Calling all poorfags. What's it like being a gamer when you don't have much money?

Calling all poorfags. What's it like being a gamer when you don't have much money?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Generic-Easycap-Adapter-Capture-Support/dp/B00FILKNBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472058440&sr=8-1&keywords=EasyCap DC60++
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>buying physical copies
>trying to finish and return in 48 hours for full refund
>lots of trading things in
>100+ hour games actually seem appealing

>Be Mexican
>Own PC (GTX 1080), PS4, Wii U and Vita
>only play ps1 games on Vita

Modern games fucking sucks

>buying a GTX 1080
>poorfag
Did you steal it or get it as a gift or something?

Bought in USA, it's cheaper there

I dunno, man. Still pretty expensive.

Buy cheap PC hardware.
Know what you really want.
Learn how to spend money.
Pirate Everygame you can.
Or ERP lonely rich anime avatar steam users so they can sugar daddy you

>Pirating
>Marathoning a Redbox rental
>Games I truly support I buy if it's less than $10
Could be worse

>spoiler
I bet you still think you're straight.

And you think whores are whores because they choose?

You tryna say you're not a slut?

No

Not Online Slut and poor means no games.

Being online slut and poor means lots of games and ego reaching the stars. Though it will be troublesome to find a way to upgrade my PC so soon.

>get a small school scholarship to cover community college tuition and books
>find pdfs of textbooks online instead
>buy a new gtx 680 and fx 8350 with the leftover money
>build a pc with other scrapped parts from the local recycle center
>put thousands of hours into dota 2 and warband
>same rig still runs overwatch on high all these years later
plus I got a part time job so if I really wanted to splurge on a new 1080 I could, that'd leave no money to support my disabled mom though

ive played ps2 games

my ps3 is broken and i wont buy a ps4 because of both of my money and low motivation

ps2 games are cheap and still playable. ive quite enjoyed it now

>my disabled mom
Story time, user.

dad pussied out before I was born, our car was rear ended by a drunk speeding utility truck when I was

Fuck, man. You had it rough.

I'm sorry to hear that, user.

so I started doing online stuff at 12 (grew up on newgrounds so I assimilated flash skills and flash was still all the rage back then), enrolled in some community college courses at 14, used those credits to get a highschool diploma and AA at the same time
I took light course loads so I could work part time at a real job once freelancing dried up
just transferred to a Uni
today was supposed to be my first day but apparently it's not till thursday so I'm sitting at taco bell waiting for my train and telling my life story to anons on a lithuanian cave painting board

I means I go hungry a lot to afford one game every once in a while.

How old are you?

I beg mommy for money

I've seen this image on here for years. I've always wondered, is there any kind of context behind it?

22, it took a while to get those credits

needed something for work/school/gaming. saved up $800 over a year or so for a laptop with a 960m. plays anything i want to play, runs overwatch at 60+fps on highish settings. feels good

I buy keys for cheap. I haven't any more than $40 for a brand new game in ages.

>qBit's search engine
>cheap, often refurbished graphic cards
>i5s
>refurbished power supplies
>refurbished surveillance hard drives
>poor people food (potato, chicken, eggs, chili)
>live in the past and present
>ride a bike or jog instead of public transport
>live with honest and healthy roommates

It's have no problems being poor, just maintaining a cheap diet to monitor your expenses and your health can save you tons of money.

>being able to spend 40$ for a new game

You just wait longer or enjoy older games. That's about it I guess.

this

You still love the hobby, but have to keep playing older games and slowly you're dying inside as you feel your most loved hobby is getting further and further away from your reach.

Poorfag for sure, but even if I could play a game at full graphics with 666 FPS, I'd still play in specific graphical quality, for personal and convenient reasons.

Blur, DoF, Bloom, Ambient Occlusion, and color filters?

Bull fucking horseshit I say.

Makes my eyes scream and ears go blind with rage with shitty graphics, especially if they are forced and can only be changed through file editing, which makes it even more retarded.

Might as well advertise about celestial hologram VR sim dragon dildos.

I've legitimately fooled dumb 12 year old bronies on TF2 into thinking I was a girl. It takes some time to get them to buy you games but it's worth it :^)

Motion blur and depth of field are objectively bad. I've never meant anyone who didn't disable these features.

-Buy unfitting clothes at the thrift shop
-Acquire computer and canned food reserves
-Yarr, we be off, matey!

Motion blur is good in racing games. Depth of field is worse but I don't mind it in cinematics or something.

Free gaems, free mods, replaying games.

Replaying through the Bioshock remastered right now.

Wish I could afford Xcom 2.

I have a 560, so such things tank my FPS, but they're really horseshit anyways. DoF and blur are meaningless on PC where texture definition and AA actually work.

