Worst GTA or overrated GTA?

Worst GTA or overrated GTA?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qqpTq9_rf_Q
gamefaqs.com/ps2/466217-grand-theft-auto-iii/faqs/18503
gtaforums.com/topic/476149-save-icon-gone/
mega.nz/#!Z44jQCRA!WgLqWIngqgCkqYZ3KHKfkbn48In04OFojV9A8ToUihc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Actually, the bastard child of the franchise is the GBA version.

no one played it so no one cares

San Andreas is overrated one.

>Overrated
GTAV
>Worst
San Andreas

It's still a lot of fun, but it does feel a bit dated, San Andreas pretty much improved on Vice City in every way.

>The GTA with the most content is the worse

Still can't get over playing as a nigger?

GTA2>GTAVC>GTA4>GTA3>LONDON1969>GTA>GTA5>GTASA

>more content means it's better!!!!

Sorry about your garbage opinion

GTA3 and GTA San Andreas were the most revolutionary. GTA4 brought it to a new engine, but most of the stuff that made the series consistent and modern happened in SA. Especially the free camera, climbing, and swimming.

>Most overrated GTA
>Not Vice City

>Vice City better than SA
>When SA is essentially Vice City just improved in almost all aspects

It's not just content, it brought brand new mechanics and controls. The right stick was fucking gay in 3 and VC, putting you into a useless first person mode instead of moving the camera.

>Being an unironic hipster faggot contrarian

GTA V> San Andreas > VC > IV > III > dog shit > GTA 1&2.
Opinion free of nostalgia.

>it's this thread again

bait

>calls other people faggot
>rates V to the highest degree
LOL

Really, OP is baiting by having Claud in Vice City.

SA > VC > rest

>better in all aspects
missions were far more scripted than in VC and the map suffer from a lot of empty space.

Seriously, just look at how much pointless countryside there is.

SA>II>VC>rest>dogshit>IV

SA > V > 3 > VC > 4 > 1&2

I played the first two so long ago that I forgot which is which. Amazing for the time, never seen a game where you can drive around a city before, but certainly nothing special today. The series went up objectively from there.

SA > VC > 5 > VCS > 3 > LCS > 4 > 2 > 1

>IV
>bad

>pointless
Half the city is "pointless" by this logic because you can't enter most of the buildings and there's nothing to do but shoot people or star at the scenery.

Terrible list

>VCS
>That low

you want to explain yourslelf user?

I felt SA had more fleshed out missions and more variety in missions, VC missions by comparison are fairly simple and straightforward. You could bring up the same empty space argument for VC. The beach on the east side of the map takes up a huge chunk of the map and is barely used and the airport is massive and hardly used as well. I like Vice City, but play VC and SA close together and it's easy to see that SA improved on most things. The only thing SA really did a little worse was properties.

Just Los Santos is almost as big as Vice City, which has a stupidly large airport and the lowest tide beach in the world that's basically a desert

>Tiny-ass map
>Few improvements over 3
>Circle-jerk over muh 80's
It could have just been an expansion to GTA3.

>implying playing as a gangsta spending the whole game doing gangsta shit is an improvement.

it's a great game but the others before it are slightly better in my opinion

Gta III>GTA VC>Gta SA>GTA 5>the rest

it's the objectively wrong opinion of a 15 year old

You don't get it

>V over anything
Shit opinion

The story and atmosphere comes down to personal preference, but disregarding that mechanically and graphically SA greatly improved on VC, in VC you couldn't even move your camera while in a car. SA also had more content, a larger world, more fleshed out missions, more vehicles, swimming, RPG elements, etc.

i thought Vice City was the worst because no one was ever playing it and my friends always let me borrow it. my friend practically gave it to me.

but when SA came out no one was letting anyone borrow that and you could never rent it, you HAD to buy it.

