Kicking a ball underwater is NOT possible!

Kicking a ball underwater is NOT possible!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AF8Ww4G7QZI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZaMX0Cs5Bc4
youtube.com/watch?v=OBtNYiSzZG4
youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o
youtube.com/watch?v=I-QmZpLWjHc
gamerescape.com/2016/06/17/could-blitzball-come-to-ffxiv/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never mind that they should have drowned about 1 to 2 minutes in the game, at most.

I swear, every Blitzball player has to be a distant descendant of Guybrush Threepwood or something.

It's obviously heavily weighted, I mean you can hit it off of other players and they get hurt

The sphere is made of pyreflies drawn their by the machina machine you see filling it up or something. Basically it allows them to breathe underwater for extended amounts of time. But yeah the physics are BS.

Why would a fantasy world abide by our laws?

al bhed lies everyone

Neither is most of the shit in a Final Fantasy game. What's your point?

>Fantasy game
>Literally has fantasy in the title
How many flying whales do you see daily? How many girls you know can summon big creatures?

better dead than al bhed

Tidus' mom shouldn't have shown up in the Farplanes.

Fans try to put their own theory as fact, but when boiled down, it just doesn't make sense.

I stopped caring about the game's plot and lore when immediately Sin destroys a village the game itself cared more about fucking Blitzball. So if you want to kick a ball underwater, go on, I don't care if the game itself doesn't care.

I'd fuck rikku though.

>How many girls you know can summon big creatures?

...is nobody going to touch that!?

The pyreflies react to the thoughts of the living. Lulu tells Tidus there is no way of knowing if you're actually talking to the dead or just an image of them.

The pyreflies are from the sent dead and fiends.

>The pyreflies react to the thoughts of the living
That's the fan theory.
If that were true then Jecht could have shown up.

What about the water in the ruins?

It was actually Rikku, oops. And Jecht wasn't dead.

>thoughts of the living
They don't. Jecht would have shown up for sure if that were true, dead or alive.

Nigga, what do you think this thread just said in the beginning?

Dream people aren't dead in the first place

>dead person
Now you're just looking for loopholes where there are none.
They're living.

Um no. Pyreflies and Tidus's mom showing up just doesn't make sense.

FFX fanboys are the worse in the FF series.

Tidus's mom was never alive.

>they use fucking magic and summon demigods
>complain about kicking a ball underwater

>>dead person
What are you even talking about now?

I said dead or alive, I never said he was actually dead.

Isn't using machina sacrilegious?

When Yuna performs a sending it physically weakens Auron. Tidus is unresponsive so in a way he's a part of the living through Yu Yevon's summoning.
Only a dead person that was sent, or made it to the farplane, appear in the farplane. Jecht is neither.
Shut down some more.

He' right though. If it were the thoughts of the living, a lit of people who weren' actually dead would show up.

these threads are always stupid since 90% of the replies are just "there's magic and dragons but you complain about X and Y" without fail
anyway didn't scientists come up with some kind of liquid you could breathe? we're probably not dealing with normal water either. I think of it as a mix of regular water and a liquid lighter than water, or regular water and a denser liquid, so anything in the middle just floats in-between without sinking/rising

Your daughter summoned my dick last night.

And a giant fucking monster that destroy everything is?

>Only a dead person that was sent, or made it to the farplane, appear in the farplane. Jecht is neither.
Tidus's mom did neither.

Tidus is alive and real while being summoned.

even dead he'd be "real" in the farplane as would be his Mom, because she's still being summoned.

the people of Fake Zanderkand and Zanderkand itself is real, its really out their in the ocean.

I was going to post this word for word.

i'll kick your ball(s) underwater

its heavily implied that some sort of magic or tech is used to breath underwater in this setting.

Play the game and stop parroting shit you've read on Cred Forums.

How can a dream accept death?

>all that spelling error
Too early in the morning for me.

I did. Tidus's mom did neither.

the entirety of FFX is a philosophical case of what being "real" even means, and even being "not real" doesn't matter, once you've touched the lives of others.

also the games unsaid chapters are the Steps to accepting one's death.

There is an exception made for blitzball since it's not being used to wage war.

because all the summoned people were real enough to die and have their own soul.

if you didn't grasp this concept you failed to see the most important themes of the game.

if this theme doesn't stir something in your heart, you either never played this game, or you are a fucking monster.

youtube.com/watch?v=AF8Ww4G7QZI

That did not answer my question.

How do you?

I don't.

