Wow

Are you getting the greatest racing game of all time Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EF2MF3i3aTM
microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
youtube.com/watch?v=EV6E13xODyA
youtube.com/watch?v=WGJJSOUAxlg
youtube.com/watch?v=MuBp7364saI
youtube.com/watch?v=w09rc1VfWRQ&list=PL89qT6ZF_sBEOLOQE4jBUHvY4PDOZEkTm&index=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not as good as Bloodborne tbqh fampai

No because im not racist.

But I already own F-Zero GX and Burnout 3

They are entirely 2 different genres.

I wanted to fall for the b8..

Cute post. I like you. :)

>Needing windows 10 to play.

still missing out on the best game of all time

have fun with your multiplatform game faggot

Yeah I might but Midnight Club Dub Edition remix again

ds3 is better 2bh

>rated by nu-males who's first racing game was Forza Horizon 2

DS3 is trash senpai

I hate this so much. I'd buy it on PC if I could.

I'll just get it on Xbone. I don't know why they put it at the very end of September. like WTF, I want to play it NOW!

Windows 10 is objectively better when you know how to remove all the "apps" bloatware.

No, because racing games are fucking boring. Endlessly going around in circles isn't really my idea of fun. Plus I can just drive a car IRL for a more immersive and fun experience.
Though now that I think about it this could be kinda fun in VR, maybe I should get a Vive after all.

WOOOOOOOAH... I can't wait man!! MICROSOFT IS BACK BABY WOO!!!!! downloading Windows 10™ as we speak!!

I should have pirated win 7 to get win 10 when I had the chance.
Just build a PC just as a win 10 box.
oh well.

I don't see the point in arcadey open-world racing games, seems like you could get the same experience with gta or similar games.

I guess the multiplayer is what sells it.

Can't you just pirate W10?

>same experience with gta or similar games
lol nope. those games are shit with even arcade race physics.

I don't know.

there is LITERALLY nothing wrong with Windows 10, goys.

>the state of Xbox """""exclusives"""""

Win10 is fucking garbage but I really wanted to play Forza

I guess MS won

Well technically Xbox is a brand and not just a single platform now. The only way to play xbone games on PC s by buying them from the Xbox app on W10 store.

youtube.com/watch?v=EF2MF3i3aTM

>racing games in general

So you don't need an Xbox One to play them?

>casuals still can't race

No, it's just racing games get old after 1 hour.

>racing game thread
>ps4 friends make it console wars
Every time.
CAN YOU FEEL MY HEART POUNDING POUNDING

Not the ones that they release on the xbox app.

No, I cancelled my pre-order it after I found out the developers made the cars drive on the left side of the road.

What were they thinking?

This is so funny for so money reasons
>it's not even an exclusive
>it's a fucking racing game
>it took 3 years to get even a fake "exclusive" to reach 90 on metacritic
Loving every laugh, lads.

it's set in australia....anyway it's not like you are bound to the left lane

>racing games get old after 1 hour
not for car guys that like to drive fast.

especially horizon where you can cruise and explore the world.

>especially horizon where you can cruise and explore the world
I can do that in any open world game, GTA for example.
This game doesn't offer anything new.

You can, and I heard is pretty easy

>>it's not even an exclusive
Neither is Persona yet sony fanboys defend that game to the grave.

GTA has shit driving

Yes you are, otherwise you crash into oncoming traffic.

>racing games are fucking boring.
>I can just drive a car IRL for a more immersive and fun experience
> this could be kinda fun in VR
>maybe I should get a Vive after all.

This is 10/10 bait. You just don't see nuance and lucidness like this anymore.

Has anyone come up with a way to disable Aero in W10 yet? That's been the biggest reason for me to stick with 7.

Just play it on your Microsoft Xbox One, bro. You do have a Microsoft Xbox One, right?

lol okay. but its like comparing little big planet's user created games compared to what the game is designed for. you'll never have real racing in gta, not even the racing mode in gta online.

>in b4 but its not a racing sim anyway

just check out test drive unlimited or the first horizon. its a different experience to an open world game.

how's Burnout Paradise?

Because it's good, not necessarily because it's an exclusive. You also need Sony consoles to play it, so it's more of an exclusive than Forza, which can be played without Xbox One or 360.

