Nintendo hasn't released a good game this entire decade

>nintendo hasn't released a good game this entire decade

I'm incredibly disappointed in Nintendo. Had to make this pic to get my point across.

Hopefully Nintendo will redeem themselves with the NX and new Zelda. But that handheld/console gimmick is leaving much to desire.

>BiS
>shit

Why did you do this?

bis is fine
td and pr are fine
nsmb1 is fine (the sequels are not, though)

>kirby planet robobot
>shitty gimmick game
get out

Ok, let's break it down.

>Paper Mario

Yeah, I'll give you this one. While I can appreciate Nintendo's stance, I still think it's a stupid stance to take, and I preferred PM to M&L anyway.

>Mario

There's nothing wrong with NSMB, nor with 3D World. They're certainly not groundbreaking, but they're enjoyable, polished games, and that goes for the sequels as well.

>Metroid

MPFF is a spin-off, much like Metroid Prime Pinball and even arguably Hunters. It does sting that it's the only game to come out since Other M, which was shit, but I don't think they're going to abandon the series after a spin-off doesn't do well.

>Pikmin

Pikmin 3 is great. Complaining about it because you don't play as Olimar and collect fruit to survive instead of random things scattered around is stupid.

>Star Fox

Zero seems to be exactly what you asked for, a game that sticks to its roots with modern controls and graphical upgrades. Rebooting the series for a second time is a little silly, but otherwise the game is perfectly competent.

>Zelda

As the most 'adventure' like of all of Nintendo's series, it only made sense for Zelda to tackle bigger worlds at some point. Don't judge it til we actually get the game.

>consoles

You do realize that the Gamecube only sold about as much as the original Xbox, despite having higher graphical fidelity than the PS2 and a decent amount of third-support? The lukewarm reception of the Gamecube was part of why Nintendo decided to target a broader audience with the Wii, after all.
And the Wii U is a great console with plenty of amazing games, despite the tablet controller really not being used for anything innovative outside of a few games.

>Kirby
>implying there's ever been a bad Kirby game

A gimmick is just what you call something unique to a game when you want to denigrate it instead of praising it.

>F-Zero and Mother

I'll give you that one too. Shit sucks.

>M&L

BIS was great, Dream Team was pretty good. Haven't played the rest.

>what we wanted
>gamecube

That's just your nostalgiafaggotry speaking, my man.

The Gamecube was the "ultra-casual kiddy shit" of its time. Too bad the Melee-humping autists couldn't go back in time and save it from getting clobbered in the marketplace.

This is some high quality bait

>Had to make this pic to get my point across
>Had to
No, you did it because you wanted attention, and not expressing your grievances in your post itself forces people to open up the thread.
That's called clickbaiting.

saved. gonna trigger some neotendo fanboys

There's only one reason

>NSMB1
>Pikmin 3
>Kirby series
>Mario & Luigi series (sans Paper Jam)
>Shit
You're right with everything else though

Good job

user you're just going to get nothing but "there was nothing wrong" responses from other Nintendo "fans"

the only good games on gamecube and wii are made by Sega

Close this thread now. Thanks

>MPFF is a spin-off, much like Metroid Prime Pinball and even arguably Hunters. It does sting that it's the only game to come out since Other M, which was shit, but I don't think they're going to abandon the series after a spin-off doesn't do well.

It's been 10 years user. 10 YEARS. They couldn't even give us an update on the situation? The longest hiatus we've ever had to deal with was the one between Super and Prime, and before and after we were immediately given great games to play. Where's the good game after Prime 3? Huh?

Do you really think it was a good idea to release a crappy spinof on the 30th anniversary of the series, after one of the biggest blunders of the series?

>I don't think they're going to abandon the series after a spin-off doesn't do well.
You need to remember this is Nintendo we're talking about
Paper Mario 64 and TTYD were incredibly popular and they decided to butcher the later games with the Sticker Star formula because they thought people wouldn't like having 2 series of Mario RPGs

It's going to be fun seeing this thread posted every single day without fail for the next three months.

Every time someone makes a bait image, they just can't let it die gracefully.

