Vidya Recommendations

ITT: Post your favorite games, others give you recommendations

Last time I posted this thread I had some success, still looking for more though.

>WRPGs
Deus Ex, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, STALKER, VTMB, Gothic, Alpha Protocol, Mass Effect
>JRPGs
SMT and Persona, Rune Factory, Etrian Odyssey, Dark Souls, Valkyria Chronicles
>Horror
Silent Hill 1-3, Resident Evil 1-3, Call of Cthulhu, Penumbra, Amnesia, Soma, Fatal Frame
>Action
DMC3, God Hand, MGR, Dark Messiah, Yakuza, GTA, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank
>Shooters
FEAR, Dead Space 1 and 2, Metro 2033, System Shock 2, Resident Evil 4, Serious Sam
>Stealth
Thief 1-2, MGS, Hitman, Sly Cooper
>Exploration/mindfuck/puzzle
The Talos Principle, Antichamber, Yume Nikki, Portal, LSD: dream emulator, Catherine
>Visual Novel type games
Ace Attorney, Danganronpa, 999 and VLR
>Strategy/simulation
Civilization, Any Paradox games, Total War, XCOM 2012, Mount and Blade, Dwarf Fortress
>Roguelikes
FTL, Binding of Isaac, Risk of Rain, Crypt of the Necrodancer
>Platformers
2D Mario, Oddworld games, Heart of Darkness, 2D Donkey Kong, Psychonauts, Ape Escape, Little Big Planet

So if you like any of these games and want to recommend a similar one please post it. I'm down to try anything, and if it's not listed here there's a good chance I haven't played it.

In the meantime, have a guide dump.

>Fallout1&2 in mid
who the fuck destroyed that list

Shitty list. Fallout 1/2 and Deus Ex in mid with fucking Icewind Dale and ToEE higher? Kek

Yeah, I definitely don't agree with that, but I didn't even see it.

Better, but Torchlight 2, New Vegas, Divine Divinity, and Grimrock 1/2 should be higher (Grimrock 2 is god tier, 1: high).

The list also needs to be updated with Divinity OS and Dragonfall in god tier, with Shadowrun Hong Kong in high tier.

was Dragonfall really that good?

Yeah. Best game narrative since planescape imo. The battle system isn't as good as Divinity OS (what is!?), but it's still well done tb combat

>tfw no alpha protocol sequel
>tfw no jade empire sequel
>tfw both of these games should have been the beginnings of long, awesome series
;_;7

>implying Persona is good

Anyways, the Mother series (2 and 3 mostly) and La-Mulana are my inital picks. I'll also shill for the first Devil Survivor game as well, shit's a great SRPG.

I'm easily entertained. Anyways Persona 3 I felt was actually pretty decent, but I'm not crazy about Persona 4.

>no super metroid

invalid list

>>Horror
>Silent Hill 1-3, Resident Evil 1-3, Call of Cthulhu,
Resident Evil: Remake.
Seriously, it's pretty much its own thing, and one of the greatest survival-horror titles, ever.

Also add Condemned: Criminal Origins there.