FUCKING RELEASE ALREADY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING RELEASE ALREADY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VSCTlpEM9Vw
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/338859950/#338890243
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah. Release and fast-forward two years for all the expansions to come out and make it fun.

Ive already released on your mom, op

nobody gives a fuck about this SJW franchise anymore

it took a nose dive after IV

Your mom took a nosedive on my dick.

do you shills even try anymore?

Why does civ v have so many players on the steam charts?

I don't see anyone on youtube playing it but yogscast.

>more than 1 month to go
>Already bored of Civ V
Welp

Why would you want to watch someone play Civ?

Because its comfy as fuck for all ages and not everyone is a streamer.

Haha I actually laughed.

What would draw thousands of hours of gameplay, though?

Once you've played one game, the remainder are bound to be very similar.

What civs do you wanna see in future DLCs and expansions.

-Some kinda native american civ with chill relaxing Indian flute music playing in the background.. the Shoshone were irrelevant as can be, but fuck i loved their background music.

-Polynesians. Yeah, they were irrelevant as can be, but mother of fuck their background music was excellent.. especially in their scenario. Too bad the dumb Norwegians stole their UA, so there's probably 0% chance of polynesians appearing in the game..

-Mongols. For obvious reasons. Hopefully, Firaxis doesn't fuck up and make Keshiks an objectively inferior version of the Camel Archers. I mean, come on, the Mongols fucked up the Arabs, there's no reason the camel archer should be like 10x stronger than the Keshiks.

-Vietnam. Based on modern vietnam with Viet Congs and shit, and with bonuses to jungle warfare.

-Australian aborigines. Why not, nigger?

-I'm pretty sure the Iroquois are gonna make it in, because they also represent Canada. Hopefully, Firaxis makes them actually useful this time.

-Some kinda Inuit/Eskimo civ. Because why not bitch?

they're already giving out the game to some streamers/youtubers to promote it

i think on friday it when they can show footage

so go make friends with one of them and play on their PC :)

>youtube gaming /streaming
>relevant to anything
What is this fresh meme?

If it's not worth watching, how can it be worth playing?

samefag shill

>if I can't watch someone play it, it means it's not worth my time and/or complete shit

Consider necking yourself

Same.

CBP kept it feeling new and I hoped I could enjoy it until release, but nope. The crashes didn't help either.

Dude, fuck off.

If you want to discuss the game then discuss it. Otherwise why are you here?

Wasn't a new leader supposed to be revealed today? I thought they are released once a weak on Tuesdays with just a few exceptions such as last week when it was released on Wednesday.

Talking about games is now shilling
What has Cred Forums become?

How is it an SJW franchise?

people around here just throw SJW around cause they think it makes them cool and edgy

Your samefag detection skills remind me of your mother, they suck

> People aren't shilling it on youtube how can it possibly be popular?!
I fucking hate post-millennials.

He needs to distract himself from the sounds of his mother being plowed by all his "uncles"

Canadians being a real civ.

> How come everyone is watching these movies without well-known musicians in them?
> If it's not worth listening to, how can it be worth watching?

Either it's coming out tomorrow, or they couldn't be bothered because the NDA for people with pre-release copies gets lifted on friday and everything is going to get spoiled by then

Why? It's gonna be shit until all the expansions are out anyways.

This better not have Denovo. I'm not paying £50 for a vanilla civ game.

The base game is currently missing a lot of the regulars, like:

Persians
Ottomans
Mongols
Dutch
Koreans
Mayans
Incans
Carthaginians
Celts
Zulus

They should be prioritized.

It probably won't since XCOM 2 didn't and it's allegedly going to have more extensive mod support than Civ5 which wouldn't mesh very well with anti-tampering software

Is this true?
I wouldn't mind seeing some footage instead of shitty 1 minute videos with zero gameplay

Are there any female leaders left? They most certainly can be bothered if it's advertising female civilization leaders.

Dunno. Swedes again? Gustav was always a good friend to me in Civ5. It was somehow really difficult to not make him like me.

>Australian aborigines
Had they even invented personal names before Europeans arrived?

