Which one?

Which of these should I buy on PS4? Which is more fun?

Chivalry is £8 and Mount and blade is £15.
(I DONT HAVE A PC!)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R1uCVofH_xk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>M&B
>on PS4

Chivalry is way more fun and actually looks / plays sorta like a game from post-2003.

It doesn't really have singleplayer though, and the multiplayer is likely dead as fuck.

If you don't have a PC, then how are you posting?

From the image filename, I can tell you're not using a phone.

Chivalry:

>Fun combat, great in short bursts
>Extremely cancerous community
>Devs made a one-hit wonder and are generally retarded
>Almost no map/content updates anymore, only more shop cosmetics

M&B:

>Autism simulator
>Lotta good mods

shit taste

A netbook. It cant play games.

M&B runs on literal toasters from 2006
You might not play the more demanding mods that add shitloads of stuff and improve graphics, but vanilla is fine

if you only have a ps4 then i guess you'll have to go with chivalry

MB is the better game though and you should get the PC version

m&b worked fine with low settings on my shittop from like 2001

Fuck getting either on PS4 and just get Mount and Blade for PC. Got a fuckload of content in the singleplayer if you include all the potential mods and a pretty decent multiplayer with a sizeable community. If you do end up giving a shit about the multiplayer, check out the Napoleonic Wars DLC, it's multiplayer only but a good amount of the playerbase is still there for it.

It overheats too. It cant run anything more demanding than youtube.

tough luck senpai
Get Chivalry then
There's no reason to play M&B if you can't at least add some mods that fix a lot of stuff in vanilla

Just get M&B. It will last you much longer if you enjoy single player games. It also has an MP mode so you're getting more bang for your buck on content.

>Get Chivalry

ok thanks

>buying a mostly dead MP oriented game

I can smell the vuyer's remorse already. Good luck.

Neither.
Both are shit on console.
Chivalry is first person and M&B needs mods.

>M&B
>Chivalry
>on consoles

Not Chivalry its dead.
M&B is a good port and a good game in vanilla.

Don't listen to this clown OP, just get M&B.

My friend runs m&b on some intel integrate card from like 2000 tho he lags like shit

Me too, thats why I'm on ps4

Chiv can be third

Mount and Blade, you will have the barebones version with crippled multiplayer but it's fucking awesome.

I thought it was shit at the begining, but for some reason I got hooked up and it's one of these game where it is really hard to put the controller down.

Of course it's 1 million time better on PC.
Chivalry is garbage both on PC and PS4, get Mount and Blade.

>mfw my current playthrough objective is to become a king and remove all the kebab of the map, fuck sarranids sandniggers faggots

Chivalry is dead as fuck on PS4 OP. I don't know if you should get Mount & Blade either since it might have the same fate if it hasn't already.

Also when Chivalry had a decent amount of players the netcode was absolutely trash so it was never fun, ever.

Chivalry was fun when I played it, I don't know if it still has players online though

Mount and blade would be worthless without mod support, I wouldn't bother.
I can't tell you if Chivalry is any good, but stay well away from console M&B

I still don't get why people only love Warband moded, I mean some mods are fucking greats but I spent hours playing vanilla warband and it was fun.

Vanilla is fun enough by itself; however, once I started modding I could never go back.

jesus christ you're dreadful at Chiv

Don't bother with those games if you're on console.

youtube.com/watch?v=R1uCVofH_xk

chiv is better tho.

Wait for For Honor

haha holy fuck playing either on PS4.

How the fuck does M&B even work on console with the fact that you have to move the mouse in specific directions in order to control your attacks?

>Which of these should I buy on PS4?

You only need nudge the camera a mere pixel or two to change direction, you can also change the setting so that your swing direction is dictated by either camera turning or character movement (Jedi Knight style).

If you want to play multiplayer, chivalry

pros

>intuitive, easy to learn combat
>decent visuals
>somewhat solid classes and weaps

cons

>no single player
>combat can be lame and cancerogenous as fuck; I'm talking about people who go in fights bending like a limbo dancing master and start rotating around like a ballerina high on meth, all of this to take advantage of the simple combat mechanics
>at the end of the day, very shallow combat too
>customization is limited, they tried to expand armour customization (which is only visual) a little bit with mostly horrible dlc sets

I was about to make a similar post about MB, but honestly I don't recommend you to play it on a ps4. I don't think it's the kind of game console player can enjoy, it's kinda outdated and it's not really beginner friendly. Also it relies heavily on mods, not even exaggerating.

Also, multiplayer wise it's utter shit. Mind you, I love MB and have almost 1k hours on it, but holy shit while the combat system might work in sp, in mp you'll find the same cancer that afflicts chivalry but even worse.

Then again I think WOTR has a better combat system than both, and most of people would probably disagree with me

eh, in mount and blade the autistic wobbles don't really work. it's actually a vital part of chivalry.

people do it because it works on people that panic, if you don't panic you'll win though because they're applying way more effort into doing gay wobbles than you will be by just swinging your sword.
Oh yea, the combat is fucking gay on medium speed like every server is so the game is dead anyways. If there was fastest combat speed servers the game would still be good. The community collectively agreed that medium combat is better because it encourages wobbling faggotry though.

