Paper Mario Color Splash

youtube.com/watch?v=D_rT0hqRgrw

So what does Cred Forums think of every boss being a Koopaling?
Also you apparently fight a Yoshi.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EHKvTVTOuMI
youtube.com/watch?v=gE2Em0pLuns
mariowiki.com/Star_Cure
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TJ """"HENRY"""" YOSHI CONFIRMED FOR ENEMY

>So what does Cred Forums think of every boss being a Koopaling?

Pretty cool since they've all got a little scenario to build up to the boss fight.

Morton = Red Tower
Ludwig = Blue Base
Iggy = Yellow Colliseum
Lemmy = Green Circus
??? = Purple Sea

And then two Koopalings are still left out.

The Koopalings are boring. In PM64 you fight a Goomba King, TMNT rip-off Koopas, a pharaoh-like Koopa with Chain Chomp, a Clubba that took his heart out to become invincible, a General of the Shy Guys who fights you with his army & toy tank, a Lava Piranha that fakes out on dying, a huge ass cloud/Ruff Puff boss that spits out little Ruff Puffs as you attack him & an Ice King that duplicates itself like a Magikoopa & shoots ice cubes at you. The Koopalings while not bad are just plain boring since they take away most opportunity of original bosses (which hell, Sticker Star even did). At the very least we're getting Petey again so hopefully the mini-bosses are creative (I'm assuming we'll get a Blooper fight also since it's pretty much tradition).

>Also you apparently fight a Yoshi.
Interesting I guess, surprised that didn't happen sooner honestly.

Anyways, that circus area looks real nice, I'm still bummed out the game has to suffer with this gameplay. I would all for it at this point if at least the gameplay was back to how it used to be since the areas are better & NPCs have more than just Toads.

Wendy has been shown off. I think she's in the Purple Sea area.

They try pretty hard to make the game look not boring.
I once looked at a gameplay video from a live stream at a gaming convention, and I literally fell asleep watching it. Just look at how much of the actual gameplay they cut out, they only show the quirky dialogue and the crazy animations.

The Koopalings would've been awesome in a main Paper Mario game, maybe where Ludwig is the villain and tries to take over Bowser or something, but like this, it's just bound to give you a light chuckle and zero excitement.

So the purple sea leads to a non-generic non-toad town that they waited this long to show off.

Wonder where that leaves Roy and Larry. Larry can fuck off but Roy doesn't deserve the shaft.

That is him! He's just missing the visor.

The game is an "action adventure". The battles are just puzzles and not actual RPG battles.
Just let PM rest, Nintendo

Bump

Bump for what? Just let the thread die with the series. Until the game is out, there isn't much to discuss.

>every

There's still minibosses

Petey comes back

Don't know because every boss isn't a Koopaling.

If it means anything

The previews from Review copies all say that the writing has gotten significantly better and not filled with cancerous paper puns

The gameplay of the colleseum is a good example of the various conversations you have

>it''s just bound to give you a light chuckle and zero excitement.

Actually the writing is apparently really entertaining, and the game has big scenes that push the "Action/Adventure" Rating, like one scene where a tornado comes up and wrecks fucking everything while pushing you into a chasm

The game is setting itself right with it's own style

but the change of gameplay mechanics is still going to be it' flaw until you stop whinning

Daisy cameo. Mario's 2nd romantic interest but more saucy

Why the fuck are they so unoriginal?

What is that static grey effect

is that in the actual game or just for the purpose of the video

>THEY FINALLY PUT DINO'S IN THE GAME

TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH YOU FUCKS

>Unoriginal

Rescue squad is the best OC your going to get with this style so enjoy it

it's for the videos, to give it the feeling of an 90s power ranger show underage

>That thing a boss
the music doesnt even change from the normal battle tune.
he on the other hand we might fight him, we'll see.

Petey's coming back

and unless they want to break the tradition, Gooper or some form of a Giant Blooper will be in again

I want my Gooper Mariachi Party 2.0

Pretty cool.

The game is more or less going to be a Sticker Sequel Star done with Higher quality and lesser nuisances to be actually entertaining if your not sitting there sperging out

I'm actually excited for this game, fuck all y'all

It's going to be a good game once you accept it for what it is

The high quality effort in graphics, music and variety are there despite the limitations of characters and gameplay mechanics

hopefully it'll at least be better than Sticker Star.

I hated Sticker Star though, so that's not a very high bar for me.