>Planet Robobot
>BiS
>Pikmin 3
>3D world
>Shit

>Wanting more MOTHER when Itoi said the series is done because there's no non-retarded way to continue it and all good things should come to an end

Do I think it was a good idea? Probably not the best idea they could've made, no

With that said, how much doom and gloom do you think the fanbase would be spouting if literally nothing was released for Metroid's 30th?

Or worse, if they put out some stupid Metroid image macro on Twitter and that was it?

If nothing else, Nintendo still cares enough about the series to do SOMETHING with it instead of just letting it fade into obscurity like they've done with some of their other series. RIP Endless Ocean.

Popular is a relative term. Remember that both Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star outsold both Paper Mario and TTYD. It's entirely possible that the decision to go full Sticker Star was influenced not only by wanting to have only one Mario RPG series, but the fact that Sticker Star is technically the second most popular game in the Paper Mario series.

WHAT WAS THE LAST GOOD NINTENDO GAME?

my vote goes to Zelda Twilight Princess
2nd/3rd party: Metroid Prime Trilogy

Kid Icarus: Uprising

>With that said, how much doom and gloom do you think the fanbase would be spouting if literally nothing was released for Metroid's 30th?
It would be slightly less, but them ignoring such a large milestone would nonetheless be damning, and it would be even more traitorous to their fans if they continued on with DMCAing AM2R. Remember, it's not the act itself nor the legality behind it, but rather the fact that they're doing nothing to assuage fans who want another Metroid, and they're slowly pushing them to just play other metroid-likes.

>Or worse, if they put out some stupid Metroid image macro on Twitter and that was it?
Why would they do that without at least announcing some special event? If it came with nothing attached to it, it would be condescending.

>If nothing else, Nintendo still cares enough about the series to do SOMETHING
That's not an argument. It's better to let a series die than torture it with bad games, and then attack the fans for not liking it.

kirby games are still good, even the gimmicky ones, I think it's the only Nintendo series to do those right.

>Whaaa Nintendo does nothing but rehash!!!

>Whaaa Nintendo doesn't rehash enough!!!!

Fuck off.

>Remember that both Super Paper Mario and Sticker Star outsold both Paper Mario and TTYD.
Sticker Star has the worst attach rate in the series.
It barely outsold TTYD despite the 3DS being incredibly more popular than the gamecube was.

>Mario & Luigi series (sans Paper Jam)
Partners in time was terrible. I dare anyone to defend it with a straight face.

The most recent ones that come to mind are Kirby Planet Robobot and Rhythm Heaven Megamix. With that said, 'good' is a purely subjective term, so what I consider good may not be what others consider good.

I haven't seen Nintendo 'attacking the fans' for not liking their titles. The most I've seen is them explaining their position on why they decided to go a certain route with a series, which is far from attacking anyone.

And yeah, the point was that putting out a stupid Metroid picture for the 30th anniversary and nothing else would be incredibly rude to the fans.

I realize that the attach rate was terrible, but purely in terms of sales, Sticker Star still beats out TTYD. From a monetary standpoint, since Nintendo doesn't lose money from people selling their used games back to Gamestop or whatever, Sticker Star was arguably more profitable than TTYD, though I can't really say that for sure since I don't know the budget of either project.

>vania roleplaying in Metroid
>"Another Dark Zelda Game"

so much autism in that image...

So what was the verdict on SFZ? I'm considering getting a WiiU this blackfriday

What are you talking about OP the gamecube came ou-

>2006 was 10 years ago

It has less content than SF64, and the levels are overall worse than SF64. Most levels are all range mode instead of on rails. And all boss fights are on rails which makes most of them garbage. There's only two paths instead of several alternate ones.
I honestly can't think of a single thing it does better than 64.

Don't talk shit on Super Mario 3D World or Pikmin. They do not deserve to be put in the same category as StarFox Zero, Metriod FF, or Color Splash.

3D World is pretty bad though.
Pikmin 3 was good.

I want a game console like the snes was at it's glory.

>I haven't seen Nintendo 'attacking the fans' for not liking their titles.
One of the most recent interviews attacked the fans as entitled and said, and I quote, "they just hate it because of the graphics". This is at the point where everyone began to complain about the gameplay by the way.