>liking gta sa

>calls other people faggot
>has an opinion that is different than mine
YOU LITERALLY CANNOT DEBATE ME. I HAVE GREEN TECTS

Doesn't matter how good SA was outside the story, I could not handle the game anymore after all I did was doing graffiti shit, gang wars, stealing, ordering fastfood and lowdrive shit.

is there a free look/aim mouse mod for VC?

I don't see the need why we must start arguments over ranking games that were all top tier anyway.

Nevertheless, this is the objective rankings free of all nostalgia, contrarianism, and plebianism
San Andreas > V > Vice City > IV > III

Graffiti was optional, gang wars was mostly optional, only really had to do it a few times at the beginning and end, stealing was optional, fastfood was kind of optional, and there's more cars than lowriders.

Best GTA ever.

this this vice city or 3?

I'm 22 years old.
>using age as an insult
Either you're underage yourself or a wizard.

>I could not handle the game anymore after all I did was doing graffiti shit, gang wars, stealing, ordering fast food and lowdrive shit
Maybe you should have gotten gud and got past the first half of the game you scrub

GTA in general is an overrated shitty series. Being about to 'do anything' doesn't matter if it's all second rate gameplay.

>It's get better after 50hours! I-I promise.

you have to do all of that once or twice, the rest is optional, are you fucking retarded?

>50 hours
Holy fuck you really do suck

How is the Steam version of GTA III? I heard that SA had a few songs cut from it, but I don't know if it's the only one.

>HURRRRR OLDER THINGZ R ALWAYS BETR, FUKK THE MAINSTREM

now I remember why I left this board.

vice city with ""le epic mods""

50 hours? The gang parts is like the shortest section of the game lol

>Ranking IV so low

Rockstar will never make an innovative game again because casual shit stains like you.

>he doesn't like the game?!
>B-bait!

Every damn time.

You're almost always better off pirating old games like that.

Every GTA is boring and terrible.

Because mom won't let you, it's a school night.

almost? so i should buy it?

GTA 5 is both the most overrated and the worst.

>hurrrr its the newest one and everyone else likes it so it MUST be good

Grand Breasts Auto?

They probably love Skyrim too for having 'unlimited amount of quests!' because of the shitty, identical, repeatable quests you can do,

LOOK IN MY EYES WHAT DO YOU SEE

I liked IV too, but let's get real. Vice City and San Andreas are better.

I have

>you are old enough that people don't know what gba is anymore

>leave board
>keep posting

DAMAGED

SA>VC>III>IV>V

Can anyone actually tell me what's wrong with GTA5 or how SA and VC are better?

Gta5 single player missions shit on those games.

SA > VCS > Gay Tony > 5 > VC > 4 > LCS > 3 > TLAD

who's this whore?

switching between 3 different protags got old about 2 minutes into the game

the world is too sterile and grounded without the wacky feel of VC and SA

the """""satire""""" is forced and cringy

Trevor sounds, acts, and plays like a redditor designed him

Everything but the world being sterile just feels like desperate nitpicking and meming.

Are there any ways in which the older games had better gameplay besides 4's physics being more advanced

Who /gtao/ here?

I disliked the 3 protag bullshit but I can't hate on V because it has the best world by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar and overall best missions/gameplay

However the heist missions could have been 10 times better if you just played as a single guy instead of switching at scripted moments

sup nigguh

dlc only for online you can fuck off

Franklin's story was insulting
>be a ghetto nigga living with his aunts
>meet some guy
>suddenly after few missions own mansion in Hollywood

4 was boring as shit to play story wise. It had great ideas but not my favorite execution. It's a letdown compared to VC and SA but as a sequel to 3 it's up there.

Rockstar will never make another game period thanks to GTA Online though. No more Bully 2, Manhunt 3, or GTA6. Why make a new game when they make money off of microtransactions?

This is he only GTA I haven't played, only a few times on a friend's place and it seemed really fun.
Please elaborate on why do you think it is the worst.

