youtube.com/watch?v=-QJDMqwL23c
youtube.com/watch?v=KYTVJpHc0TU
youtube.com/watch?v=BwS056zXmLk
youtube.com/watch?v=bVyds-mBQt0
youtube.com/watch?v=C4gKihwLp8s
youtube.com/watch?v=-IIGTM51IqI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A future without footjobs is not a future I want to be involved with

First, I don't hate the game, I think it's a pretty average one, but not a bad one, the level design is the great force of the game obviously, the possibilities to handle a mission are amazing and the art direction for this game is over the top, really good job here (however, I’m a little disappointed that Eidos decided to move away from Human Revolution‘s famous “black and gold” aesthetic, the game feels more generic now without it), the OST is good but not as good as it was in Human Revolution and that's pretty much it.

Where Human Revolution took you hopping across the globe, Mankind Divided keeps you mostly in Prague and its surrounding environs, and the story feels far more limited in overall scope and worst, it makes the game feel so repetitive, Prague is pretty for sure, but everything looks the same, you can watch everywhere and had this impression of déjà vu. What make the game so repetitive in Prague is the goings and comings the game has, you're always going to point A to point B to come back to A to go to C to come back to B etc... fucking annoying...

The animations feel like a game from the 90's, like seriously, during discussions, it's like Adam Jensen or other characters only have a spine, they all standing and almost nothing else is moving, during gameplay, they only have 2 or 3 animations for the stealth takedown, it's like you always do the same thing over and over and over and over... and why I'm talking only about stealth takedowns? it's because the game can only be played this way if you want a little fun, the gunfights on this game are terrible, seriously, shooting just isn’t as satisfying to become your primary choice. The IA in this game is the worst IA I've ever seen for the last decade, it's amazing how bad they make it, just terrible.

Devs
>I want the game to be a hamfisted social commentary on racism
Publishers
>I want the game to be designed with microtransactions and sequel bait.

Squeenix.
Still a great game though desu.

It does have some bullshit but in the end it's well balanced, microtransactions for example, such bullshit has no place in such game, but? The entire game is balanced to be played without them, in regular game you unlock ALL augments shortly after starting NG+ and in 'I never asked for this' there's still plenty praxis to make viable combat/stealth/mage character or hybrids reducing transactions literally into paid cheats for retards

So yes, there are downsides but upsides make it better than Human Revolution in the end. But if you're not fan and have decent backlog just wait for price to drop.

Didn't cyperpunk peak in the 80's?
Next time don't make a game in a ded genre.

Jensen being a clone.

In my opinion, everything but the story was an improvement over Human Revolution.

He's not a fucking clone.

Doubt he's clone, but I guess he does have some kind of 'killswitch' that will either make him go bananas or explode when he meets Janus after Lucius activates it.

Nothing really happens.
I haven't played Invisible War, but Deus Ex and HR both had massive twists, loads of shit going on, shit tons at stake, interesting characters.
MD had none of that whatsoever, even Jensen was boring as shit in this one. The only interesting part was the experimental augs he got in him, but they just don't resolve that plot arc at all.
The bosses are still shit and in this case especially unmemorable.
The level design was really good but there just weren't enough levels or enough variety.
It also lost a lot of the aesthetic that HR had, though you could put that down to the change from US/China to eastern Europe. MD just felt like all the environments were cluttered, rather than the clinical aesthetic of HR.
The soundtrack was really good for the hub areas, but less memorable in key moments, probably again because nothing really happens in the game.

6/10 too short, not great story, slightly improved gameplay, great graphics, great soundtrack

I WANT TO BECOME AUGMENTED!!!!!

I could agree, but still it was an improvement on the wrong foundations.

It's overall a pretty mediocre game by virtue of what it is - a mass market blockbuster spectacle game first and foremost. It's very much of its time design wise and it never manages to grab what made people like DX. I don't think Eidos Montreal understands really. Well-intentioned that they are.

>augs lives matters
>we wuz superhumans
>Microtransactions
>rich people who lost limbs or have augs with superhuman powers are for some reason the hated minority just because of an isolated incident
>the worst of all, this kind of thing has to exist to give a good reason in deus ex 1 why nanomachine augs are so important.

>let a bunch of limp-wristed fags and radfems make a game around white guilt and black appropriation

Gee, I wonder why this game wasn't well received by the public and ended up selling less units than Human Revolution.

>isolated incident
Isolated is not the right to use, it affected all augs in the world and caused total chaos, even if it was only for a short period.
It could definitely be comparable to 9/11 in the potential it had to change the course of politics

Yeah, but it sure as fuck feels as if its not deserver compared to how augs are treated in the game

weak narrative and poor graphical assets (performance wasn't great but the game has a huge amount of tech so i can't exactly call it unoptimized). also poor intentions with the MTs.

that's about it really. everything else is great. world building is incredible and gameplay feels like whatever potential HR had, realized.