And then of course the whole DmC-style breakdown once the game flopped.

Weak bait.

Pretendo.

If you can adapt to the controls, then it's a pretty good game. It does take an hour or two to get used to flying and aiming at the same time on different viewpoints, though.

I wouldn't put it above SF64 in terms of pure gameplay, but it's pretty close. Better than Assault, for sure.

>all boss fights are on rails

That's factually wrong, though.

>only two paths

I haven't done every route, but aren't there like 17 paths or something?

Entire left side is correct

Entire right side except for F-Zero and Mother is incorrect

It's really fun if you have friends.

Maybe you should stop being an insufferable prick and get some friends.

made by Sora

>3D World is pretty bad though.

Why is everyone so hard on this game? People act like it's some glitchy piece of crap that crashes constantly or something, when it plays very well?

3D Mario games consistently sold worse with each release. We're getting a different style Mario precisely because "we" did not want any more SM64/Galaxy, but sales standards.

Pikmin 3 was great.

Nobody wants another grimdark Zelda title. Majora's Mask was good for its different mechanics, characters, and setting - not because it was "dark".

Kirby has always been good. I'd love to hear how Robobot is somehow gimmicky but Amazing Mirror is not.

Superstar Saga wasn't that good either. It's just your nostalgia and the originality at the time which made it stand out.

>We

which bosses were on rails?
>but aren't there like 17 paths or something?
There are two paths, the aquarosa one and the main one. Every """""alternate""""" path is a one-mission detour (usually with a short level like peppy boss fight or 1 on 1 wolf fight, not a full level) that folds back into the main path.
There's no second stage of the andross fight on hard path either.

Yeah don't trust Sora, fuck that bitch

I played it with friends, only thing it did was create artificial difficulty from us bumping into each other because there's no room for that many people in a lot of levels
Its a step backwards for 3D mario whereas every other 3D game has been a step forward

Left side had a decent point.

Breath of the Wild is finally evolving past the trend that Link's Awakening started

Amazing Mirror isn't good, Kirby's Epic Yarn wasn't bad, and Robobot was pretty good.

The Mother series is finished.

The Superstar Saga sequels are pretty good, though no Mario & Luigi game compares to Paper Mario 64 (or TTYD)

>What "we" wanted

>most of everything under those lists sold like shit during their time period

No, apparently its not what "we" wanted.

3D World sold like shit too, neo-nintendo apologist.

Pikmin 3 is fine, not playing as Olimar is really pedantic considering he's in mission mode and collecting fruit is a really dumb gripe. Never heard anyone bitch about collecting product placements in Pikmin 2 as opposed to ship parts.
Bowser's Inside Story was good but flawed, if the tutorials were skippable it'd be a good game
Kirby's return to dreamland is good, haven't played the two successors but they look even better, if a bit samey.
With Zelda the fandom is so split that you can't just say the fans want X. Zelda fans want X, Y, Z, and maybe a few of them want W.

Everything else is basically spot-on. I liked 3D World but we're overdue for a good collectathon that we know they can deliver

>Its a step backwards for 3D mario whereas every other 3D game has been a step forward

A game not being as good as something else does not make it bad. People also ride on Sunshine for not being as good as 64. That doesn't mean it's a bad game, or they still didn't enjoy it.

And it's technically a step forward from 3D Land in comparison.

And? Facts are still Facts shitposter

Is making another 2d mario game a step backwards?

no

They're different styles of games. You people are fucking retarded.

I see the problem OP is trying to convey, but he's generalizing too much and it hurts his argument.

A lot of the games that you listed are both fun and enjoyable experiences, but they're safe. Too safe. Games like Super Mario 3D World may be fun, but they're predictably fun. It's doing very little new and Nintendo gets away with it because it was fun way back when.

What the fans want is for Nintendo to use their franchises and create stories, environments and, most of all, gameplay that makes sense for the series. Instead we get Sticker Star which, while innovative and still fun in its own right, doesn't make sense as a Paper Mario title, and that's what the fans are complaining about.

tl;dr Nintendo is out of touch with its more loyal consumers. They play too safe and even when they don't, they miss the point.