Asceticism

>Gaming while not having a job or studying

Learn to prioritise you fucking losers

If you have a decent-ish pc you get into emulating as much as possible, plumb the hellish depths of f2p or haunt pawn/thrift shops/yard sales for whatever scraps you can get.

t. I am soon to become a poorfag.

>implying

Or you could just pirate like every other normal person.

I buy and play a bunch of 99 cent PS2 games comfy console, comfy games

>being poor for games in 2016
Just stream on Twitch the current game you have, ask for donations then buy the game you want and stream that. Rinse and repeat.

Sorry I'm not that pathetic

You're "dignity" builds these weird invisible walls that prevent you from getting more money. Mean while other people are asking for donations and Patreons and they don't even have to work a 9 to 5 job. Lose your dignity. It isn't worth having it.

>Just stream on Twitch the current game you have, ask for donations
no one will give you donations if youre a male

I'd rather suck dicks for money desu

wew lad
fuck you'are dad and Dog bless you and you'are mom

It is literally impossible to become successful in any sense if you weren't already successful by the age of 15.

is one of these good enough for streaming games or am i gonna just receive hate mail and letter bombs if i do it

amazon.com/Generic-Easycap-Adapter-Capture-Support/dp/B00FILKNBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472058440&sr=8-1&keywords=EasyCap DC60++

I can't explain it, but this picture is the definition of comfy to me.

Only if you're streaming from consoles. On PC you can use OBS for free.

you have to appreciate what you have and take advantage of bundles and sales
it does suck when new games come out and you can't afford them but when you DO finally get them it makes you appreciate it a little more
it also sucks when the game you saved up for months for ends up being a bad game
however older games tend to be very inexpensive and you have the advantage of being able to choose from tried and true classics that are sure to satisfy you with lots of information and videos to watch to see if the game is right for you
also if you emulate and pirate they are free but that is a moral quandary I leave to the individual

>not emulating the shit out of glory-years vidya

I'm not even a poorfag but I barely spend a dime on vidya when there's so much good old shit to play for free.

My PC is too shit to make for a decent enough framerate to stream, and the games I feel I'd be able to be interesting over (that I actually own) are all console games.

>I'm poor because I spent my childhood being a shut in playing games all day
>I'm a shut in who plays games all day because I wasted my childhood

I know it's escapism. I know it's not going to help me. I just want to play Persona 5 before what little money I have left runs out and I kill myself.

>Have PS2 and GBA
>Get £100 for christmas
>Buy used Optiplex GX280 for £70
>P4 HT 3GHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD
>Spent other £30 on an 8400GS 256MB
>Ran all newish games on minimum and new games won't run at all

Ran like a trooper for 5 years and only retired it because the motherboard died. I kinda miss it

>do literally nothing except play games on shut toaster from 14 to 20
>dad gives the ultimatum: job or homeless
>tell old friend from dota
>he hooks me up with a "service technician" job
>$30 an hour to tell old people how to restart their computers
>don't even have to leave the house and can game in the background
>within 2 months have enough dough for a decent used car and a comfy apartment
>been promoted twice and forced to attend teleconference meetings... but the benefits are tits
>dad hates the fact that I make more than him now

It's an eh feeling.

Just turned 16, huh?

Yeah well he threatened to dump you out on your ass so honestly fuck him m8

Yeah fuck the guy you freeloaded off of for 6 years while he slaved away. Getting a job is for losers. Fucking Cred Forums, never change.

His dad was did him a hige favor faggot.

>all my older siblings went ot college
>did fuckall but play San Andreas and Halo 2 multiplayer all through highschool
>Dad tells me I'm going to the marines when I turn 18
>ohshit.exe
>drops me off at the recruiter's offer
>turn around and go talk to the air force
>been in air force three years now
>mfw I now make more than any of them and have full medical and dental because they're unemployed because they pursued retarded degrees

Is this bait or do you genuinely think that 's dad was a dick instead of helping him out by kicking him in the ass?

I was paying for my PS4 during like 14 months. Two more payments still left.

I only own two physical games: Batman: Arkham Knight (the reason for buying the whole thing, i even wanted to pre-order the Batmobile Edition) and Injustice.

I hate tired gamers, i wish to be them.

Easy as fuck tbqh, just play rougelikes/lites/whatever autism defines them as
Virtually no system requirements, cheap as fuck, and good replayability for single player games.
Strategy games are generally easy on the requirements too and can be some of the biggest time values for the investment.

What are my chances/odds of getting donations if I'm a crossdresser with a masculine face? ;_;

playing last gen games on my ps3 and my toaster pc with an alright graphics card but can't run current games, gonna get a ps4 slim soon though.

In the constant search for new good games with low spec requirements and playing old stuff.
Being a poorfag made me discover a lot of old good shit, but it can be tiresome having a shitty pc and no consoles.
I still have a long list of games to play so I don't complain.