GREED.

The game repeatedly points out the dominance of Picus in shaping global public opinion in relation to certain events.
I know MD only has a small number of news bulletins which get repeated an annoying amount of times throughout each level, but they Eliza references the aug incident all the fucking time.
The whole thing is deliberately being spun to villify augs because there is a general feel among those in charge that if aug r&d continues there will be more crazy motherfuckers like Adam Jensen around and it will be harder to control the population

I'm thinking also - but it's something I've been wondering about with all those Denuvo games, people may laugh about it, but: no piracy.

I see far less talk about the game proper than about the brouhaha surrounding it.

And for most other games that use Denuvo, I don't see much talk either.

Look at DOOM for another example. Far less conversation than expected. It's *DOOM*, you'd expect it to be major, and it's been pretty quiet really.

Granted, might just be the games aren't good, or the market has changed too much in recent years. But I can't but think about how, maybe they're right.

Yes he is.

This proves nothing.

No Flygirl

>image proves jensen is a clone
>"this proves nothing"

not sure

i mean, i feel like i just beat a half finished game last night.

i got to the "boss", tossed an EMP and knocked him out LIKE I DID FOR EVERY OTHER GUARD, NPC OR ENEMY, AND I FUCKING WIN THE GAME IN 5 SECONDS.

yeah, the last fight was THAT EASY.

This

I literally just went into cover at the start of the fight without him spotting me and after waiting behind a railing for about 10 seconds he walked into range of my takedown

No mention of the awesome mission that precedes the final boss fight? Or the way you can approach it from so many different angles (heavy weapons/hack turrets/hack sentry bots/stealth tranq/killswitch)?

I'm sad about there not being more discussion too, but DOOM was fucking great. I wouldn't take the lack of discussion as indicative of a low quality game, there just isn't anything to discuss past a certain point.

Where is this in the game? I do not remember coming across it in over 2 playthroughs.

>he walked into range of my takedown

he countered every one of my takedowns. How'd you manage that?

>what went wrong
only one city to explore and its not that interesting so you either get into it or you dont

also the transistion between the areas sucks ass and isnt optimized at all, I had 10min train load times thats fucking ridiculous

game just ran like dogshit on a 970, idk if I need an extra 16gb of ram or something to make it run better but something was wrong here, none of the driver updates really helped

gameplay itself was good since its jusnt HR with more stuff

story is very so so with a shitty ending

again with the locations the military complex was wayyyy too short and i was surprised I didnt return there since I spent a max of 5 mins in that level alone, thinking that there was more to it i was extremely disappointed

fun game but 7/10

where is this in game

It's in the Versalife vault in Palisade. You can't see the inside of the tube where the clone is without a light source (EMP grenade, muzzle flash).

Jensen being a clone feels like such a lazy twist

Interesting, but I still don't believe Adam is a clone.

Remember that Adam is a product of Versalife research, his "parents" worked in a Versalife lab that blew up (or caught on fire?) and Adam was a test product of genetic engineering from that lab / research. The body could be a reference to this, as it looks a lot like Adam without augmentations.

you aren't the real big boss, you are a fake

also, most of the alternative paths revolve around ventilation shafts, shitty cover and takedown systems, literally no weapons, making run and gun harder than stealth, stupid battery draining too fast and making augmentations a lot less fun than what they should be, crappy boss fights (when you decide to fight), to name a few things

the plot and the characters are also terrible. jensen and sarif are ok (though sarif's new va is shit and the character was severely underused) but all the other characters were shit. malik and pritchard could've helped the situation a bit but in the end they'd only help so much

>rich people who lost limbs or have augs with superhuman powers are for some reason the hated minority just because of an isolated incident

Maybe because one day everyone was going about their daily lives and suddenly every aug was on a murderous rampage? Think about it, if this happened in real life Cred Forums would immediately start a "to the gas chambers" meme thing. HR's ending makes sense.

It's because he's NOT A CLONE. Jensen was recovered at Panchea and the Illuminati (mainly DeBeers) did something to adam and gave him more augments, he is part of his conspiracy (against the others?).

Adam is still the same Adam from HR.

As I said here
Adam was a child that was genetically engineered in a secret Versalife facility (White Helix labs), he was the only child who was successful in the experimentation, I wouldn't be surprised if Versalife was able to make clones of him somehow.

His "parents" were scientists who worked in the lab, and they destroyed it to end the experimentation of children, Adam was saved by the old black lady from the first game (who has alzheimers) who put him up for adoption and Versalife probably lost track of him. It wasn't until Megan discovered who he really was that the Illuminati became interested in him.

>all the other characters were shit
I love MD, but I couldn't agree more. The new characters are extremely disappointing. The only character that approaches likeability is Vaclav Koller, even then he's pretty irritating. They even kind of sucked the personality out of Jensen, he's turned from a pretty relatable dude thrust into an impossible circumstances into an unlikeable, moody fuckwit.