>inb4 you need W10 to play so it's the same
No it's not, you don't need any Xbox console to play it.

guess I'll do that when I build a new PC later on.

Racing games have never been fun and they never will, not to mention that the racing genre in general is dead.

No one gave a shit about Gran Turismo 6, no one gave a shit about NFS, no one gave a shit about the last Forzas.

shit

I don;t have to get shit. I got the greatest racing game of all time years ago.
It is called Burnout 3 takedown by the way.

what happened?

maybe because those games were shit and sims are oversaturating the market.

we need more creative arcade racers, and NFS is just not up to the task anymore.

fuck you guys for not buying Blur and split second.

BOYCOTT THIS GAME UNTIL THE DEVELOPERS PUT THE NPC CARS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD

>no one gave a shit about the last Forzas.

b8

open world (meaning having to look at a map when you're supposed to be going 200 MPH, also worse racetrack design)
no crash mode
less satisfying crashes

They are on the right side of the road you drongo

Npc cars are on the right side of the road :^)

No one gave a shit about the last Forzas just like no one gave a shit about Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive or Ryse.

>b-because it's good

quality doesn't matter. The original argument against Horizon was that it isn't exclusive. Then someone brings up another game that isn't exclusive either then you bring up the topic of quality?

Nice fucking goalposts, faggot.

that's a shame. it's the only one on steam.

>no one on Cred Forums gives a shit about any racing games

ftfy

Look up the sales of racing games in the past 4 years.

Not him, but they've all been shit?

Are you blind? They're currently on the left.

That's how it is in Australia m8

>racing games are boring
My favourite bait

Exactly.
Even GT6 sold literally half of what GT5 did.

The game is made for AMERICANS

I never mentioned Persona 5, nor have I claimed it was exclusive, you brought it up. Never even played Persona, but I've heard good stuff from the people who have. I also didn't even say it counted because it's good, I said people talk about because it's good. Nice reading comprehension.

nice try/10

yeah but who's on first?

Yes, Outrun 2

nu-males don't like racing games or anything involving cars in general

It's about time game critics pulled their head out of their ass and actually rewarded fucking GAMES for once and not interactive movies with emphasis on fucking story.

Forza Horizon 3 will get a nice spot in Great tier.

That's what poor white people drive though....

>GT5
>10 million
>GT6
>5 million
>Forza 4
>almost 5 million
>Forza 5
>2.2 million
>Forza 6
>1.7 million
>Forza Horizon 2
>1.3 million

Dead genre.

becasue they can't drive and hate competition.

unless its mario kart, then they can pretend they love videogames.

Horizon 3 looks fun though. I don't even give a shit about racing games normally. Last one I liked was FZeroGX.

Reminder that you need 12GB of RAM because it suffers from memory leaks.

>dead genre

Well maybe you should tell your sony boys to stop buying movies then

Jesus christ that has got to be one of the dumbest images I've seen all week.

I wish Blur was backwards compatible. I want more people to comeback to that game.

Why?
Racing games are dying because they are boring as shit.
The only thing racing games have against games like GTA V are more polished driving mechanics, but absolutely no one gives a shit about those.

The only way to make racing games entertaining is playing with a wheel, but the costs for a decent one are just retarded.
Not going to pay $100 for a decent one, and then another $60 for the game just to drive around a bit, and no one else does anymore.

gaming crash soon

What's wrong? You're a fan of interactive movies rather than video games?

Everything is organized and ranked accordingly to the criteria on the right.

This is a site for game enthusiasts, not interactive fiction enthusiasts.

Nice meme.

>look up forza horizon 3 footage on youtube

>this is what I see

microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

They already did their part.

A Fan of interactive movies?
Explain why Dark Souls is 5, Kirby & Monster Hunter are 4, Doom and Overwatch are 3

All of these focus more on Gameplay over story, hell Doom's character literally walks away from conversations.

I wish I was cool enough to rock that dew.

Did anyone here like the original PSP Ridge Racer? That game was the shit. I always finished my races by doing 10 360 spin drifts through the finish line.

what do you call that hairstyle?

>vgchartz
>leaving Edge/IE on your taskbar
>firefox
>cortana enabled
>third world time zone
>ad block pro
>McAfee extension

Jimmy Neutron?

>Racing games are dying because they are boring as shit.