>Mongols
They already have them. They are the black and red horse units that spawn on your boarders.

savage

>If it's not worth watching, how can it be worth playing?
Holy shit, I've seen a lot dumb shit on Cred Forums for years but this one is at the top. I hope for your sake you're only pretending to be a retard.

Didn´t work the last time.

beyond earth never happened

Except Civ 6 isn't taking away the features of the last iteration like 5 did. Civ 6 actually looks fun.

OK, here's some

>mughal empire
>Italy or another powerful Italian city state
>Afghanistan
>Carthage
>Bohemia
>Switzerland
>Finland
>Australia
>the papel state
>Hungary
>kingdom of Jerusalem
>Hanseatic league
>Abbasid Caliphate
>Yugoslavia
>Canada
>Jonestown

>Not a single valid point

I'll take it that your game is just shit, then.

t. league of losers player

I love it when people memespout like this because it shows that they started civ with civ 5
civ 3 and 4 are perfectly fine vanilla, on release, the only bad egg is civ 5 because they removed features on purpose to not 'overwhelm people because of the other changes'
that and beyond earth but that can be treated as a spinoff that they've done after most major civ games

Why does this meme continue with 2k/Firaxis games

What meme?

It started with xcom 2 with constant spamming that it will have denuvo. Now the same shit has been happening in Civ 6 threads.

Post that cleopatra animation

>Those hands
>Those eyes

I'd fuck that animation

>not playing Endless Legend
plebians

And people say new civ has bad graphics

Of course you would Theodora

Great animation but the neck doesn't look like it's a constant length. It looks like the body and head are moving independently.

I completed one playthrough as the Vaulters. I couldn't stand to complete another.

keep riding sid meyers cock boys

it looks like it could be good.

then again, so did Civ 5. i'm watching with cautious optimism

I liked EL, but Civ 5 is still more... addicting, I guess. Played a bunch of EL campaigns a while ago and I really don't feel like going back to it.

>liking a game I don't like and not liking a game I like is bad meme
Shill should be filtered.

This game is so boring. It just doesn't have enough shit to do in it. In Civ you're managing something for like 75% of the game. In this game it's more like 20%. The rest of the turns are just a chore to get through. And it's even worse when winter comes around which is literally "No Fun Allowed: The Game Mechanic."

Byzantines again, they're quite distinct from the Roman Empire after the Arab invasions.

>Those hip motions
I want to slide her onto my dick like a glove

I hope that the new system allows for more economic tinkering, though. The transition from IV to V felt kinda empty when I couldn't purposely crash my economy all for the sake of some glass cannon gambit.

It features female characters. Games that portray women in any way are hara- I mean SJW trash.

I've seen people posting that they have gotten used on the new graphics style and that it grew one them but goddamn... I really can't get past it. The world looks like they forgot to add the rest of the detail to the natural textures... I love how the gameplay is looking, but those graphics really bug me, they seem like a huge downgrade. The leaders do look decent, however, I don't mind the cartoony style.

Another worry for me is the reduced movement thing wherein you can't move two hexes if the second hex is rough terrain. This is a big problem imo since it will slow down movement from one place to another significantly. One thing the game didn't need is having our armies take longer to reach and invade someone and being rendered obsolete by the time they get there.

hellow fellow redditors, gentlesirs and proffesional meme makers xD how much karma did you two get today? ive collected around 1000 uplikes today myself!

so will Civ 6 be optimized? at all?

I've been playing a pirated copy of civ 5 goty
what are some must have mods

Can someone hype me up? What are they adding tot this game that's new and exciting? Will it need loads of expansions to be fun to play or is it good out the box? I really don't like the artstyle, especially not after the great character portraits they had in V.

>Can someone hype me up?
It has pretty much everything that was in 5 and most of it is improved.

I'd like a Vandal faction headed by Geiseric, or the Visigoths with Alaric. Both would always be unfavorable of Romans, and often favor sneakier tactics.

The art is made by tumblr and some korean mobile dev now

"unstacked cities" if you ever played Endless Legend (thats the only other game I've played that worked this way) means you have to think more about building shit in your cities.