Yeah. While it's still based on Sticker Star's gameplay, it does seem like they're trying to fix some of the problems people had with it.
Plus I'm super hyped for another great soundtrack, if anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=EHKvTVTOuMI

I haven't been paying too much attention to Color Splash. What's some of the things CS seems to be trying to fix?

Also I agree about the soundtrack. Sticker Star had some great jazz tunes. This one's soundtrack seems to be shaping up nicely too. Currently nothing has quite stood out as much to me. (though even in sticker star there were select tracks that were much better than others to me)

Well for one there's a EXP meter of sorts. You collect these Hammer Scraps & it upgrades your max paint. Upgrade enough & you can 1-hit kill weaker enemies like the First Attack Badge did in 64/TTYD. Also the areas seem to be more creative since there's a coliseum, circus & technological base. Also Bowser talks.

Hope so

I heard the puzzles and boss stickers arent bullshit to solve this time and are clever

The fucking shy guy in the colleseum is constantly asking you questions about Bones

Ahh I see. Thanks for the info. That's definitely an upgrade from Sticker Star so far then. Though didn't Sticker Star have a coliseum with the Pokey battle?

I am glad Bowser talks again. Even if he has no character, though I think even sticker star was good about character stuff/having fun with the dialogue.

While I prefer this over Sticker Star maybe they "hinted" at it a bit too much.

The fuck is sticking out of his head

>Cards require Color to reach their fullest potential. Stronger attacks = more color required.
>Enemies drop cardboard hammers, which more or less serve as EXP. Collect enough hammers and your Color gauge increases.
>Each stage has some kind of mini-plot that unfolds during the level, as opposed to SS's "dick around until you get to the end"
>Things instantly turn into cards when you get them, and can be re-purchased from the battle menu as opposed to backtracking to the main city.
>Card limit seems to be very lenient
>more creative areas (i.e. bootleg Shadow Moses)

the only aspect they've made worse is requiring Things to be used in a boss battle, which makes them more like a puzzle than a challenge

I actually kinda chuckled at that. I can see it getting annoying if he just says the same things over and over though. I guess the way to do it would be to be obvious like this early on, but try to make the hints more obscure as you progress into the game. I would be impressed if the game does something like that.

MAH NIGGA PETEY

He better get a song just as god tier as his SS battle, that shit was fucking NOICE

youtube.com/watch?v=gE2Em0pLuns

If he's a miniboss, he'll probably get the Miniboss theme though dang

>Though didn't Sticker Star have a coliseum with the Pokey battle?
Not exactly, that was technically meant to be a baseball field to hint at getting the Bat Thing sticker. This is more like a arena coliseum of sorts with you brawling against multiple enemies. Also I forgot to mention you talk to more than just Toads, we still seem to be lacking unique characters with designs & names but this is a step forward at least.

>use something other then a bone
>bucket just gives you a game over out of pure shame

speaking of the colleseum, i love what they did

your going around actually talking to the enemies and such attending as spectators

They are trying really hard to make people like this game but the gameplay is still shit so who cares

>MUH RPG
Fuck off it doesn't even need to be one just not have shit gameplay. The Koopalings being the being the bosses is just making it more like a Mario Platformer than anything

That was the joke

Also it's not stated when to use the bone

You had to use when Iggy and the other two chariots line up

This was specifically made for the colleseum

Otherwise Morton barely hints that he needed a fire entinguisher

Even Mario is getting sick of his games.

aah, that's right. If I recall there weren't any enemies in the stands either in the Pokey battle.

>Also Bowser talks.
WHAT
SAUCE
Fuck this game might be salvageable after all

so what comes after the sticker mechanic, will they make a paper mario game based around crayons or something?

>Go to the top of the colleseum

>A Goomba says that he doesnt want to get in the ring

>He wants to die with Dignity by being stomped by Mario or Luigi

>Toad Squad Yellow finds the bone

>"Don't hold back, you can give me a hug. or you could hug the bone, i heard that's something you would do"

I hope people appreciates the improvements to the writing

>That was the joke
I know that was the joke, it doesn't mean it can't be a bit over done though.

>Also it's not stated when to use the bone
>You had to use when Iggy and the other two chariots line up
I know, it's a bit clear though regardless since it kind of makes a big scene about the fight changing.

Kind of, they were Mural versions of Koopas, Goombas & Toads, they had no interaction or anything interesting to add though.

Enjoy the webm dude.

Probably, Tabata mentioned how she wants to do more Paper themed ideas after all.