>On its formation, Nintendo was listed as a 72% stakeholder while Sakurai's own Sora Ltd. and other 3rd parties are 28%
>72%
Made by Nintendo.

It's been a while since I've touched SF0, but I distinctly remember at least four bosses that you fight in all-range mode.
There's the one on the sand planet that you fight in the Landmaster that likes to burrow underground and shit.
There's the big UFO you fight as the Landmaster as well, bringing it down to the ground so you can get on top of it and hit its weak points.
There's the redone Meteo boss, whatever its name was.
And there's the big robot you fight before going to Venom through the warp hole.

And now that I think about it, there's the whole fight against Star Wolf once you get there as well as Andross himself, so that's at least six.

And it's not like Andross needs to have a second fight against him on the hard path. Isn't that something that only SF64 has had anyway?

>3D World sold like shit too

[citation needed]

Anything is fun with friends.

Compared to Sunshine or Galaxy it was a huge step back, it was just "okay" but nothing more.

You kind of hit the nail on the head with Zelda.
Hell, you probably couldn't even make a list of what people DON'T want that applies to more than 50% of Zelda fans.

Is Mario Kart 8 a step backward for 3D mario games, because its too linear for you?

Made by Nintendo and some other people

Kirby's Epic Yarn is snug as fuck

/thread

These type of threads are dumb as fuck, especially for people who use WE seriously.

it was on the wii u
there's your source
it was outsold by every other 3D mario game

(Me)
Also how the fuck do you make this list without referencing Animal Crossing Amiibo Party or Chibi Robo Zip Lash?

The Zelda part is fucking retarded.

We don't need some dark and gritty Zelda shit. We just need a good game. And the main reason SS wasn't good was because it lacked an overworld which is already fixed so it didn't "fall for the open world meme" it fixed a huge issue with the previous entry.

>Eating diarrhea is fun with Friends
>Raping children is fun with Friends
>Voting for Trump is fun with friends

combining 2D and 3D results in the worst features of both and the best of neither.
They should stay separate.

Heavily disagree, 3D World is much better as a single player game

>shitting on kirby
>ever
Falseflaggers like you should burn in hell.

oh fuck, I meant to put that most bosses are all range mode in first post. Sorry for the confusion user.
>Isn't that something that only SF64 has had anyway?
You do realize we're talking about Zero here right
It aped the fuck out of SF64 in every way except for the best parts (andross fight, forever train, area 6 etc)

I don't know what you do in your spare time with those examples, but largely everything is fun with friends. That shouldn't be a selling point in a game as even a shitty game is fun with friends.

You are that special kind of retard.

Trolling or not, youre not funny in the slightest

Hardware sales have shit to do with Software sales.

Yes, Nintendo and Nintendo special temporary team made solely for game

>wii sold over 100 million
>wii u sold 10 million
>hurrrr I bet 3D World still outsold galaxy and 64 though hurrr durrrrr

(OP)

My Point was that you implied anything is fun with Friends even though this is a retarded argument. I assume you've never played Mario Party 9. Believe me, it is a terrible game and it wasnt fun with friends

I agree that Zero takes a lot of elements from SF64, but in the end, it's still its own entity, and it does quite a few things differently from SF64. Whether those things are good or bad is subjective, though.

I think a lot of people have far too much nostalgia for SF64, grown out of the fast-paced action and the incredibly cheesy yet memorable dialogue of the game and helped along by the fact that the Star Fox games since it have ranged from decent to terrible, with none really reaching the heights that SF64 set. If you're looking at SF0 through nostalgia goggles, it becomes hard to judge it on its own merits.

Compared to SF64, Zero isn't as good, but it's still a great game in its own right.

>Walmart subcontracted me to collect their trash
>Hey guys I work at Walmart now!

>Compared to SF64, Zero isn't as good, but it's still a great game in its own right.
I mean yeah, thats true, but Zero was meant for SF64 fans. Nintendo themselves acknowledged as much.
This game was in development for close to a decade. It was moved from Wii to Wii U and even got delayed after that. There really isn't any excuse for it being so inferior to SF64.

