thing with the xbox and xbox 360. The og xbox was released in 2001 and the 360 was released in 2005
And nobody cared

Because precisely no one bought og xbox

Blame appledrones.

Why blame Apple drones when PC gamers have been doing this for years?

Buying a Wii u was also the right choice. the only console of this gen to get a 5 years lifespan. Also might have the best exclusives.

DING DING DING DING

I always hated the one since the reveal and never owned a microsoft console but, damn son, the One S looks fucking sexy, I gotta admit.

Mines the inverse desu, play the most in xbone, feel ripped off by PS4, and Wii U is so-so

Uh...PS4 and Xbone are control buying their lifespan. Wii U flopped after 4 years and they're rushing the NX, which will also flop

It seems like any other generation besides Wii/360/Ps3 which take too long

In 98 Nintendo "announced" the dolphin

I don't care if it failed to be a commercial succes, I get the best games out of my Wii U. I have got for what I paid for and it lasted long enough for me to enjoy it long enough. And it is all that matter to me as a gamer.

The first Xbox only lived four years. Less than that in Europe.

So. Yeah.

Microsoft's brand integrity with the Xbox apparently hinges on having the system with the best graphics, so they need to get a new system out the door.

Xbox and Xbox 360 had 4 years and 1 week in between them in NA and elss than 4 everywhere else. Gamecube and Wii had 4.5 in Europe. 7th Gen was insanely long, as most console gens have only 3 years with all the competitors on the markets simultaneously.

They realized too late how badly people want at LEAST 60fps in the games they play and they would start losing money due to pc gaming because of that.

> Apple invented annual phone model upgrades
???

>and they're rushing the NX, which will also flop
The NX is the only console that isn't being rushed and got the development time usualy used for a new console.

the PS4 Pro and the Scorpio are the one who were developed on a more limited time.

>It seems like any other generation besides Wii/360/Ps3
wrong. Most generations are at least 5 years long. Here, it has been less than 4 years.

>new consoles dont come out sooner than before, you just got older and you feel like time passes faster

You are me

This fucker gets it

Neither have any real library either. The N64 felt like it had more content.

Pro and Scorpio are akin to DSi, or new 3DS. Updated versions of the same console.

I'm excited for February for P5 and Nioh but man apart from BB I really didn't like what else was available. People keep telling me to try Gravity rush so I guess I need to get that, and then the sequel if I like it.

All the ps4 has is dark and dull walking movies and all the Wii u has is children's games.

The xbox won this gen because you can play your games on pc.

I got the Uncharted collection with mine, couldn't get an hour past the first game, played like garbage.

inFamous was fun but underwhelming compared to the second one

The Witness is beautiful but too much of a mindfuck

I did play the resident evil demo and I'd be lying if I wasn't terrified the whole time playing it, and I think I might get Final Fantasy XV

But yeah, for about a year all I had was Bloodborne and inFamous, didn't try Nioh

Hello Justin Trudeau.

No, that's what they want you to think. They just haven't changed the name or design too much or the current fanbase would feel this current generation was a ripoff.

this.
I buy consoles and games not because they're commercially successful, but because I;m interested in them and enjoy the content put out by those who make them.

Nah, because all games will need to run on vanilla models of both consoles. Pro and Scorpio won't be getting exclusives.

Who the fuck is that

I only enjoyed W101 and Tropical Freeze but to each their own I guess.

This generation i a shit show.

Good exclusives far in between,
Months between good games,
Too much remasters of fucking games released last gen,
Explosion of the installation size, since devs cannot into compression anymore,
ùEven more DLCs and pre order bonuses up the ass

Fucking capitalist

consoles playing catch up. they already tried to sell you on the idea there this gen was all about 1080p, so they cant do it again. instead, they just say the games will run at 4k** so people feel like it's worth buying their upgraded console(despite very little people owning a 4k tv).

it's so pathetic.

i am going to need sauce on that

Hopefully NX fixes that. I keep hearing they want a solid software lineup before launch.