Also, these constant GTA threads are making me want to re-install SA again, but I know it hasn't aged well.

its the newest

4 had the same treatment, EVERYONE on Cred Forums shat on its weighty driving physics and now everyone acts like they want those back

personally I put at least 400 hours just drifting with an LSD mod in 4 but I appreciate 5's faster paced driving, and 3D GTA games always changed stuff gameplay wise except 3 to VC

But IV was really bad. It was visually impressive and that on itself was enough motivation to keep me playing for a long time, but it lacked so many things you would expect after SA.

If IV had had more character customisation, properties and if money hadn't been completely pointless it would have been a much better game.

that's what everyone was saying in 2008 and now they're all acting like its great and 5 is shit

but yeah I dunno what to tell you, there's not a single rockstar game I didn't enjoy for one reason or another, but I find this ''lets hate on the newest iteration!'' shit really funny

If you're talking 3D GTA III is worse with it's echoey sound and mediocre radio stations.

>There are people in this thread that still think SA was mainly about gang life in current year.

Vice City > San Andreas > GTAV > GTA1 > GTAIV > GTA3 > GTA2

>There are people who expect Cred Forums to know shit about shit

best opinion in thread, I've never seen another user with the same top 3 as me
2, VC, SA is the GTA holy trinity

GTA IV hands down. Literally the only shitty GTA. Fuck that game.

>GTA IV
>Innovative
nu Cred Forums babby hour I see

It had nice technology and attention to detail, it's a shame the "game" part was so boring.

>nobody ever mentions liberty city stories
honestly my favorite protag

COZY AS FUCKKKKK

1. GTA Vice City
2. GTA V
3. GTA = GTA2
5. GTA SA
6. GTA III
>Power Gap

Say what you want about the base game but Ballad of Gay Tony is the best GTA.

That's wrong though.

I've been playing GTA since the first game, and I can tell you that IV is great. I'm literally playing it right now and I can tell you that it's aged well in every department except graphics. It's a technical marvel in addition to having a solid plot and core mechanics.

IV tried something new rather than just repeating the GTA formula ad infinitum, and I respect it for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=qqpTq9_rf_Q

Pervy.

I'm thinking about replaying the whole III/VC/SA trilogy soon.

Since I'm starting with GTA 3, are there any essential bug fixes/mods I need before playing?

Also are the keyboard and mouse controls ok for driving? Last time I played them was on the PS2 with a controller but I would like the accuracy of a mouse when aiming guns. I'm just worried if the racing and flying missions would be hell with a keyboard.

Install the widescreen fix on both GTA III and VC. It makes the game look 10xs better.

what was it about

>Worst
>overrated
GTA IV
>but muh online
i don't care about online modes

Are there any other games that have the gritty Mafia style feeling that GTA IV had?

I'd love to see more of that.

alright, thanks

Oh yeah, and the same goes for GTA SA

Also another thing is getting the silentpatch for GTA VC, it restores the things they forgot to include in the PC version (i.e the glowy money and guns, tommy's animation when he's holding rifles.) And trails is optional if you want but most people don't like it. So I recommend skygfx, it's the same thing but better.

>that theme
it's like Rockstar just knew they were making gold and would set the standard for open world games forever

mousejail if you have multiple monitors, this and i think you _have_ to play 3 with v-sync on because if you don't claude will randomly go flying off at incredible speed/take fall damage or drown in the water when you step down inclines.

some feature/game-breaking trivia you should also know
III:
>Purple Nines glitch: gamefaqs.com/ps2/466217-grand-theft-auto-iii/faqs/18503
>If the player dies whilst a vehicle is being transferred to the boat from the crane, the crane may be frozen in the position it was when the player died, rendering it unusable. You will no longer be able to get 100% completion, since the Import/Export side missions are required for completion.
>You can easily complete vigilante in 3 by pausing the game when pursuing a criminal. They'll get out of their car and you can just run them over.