Do you reckon she has an artificial vagina or her original equipment?

Using Deus Ex to promote a Frankfurt School style narrative of class warfare between augmented people and people without augs, and an obvious critique of Western societies as being bigoted.

Deus Ex was far smarter than something so low and proselytizing.

yep. whoever was writing this game doesn't really understand what even made adam a likeable character in hr

he wasn't downright terrible like everyone else but his personality was one dimensional and as you described

>as it looks a lot like Adam without augmentations

>everyone forgetting about the Aug Incident where every augmented person went on killing sprees
Come on now

I'm getting increasingly convinced that Human Revolution and Mankind Divided aren't even Deus Ex games.
They're just weird cyberpunk games that are entertaining and have okay stories.

Is this a joke?

I think it's because i wasn't in combat, he didn't spot me when the fight started and i went straight into cover

She is cute. CUTE.

you could've made an argument for hr but definitely not for md

Nah HR is extremely Deus ex, I haven't played IW, but from what I hear about it it kind of feels that MD is the IW of HR

Nothing, it was an improvement on DXHR and leads into DX nicely. Even if they never make another game it lays out the framework for Bob using Adam to kneecap the Illuminati and promote augmentations so that he can become better kings, a god, before Adam finally pieces it together and confronts Bob who then kills him by using the killphrase implanted in Adam when he was under Bob's knife to install new augments (Such as the nanoblade because Bob has The One True Waifu working on nano augs) to kill Adam and sweep him under the rug, which is why he's never mentioned in DX. Protagonist of 2+ games silently killed and Bob uses Picus to scrub any history of him.

DXMD is really damn good.

I did the same thing. What difficulty were you on?

not releasing mod tools for their games, it's obvious theyll never remove the cancer out of their games, so nobody can edit melee combat in, add lean, and remove the takedown infested tumor it is

Cyborg girls are literally my fetish

Everything I like in Deus Ex is improved or on par in MD compared to HR and in some cases DE. Atmosphere, attention to detail, level design, all amazing. Story I never cared much for in HR or DE so MD's story being ho-hum and cutting off early is not much of an issue to me, it's just not what I play these games for. Characters were disappointing though, though of the three HR is the only game that had likable ones.

gimme deus ex

>What went wrong?

It really depends on what you look for in a Deus Ex game

the level design is shit simply because of how prevalent vents are, how much dick it sucks to go full run and gun since their priority when designing levels is stealth AND the battery runs out in 2 seconds, there's like 5 guns, very few gun mods

there's no way the atmosphere is better either. the graphics are, but the music is MUCH worse and with the entire plot + characters being retarded, the only part of the atmosphere that works is the graphics. and even then, the art direction in the original game was definitely better, and i liked hr's better as well though i can see how people would dislike that one since it had the piss filter and whatnot. but nothing in md comes even close to the atmosphere in shanghai for example imo

I'd rather have mildly entertaining to watch animations over worse than skyrim tier melee combat any day

mod tools would be nice though, too bad >Denuvo

microtransactions, shit optimization

i beat the game on stealth + non lethal in gimme deus ex too, last boss i stealthed behind him, hit him, the 2 flying robots and the turret with a single use of the tesla, ran up to him and did the takedown

>he prefers Press Q to win over aiming melee weapons, and being able to miss attacks because enemies strafe in combat
I know, that's why casualized practices are full steam ahead in most games. I bet you love 3rd person cover too.

every conspiracy already happened or becoming a fact so the new game has difficullty to find a new absurd conspiracy that can beat real life

>the level design is shit simply because of how prevalent vents are
That's kind of silly. It's not like vents are the only way to get from one place to another.

He was just kind of cold and aloof to everyone, even people who were genuinely trying to help him like Sarif and Aria. I wish they wrote conversation options like 'stop being a ungrateful douchebag to Sarif' and 'stop pretending there isn't massive sexual tension between you and Aria', but I guess they were really trying to push the line of the Aug Incident made Adam hate the world, which I get, but it makes the whole game a bit depressing.

this.

>the music is MUCH worse
Agreed, what the FUCK happened there

HR had such great ambient songs like:
youtube.com/watch?v=-QJDMqwL23c
youtube.com/watch?v=KYTVJpHc0TU
youtube.com/watch?v=BwS056zXmLk

Mankind Divided has...?

i disagree. far too often they're the "alternative path"

if we had gotten to see more of the story and actually saw how the whole thing ends, maybe his character would've been more interesting written the way he was. i don't mind him losing hope and hating the world and whatnot, but i don't think the game got those messages across very well either, if that's what they were going for

it's not balanced for lean

Interesting write up

>she

>but the music is MUCH worse
It's practically the same. The only reason you think HR's OST is better is because it came out 5 years ago and you've likely played it multiple times. Memorability through time spent.

