What did he mean by this Cred Forums?

"What we mean by integrating platforms is not integrating handhelds devices and home consoles to make only one machine."

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130131/05.html

3DSwap is just a PSVita TV thingy but in the Wii U's TV Screen and gamepad.

he meant this:

>"What we are aiming at is to integrate the architecture to form a common basis for software development so that we can make software assets more transferrable, and operating systems and their build-in applications more portable, regardless of form factor or performance of each platform. "

"Previously, our handheld video game devices and home video game consoles had to be developed separately as the technological requirements of each system, whether it was battery-powered or connected to a power supply, differed greatly, leading to completely different architectures and, hence, divergent methods of software development."

So basically they want another Dolphin emulator that can play handheld and home games?

"Currently, we can only provide two form factors because if we had three or four different architectures, we would face serious shortages of software on every platform. "

"To cite a specific case, Apple is able to release smart devices with various form factors one after another because there is one way of programming adopted by all platforms. Apple has a common platform called iOS. Another example is Android. Though there are various models, Android does not face software shortages because there is one common way of programming on the Android platform that works with various models."

"The point is, Nintendo platforms should be like those two examples. Whether we will ultimately need just one device will be determined by what consumers demand in the future, and that is not something we know at the moment."

He meant hybridfags are BTFO.

Seriously though, he wants a common architecture for Nintendo systems that will attract developers in the same way as, if you make an iPhone game, you've also made an iPad game. This make developers' lives easier, enables more appeal across systems, and for people to buy cross-platform titles that suit their pricing and performance.

Of course, they key takeaway from this strategy is it only means anything if there are more than one device in the family of systems. So in conclusion, hybridfags BTFO.

"Still, I am not sure if the form factor (the size and configuration of the hardware) will be integrated. In contrast, the number of form factors might increase. "

"However, we are hoping to change and correct the situation in which we develop games for different platforms individually and sometimes disappoint consumers with game shortages as we attempt to move from one platform to another, and we believe that we will be able to deliver tangible results in the future. "

Ah similar systems but two machines.

We might get two instead of a hybird.

I want a tablet and a console.

So the NX is an upgraded Vita and a home console that can share libraries and give processing power to each other when docked?

Sounds great.

Its two systems with same operating systems and graphic processor. Console or portable.

Might even share the same carts.

Think Ipad, iphone.

We don't know what he meant. Wait until the official NX reveal to find out.

But Forbes said that Eurogamer said that Emily Rogers said that a Brazilian source said that the NX was a handheld that connects to you tv with detachable controllers.

No, they want a family of devices that can play all software made for Nintendo, like the way you can play any Android game on any Android device with sufficient specs to run it.

I've been sharing these exact quotes on Cred Forums for the past two years explaining why it means the NX isn't going to be one hybrid device and nobody fucking listens to me

Thank you for having a brain

So not even the CEO of Nintendo is official?

Guess I should wait for kotaku, ign, and euogamer, for official nintendo information.

Your response makes no sense.

I wonder what a Nintendo investor feels with all these lies Iwata shoved down their throat.

oh wait

What specifically did he say that was a lie

Yeah, I understood what he meant. It's like the family of ipad or the iphone.

I remember a Nintendo official saying it's not a hybrid. I also remember they said it was a console and hand held in different quotes.

Makes porting easy, less development time and costs wasted.

So I guess the console version is a normal gaming system.

It's not a hybrid.

Iwata is kill

how can he say those things

Almost every nintendo fan is a liar and their motto is "lying and deception". They don't care for the truth or talking about games, they are all about pushing their sick obsession about Mario and Nintendo

Why does Cred Forums pretend like this is complicated statement because it doesn't jibe with what eurogamer rumors say.

It's a phone with a controller handle thing. Uses 4G to speak to basestation at home that streams.

You play high quality games this way.

Basically they want all their systems to have the same OS, like Windows on a PC, so they only need to develop a game once and it will run on all of them.

And it's works with wii u.

That is all.

They're actual retards. Also a real lack of reading comprehension, that even the dumbest redneck has.