YEAH BRO!!! YOU TELL HIM!! GIVE ME A STORY!!! RACING GAMES ARE SHIT BECAUSE THERE'S NO LE WACKY STORY FOR ME!!! I KNOW RIGHT?? GAMEPLAY??? REALISTIC PHYSICS??? CUSTOMIZATION??? REPLAYABILITY??? COMPETITION??? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT??? XDDDD

GIVE ME A PIECE OF INTERACTIVE FICTION WITH CUTSCENES AND FLASHY CASUAL SHIT LIKE BACKFLIPS, SLASHING SHIT WITH SWORDS, SAYING DUMB ONE-LINERS!!! WHO NEEDS ACTUAL CHALLENGE TO THEIR GAMES??? WHO NEEDS ACTUAL SKILL FOR THEIR GAMES??? XDDD

>for customers who use assistive technologies
what?

>the hipster numale

what will they think about how they look when they get older/

Tell them a bear ripped of your dick and you get Windows 10 for free.

that was the last ridge racer I thoroughly enjoyed. I don't know what happened but they seriously fucked something up with the PS3/360 versions.

>mfw this is game of the year

Hello again, you dumb fucking AC fag. I'm sorry that AC4 killed your favorite franchise, but for the upteenth time, Bayonetta 2 has the gameplay to back up those cutscenes and xenoblade has well over 100 hours of gameplay. I won't defend MGS4 and Last of Us though.

This comment gave me cancer.

Bayonetta 2 focuses more on gameplay than story yet you decided to highlight a cutscene compilation?

teen wolf?

You can lie that you have them.

>racing games
>GOTY
No.

>xenoblade has well over 100 hours of gameplay

Bwa ha hahahaha
You call all that "gameplay?"

As opposed to idly driving around the map over and over again?

I actually would, if it was available on non-shitty OS

The "le movie game xD" meme is used for shitposting purposes only, don't take it seriously.

it's the highest scored game this year

Gran Turismo is the biggest Sony franchise tho

Loophole to get a free upgrade

Just click yes I use it and you get it

Literally no questions asked

So if my roommate is getting this on Xbox, can I play his copy on my PC? or does it lock it into his account?

>idly driving around the map over and over again

lol people think racing games are a sunday drive in the park. Are you the kind of person that brakes around corners by hitting the wall?

You keep moving those goalposts buddy.

The Forza Horizon games brought the racing sim mechanics of Forza Motorsport to open world racing. Open World racers no longer get a pass on having shitty driving controls because "da game big"

how many of these do you have?

Locked to his profile

Is there any other game to play on ps4, besides bloodborne?

How are any of those in pic-related games if you are constantly interrupted by cutscenes, horrendous dialogue, and bombarded with corridors and other interruptions to the overall flow of gameplay?

Racing games and shmups eschew all of that fat and get straight to what matters, THE GAMEPLAY, not to mention they focus on challenge, skill, multiplayer, scoring, and replayability which is exactly why this is the most objective goty list you will find in this shithole. Cred Forums has been shit for years, and I'm correcting it. You can help the cause by buying F1 2016 and Forza Horizon 3.

>"you can run that game on a 150$ computer? well fuck you I hope it crashes, I spent 400$ on my GPU"

Ok so this has never happened to me because you said so? Good, I thought I'd actually have to take you seriously for a second there.

So clearly there's a reason you're so dedicated to this argument, Ive struck a cord with you on that one, hence the "I dont know what you're talking about and any stories that prove me wrong are fake and gay" theory.

And now for the homestretch of someone with no argument; the "this is over before it even started, I dont care, although I do"

Its great to see you squirm and everything, but its very transparent that you got hung-up on trapping yourself in some "I skimmed and now I look stupid, so you're a 5 year old and anything that proves me wrong didnt happen"

Lucky for you there's no evidence anywhere on any of the internet in regard to PC gamers bragging about hardware superiority. That was all an elaborate lie I constructed. Nowhere anywhere has a PC gamer ever had to justify their purchase.

Sorry I hurt your feelings, but dont pull the trigger if you cant handle the blowback, goddamn. Maybe next time you go in for a quick "lol this is all gay and summer and shitposts you cukcing cuck" you might read the entire post before summarizing your face negotiation.

But hey new word! "Subtext", congrats

too many

what would you suggest instead of Firefox? Don't say Chrome because shit's awful.