>Tidus is the most complicated and developed Final Fantasy protag, followed by Zidane.

its weird, the two "cheery" protags in the series, are the most emotionally complex.

Zidane's still the best, you get to play as the boy wearing the facade of the Dashing Rogue, but deep down he's the greatest Killing Machine/Power House in the series.

its good he was raised to be a thief/actor, otherwise who knows, all that power, hidden away.

The dreams of the dead are manifested by the living, hence the Pyre Flies. The problem the dead are having is, they want to finally move on and rest, but they can't because they're being used for an endless cycle of battling sin.

What do we have here?
Some heathen who doesn't believe in the miracles of Yevon?

It's usually the most cheerful people that are the saddest. They don't want people to see how fucked up they really are because they don't want to burden others with their problems.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZaMX0Cs5Bc4

Is this before or after she saw Seymour's dad pop right out of the Farplane?

Before

Oh, now I see there's a problem in this pyreflies stuff

What the shit, are you going to answer my question?

How can a dream accept death?

the dream can think and feel

I think some dialogue from one of the Besaid Aurochs at the start of the game (when Tidus first arrives to Besaid) sort of says that Blitz players just train to hold their breath for a long time. Which is bullshit, but it's all they got.

I did, i'm sorry you're brain is too small to understand.

In Eternal Calm Yuna learns to breath underwater for a few minutes and describes it as a learned skill.

Tidus' death has to be the funniest thing to come out of FFX

You did not.

How does a dream accept death?

youtube.com/watch?v=OBtNYiSzZG4

just let it happen.

When you say dreams of the dead, are you referring to the dreams of the fayth?

You really didn't though.

tidus' mom isn't a dream. she's an aeon.

The entire city is an aeon.

the themes of FF9 were truly beautiful, and not the song themes exactly, but the entirety of it, a story about dying and about living.

it was absolutely perfect, even has a happy ending and it still made me cry like a bitch.

Tidus' mom could show up because she was real to Tidus.

Shut up, you're not helping my cause.

i'm not trying to help your cause.

Wait that doesn't make sense.

>Tidus' mom isn't real and is from a dream
>She shows up
>Pyreflies only put out illusions of the dead
>Jyscal Guado shows up to give a sphere

Yeah, that's why I stopped arguing. That part got me.

couldn't it just have been Shuyin's mom? Since Tidus looked like Shuyin I'd assume his parents looked the same too.

I don't have children but you sound like a child

And he just owned your ass and also your daughter's

I can't believe Square Enix was stupid enough to publish that fucking war crime. I hated FFX and I still consider the book an insult to the series.

Stop with the autism. Tidus' mom was alive. Pyreflies are just souls without form that react to the living. Jyscal was murdered by his son, Seymour.

>Tidus' mom was alive
She wasn't.

Dreams aren't alive unless they go to the physical world.

>Jyscal was murdered by his son, Seymour.
And I already knew that, no clue why you feel the need to remind me.

Then how was Tidus born? What has been going on in DZ for 1000 years?

Shuyin's mom was though.

>Then how was Tidus born?
Through the dreams of blitzball fans.

Still not a big creature

>Then how was Tidus born?
The fayths liked Shuyin that they dream of him.

So he was alive?

Tidus? Yeah.

All dream people were ALIVE, their existence was just dependent on the magical faith mumbo-jumbo sustaining them. Without it they cease to be. It would be like if all the carbon in our body only existed because a hamster was running on a wheel that kept that carbon powered. If the hamster stops running, the stuff that keeps our bodies together on an atomic level disappears and we're gone.

His mom wasn't alive?

Yeah.

>All dream people were ALIVE
They weren't.

How was she the mother of a living person?

>They weren't.
They were.

Dream mother of a dream son who became a real boy.

>who became a real boy.
He was a dream from start to finish, that's why he dissapears at the end.

Someone didn't get 100%

They weren't. Don't lie to people.

They were, don't lie about lying.

He was made real through a summoning.

just because something is made of pyerflies doesn't mean it's not alive. all the fiends you fight are made of pyerflies and they are alive, and when you kill them they turn back into pyreflies.

everyone in DZ was an aeon manifested by the people of zanarkand when they turned into fayth for Yu Yevon to make sin a thousand years ago. that is what the mural on Gagazet is, it is the fayth of all the people in old zanarkand.

The freaking WERE you damn ghost.

Oh you, now you're just copying like a kid.

They were always summoning him, along with the rest of dream Zanarkand.

I have always told myself that the mom on the Farplane is Shuyin's mom and Tidus, being a copy of him, has thoughts close enough to call her forth. It works for me.