VC:
>The Cherry Popper's save point can corrupt the player's saved file. This doesn't always occur, but it's recommended to use a different save point.
>The Havana outfit becomes unavailable because the game spawns it behind an invisible fence. This happens because the missions which require the player to change their clothes will "destroy" all clothing pickups, but puts them back after the mission is over. However, three missions: Cop Land, No Escape? and The Job put the Havana outfit into the wrong place. To avoid this the player must complete these three missions before completing "Two Bit Hit". This is commonly referred to as the Havana Glitch. However, it is possible to change clothes in this uniform if to move to this point by means of a teleport.

SA:
>'Wear Flowers in Your Hear' save point glitch gtaforums.com/topic/476149-save-icon-gone/
>saving with certain cheats enabled can prevent 100% completion. never save after using cheats.

The only GTA worth playing

IV should have added on the stuff that SA had. Instead they gave us a very pretty world in which we have no effect at all.

If by "something new" you mean less stuff to do, then yes, GTA IV is certainly the odd brother in the series.

I'm saying this as someone who had lots of fun with the game. It took a huge leap forward in terms of realism, but it had very little actual content.

damn you were shit and didn't progress

:3

Must have been hawiian shirt day

driving mechanics is shit (even compared to SA)
police A.I. is shit (compare with GTA IV)
story is meh, but IV was way worse, so whatever.

SA>VC>III>IV>Watching dog shit dry>V

VC > IV > SA > TBoGT > TLaD > III > V

I was for a while. Completed all the heists, but the fucking Armored Kuruma and was saving up to buy the Jet and the armored truck when the game just kind of stopped being fun, so then I turned into a murderous asshole like 90% of the playerbase already was.

Why did the GTA 3 lad return in San Andreas as such an absolute pussy?

Did his lack of speech lead him to somehow agree to be Catalina's eternal dog?

One of the best actually.
Ofcourse it feels a little dated but the music/radio is the best of them all

it's not just the physics, the police A.I. and all the NPCs' behaviors were better in IV.

thanks, found the silent patch and skygfx without any trouble.

It was very interesting to read about the Purple Nines glitch, thanks. First thing I'm gonna do is save my game to slot 8 then.

I KNOW A PLACE AT THE EDGE OF THE RED LIGHT DISTRICT WHERE WE CAN LAY LOW

BUT MY HANDS ARE ALL MESSED UP, SO YOU BETTER DRIVE BROTHER

perv

Never beat it but i played it. It was reminiscent of the first two GTAs. Not great but no unplayable either.
Say what you want but part three, but its the game that started moving GTA in the direction it is today. lt was great for its time and literally only got better. Vice city was fun as shit, part 4 was meh but remarkable in the respect that you can do all sorts of extra non linear side story stuff, regardless of how mundane and repetitive it got to be. San Andreas was phenomenal. Practically flawless for its time. The only way to have improved it was with multiplayer. Which they actually had in little easter egg areas and which they did in spades with GTA 5.

Imagine if the creators of fable had held themselves to the same standards as rockstar.... I miss fable.

You should force AA in your GPU settings and use an older version of the widescreen patch without the horrendous font outline.

I've 100%'d Vice City a few times and I don't think I have ever stood foot on the small beach on the west island.

gotta download?

This so much.

mega.nz/#!Z44jQCRA!WgLqWIngqgCkqYZ3KHKfkbn48In04OFojV9A8ToUihc

I feel like the best GTA games are the ones that focus on what makes the series special: stealing cars. GTA 1 and 2 were all about finding the right car for your mission; be it pancaking Hare Krishnas with a garbage truck or dodging the cops in a sports car, GTA has fundamentally been about using cars as creatively as possible.

GTA3 perfectly captures that element of the series. Every mission is either drive to place > kill guy, or kill guy > drive to place. Somehow, this works perfectly.

Vice City and San Andreas, while awesome for their own reasons, kind of stopped giving a shit about the car-stealing aspect of the GTA series. These games introduced shit like the toy airplane missions, the turret missions, and more reliance on scripting. Personally, I find that shit to be cancer.