>GIVE ME A STORY!!!
This is actually one of Forza Horizon's biggest issues. The "story" is fucking lame. I don't need exposition on why some entitled 1% millenials are at a car/music festival.

It's a bit better in 3 because you're the festival boss now and you're expanding your bases and recruiting drivers (and can name yourself Big Boss)

cool.

guess I'll just DL it and upgrade when I build a new PC eventually.

Firefox is fine you fucking tardlet

I got an idea! Lets form a car club and challenge /o/ in their own game!

I actually liked the story in Foza Horizon 1. it was just you trying to rise in the ranks and win the festival. that and facing against rivals gave you better motivation than horizon 2 where it felt like you were just some employee of a rich guy.

I loved how they would talk about you on the radio the higher up in rank you got. horizon 2 missed a lot of atmosphere from the first one.

A game with cutscenes isn't a movie game. Movie game is a Cred Forums buzzword used specifically for shitposting. You don't have to like them or think they're good, but use valid arguments. Not every game has to be exactly the same.

Netscape.

Why would I play a racing game and fantasize about racing a mclaren at 200 mph when I could just drive my suburu at 40 mph and wait for traffic lights?

The difference between Forza's story and those others is that the cutscenes don't equal to being over an hour long and the overall gameflow is centered on the gameplay. Once the "story" is complete, there is still the game, the clubs, the multiplayer, the customization. With a "game" such as Bloodborne or Dark Souls or Xenoblade, there is no replayability. You reach an end with credits and a million cutscenes in between to get there. Your goal in those "games" IS to reach the end and see the end of the story, but in Forza Horizon, the "story" is more or less career mode and is supplementary.

>subaru
Is it an Outback and are you a lesbian?

PC version is broken, reviewers were denied access to it despite launch only being 48 hours away

I know what a movie game is, and that's exactly why pic-related exists to show the difference. That's why I am here to get Cred Forums back on track talking about games not movies. I'm frankly rather shocked game journos took their head out of their ass for once and actually rewarded high scores for a game and not a piece of interactive fiction. Though, high scores are usually suspicious, so the game may not be added to great-tier. They may seemingly be correct every once in blue moon, but generally gaming journos are cancer and cannot be trusted.

>online road trip returns
Online ruined again because it won't have proper lobbies like Horizon 1

well I do like girls

So you need MS platforms to play it then

Do you live in some parallel universe where all cutscenes are unskipable? If you really don't want ANY narrative, or atleast a cohesive one, in your vidya, just skip all the cutscenes. Even if you remove the cutscenes, all of the games you listed there are longer than AC1/Phantasma.

>I know what a movie game is
It's a buzzword, I know. I know what it is too, user.

I don;t need an Xbox One to play it, which is why it's not an Xbox One exclusive. Just like Persona 5 isn't a PS4 exclusive, unless they cancel the PS3 version or something.

Only things that really deserve the movie game title are post-Omikron gamesDavid Cage shits out and the like.

We've gotten to the point where racing games are "boring as shit" and trash like xenoblade has compelling gameplay.

Pls stop the world I want to get off.

>We've gotten to the point
No user, I don't think the concept of subjectivity or OPINIONS have all the sudden become the norm, you fucking faggot. Shit dude, Gran Tursimo 4 and Final Fantasy 12 are literally sitting next to each other on my shelf.

>Do you live in some parallel universe where all cutscenes are unskipable
If I'm playing a game, they might as well not even be there. Why would I want something to constantly distract from the gameplay? I don't care for forced pretension and drama. I care for gameplay, and for whatever little gameplay there is in those "games", it is still casual with little room for skill. For example, in Bayonetta, you are given the ability to dodge any attack in the game and the entire world slows down in accordance. From then on, all enemies are wide open and the rest of "game" amounts to dodging telegraphed attacks, activating slowdown simultaneously, buttonmashing (because it doesn't matter what buttons you press, the enemies will die regardless with how overpowered you are), and pressing QTE button prompts. Let's also not forget, corridor level design hour+ long cutscenes interrupting general flow, and irritating edgy music that tries to imply you're doing more than buttonmashing. It's all simply casual power fantasy interactive fiction and it serves no purpose on an enthusiast gaming forum. Now scramble, gorf, and robotron? Those are games. Enthusia? That's a game. F1 2016? That's a game. Bayonetta is not a game.