The FLUX is strong today!

It sounds like you people strayed away from what you were really talking about.

Tidus's mom wasn't suppose to show up in the Farplane.
She was manifested through Tidus, but Tidus wasn't really real in the first place, just a copy of Shuyin.

the ENDING has you meet up with Jecht on the Farplane.

this means that all the Dream People got "real" deaths.

Shuyin died in Bevelle, before the summoning of DZ.

Tidus is still a copy of Shuyin, regardless of when he died.

A copy is still real.

When did they ever say it was water?
;)

Jecht was real, Tidus was real, Tidus' mom was not

Jecht was in the real world
Tidus was in the real world
Tidus' mom was not

Is Yuna the copy of Lenne?

he was a copy, but he wasn't shuyin. he was his own person with different thoughts and ideas. he is like a physical clone, but the mental development was different. there might be similarities but thats al there is

Fellas, calm down, your game is shit.

looks like autism on here

That only means that the dream people who went into the real world were made real, not all of DZ.

That doesn't change that his mom was real once. Clearly Shuyin's Jecht didn't get lost at sea either, so they lived different lives. That's why I said close enough.

I was first going to argue about how can one know that yellowish-white is the Farplane, but yeah, I guess that's the case, since Braska and Auron were there even though the Fayth talk about regathering Tidus' thoughts as though he had completely disappeared.

You know DZ was a real place right, it wasn't just in the fayth's imaginations.

It was a real place, but DZ was not a real place.

DZ is a real place. way out in the middle of the sea. DZ exists in the real world. just like Aeons exist in the real world when they are summoned.

Zanerkand was a real place.
Dream Zanerkand wasn't though.

>DK isn't real
Then why was Sin created?

Dream Zanderkand is in the real world too, far off the coast of Bevelle.

you do know this right?

see my post, DZ is a real place, just far off in the Ocean.

yes

yes it is.

yes it is, its being summoned into existence out in the sea past Bevelle's waters.

this was confirmed years ago.

How do you think Sin was able to get there if it didn't physically exist? Or Auron? And how were Jecht and Tidus able to end up in Spira?

Because Yu Yevon was a little bitch

Yes it was. It's way out in the ocean

>Japan in charge of storytelling

Apart of the DZ being real or not posts

>see my post, DZ is a real place, just far off in the Ocean.
Tidus' mom shouldn't have shown up still. She wasn't made real. Only the dream people that were still alive.

Isn't Tidus the 'corrupted' version of Shuyin because of how long and distorted the Aeon dream became?

>She wasn't made real. Only the dream people that were still alive.
They were all as alive as each other, what do you mean "made real"?

Right when you arrive at Besaid, when you talk to the Aurochs, they comment on your ability to be able to SLEEP underwater, and that only wakka can do it.
so it must be pretty common for blitzball players

Yea but we see blitzballs floating in multiple cutscenes.

Dream Zanarkand was made by the fayths.

Yes it was, what's your point?

Fayth no more

She wasn't real. She was made by the fayths who also made Dream Zanarkand and Tidus.

DZ and Tidus was summoned into the real world, she wasn't.

It's totally possible, but would require the ball to be about as dense as a bowling ball, which depending on your perspective either makes this even more nonsensical or makes Wakka the most terrifying motherfucker in FF history.

>DZ and Tidus was summoned into the real world
But she was in DZ, she was summoned too.

everyone on DZ was "summoned" into reality, they were all real, and when they die they all go to the farplane as much as a real person does.

they are summoned into existence, but they are still real enough to have their own soul.

>But she was in DZ
She wasn't. She was dead in the dream.

You mean how they stop dreaming in the end? That happens after Tidus' mom had lived and died.

She was already dead when DZ was summoned.

>giving a shit about non-vidya related products
>in a ff
Pretty sure they release these just to milk the remaining buzz in order to bury story to reveal a next FF

What are you talking about? Tidus had a mother in DZ, she died later.

except the HD Remaster literally has an audio thing that talks about the aftermath of this fucking novella, narrated by some girl claiming to be Auron's daughter

they literally reset all of FFX's progression and everything that had happened to essentially set up another potential sequel if they ever come back to it

DZ was summoned a thousand years ago.

when you see Tidus, its now, Tidus doesn't time travel.

Actually she never traveled to the real world

dream zanderkand is in the real world.

Dream Zanarkand, yes, but not the inhabitants or her.

>DZ is in the real world
>But the people in DZ aren't in the real world
How the fuck does that work?

