So can someone tell me what exactly was so bad about this game?

So can someone tell me what exactly was so bad about this game?

I never played it or looked into it because I didn't give a shit but from the few videos I've seen it just looks like another party shooter game. But apparently it's TORtanic levels of failure. Usually I can figure out what these kind of things did wrong through hearsay like NMS but I don't know what the big deal is here other than it apparently went up against Overwatch

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mYZYs2Nm3q4
youtube.com/watch?v=bozvLUp0f1o
youtube.com/watch?v=eY3_Dr6ajEw
youtube.com/watch?v=FElmjlzdSSM
youtube.com/watch?v=_IPZTRCu664
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you stupid? It's just unappealing. All you need to take a look at the individual character illustrations and that will instantly turn me off.

We can't tell you whats wrong (or right) with this game because it misses the playerbase, because the geniuses at Gearbox though "HEY LETS RELEASE THIS GAME AT THE SAME TIME AS OVERWATCH"

It's a shitty Overwatch ripoff.
It's made by Gearbox.

>post yfw when you'll live to see Gearbox and Randy's Pitchfraud's career die

They wanted to compete with overwatch and they got destroyed hardcore. The game itself is meh otherwise. It's only colossal failure is that it's the peak of obnoxious gearbox writing and character design, to the point that even big fans of Borderlands are cringing.
youtube.com/watch?v=mYZYs2Nm3q4
youtube.com/watch?v=bozvLUp0f1o
youtube.com/watch?v=eY3_Dr6ajEw

FEMINISM IS AWESOME

What are you talking about?

Ignoring it coming out at a shit time and having a low population right away, they fucked up from the start. They went so overboard with particle effects and seeing parts of your character in first person it took hours to get used to parsing everything that was happening. Stupid shit like the sword guy's skirt flying up in front of your face when you jump.

The single-player missions were boring as fuck, but you had to do them in order to get loot that gave you big benefits in PvP mode. Also to unlock heroes in general. Throw in a shitload of balance issues and tying PC patches to a console patch cycle, and there you have the failure.

>horrible artstyle
>gearbox's trademark writing
>dead playerbase
>the only original idea it has is mixing a bunch of shit everyone else has already come up with
>grating voice acting
>dead playerbase
>horrible fov and weapon scale
>terrible UI
>dead playerbase on a game focused on the multiplayer experience
>you support the people who made colonial marines if you buy this

Just bought it. Best Buy is having some sort of weird stealth sale with free shipping on it for GCU members. That or it's one hell of a glitch in their system.

$16 is too much for it. The singleplayer component is a bad borderlands game and the multiplayer might've given some fun if you could find people actually still playing it.

Free to play elements with a $60 paywall.
Also MOBAs are shit.

Another stupid fuck on Cred Forums taking this out of context I see

I've seen it on for $5, you got hosed.

the only thing i've seen of this game is a youtube character reveal and it was one of the worst looking games i've ever seen.

Gearbox is under the impression that character appearance and design is best when you have each character defined by one trait that they remind you of every 21 seconds. For a good example of this, its easy to remember that Handsome Jack is the bad guy of Borderlands 2 because despite his position implying he would be a very busy man he will call you every 5 minutes just to remind you how bad and not nice he is.

youtube.com/watch?v=FElmjlzdSSM

Make a trip for this thread and then come back after you've played the game and let us know what you think. I'm serious user.

except there is no context

Randy should be doing performance art rather than developing games because he fucking killed it at PAX
youtube.com/watch?v=_IPZTRCu664

skip to 3:20 for the song itself, if you can't handle his buildup skills and storytelling abilities

I just hate Gearbox. Won't even bother playing it when it inevitably goes f2p.

the full quote is: "All units be advised, feminism is awesome!" right? dont give me that "no dude he's a dudebro making a joke", the game was made by gearbox entertainment

Don't bother user, this guy shows up to every stillborn thread to defend the line, it's almost barnayfag levels of dedication.

Isn't the line played after he kills a female character? It is baffling trying to unravel what the joke is here.

Nobody played it because of retarded release date.

Will he die?

In all seriousness, user. Blizzard delayed their open beta and release date until they were absolutely sure Battleborn's release would be cemented.