GTAIV went back to basics, and actually made the shooting and driving deeper than it had ever been. Like most people, I was confused by the physics at first but once you learn how to control them, the shit you can do is insane. Every car has a unique handling profile based on it's weight and shape, just like real cars. I also found the story to be the best fit for a GTA game. No longer are you a gangsta-turned-entrepeneur or a psycho on a warpath. You're a stranger in Liberty City's strange land, just like Rockstar North's staff irl, considering they're all Scottish. There's some scripting issues here as well (invincible cars that you have to chase past a point to destroy), but it doesn't happen often.

GTAV, while impressive on a technical scale, brought back all the boring gimmicks and got about as far as possible from the carjacking roots of the series. Nearly every mission is laden with scripting. The game produces fail states if you even THINK about alternative methods of completing missions.

TL;DR GTAIV = GTA3 > GTA SA = Vice City > Chinatown Wars > LCS = VCS > GTAV > GTA1 > GTA2

Honorable mention Body Harvest

Thanks user, do I replace it with the existing one I have?

Yeah, should work fine.

You tricked me, user. Never again.

CJ was the biggest bitch though.

>not slapping the shit out of Catalina

At least he talked back, Claude seemed demoted to her slave

What was he even doing there? I don't get why he's in the game desu, just makes him look shit after the entire GTA3 game

Sleeping Dogs, kind of. You generally deal with serious gangsters, the storyline is pretty dark and there's not a lot of silly stuff going on.

One of the best.

Vice City had excellent pacing and missions.

The characters were interesting and quirky.

Soundtrack and voice acting were one of the best in the GTA game.

stop

I agree with some of what you said but disagree with others. I agree that a huge problem these days is the games so scripted its essentially holding your hand through the whole thing and its fucking annoying, The older gtas were definitely gave more freedom to the player. However lets be real and take the nostalgia goggles off.... to say gta 1 and 2 are the pinnacle of gta and future games should be more like them is unrealistic and just not true. Ya the game started as a simple "steal cars" game but as time goes on games have to grow and adapt to keep gamers amused. gta "losing its way" isnt exactly fair since it still has a shit ton of car stealing in it, but it focusing on other crime than just stealing cars is the only way GTA will continue to survive.

why

>overrated GTA
GTA V. It is beatiful, bot I prefer GTA IV because of a lot of things. The game do what it is supose to do, so I think it's just my opinion. There's no overrated GTA.
>worst GTA
Chinatown. I just don't like the game.

Turn off the outline, holy shit.

Is it possible to emulate LCS/VCS with full speed and 100% accuracy?

but user it didn't work

All you have to do is change one line of code

what are you talking about all I did was put it in the same dictionary the game is in

>one line of code

are you the anonymous hacker known as Cred Forums?

In the .ini that came with the widescreen patch there is a setting that adds a black outlline to text.
You can set it to 1 for a lighter black or 0 to turn it competely off.

Not sure but she looks a lil like a friend of mine so it's really nice to see

woah woah woah woah stop right there

are you seriously telling me you might be the anonymous hacker known as Cred Forums?

Sa occurs before 3 you fool

Dammit user you should of told me from the beginning instead of instead of sending me on some finna BOGUS adventure.

Now explain how to enable AA.

O..oh
It does?

H..Haha I was just pretending anyway

Set ForceMultisamplingLevel to max

Great taste. Would switch VC and 2 though.

Okay, where?

Literally a line below the outline line as before.

>should of

Maybe you should stop messing with your game

Thanks user

GTA 2 > GTA VC > GTA 5 > GTA SA > GTA>GTA 3 > GTA4

dint play the other ones but people say chinatown is great

>xbox mod improves models and textures
>completely JUSTs Claude's face

>le gta iv is worst may may

>le gta iv was good maymay

Just fug my game up.

>IV gets universally shit on on Cred Forums
>after V cames out all the V defenders come out of the woodwork and claim the game was actually great

p o e t r y

you had to if you 100%'d it. There's sanchez races there i think.

>This logic

Do you work for EA?