>Auron's daughter
this is literally impossible, and it makes me really angry.

yes they are, there is no "other world" its just the real world.

he had a daughter before he died, probably before he joined up with braska and he didn't know it

>dreams aren't real

Come on dude, the game is 10 years old, you should know it by know.

See your aeons? they're real right? they do crazy magic and hit?
that's because they're summoned, They come from the state of the pretty lights to a physical form.

that's the exact same thing for Dream zanarkand AND its inhabitants, including Tidus.
Remember the giant mural at the top of gagazet? that's the dudes set in stone that make a giant continous summoning, which is dream zanarkand.
>why is mum dead?
because she accepted her death 1000 years ago, before the war with bevelle, DZ is a dream, but death exists, if the dream consider her to be dead, she won't be summoned again

the explanation is that the ball is magical

Thats what she said.

Like every FF game, the game's world is full of literal superhumans.

The city was an aeon, Tidus and Jecht became more than just a dream.

They were just dreams who were left to be dreams.

They fucking well were you deadcunt

They weren't, they were just dreams. Calm down.

they and Zanderkand exist in real time in a real place off the coast.

all of them, not just Jecht or Tidus, lest you forget, Jecht wasn't chosen for anything, he drifted off the coast and came upon Bevelle.

>just dreams
in a world where dreams can still roam the land by sheer force of will.
let's not forget the world of spira is basically purgatory and the difference between the living and the dead is a set of stairs

Tidus and Jecht just ended up leaving DZ at some point, they didn't become more real somehow, they just went from part of the world to another.

Seriously, what the fuck are you guys talking about?

Tidus' mom was never in the real world. DZ was though.

Were the aeons not alive?

This is like 10x better than the time-traveling meme.

They were made real by summoning.

What the fuck are YOU talking about? DZ was in the real world. Tidus' mom was in DZ. How was she not in the real world?

Is FFX the deepest FF?

She never came to the real world along Dream Zanarkand.

Tidus' mom didn't die 1000 years ago. She could've died while he was growing up. They never show her during the present, except in the farplane. Everything else is flashbacks.

DZ exists in the present, it's just tucked away from the real world in a discreet location.

Exactly, so why would DZ be any different?

DZ isn't different. Tidus' mom was.

She was in DZ, which was in the real world, therefore she was in the real world.

Pretty sure she was just holding her breath. She did it for like five and a half minutes, and she's an amateur. I'm sure blitzball players could go an hour if they wanted.
Also throughout the game plenty of people jump dozens of yards and do other crazy shit, so yeah, superhuman.

Why? The people of DZ were being summoned along with the city itself, that's why Tidus dissapears, because they stopped summoning.

Look according to the wikia, it was possible for her to be in the Farplanes.

You know, blitzball is a pretty hardcore sport if you think about it. The people who play it have to be superhuman

DZ is in the real world, and human beings can't get to it. It's never directly stated if DZ exists as a visible, physical structure in the real world, if there is some kind of portal/line in the ocean, or if it's blanketed by some sort of magic. Regardless, human beings can't reach it, because Sin is programmed to facefuck anything that comes within x miles. Sometimes, though, something can slip out, like Jecht.

She was not in DZ when it came to the real world.

they can't get to it because Sin protects it.

>wikia
Please stop.

>unless they go to the physical world

All of Dream Zanarkand is in the physical world, just as all the aeons are in the physical world when they're summoned. Sin's purpose is to keep anyone from Spira from physically approaching Dream Zanarkand, which is located beyond Baaj Temple

she died 5 or 6 years ago.

DZ was spawned 1,000 years ago.

Try critically thinking. Pyreflies are the phenomenon. Jecht doesn't have to show up in either scenario and both can be true at the same time. I won't spell it out any further for you.

That's what I just said.
I was just saying that it could either exist in the real world or be connected to it by some sort of magic, because they never really clarify.

Then where was she? Was she a figment of Tidus' imagination? Jecht somehow had a son all by himself?

They were dreamed up by the Fayths.

Dream Zanarkand existed for 1000 years, Jecht dreamsexed his dreamwife and she gave dreambirth to his dreambaby.

>Pyreflies explains it all
Nice one

And where were they if not in DZ?

Its source is the Ultimania which says
>It (Dream Zanarkand) is located somewhere near Baaj Temple but cannot be easily accessed by anyone living in Spira and its whereabouts are only known by Sin.

Look, I've been at this for 4 hours. I'll be the bigger man and leave with my dignity still intact. Enjoy being wrong.