At the end of the day, the last Civ game they released was Beyond Earth and if after that you expect VI to be amazing at launch you're an optimist at best

>Will it need loads of expansions to be fun to play or is it good out the box?
Besides having less civs (for now) and the diplomatic victory getting replaced by a religious one, it seems to have more stuff to play with than Civ5 with expansions

Beyond Earth was produced and designed by nobodies they were giving a shot. Ed motherfucking Beach is doing Civ VI, that's why hype is justified.

It has a narrator, that will die in the middle of a playthrough.

literally who?

She clearly wants the D.

>never had a point to begin with

ADD riddled millenial this place is not for you.

She NEEDS the dick

The designer of the expansions to Civ V. Prior to that he was an award-winning boardgame designer who made Here I Stand and Virgin Queen, two of the best historical war and politics sims in the medium. He's not some literally who, he's a god of boardgame design who fixed the problems with base Civ V. Get hyped.

That is not how strategy games work. If you've only played Civ one time then you're going to end up feeling gipped.

>people with pre-release copies

why didn't I hear any of this on civ fanatic? it gotta be bullshit.

Wait so what's the release ETA?

21st of October, but I think the OP is complaining about the lack of the weekly nation reveal which usually happens by now.

districts, parts of the city that goes in their own tile, there's 12 different total

civilizations seem to be more different from each other, more unique

the government system allows you to choose a government with a given amount of military/econ/diplo policies, and you can change all of it now and then (not fixed like in ciV), culture also has it's own progress tree to unlock stuff including gov's and policies

war mechanics include strategic bombing, pillaging of culture/science/faith points, support units, city sieges, justified wars

great people are all unique, and all civs compete for them, so if one civ get a great engineer, then cost of great engineer goes up for all other players, and that particular engineer can't be gotten by other players

city states are all unique

global happiness is gone, replaced with amenities and housing at local level. there's supposedly a war weariness mechanic.

leaders have agendas, replacing the personality spreadsheet of older civ

>already bored of civ v
Well it released in 2010 so I'd hope you'd be bored of it by now.

I'm surprised it sounds this good
whats the drawback? will they only release 12 civs?

18 civs + aztecs, which release after 3 months, but you get them early with preorder

Sorry man. I tried it. It's fun for a bit but then the fun stops and never comes back. It's worth a buy on sale though just for the feeling of something new.

also there's a thing called appeal, has to do with tourism and city growth I think

it's about the landscape around the cities. nice nature increase appeal while mines, airports etc decrease appeal

To be honest I think this and DOOM are going to be the only real contenders for GOTY this year.

you would think that airports would functionally increase appeal. Didn't they act as tourism multiplier in V?

also religions are built upon, rather than replaced, meaning if multiple religions take hold in a city, you'll be getting benefits from all of them.

There's no world congress, and thus no diplomatic victory, but they've said they're going to put it in later, after seeing how people play the game.

atlas holds up the sky, not the earth

reeeeeee

Civ V is on sale with all the DLC for about $15, closest I've gotten to Civ was that Warlocks game and it was pretty fun. Should I pick it up?

VI will probably be a broken mess for another few months, give V a shot, though I have no idea why you haven't already.

Don't forget the improved espionage system. Not only do spies allow you a full range of sabotage options against enemy districts but now you need spies for diplomacy too, you rely on spy reports to tell you how civs get on amonst each other, what they're planning and so on.

>no world congress
this makes me sad. fucking with civs you hate by embargo them, ban their luxuries and shit on their religion and ideology
you know: keeping them alive but let them suffer for past bullshit.

>There's no world congress

Such a shame, too. It's basically the only up of BNW compared to 6. I hope it comes back when diplomatic victory is added again

I have over 200 hours in V but the cartoon style digusts me. I would like to preorder it so much, but what the fuck, it seems like they did it for little children

Multiplayer got revamped. You know how you could never get all your friends to commit to finishing a campaign over several playtroughs? In VI they're working on making single-session games where you have a specific scenario to compete over so you can actually finish a session in an hour or so.

How is it worse than IV?

Yeah

What a time to be alive
>People wanna fuck one of history's most known names because of some video game in 2016

Are there any other games that have done something like this?