>Using Microsoft's Universal Xbox platform across all MS devices
>I..i..it's not an Xbox! Doesn't count! :P

Time to face it, Microsoft has won.

Good for Gran Turismo 4 (though if you don't have Enthusia or F355 Challenge in your collection, you might as well get off of Cred Forums)

and bad for Final Fantasy XII

>all the butthurt sonyggers ITT trying to derail the thread and divert attention from GOAT Horizon 3 with "MUH RACING GAMES ARE SHIIITTT THEY'RE DEAD" shitposting

Haha fellas, just because the last GT and Driveclub were absolute abortions and sold about two copies has absolutely no bearing on Forizon, keep crying

>Needs a 970 to run
Fucking how? Isn't the xbone like equal to a 660 or something?

Why is something from microsoft so goddamn unoptimized? You made the OS yourselves!

Are you that same faggot that can't even stand the intro to Super Metroid?

>Time to face it, Microsoft has won.
Hahaha, sure :) They finally have their 90+ metacritic """"exclusive""""

Welcome to Sony mid-2014.

>For example, in Bayonetta, you are given the ability to dodge any attack in the game and the entire world slows down in accordance.
If you'd played the game, you'd know this can't be done ad infinitum
> dodging telegraphed attacks
Oh, like schmups?
>it doesn't matter what buttons you press
sure, on first climax on the first stage
>pressing QTE button prompts
These were are almost non-existent in 2 and were turned into split second affairs
>Let's also not forget, corridor level design
It's a technical action game. Not everything needs to be open world. Funny you say this when you're priasing both linear racing and scrlling schmups.
>edgy music
I'm done

*praising both linear racing games and scrolling schmups

The last GT sold over 5 million copies, retard.

>Sony? Wasn't that that company that killed its last profitable division by forcing users to buy underpowered, overpriced locked down "consoles" instead of supporting an array of different devices with a single, robust gaming service?
>Sorry man, don't remember "Sonny"

Hello Mega! Back to neogaf!

>casual power fantasy interactive fiction and it serves no purpose on an enthusiast gaming forum
And what video games news outlet might you be working for?

Armored Core is a terrible game and you know it

>49 fucking gigs

>moving the goalposts
Nice argument, user.

There is no argument kiddo

UWP = Xbones + Win10 PCs

UWP >>> Playstation >>>>>>>>>>> Nintendo abortions

You can whinge and shit post about it all day if you'd like, but this is objective fact.

True, but I still pre-ordered it. First Forza game I'm actually gonna buy, the demo was fun.

dude with the amount of rice tax the car gets,expect one in good condition for like 20 grand stock

The one that talks about games, not movies.

>If you'd played the game, you'd know this can't be done ad infinitum
It's still far too much leeway and overly casual to the point where you can play the "game" with your eyes closed.

>Oh, like schmups?
Wrong. You're not given invincibility frames with gargantuan room for error in most shmups.

>sure, on first climax on the first stage
I've beaten both Bayonetta 1 and 2 on their hardest difficulty. I can assure you. It didn't matter what buttons I pressed. You are given so many combinations, in fact, buttonmashing essentially leads you to doing fancy moves regardless and it's much too casual for my taste, not to forget the much too forgiving checkpoint and continue system

> These were are almost non-existent in 2 and were turned into split second affairs

They certainly weren't.
youtube.com/watch?v=WGJJSOUAxlg

>It's a technical action game.
Buttonmashing with a low skill ceiling and gargantuan room for error isn't exactly what I call technical.

>I'm done

youtube.com/watch?v=MuBp7364saI

You can scream with your ears shut as much as you want, but this type of music is far too operatic for what you are essentially doing (buttonmashing). It's simply power fantasy for teenagers. I'd rather there be no music than have this garbage blasted in my ears. Either that or something more subtly intense like the Forza 4 soundtrack youtube.com/watch?v=w09rc1VfWRQ&list=PL89qT6ZF_sBEOLOQE4jBUHvY4PDOZEkTm&index=2

I don't even believe there were audio sliders in the options menu last time I checked.

forza 4 will remain the best iteration of the entire series. im buying horizon 3 just for the desert racing

>Win10
>better than anything

You almost had me.

I prefer assetto corsa because more mods, controller, wheel, clutch, pedal and everything support