The Fayths were dreaming of them and then they became real. They weren't always real.

You know I've always wondered how that worked
Is every person in DZ summoned individually? If so how can someone be born without adding in a new fayth? Is it just always the same people, and DZ just resets after a certain amount of time?

You should probaby read what you type before sending.

Elevators and civilian cars aren't war machines either.

The exception is blitzball because the church sees it as a means to provide a bit of relaxation without being too empowering for the populace. Basically, they want them so busy working that they don't have the energy to question the bullshit, and so busy praying that people aren't allowed to question the bullshit. Anything that interferes with that is haram.

>The Fayths were dreaming of them and then they became real. They weren't always real.
Where did you get that from? And at what point did they become real?

The wikia also says
>It is enigmatic that Tidus's mother would appear at the Farplane, as she was a dream of the fayth who never traveled to the real world like her husband and son. One possible explanation is that the fayth, along with the pyreflies that inhabit the Farplane are able to conjure up memories of both dreams and real people.

he's kinda right. pyreflies do alot of shit in FFX, and they are a big part of it, but there is still something that was never given that linked everything together. all the fiends you fight are made of pyerflies, pyerflies make up the main villan, pyerflies make up the protagonist, pyerflies are the main big force in FFX

DZ is just a timeless place. the occasional fiend showed up, (which was supposedly a huge deal) but nothing ever really happend except for blitzball tournaments. it mirrors the rest of spira, where it is all in an eternal stasis as long as Yu Yevon is still making Sin

>I've been at this for four hours
L M A O
M
A
O

Tidus being a clone of Shuyin.

>Game tries to build up big bad as a natural part of the life cycle of the world
>Big bad doesn't actually contribute anything to the life cycle and is just a big stupid monster that kills everything indiscriminately with no moderation or reason

>who never traveled to the real world
Well someone fucked up because the same wikia said that DZ is in the real world.

You're just an idiot.

Bro you can kick anything that's underwater.

DZ was in the real world, Tidus' mom wasn't.

What the fuck is Square thinking leaving that and the audio drama as canon? Does the draft for a possible X-3's plot going to revolve around Tidus getting cucked? Because it sure seems that way from these two abominations.

Jesus christ the game looks so much better in the HD version at 4K. It's crazy how big of a difference there is.

blitzball seemed so fun until you had played it for 20+ hours and you realized you had been bored the hwole time

How does that make him not real?

I've never said he wasn't real. He became real by becoming more than just a dream.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend, but I'm just scrolling through the thread and it's hilarious.
>Tidus isn't real
>yes he is
>no stop lying
>he is real but his mom isn't
>no
>yes
>no

This thread is going in circles, we've been over this. DZ is in the real world. Tidus' mom was in DZ. Connect the dots.

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o

Why are you assuming that's Tidus' mom? The first logical assumption you should make is that it's the person she's based off of.

FFX fans, everybody!

>He became real
Which implies that at some point he wasn't real. He dissapears at the end when the fayth stop dreaming so he didn't become more than just a dream as you say.

>Kicking a ball underwater is NOT possible!
yes it is retard.

meant for

What are you guys talking about? How is this even something you can debate? Tidus came from DREAM Zanarkand. A DREAM. DREAMS AREN'T REAL.

He went to the real world. That's becoming more than just a dream.

Sure it's possible to kick a ball underwater. It would just look awkward and it wouldn't go far.

>0 (zero) mentions of drownball
shit thread

He was already in it, he didn't go anywhere

If he had a physical form, that's becoming more than just a dream.

but still, going with my original side, Tidus' mom was still able to be in the Farplanes, because she was in DZ

He was a dream before he was in it. Which is why he looks like Shuyin.

why is naruto fighting murlocs?

>He went to the real world
DZ was in the real world, and how could he be more than a dream if he vanished when the dreaming stopped?

Does DZ reset everytime Sin is reborn?
Or can people be born and die there in equal numbers so as to keep the fayth in balance?
Yevon was confirmed a shit programmer in game, but how does DZ's lifecycle work? Is it tied to Sin or does the huge fayth in Gagazet have the power to create their own pocket timeline?

Fayth dreams turned real.

Dream Zanarkand does exist in Spira in the ocean, the opening sequence with Zanarkand was not a dream but something that actually happened in Spira.

Why nobody heard/saw it? Too much fear for Sin attacking so most of the ocean is left unexplored.

I don't see it as funny. I'm trying to correct idiots.

Yeah, I'm a fan, so what?