Do it faggot. You won't regret it.

lol, sjw franchise. Wow, just wow. Get a load of this epic channer Cred Forumsros.

just never really got into the series, tried pirating V or IV a while ago (can't remember which) but I could barely run it at the time so didn't get too far
it has been done

Cleopatra is probably most well known for being the most bangable female in ancient history

Good. Now don't come back here until you invested at least 200+ hours into the game.

Everything I see from the gameplay looks really enticing.
But I absolutely do not want to go back to Civ IV's comical style.

>Cleopatra is probably most well known for being the most willing female in ancient history.

ftfy

Thankfully not all the characters are super comical. Br's needs a bit of touch up but Spain's has a good blend.

>t.Helen of Troy

I heard she was ugly as well.

She was definitely the most eligible bachelorette in all of history until Octavian decided that he wanted to rule the world.

>scabbard clips into his armor
>sword clips through the scabbard when he pulls it out

>There's no world congress, and thus no diplomatic victory,
I hate diplomatic victory with a passion, but it always sucked that you can't have the world congress/UN without it enabled in V. The resolutions and everything were still pretty interesting.
Though, I'm sure I found some mod that enabled the UN without the diplo win.

It's not just the characters.
I also think the landscapes are far prettier in V.

Is it still 1upt?

Phillip is awesome
I didn't know one person can be this smug

>Hey Cleopatra I heared you dont believe in Jesus Christ, let me introduce you to my friends.

>still
You do realize that V actually was not actually strictly 1 UPT, since you can have military and civil units on one tile, right?

Only Persians deserve to be on that list
Everyone else is just not worth it

It won't be good at launch, just like Civ IV and V

Civ IV wasn't good on launch?

No Hitler no buy.

Ottomans and Mongols are also some of the most influential civs that ever existed.

D:OS 2

That's a pretty funny filename. Nice on user

>Only Persians deserve to be on that list
You say that to Mayans and Incans and see what happens.

VI will have multiple leaders for some of the civs to allow for different playstyles so don't expect the sheer number of civs from V.

this

also this

who are the confirmed civs?

They had Attila, Stalin, and Mao. Why in fucks sake wouldn't they have Hitler, he barely makes it into the top 5 historical mass murderers.

Jews

Egypt
Greece
Germany
France
England
Kongo
some fantasy civ with manny horses
Aztec
Japan
China
India
Norway

so far
I'm sure we'll also see Russia and Rome

>wanting a meme leader
Also Germany laws

Russia and Rome are there via Peter and Octavius iirc.

>Peter and Octavius
noice. both good leaders

>>Finland

Poland is probably DLC as is Isabella.

That doesn't help your case at all. As long as it's one military unit per tile, both he and I will be turned off.

>Greece
>Gorgo
Might as well mark that one with a red cross now.

Greece has two leaders, she was listed as a leader on the stream when they accidently showed the list.
She's also the most blatant attempt at quota filling since Civ II.

It's not 1UPT, they have a limited stacking system where several units of the same type can be grouped together into a single "corps" unit, and there are special support units like artillery, anti-air and battering rams which you attach to regular military units to provide them bonuses (protection against air attack, bonus when attacking a city with walls etc).

>Saladin
>Arabia
please tell me this is confirmed

youtube.com/watch?v=VSCTlpEM9Vw

We have Pericles for Greece. Gorgo will probably be second leader.

When has he not been Arabia. Don't say V

Pretty much. Boring choice all things considered, bound to get a few people mad just like Cleopatra.

I hope they make Gilgamesh a fuccboi just so I can laugh at the autism it causes.

>fuccboi
What the fuck does that mean? I don't understand nigger speak.

This was spotted back in the Art of Civilization video.

He's actually ONLY* been IV before - III's Arabia was led by Abu Bakr.

(*Well, there's the Civilization Revolution games, as well.)

>be Firaxis
>decide next game will bring the return of multiple leaders
>India always stuck with Gandhi because he's the mascot
>perfect opportunity for another leader choice
>"nah man, Gorgo"

>Mayans
Good, fuck em

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/338859950/#338890243
>user, it's far worse than that. The art department decided to go with Gorgo.
>26 May 2016
whoa

>Jamestown
Kek, I'd dig it
>No one can control your Civ cities because you can make it destroy itself as a last ditch fuck you

I guess it's a case of sacrificing fun for realism?