>"GWAHAHA! Later, chumps!"
>Gets the fuck out of there
Oh god he's finally back

>"Oh Scrap, Mario's using a Power Star!"

>"Oh Scrap"

You mother fuckers

he's back in black

>BLACKED

I like that it's literally the same ship you broke down in Sticker Star

part of a teabag? peach tea piranha?

Then he storms off on his Airship filled with Bowser tape. Enjoy him fucking up the Paint Stars with a kick ass song also:

Why does Tabata love to ruin game franchises so much?

Not him but, wasn't the joke that it was overdone?

Wasn't it just a few weeks ago, maybe about a month or so that Tabata was nervous about revealing whether Bowser was the big bad or not in that Gamexplain interview? Seeing Bowser revealed at this point just seems like hilariously sad to me, but in a way where I feel kinda bad for Tabata. From what I understand they're really just making the game they wanted to make (development apparently started immediately after Sticker Star at a post-release party) and what's more is, as you guys mentioned, they're actually taking on some of the crits from Sticker Star. Which, I mean, the backlash to that must've really come as a surprise for them...

I still blame Tanabe, but who knows what happened to the original PM guys, since it seems none of them are involved with Sticker Star/Color Splash.

There's still the off chance that the Black Paint is sentient and is controlling Bowser somehow.

I doubt it, but it could happen.

The DESIGNERS of the original PM guys stayed

Also Bowser was revealed because he's possibly not the final villain

Peach mentions that there's something different about him

Another thing, Tabata states the possibility that the game has a sad tone, and it shows when you save the paint stars retelling what happened

>the little fire breathing dinsaurs from super mario world make another appearance
sweet wish it could have been in a much better game though

>paint stars
are they even trying

>black paint gives him power but has a corrosive property
>when you get to the final battle you fight Dry Bowser

won't happen but it'd be neat

>that the game has a sad tone, and it shows when you save the paint stars retelling what happened

That sounds similar to when you get a Royal Sticker, and a flashback scene of the boss getting the crown, the majority of them were manipulated

I still feel really bad for Mizzter Freezy

>When the next winter comes, will you rebuild me?

I hope you actually do when you get to a snowy place in Color Splash

>Peach mentions that there's something different about him
Can confirm with a webm.

That's what you're complaining about?
Jesus christ user.

you think it'd be the sacred paintbrushes or something, considering you have a paint bucket companion

would definitely bump up my respect for the game if Bowser isn't the final boss. But at this point I really can't imagine them adding any sort of new character, the bucket's already enough for them, if Sticker Star's any indication.

And oh, yeah I don't know the specifics, but I know that none of the old directors are invovled in the new one. From what I remember, Tanabe was part of SPM's development, and although it might be easy to say that's when the "fall" started, I remember reading it was one of the original designers that came up with the 3D/2D gimmick, not Tanabe.

I'll have to check out the paint star parts. Hopefully the sad tone leads to something interesting too. I actually got feels when Kersti sacrificed herself in Sticker Star, despite how much I hated her. What really got me was that she pretty much apologized for being such a bitch, though I may have read a bit too much into that.

>Seven Stars
>Star Spirits
>Crystal Stars
>Beanstar
>Cure Stars
>Paint Stars

I guess the one thing I notice is that he doesn't have a white border over his black outline, or a thicker black outline that would compensate for the white border, which is probably nothing

>Peach mentions that there's something different about him
Looks like his usual self to me, nothing different about him at all. Just the same ol' Bowser.

She also notes that it's not to do with all the black paint either.

Are they?

Don't forget PiT's Cobalt Star Shards.

I honestly feel it just proves how much nicer the game would look without those ugly white outlines.

Beanstar was the best star. It was probably actually uncreative on their part, but for some reason it just seems so ridiculous it borders on parody. Like, "everything in these games is exactly the same, but this time, they're all BEAN versions! See? Different!"

>Peach sending messages again

YESSSSSSSSSS

What if he does actually have a white border, but you can't tell because the black paint colored it in?

I think it'd look much thicker then it does if that were the case

They each talk

We havent had those since literally PM 64

>Paint bucket Partner

>Gimmick is paint

>Also he has the ability to magically cut because Paint = scissors

wat

ms paint

Don't forget
>he paints with a hammer

Forgot the Colbalt Star

>implying we'll ever get paper peach sections back

It's still great to get dialogue from anybody

>Mario! Princess Peach has been kidnapped by Bowser! No one could have predicted this!
>That Star Wars hologram
I like this

It doesn't really have the same spooky effect without the music there.