It's called Dream Zanarkand because it is being summoned by the dream of the fayth, it is just as real as anything else the fayth summon like the aeons.

You need to relax. Tidus's mom showing up in the Farplane just doesn't make sense.

>He was a dream before he was in it.
Dream Zanarkand is in the real world for fuck's sake. Anyone in it weren't imaginations they were real.

Mod Laugh its the best mod ever

Dream Zanarkand was a dream.

Only homosexes would turn down Rikku

A dream of the fayth, which being fayth they were summoning into the real world. It's just as real as Valefor, Ifrit, Shiva etc.

Well, Dream Zanarkand was a dream by the fayths.

hahahah omfg dude
yes
yes it was a dream
but it also had a physical form
just like the aeons which are also dreams
jfc man cmon

He was a dream in Dream Zanarkand, which became more than just a dream.

Yeah, see

See

theres no way youre not trolling at this point heres another (you) cause i got a laugh out of it

He was a dream in Dream Zanarkand though.

Well, he actually did become more than just a dream in FFX-2, but still these idiots are grabbing at straws.

To add to this: When Jecht drove the Sin-mobile with his co-pilot (Auron's booze) and destroyed DZ, did it just get resummoned by the Gagazet fayth or did they just keep summoning a bunch of rubble and corpses. Seriously, I want answers.

Yeah, Tidus was a dream by the fayths and he became real, what's your point?

we don't know man. most of this thread is using knowlage we kind of know, and the rest is inference

what your asking is straight up things that were never covered. all we know is that the fayth on gagazet is the fayth for DZ, Yu Yevon steals the final aeon to make the new Sin and powers it up with pyerflies while it gestates, and DZ is just in a timeless state.

maybe DZ is on a continuous soft reset cycle and the new people being born are people that are just amalgamations of people that were in DZ until there is enough room for them to be born again. maybe Gagazet fayth is pulling extra pyerflies to make new people for the dream and DZ is an actual living society with just new people being added to the dream over time.

we just don't know and we could theory craft of days about it

>and he became real

He was ALWAYS real.

it probably rebuilt ieself to resemble the original version. it's summoning is just like the normal aeons you see in game. they get nuked, sliced and shot, they die, but when you summon them again they are just fine

So, you're just going around in circles now?

He was a dream, and he looked like Shuyin, and then he became real.

He wasn't always real, he was dreamed up by the Fayths.

Do you people really think he was born looking like Shuyin?

>So, you're just going around in circles now?
Well if you're going to keep saying the same thing then yeah, when did he become real?

Hows the vita port for x and x2

>he was dreamed up by the Fayths.
And was summoned into reality like the aeons.

I actually lost track, are you guys saying Tidus wasn't real or he was real?

Because he was a dream and then he turned real.

when he felt love for the first time

youre being baited

After Shuyin was gone.

>mfw this entire thread
round and round we go boys

>then he turned real.
When?

>tfw this thread became just like spira

>Look, I've been at this for 4 hours.
>I'll be the bigger man
>my dignity still intact.
Ok then.

So about 1000 years ago when DZ came to be. Then how come Tidus' mom was never real, but he was the whole time, what's the difference.

>this fucking thread

i guess it's only fitting that there's no telling where the shitposting ends or begins

you guys somehow found a way to make this game more fucking convoluted than chrono cross, holy shit

He turned real after leaving dream Zanarkand, when he became more than a dream

She was never real, because she never left Dream Zanarkand.

If Tidus was just a dream during his time in dream Zanarkand, how come his mom gave birth to him? Can dreams create more dreams?

>when he became more than a dream
You keep saying this, when was this established? How could he be said to have become more than a dream when he vanishes after the fayth stop dreaming?

It's because Tidus' mom was real, she was never in dream Zanarkand

because they didnt let their dreams be dreams, user
youll get to the point where others would quit but you wont stop there

Someone didn't get 100%

Dream Zanarkand is a real place in the world, there's no reason to think leaving it would somehow make you more real.

Well, he was a dream in dream Zanarkand, but then he got out and went to real Zanarkand, so he became more than a dream by going to the real Zanarkand.

The ending of X-2 happens way after he left DZ. Also that ending happens because the fayth bring him back into existence, they didn't make him more real than he was before.

Your dreams will never be real, user. Quit fighting.

What did he mean by this?

>so he became more than a dream by going to the real Zanarkand.
Why? They're both physical places, he didn't come from an imaginary world, he went from one place in the world to another.

tell that to this guy

If I figure out how to become a fayth they will.