OFFICIAL RANKING GAMEPLAY WISE

IV > SA > V > VC > 3

OFFICIAL RANKING RADIO WISE

VC > SA > 3 > IV > V

OFFICIAL RANKING OVERALL

SA = VC > IV > V > 3

Or with Trails

That is to the northeast of Downtown, in the green patch. There's a Sanchez and Landstalker checkpoint thing there.

GTA V stopped loading for me, noticed plenty of workaround and complaints for pc version.

Should I just reinstall? fuckin 60 gigs

IV is bad

Also why is he mad?

>that mission
>that sentinel
>that penthagon shaped steering wheel

Prison scowl.

Fuck you, Chinatown Wars was great

how

it's the best game ever made

Dammit user people have opinion you know?

Mr. Leone, I'm CLAUDE.

i'm just saying since gta sa is probably one of the biggest, baddest motherfuckin' games ever

best selling game of all time on the best selling system of all time which had crazy 3rd party support and a huge longevity

tons of accolades, tons of controversy

even objectively, it simply has the most content, the most detail, the most love put into it

the only way you wouldn't like it is if you, for example, prefer the 80's miami vice, scarface, cool cars, cool clothes, cool music and tons of coke style, but that's subjective

simply put, GTA SA is the best game ever made, and every time i try to analyze it, it just gets better and better

IV>SA>V

I really need to play Vice City but I dont like that 3 and VC dont have free aim.

Where to begin?

>lots of wasted space
>missions are scripted and gimmicky
>CJ's reluctance in performing his criminal activities clashes with activities like turf wars and property management
>the Catalina arc was shit
>not all of the side activities were that good (i.e trucker missions)
>a lot of content bloat

graphix suck. looks like an xbox one game

PC versions do

>Most overrated
V

>Worst
V

Looks ugly with trails.

Vice City Stories is definitely the most under-appreciated GTA.

>SA hasn't aged well

The game is still played and quoted by hundreds of fans to this day, how da fuck the game did not age well?

>mfw Steam keep installing the censored German version even though my locale isn't in german
>changing the locale to english doesn't help either
Being a frog is hell.

I definitely appreciate its soundtrack.

BoGT > VC > 3 > SA = IV >>> V

here's my subjective meme list
tbogt>vc=sa>iv>tlad>3>5>chinatown
never played any of the stories games or the first two games

His first console was a 360

EGYPTIAN LOVER

EGYPTIAN LOVER

>the synthline at the end of the VCS edit
muh dick

These hundreds of fan are retards with nostalgia goggles.

ONE OF YOU TARDS HAS BEEN RUNNING PERUVIAN FLAKE THROUGH THE SCHOOL

first two games where good but 3+ were on whole new level obviously

>lots of wasted space
What the fuck does "lots of wasted space" really mean? A cool big-ass map that has tons of explorable space USED in missions, but also tons of believable scenery with nooks and crannies that hold easter eggs and little fun stuff, not to mention that traversing every single part of the map is FUN AF

>missions are scripted and gimmicky
the missions are diverse and interesting, and each time you begin a mission you're rewarded with a fun cutscene that progresses the story

>CJ's reluctance in performing his criminal activities clashes with activities like turf wars and property management
CJ was never reluctant to perform any kind of crime, only the errand boy shit he has to do for the cops

>the Catalina arc was shit
the catalina arc was a great throwback to gta 3 and all her phone calls are great

>not all of the side activities were that good (i.e trucker missions)
the side activities aren't supposed to be fucking mindblowing, it's fucking truck driving, taxi driving, etc, it's just great to have that level of detail

>a lot of content bloat
WAY TOO MUCH content was actually fucking cut from the game

YOU A BUSTA, TIM

NO TIME FOR FREEDOM BITCHES

ONLY TIME TO DIE

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

this film cannot be rated

i had to download an uncut steam exe try find a download link on google

don't throw any tofu or bean curds at me for saying this. but original trilogy was boss in all of its entirety. 3 is only a little rough around the edges to me and that's it.

>tofu or bean curds
Go back to trying to chop desks in half, Reed.

THIS IS MC SHIT HEAD