While Gorgo is a beyond retarded choice (they could've picked anyone from ancient Greek history, the Byzantine era, or the Modern Greek era, but no, they went for le epic warrior woman), she is just an extra, considering that everyone else gets one leader in vanilla civ6. Greece will get another leader in the DLC, most likely Alexander, so it will be 3 leaders in total. My point is, Gorgo's purpose is to showcase the leader switching mechanic that will be introduced and to offer an alternative strategy to Greece. She is a bonus used for quota filling and gameplay demonstration, not one of the flagship alternate leaders that we will get to see in the DLC. So to them, it was either Gorgo or noone else.

Gandhi is a meme at this point so you will have to wait for the DLC.

>one unit per tile
>shitty mobile graphics
>same shitty diplomacy as 5
>same shitty religion system as 5
>same shitty civics system as 5
>retarded leader choices
hard pass, are there any actually good 4X games on the horizon?

>Octavius

Nope, Trajan.

Well I stand corrected

>>one unit per tile
incorrect, there is not "limited stacking" you can stack like units together, and stack support units with other units.
>>shitty mobile graphics
before Civ V the graphics were always a little cartoony
>>same shitty diplomacy as 5
this I don't know about. I do know that you're not longer told directly what things are happening in the world, rather you need to speak to other Civs to hear gossip
>>same shitty religion system as 5
also false, religion is getting a number of changes, including "religious wars" and religions building on each other, rather than replacing them when they come to a Civ
>>same shitty civics system as 5
the civics system is changed as well, using cards and such, and allowing you to change them out, you're no longer locked into a plan.
>>retarded leader choices
What leader choices would you rather have?

SJW?
?????

I'm on the opposite side regarding Diplo victories, so I'm a bit put off that they're out. How do religious victories work: convert all capital cities to your religion, or something more complex?

Damn son

Because it's a fucking good game with modding support that keeps it open for improvement/expansion, much like SimCity 4

>It's not just the characters.
>I also think the landscapes are far prettier in V.
I used to shit on VI's art style when I first saw it, but now it kind of grew on me. I especially like the fog of war look.

The majority of the cities in every living Civ and City-State have to be your religion.

You're allowed to send in your religious units and convert even in peacetime, and the only diplomatic hit you'll take is local (like if a Civ asks you not to convert their cities and you ignore them) - the world won't turn against you just because you're making Spain your bitch or anything.

Also, there's a Holy War casus belli which reduces the amount of warmonger penalty you get for warring against someone with a different predominant religion than yours, so I imagine the intended path to Religious Victory is some mix of spreading the good word and DEUS VULT

the drawn map look is really, really nice.

>I imagine the intended path to Religious Victory is some mix of spreading the good word and DEUS VULT
>Saladin confirmed for Arabia
>Phillip II for Spain

I'm not even remotely mad at Diplo being gone anymore. Thanks user.

>Philip II

I do hope I can make him the leader of England as well.

>pick Vietnam
>It ain't me starts playing

Because he's a meme leader.

looks like fun.
and you approach two victory types at once: religion and domination. whatever comes first, so be it.

Any idea on how culture victories will work?

dynasty warriors :^)

>People want historically accurate talking heads
>People don't want to look at hot chicks while diplomatizing
>People want the same old leaders as in every other game
Fuck people.

They leaked them all on a stream by accident.

Russia gets Peter and Rome gets Trajan. There is also Gorgo who might be another leader for greece i think. Can't remember any more.

It seems like a twist to what BNW introduced: you want more foreign tourists in your civ than other civs have of "domestic tourists", which means either the number of tourists from your civ or their own tourists. The wording is confusing at the moment (at least to me), but the pic makes it clear that there is a set target of tourists you need to shoot for.

More live people want to historically revise shit

Interesting

great animation but it lloks so far off of what you would expect cleo to look like

>what you would expect cleo to look like
Do you think this is a fucking photograph?