No, I'm telling it to you, user.

Because one is just a dream, but tidus left the dream and became real.
Like how you dream in your bed. It's a real place. You're dreaming there. But the dream isn't real. Then you wake up. You're in the same place, but now you aren't dream-you.

The user that that user mentioned requires that more than he does.

i was never arguing that dreams could become real?

Dreams are real, and so is Tidus. Even if my dreams aren't real, I can make them real, like Tidus.

Yeah, well, I'm telling it to him.

He wasn't in the fayth's heads, they dreamed and what they dreamed was summoned into the real world.

Tidus is a video game character.

Someone didn't even play the game.

in the case of ffx
dreams are SUMMONED and TAKE SHAPE IN THE PHYSICAL WORLD
there are only "real" for as long as the fayth dreams about them
tidus, DZ, the summons left in spira, and anything else the fayth were dreaming of disappeared at the end of the game when THEY wake up
DZ was a "real" place in the real world just like tidus was
they were SUMMONED
get it?

They didn't dream him, he came from Tidus' mom.

Is the book where he crashes a ship getting frisky with Yuna and then gets his head blown off by a bomb from nowhere canon?

He did come from his mom but they were both dreams of the fayth.

What happened then?

He became more than just a dream

Goddamn, how am I still finding this funny

I didnt read the FFX afterstory but is it true Yuna cucks Tidus?

All life on Spira has gills

He was being summoned into existence by the fayth just like before, if the fayth stopped for some reason he would vanish again.

because this basically is Cred Forums's version of i accidentally the whole thing

You're right OP. Sea monsters interrupting a sporting event and people breathing under water is real though.

no. the vast majority of FFX-2 is about finding him so Yunie can stop cockblocking Rikku

>I decide to stop responding to dumbasses
>I get mocked
Yeah, sure. Anyway this conversation turned to something dumber and I'm glad I stopped participating.

He was real by being summoned along DZ

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=I-QmZpLWjHc

>3/4 of a rare FFX thread got MEMED.com into oblivion
>when we could have had a nice thread about it instead
>mfw

I can't tell if this is bait.

He wasn't real until he left dream Zanarkand though

Meant to quote this one

user this entire thread is bait

This entire thread is a bait factory.

>le bait
No, I was being serious.

That wasn't even said in the game.

He becomes more than just a dream when he gets to spira. What don't you understand?

It was heavily implied when there was that flash of light when he first met Sin. Also, Yoshinori Kitase confirmed it in an interview with some game magazine a while ago, that he became real when he left the dream.

No one can become more than just a dream just by travelling one place to another.

So according to you so far he became real after Shuyin was gone, then somehow more real when he left DZ, then he became even realer than more real than real at the end of X-2. But despite being more than more than more than just a dream he was still a dream of the fayth being summoned into existence just like before so he was reality cubed but could also still vanish if the dream ended.

Nobody is saying he became more than just a dream.

then why does he disappear when the fayth stop dreaming
in x-2 they agree to dream of him again in the farplane which is the only time he becomes "more than a dream"

Read the thread again.

Actually, that's where you're wrong. If the dream ends, he becomes more than just a dream. So he becomes real.

Yes. This is what I've been trying to tell you guys.

I still can't tell if these are bait or not.

The dream ended at the end of FFX so apparently becoming real means starting to dissapear.

Yu Yevon repaired it after the attack.

yeah like
the whoooooole thing
lol

I thought that after he disappeared he became less than just a dream? So if they dream of him in the farplane when he's gone, how can he be more than a dream? He's less than a dream at that point.

I was saying it.

He becomes more than just a dream, and then he becomes less than real.

All I see are people talking about football underwater and wanting to fuck Ricky from Final FunTasty 10

hes still a dream
i just meant that its the only time he comes back to spira
thats why i put the quotations
hes just the only dream thats left

Maybe they dreamed harder so if he was 100% dream, then became less, but then became even more than before so he was like 150% dream. That would make him more than just a dream.

It was shuyins mum.

>Lulu picks Wakka over Tidus.

I mean, lose/lose, but still.

they stopped giving up and he became real

>I'm glad I stopped participating.

>
>He was real by being summoned along DZ

This has to be bait though.

Shuyin's mum wasn't a dream.

Shuyin didn't have a mum, Shuyin was a dream summoned by the Fayth. Did you even read the thread?

Tidus was the dream, Shuyin was from real Zanarkand.

Yeah but Wakka looks good in a wife beater.
Can you say the same of Tidus?