Did they confirm wether my boy is in yet?

Oh god what the fuck

So far there's been no word on Jr. appearing. I'm betting he will though, he was in Sticker Star after all & Kamek is also returning.

What the fuck is it saying?

wait did an enemy use a thing against Mario?

also
>not spoilering that shit

Forgot the Cobalt Star and Dark Star

>wait did an enemy use a thing against Mario?
Don't think so, but it'd make sense, I've been trying to make sense of it for a few days now.

>>not spoilering that shit
It's from the latest trailer dude, not really spoiler heavy. I will spoiler shit from here on though I guess, I've dumped these numerous times with no one complaining until now though.

I was making a joke about the content being "lewd"

>I want... I want more!

Shit, excuse my retardation then.

>I've dumped these numerous times with no one complaining until now though.

Have you got the web.m of the Matrix reference?

ROSALINA CONFIRMED. ROSALINA TELLS LAME DAD JOKES AND ACTS AWKWARD AS FUCK AROUND MARIO AND FRIENDS AND PEACH LAUGHS AT HER
CONFIRMEDOOO!!!!!!!!

what

This?

oh god what the fuck

Yep thanks, I forgot to save it the last time I saw it.

>3 stage bowser fight
>first stage is fighting him in black paint
>second stage the paint all drips off and you fight dry bowser
>After you beat fry bowser, the bones collapse in a pile, and it looks like the fight is over
>Then the black paint reanimates into a giant evil blob, engulfing bowsers bones and is revealed as the true enemy
> One of the paint blob's attacks is launching dry bowser bones out of itself

Are there any original enemies, or do we just have the standard stock of familiar faces?

there's the slurp guys

that doesn't sound like her at all

Familiar faces for the most part. Some have unique features i.e. Slurp and Masquerade Guys.

>shy guys with straws
Even the mariachi guys were more original.

They're all returning enemies I believe, mostly Shy Guys (which is honestly nice to see). They also brought Dino Rhino back which is kick ass.

You know what the feeling I get about this game is? The people designing it didn't like Sticker Star, so they really want to create something original and memorable like TTYD and 64, all of the stuff they've shown so far has been pretty imaginative, except for characters.

The characters are a result of Miyamoto, or at least someone playing that role. He sets the guidelines of "be boring", but the devs don't want to be boring, so when Mr. Miyamoto says "toads only" the devs turn the toads into Power Rangers. When Mr. Miyamoto says "koopaling only", the devs make the worlds around the koopalings original, to give them more personality. When Mr. Miyamoto says "bowser only", they give Bowser black face.

You're actually incorrect.
Miyamoto wanted the characters to already be in the Mario franchise. Whether that's a negative or not is a different matter, but that's all that we know of.

Gonna pirate it, beat it in one day, and then tell everyone on Cred Forums how shitty it is.

wasn't bowser not talking a result of him being angry at bowser's treatment in the RPGs?

Same.

It doesn't mean he couldn't have talked, they just needed him to be less of a goof which TTYD & SPM did a lot (not that I'm complaining, I think I've liked every interpretation of Bowser so far).

The shy guy variety is awful; Paper Mario 64 had a much better shyguy cast.

That is stated in an interview, but the person being interviewed then says that the franchise is about exploring new things.

I'd say you're correct, but these are the enemies that can be turned into cards. We've seen the guitar and musical shyguys too.

That's not even the full list. It's missing Sombrero and Masquerade Guys, for instance.

Yeah, the variety isn't the best, especially compared to PM64 but I just like the fact they seem to be getting a big focus. It's such a missed opportunity if they don't use Fly Guys, Pyro Guys, Groove Guys, Medi Guys, Sky Guys & Spy Guys.

Posting the Mariachi Guy.

>yes. bone.

>first rpg adventure

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>Cure Stars
Do you mean Pure Hearts?

He's referring to the Star Cures from Bowser's Inside Story:
mariowiki.com/Star_Cure

>it's another "Color Splash is shit, but I'll post webms thread"

at least the rescue guys are sort of original

I'm legitimately surprised because Dino Rhinos nor Dino Torches appear in NSMB.

Fuck, forgot a neither there.

These threads never offer anything new so might as well post webms.

>The Koopalings would've been awesome in a main Paper Mario game

They literally just fleshed out the Koopalings in a Paper Mario RPG last year.

This is completely redundant.

>went all rendered 3D in his first RPG adventure
They're talking about Legend of the Seven Stars, unless you're telling me there was one before that.