Is that fucking Jewel Stait?

>It's practically the same.

Yeah nah, sorry, it's genuinely much worse

I think I'm going to skip this game, which is weird because it was one of the two games I've been looking forward to since 2013.

no, it's not. and i didn't even play hr when it released. i played the original deus ex for the first time in like 2008 or some shit too. people just love using the nostalgia excuse to defend horrible new games

>far too often they're the "alternative path"
Even if that's true (I don't think it is and you need to look harder), I don't see what's bad about being in vents. Is it lazy? I don't know, maybe. But it's effective.

What do you mean? The game has 3rd person camera on demand whenever there's cover around, you can tell where everyone is as long as there's a wall for you to glue onto. Lean and no 3rd person camera would make the game more challenging if anything.

>but the music is MUCH worse
i agree except for the club tracks, they're dope and way better than HR

But does she still have a vagina?

>he didn't get the reference

the game isn't terrible but there's a lot wrong with it. and if you don't play stealth + do every side quest like the devs originally intended you to, you're probably going to be very disappointed

Compelling arguments. Not that there's any point in discussing music, all we're going to do is throw songs at each other and call each others' tastes shit. So let's not bother and settle for thinking the other side is retarded.

it's lazy and predictable, yes

>Acting superciliously when you're objectively wrong
I already pointed out that HR had memorable background music above . That's only a handful of the great tracks it had. What competition does MD provide? Basically none.

The new game has a second composer attached, so I assume he did most of the work, because it doesn't sound nearly the same.

How is everyone's is performance on dx12 as compared to dx11? Better? Worse? Are there any tests on the matter?

They both have Denuvo so who fucking cares

Literally identical, didn't make the game run at a playable framerate in ultrawide, so I'm a little pissed

But she's alive confirmed

i didn't ask for a poorfag input

see this is what I was talking about
youtube.com/watch?v=bVyds-mBQt0
youtube.com/watch?v=C4gKihwLp8s
youtube.com/watch?v=-IIGTM51IqI
I can throw these at you and the best you can do is say "ur rong." Just stop dude.

because there would have been a boycot if she wasnt, i dont get why they didnt write her into MD instead of vega. vega sucks and is extremely boring

You dint get the cereal Easter egg?

bitch got crowbars for feet

>vega sucks and is extremely boring
I'm glad it wasn't just me that thought that

DOOM had way more discussion in the month it was released

Wait shit I read that wrong

i even read the breddy gud prequel book and even he couldn't write her to be more interesting, fucking pritchard and the guy adam escapes the interment camp with is 100x more interesting. vega is just fucking... there
fuck id settle for no malik, no vega, and just quinn as your collective handler through the game, at least that guy has some mystery

I agree.

I still liked the game but, you're right. HR was a better game over all.

The only part of HR that felt like Deus was the two short Bob Page scenes

MD at least extensively references the council of 5 all through out the game. It feels like the Illuminati is actually a driving force while HR's story felt very detached

>all you need to feel like a Deus Ex game is references
sounds like a guy who prefers Other M to Prime 2

I want her to give me a tighjob with th robolegs

amen to that

I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS GAME FUCK

It genuinely restored my faith in videogames

If real life prosthesis were as responsive and slick-looking (military-grade combat hardware optional) as those in DXHR and MD, would Cred Forums get augmented?

Do take into account the possibility of rejection getting you hooked on an expensive drug and the fact you would be walking around with extremely expensive hardware wherever you went.

>NO explanation for the golden masked men

>NO clarification on what happened exactly to jensen getting these new augmentations

>no progression on the illuminati plot threat

>zero development on the discovery that jensen's boss is doing shady shit

I was fucking shocked when the game was finished, not because I thought it was short, but because there were so many god damn loose threads the ending crept up out of nowhere.

Probably the least satisfying game ending I've played this decade, worse than fucking mass effect 3

>worse than fucking mass effect 3
I think you need to do some tai chi, collect your thoughts

I'm serious.

ME3 might have been shit, but it was an actual conclusion.

DE:MD felt like a game that just literally stops out of nowhere. I had motherfucking 8 unspent praxis points for christ sakes

If I had to take neuropozyne then no, never, especially since only one company can make it

I feel like if this was real life governments or companies would make sure they didn't have a monopoly though

>but it was an actual conclusion
That's exactly what makes it so much worse. It was the end of a trilogy, everything led up to it, and that ending is all we got, with basically no room to continue. With MD it's very clear that they plan to continue, and there's nothing major stopping them from doing so. MD's worst sin is feeling like half a season of a TV show, but that's better than being a full season and ending like Dexter.

Denuvo. Who the fuck played it? Piracy is literally free marketing and exposure.

>the golden masked men

what do you mean