No. She was so much more than that. She was more than a dream.

Dream Zanarkand was REAL though

Wakka was the right choice since he was more than just a dream.

Does Wakka really look good in anything? Unless you find a top hat spanning two feet straight in the air.

No. The "more than a dream" people are the shitposters, I'm the one trying to correct them

Shuyin was a clone of Tidus dreamed by the Fayth. You see him in x-2, which is AFTER the events of x, so Shuyin is obviously the clone.

I think it's ENTIRELY POSSIBLE for a Blitzball game to happen in real life

However, it would cost at least $10,000,000 to build a stadium that can hold a dome that can hold that much water.

Big fucking risk for a sport that might not even take off.

Stop trying to stop people from becoming more than a dream, dream-stopper.

Yeah, they both were, real Zanarkand came before and then there was Dream Zanarkand.

How do you create a giant killer robot and then forget to put in a targeting system?

Give him a shirt with popped collars.
You know like Brotag from P4

This is just getting ridiculous. They were all real, EVEN the ones in real Zanarkand.

>This fucking thread.

Shuyin was a ghost.

Completed 1/3 of the game upon release in my younger years. Had to stop. Couldn't bear the voice acting.Picked up a copy for ps2 a couple weeks ago and this shit makes me cringe even more now. Square was ambitious for a more cinematheque approach, but the combination of laughable voice acting, wonky writing, and super awful character animations has sucked any emotional impact out of this titles plot. I have nostalgia goggle for 7 and 9 certainly, but 10 is such a joke despite pretty stellar battle mechanics.

And then it became more than just a dream.

Probably part of the same thought process that lead to ehm making the controls some sort of holographic piano.

Wtf ghosts aren't real. But dreams are. So it's obvious what he was. He was a dream. But since he came from Tidus, who became more than a dream, does that mean Shuyin became more than a dream as well?

Tidus is just as REAL as Shuyin, because DZ became real.

It's just one guy who was too stupid to follow the story and then a bunch of shitposters coming in.

Cinematic*

I don't want to play or watch blitzball in real life

However

I want to play a blitzball-focused game.

Square Enix could literally make an entire game out of Blitzball and enter the E-Sports Scene. Why won't they listen.

Tidus was a real dream based on a dead man who then became a ghost.

And then he became more than a ghost.

Tidus was more than just a ghost.

>Blitzball Multiplayer game

I could see that taking off.

Market it to the sports faggots that don't know any better.

Don't even have the word "Final Fantasy" be in the title

Just call it something like

Blitzball 2018: Al Bhed League

Watch the normies flood in and the game sell millions

He was always real.

Seriously, stop it. This will just be idiots following idiots.

Tidus was always real.

They should throw Blitzball into FFXIV. The mini-games are already better than the game itself, anyway.
Either have FC based teams or let your character manage/name a team.

>Al Bhed

Yeah, he possessed someone 1000 years later so they could play the glowing piano on a giant world destroying robot because he was mad about losing his girlfirend.

Why did he have to possess someone? Auron was a ghost, and he didn't.

>They should throw Blitzball into FFXIV

You act like you're the only person that has made this suggestion ever

Naoki Yoshida was directly asked earlier this year about it

gamerescape.com/2016/06/17/could-blitzball-come-to-ffxiv/

We know that Final Fantasy X has some sort of role in FF14's water-themed expansion.

Did I? Where did I say anything like "Hey guys look at this totally awesome and completely idea I have."
All I said was that FFXIV has good minigames, and blitzball would fit in fine.

FFX-3 was real.

completely original**

i still never really understand the story.

if the guy in x-2 who looked like tidus is the real tidus, and tidus in x had a life, like he has his father jecht, and they went on a journey with real people like auron and braska, how could tidus be a dream? was his whole life a lie and for what?

Shuyin wasn't stable and should have turned into a fiend by now, but he was somehow held together because he was constantly pissed off, but he still was in such a state that he had to possess people to get anything done, like activating Vegnagun.

They're literally holding their breath. It's just that.
>heavily implied
My ass. Yuna even mentions practicing holding her breath in the game.

>if the guy in x-2 who looked like tidus is the real tidus
Shuyin =/= Tidus.

Why he was he so much more angry than anyone else that had ever died? Apparently in all these years there hasn't been anyone else who got really mad about being killed.

Yeah, she was real, like Tidus.

All this shitposting is ridiculous.

You're not fooling anyone, Spoony. Your career is a bomb

Is Yuna going nuclear in FFX-3?