Dragons Dogma 2

How can this masterpiece be made even better in the sequel? if thats even possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SZNbabKjKpA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nigger are you serious? DD is great but there is ton of room for improvement.

It needs weather. I also want some survival mechanics and longer journeys, travelling to the farthest corners of the map was one of my favorite things in the main game.

This, the small map pained me for how fun exploring was

dragons dogma is great, just recently picked up the PC version and holy fuck does it look better than the 15fps slideshow ps3 version does

screenshots dont even do it justice, for some reason it just makes everything look way worse

post arisens anyway

You mean the shit tiny open world with nothing going on in it? The shit quests? The shit role playing with no choice and consequence system?

>griffith pawn gets rented way more than my shierke

ok.

>Berserk themed pawns

I'm surprised your shit gets rented at all.

Is this game the only one with satisfying giant swords?
>Arcs
>Moves that actually use the pommels and the body of the blade
>those impact pauses
literally muh dick.

>pirate game
>can still go online and rent pawns

thanks capcom!

it needs to scale better so you're not raped by bandits under lvl 20 and you don't rape the entire world after lvl 30

By not making a sequel.

Better map
Better fucking quests
Better story
Make ALL the classes fun, not just 2 or 3 of them
Have more dungeons in the Bitterblack style.

>Make ALL the classes fun, not just 2 or 3 of them

All of the classes are fun.

Its sad that they don't really hold up on Bitterblack Isle though. Not compared to any other class anyway.

But I guess that area is pretty much just for testing the limit of your character though. Otherwise, Warrior is still really fun to play in the main game.

More settlements, so the fucking world doesn't feel empty.

Less reliance on gear, more on skill.

Drop the stupid fantasy accents.

Make quests that aren't just "KILL 26 GOBLINS" or "KILL A CHIMERA OR THREE".

Exactly. I also think all classes are fun after spending time unlocking the higher tier skills. I think it's opinions anyways. Dragon's Dogma Online actually improved the classes quite a bit, so I'm just hoping for that to be localized to the west.

I do agree about map and story though.

Yeah I think so.

This. DD has a lot of quality of life improvement needs. If a Bethesda game is a very polished turd, then DD is a very rough diamond.

This is not true at all. Warrior with good jump attack and Exodus slash makes BBI a cakewalk. It's arguably one of the better classes against the BBI fire drakes when classes like Assassin struggle. Warrior with a good knockdown weapon using Whirlwind Slash is also the only class that is able to flip Minotaur enemies into the air even on hard. It trivializes that last map "forgotten city" with the 6-7 Minotaurs.

It's not very engaging for everyone, but it's very effective.

>Make quests that aren't just "KILL 26 GOBLINS" or "KILL A CHIMERA OR THREE".

There's literally dozens of them already in the game. Notice board quests are just there for free cash/exp.

There's the Berserk game.

Map was ok, people say it's shit because it's a single "biome" but the place is littered with secrets and vistas.

You're right about the minotaurs and fire drakes, but i remember getting fucked up by the last boss (second playthrough of BBI), and Death though, and not really being able to figure a way to kill them with warrior.

iirc there's a lot of quests, the notice board quests are just for the quest log to make dosh while you play.

A better intro song would be a start

youtu.be/SZNbabKjKpA

Death is simple with any class as long as you have 100% sleep resistance and play it safe.

Tedious, but simple.

Most of the main quests were kill quests too. Fuck, I think one even re-hashed the same dungeon too.

I'd kill even if it was just all bitterblack dungeons and shit those gave off such an amazing castlevania vibe I loved it

Pretty sure the only quest that required you to slay something was the Griffin Hunt, and even that was more complicated than just "lmao just kill it", considering the different kinds of things that can happen during that mission.

More villages.
Gransys having only two settlements feels a bit bare.

They could finish the game

>get caged fury
>use miasma on trash
>use gicel on death
RIP in peace death

This, the only thing the game needs is an actually populated world.

Less backtracking too.

An open world that's actually interesting to explore, and doesn't feel like a fucking chore travel in.
I'm not talking a bethesda style theme park ADHD wonderland, but just a better open world in general.
That's about it.

How about a roll or dodge? That's the only thing that messes up the flow of the combat

that theme is extremely catchy but I do agree that a better song would be nice. Kinda sucked that Capcom didn't bring back Into Free for the Dark Arisen version.

I just want a an updated remake with all the cut content

>Moon
What the fuck

You can get rolls and dodges. Just not as a mage. They want mages to be rooted when casting because they fuck shit up

They could improve pretty much everything. It's not a bad game by any means but it's pretty rough around the edges.

RIP in peace death
>RIP in peace
>Rest in peace in peace
WAT

Yellow classes get a dodge roll when using daggers. Red classes get shields or have enough defense to simply tank hits anyway. Blue can always jump out of casting and levitate for extra distance. Sprinting is an option for everyone.

Red classes get good defense later. Early on you get rekt by anything that connects unless you're a shield class.

every yellow class gets a dodge roll on daggers that replaces jump
red classes are expected to tank hits or block them
blue classes aren't expected to get hit and if they do they are expected to die

>stupid fantasy accents.

no.

Most of the red classes ARE shield classes. The only exception is warrior, but they get an amazing defensive augment from rank 1 and cut damage received in half with one of their later augments on top of having access to the best armors in the game.

It is literally POTENTIAL: THE GAME

They could do so much more, while keeping the base design. They should build around it. Expand the map, introduce new enemies, different weather, different lands. Whatever they do, they should NEVER INTRODUCE CO-OP/PVP, soulsfags ruined one series, they don't need to ruin another.

Auron was going to be in this game?

Planned late-game content that got dropped. They added some of the unused ideas in the mmo I think. I've seen some webms around with the punch-mages or whatever they are.

I think that infinite tower they originally planned was a good idea. I believe it was a place where you could randomly run into other players because universes were overlapping or some shit. There's already multiple Arisens in DD lore. It'd make sense to at least have a single area with optional co-op.

>if thats even possible
Literally bait. DD is a game where the positives barely outweight the flaws.

A modding toolkit with sexmod capabilities.
>So many hot pawns
>not fuckable

Why even exist

If this was the game I would never play another video game again.

>Much larger map
>Mounts (that can't outpace most boss monsters and can die easily)
>Lancer Vocation that crosses with Fighter for a heavy armored tank with a charge attack or Strider for a high mobility Dragoon type advanced vocation.
>More skill slots and skills to fill them
>More complicated combos
>Grappling hooks I dunno everyone's doing that
>Shove more Monster Hunter into it in general

Modding tools with sex mods period. Fuck if they released a toolkit now I'd never ever need another videogame.

>punch-mages

why the fuck is this game not over here? god dammit

>personality tables for Arisens so the player character isn't a bumbling retard in every cutscene
>can set different skills on different weapons on inventory, equipping weapon changes skills (potentially too op?) (as long as mages aren't involved?) (i was thinking blunt weapons vs blades)
>six warrior skills for fuck's sake
>mayan/aztec area
>actually sayisfying and difficult to reach final ending