>falling for memes

Scorpio is a massive improvement over the Xbox One.

We already know the specs?

they popularized it

You know what's funny, back then people invested money in consoles because it freed you from the hassle of upgrading every couple of months like with other similar devices, now it's a constant run for the latest tech that isn't even utilized that well (2016 and still they can't achieve 144hz refresh rates in games, top cuck)

not really

microsoft wants to end "console cycles" with scorpio, it will literally be an upgradable prebuilt with the xbox name on it

>practices Judo
>could literally destroy his rapist
>allows him to rape him anyway

Eh, WiiU was worth it for Monhun and Bayo 2 alone. Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Pikmin 3 were nice bonuses.

I fucking wish the PS4 had more games. I need an actual excuse to buy it as more than just a Bloodborne box. Might as well just wait for an emulator at this rate.

>Explosion of the installation size, since devs cannot into compression anymore

I'll keep it simple for you, when you make the texture twice as big it requires four times the memory.

The need for dedicated storage has scewed the power of consoles down from previous generations

This horseshit right here.

Kiss video games goodbye because they are officially dead. It's gonna be nothing but pushing hardware while rehashing software from now on

>le doom sayer saying doom

It's over. The only chance is that the new consoles bomb, it they make money then there is no turning back, just like every single fucking anti consumer thing in this industry.

They will fail, though.

PC cost more than console, but when it come to progressively upgrade, they are the optimal solution.

The reason the business model of console work in the first place is because you buy a system you are guaranteed all games will work on it for something like 5 years. This is how they compete with PC gaming.

If Sony and Microsoft go with the "fast evolving" console, they will not hold up with the Gaming PC competition. Best case scenario, they simply become companies that make their own brand of Gaming PC and will have to allow Steam to work on it if they want to compete.

Only Nintendo will remain in their own Generation cycle and won't give a fuck and will only stay afloat because of their exclusive.

In the end Nintendo win, but there is nothing glorious at winning by default because the others have kept shooting at their own foot.

It's not rape.

My last PC was middle of the road when I built it, and it lasted me six years before I decided it was time to upgrade my shit. And even then it was still running stuff well enough on low-medium settings depending on the game.

>Draw a girl
>Remove tits and stick a penis on it

Delusional

>Can choose from hundreds of parts to snap together pc
>Can choose to upgrade any component at any time
>Apple-We upgraded the ram a bit, time to buy the new phone!
>Do this every year

>Explosion of the installation size, since devs cannot into compression anymore,

Man fuck this shit right here. I go and buy a game on disc so I can just play it by sticking in my console and now I got to wait for it to dump 50 gigs. I only have a handful of PS4 games and the harddrive is already getting full so I now have to micro manage the space every time I feel like playing something.

Considering last gen lasted nearly a decade, this gen's weird as fuck. It feels super stunted

That might actually explain why they're keeping so quiet, maybe they're waiting until they have a lot of games that at least have trailers ready before they show anything.

I'm worried the console wars will be as common as your next AAA title sequel to be released every year. Anyone getting these vibes with these consoles churning out?

ESO has upgraded graphics on the PS4Pro that looks pretty slick, I'll probably upgrade to the Scorpio if Elite Dangerous and ESO upgrade for it.

What's Magibon up to these days?

I just feel like last gen was hard to come out of because console manufacturers couldn't figure out what in the world to do for to bring in people for the next gen. 360/PS3/Wii brought in motion controls. HD gaming, online stores, wireless controllers. harddrives for storage, account systems and online play to console gaming which was a big step from playing before.

This gen just feels like "We're doing it again!" with no real dramatic changes to how you play on consoles. Not to mention that the majority of exclusives is spread very thin and remasters of games that came out last gen feel really unneeded.

Wew your some animu expert aren't ya

>What is with this gen?
it's not the consoles, it's the games

name ONE (1) recent game thats any good