Can confirm, my graphics card took a dump on me leaving only the internal card to work with. M&B was the only game I could still play, not even Morrowind would run.

It's not about panic imo, it's about the constant delaying of hits and parries mixed with the weird ass movements that prevent you to actually see what are they doing with their arms/weapon.

That said, it has been months since the last time I played it so it could have changed

MB combat for multi is shit, wich explains why the multi was always played by a restricted niche of players. WOTR actually managed to improve it while maintaing the same basics, working on the weapons behaviour so a player couldn't swing his two handed greatsword around like a fucking spaz with a swatter. Too bad the rest of the game was shitty.

I have a shit comp and DLed M+B, runs alright but is super fucking fun

Bought it on PS4 mainly to see how it'd play, and it plays really well. controller feels surprisingly not awkward. Only downside is no mods

also, MB on a shitty PC sucks because your battle size is super limited

get it for ps4, its a good game on pc but still a good game on ps4

>all these people dissing vanilla Warband because they are spoiled by mods

Fuck off already, the base game is still good and worth the $20 they are asking for the console port. Should he play it on PC? Of course, but if doesn't have that option vanilla Warband is still good.

Chiv combat isnt supposed to be fun because its realistic. Also, speeding up and delaying hits are a thing you get used to and will eventually be able to block pretty easily.

My advice is these two combined.

This, mostly. I bought it on ps4 since its my most played game on pc, but there are a few annoying things they could have fixed that it's hard to go back to after vanilla extension mods.

The worst things are lack of battle continuation, a battle calculator that hates the player (your men can lose when outnumbering 2 to 1). There are a few good quality of life upgrades though

>Also, speeding up and delaying hits are a thing

It's not about realism, doing that by bending your body by over 90 degrees/rotating thus hiding your movements is just retarded and ruins the gameplay. And it's definitely not the way the combat is intended to work.

Perhaps the air vents are located under the laptop?
Raise your laptop on a platform so it exposes the air vents.

The way the devs intended it to work isnt the same as what the player base is making work. The audience that enjoys chiv nowadays are fine with the more ridiculous moves; the ballerina moves shouldnt necessarily be a reason for gameplay being bad. In fact the "exploits" actually raise the skill ceiling

I'd say get Chivalry on PS4 and M&B on PC torrent it, at least you can mod M&B.

ballerina dancing is not about skill at all though, I agree with other user. devs should fix that shit

this
the ridiculous shit makes a huge part of the fun

Learning how to do it effectively takes a lot of practice and the fact that experienced players can consistently block them is a sign that skill is involved.

> devs should fix that shit
Pretty sure they tried to a while ago and failed

Get warband, no brainer, the combat in chilvalry feels clunkey and is shallow. you got a good single player, but damn though, the multiplayer is what keeps me hooked to the game, very in depth, archery plays better, and you also have cav, not just inf fights.

Warband isnt held back by a shitty stamina bar.
Chivalry is.
Warbands MP isnt dead, they are still doing tornaments and there are always servers with people in them.
Chilvalry is ded. and it even came out after warband.
besides, what other games are there you where you can fight on the sides of buildings like spiderman?

For Honor
trust me

Mods where fun enough, but when i got hooked in the native multiplayer, i put THOUSANDS of hours in, not just hundreds.

user...

both are phenomenal
but Chivalry is dead
and Mount and Blade is flat out better
so get MNB

> devs should fix that shit
>Pretty sure they tried to a while ago and failed

nah, they actively encouraged that kind of play.

Neither. But you should buy Warband on PC. Even if you have some toaster it will run the game and it's fucking excellent.

mount and blade can't be enjoyed on console, just go with chiv. you can't even use the battlesizechanger on console, what's the point

Mount n Blade Warband is a single player game
This shit meme needs to die, now.

should someone tell him?

Chivalry is trash, M&B obvious choice.

Chivalry fucking sucks, so don't get that lmfao

Chiv sucks.

For Honor looks fucking horrendous.

He did mention a thing that only affects single player. Don't know what got you triggered

>Mordhau fag hasn't shown up to shill yet
Is he dead?

For Honor has mordhau, so it is historically accurate.

Check out Steam stats. 9000 people still play everyday. It's old from 2009 and even a shit laptop can run it.

my friend said he likes it better than the PC version which I find kinda hard to believe, I'll have to try it next time I go over
I'd go M&B because I got the Xbone version of Chivalry and it ran like ass

Mordhau looks much more interesting than that casual garbage For Honor desu famalams. Also it's mordschlag. Half swording memes are cancerous as fuck.

why does he look up at the sky when he's being attacked
I thought you had to look at where the attack is coming from to parry it

Thanks for reminding me how bad chiv is

Chiv is about hilariously broken fields of view and perspectives.

Mordhaus gonna be great my man

>recommending this garbage over Warband
I shiggy diggy doo