>And the main reason SS wasn't good was because it lacked an overworld
The main reason SS wasn't good was the handholding, none of the previous games treated you like that much of a retard
There's also
>the least immersive Link (Minor)
>Most boring overworld/mount (Major)
>Most flat Zelda and Ganon (Minor)
>underused Groose (Major)
>stamina meter that really wasn't needed for a lot of actions it was put on (Major)
>boring and gimmicky set of dungeon items that makes the TP arsenal look versatile (Major)
>Moldarach, Ghirahim, and Imprisoned are all fought multiple times, and Ghirahim is the only one of those that's fun and plays off the central mechanics of the game (Major)
>polarizing motion controls that are prone to fuck up within 5 minutes or less (weight of this issue depends on who you ask)
>a vast majority of the game is built around hardware that isn't entirely perfected and has been proven to be polarizing before Skyward Sword (Major)
>bad art execution of decent style (minor)

>Uses lifetime sold systems to determine sales data and not the weekly info of said lifetime sold systems recorded data

go find yourself, being stupid and acting like you know how sales work is not funny

How is that not a bad argument? Most of the time when people talk about a game's saving grace they say "It's fun with friends".

As for Mario Party 9, that's true, I've never played it. Maybe there are some exceptions

>posts a ton of really good games with a few that aren't
why am I responding to this

>Bowser's insode story shit
AND FUCKING DROPPED
you are small time

>Literally nostalgiafagging the post.
Did you just have you 18th birthday yesterday?

You forgot brawl and 4 being shit

>mfw someone defends 50 dollars of DLC near me

Brawl didn't have DLC though.

Why the hell would anyone want a new Mother game, honestly? Itoi wouldn't be working on it, so why would anyone want it?

I don't know why I'm buying into this bait, but fuck it, why not?

>Paper Mario
Yeah it's sad there's no new RPG, but I still have nothing against Color Splash and plan on buying it.

>Mario Platformers
I'd rather have the direction their going right now instead of another shit game like Galaxy. Plus NSMBU was the best pure 2D Mario Platformer we've gotten in a long time.

>Metroid
Yeah that was a bad move overall, but not for the reasons in the picture.

>Pikmin
Nothing wrong, stop being stupid.

>Star Fox
>It's 'roots' were the least of Zero's problems.

>Zelda
Good because Twilight Princess sucked and Majora's Mask can stay right where it is.

>consoles
Yeah everyone can agree on this.

>Kirby
I love all Kirby games so this point is automatically moot to me.

>FZero and Mother 3
We already have Mother translated and F Zero can stay where it is until Nintendo learns that not every new release needs to revolve around a unique mechanic.

>Mario and Luigi
That's just being subjective.

Right I need to play something in order forget I wasted minutes of my life typing this.

Hmm, I wonder who would seriously want another Mother game?

stop being a fucking dumbass

I was refering to Smash 4.

Not him
I'm a huge motherfag but I don't want the series to get a sequel. Itoi told what he wanted to tell and anyone who gets the ending to Mother 3 knows that There can't possibly be any conflict left for the series

A prequel, interquel, or stylistic successor would be fine though

The story ended, so is it just people who can't move on? Also, M4 actually being called Mother 4 is pretty fucking dumb.

op must be happy with all these (you)s
>color splash actually looks like it fixes what made sticker star bad but i just circlejerk my hate on Cred Forums despite never playing the game and knowing whats wrong with it
>even though nsmb came before galaxy and was loved and wanted by many fans, its suddenly bad. also 3d world was a sequel to 3d land, which everybody loved too
>federation fart xD
>acting like you really cared about olimar. also same complaint could be given for second game
>bitching about nintendo giving exactly what the fans wanted
>thinking people actually enjoy the two worst zelda games
>"gimmick nobody wanted" yet worth owning over a ps4 or xbone because at least it has more than 3 games
>gimmicks and shit
>only good point
>consensus on all the m&l games is usually that are that they are good except dream team which is just ok

>>color splash actually looks like it fixes what made sticker star bad
No it doesn't? Attacks are still consumable items, no partners or badges, all NPCs are toads, etc

Jesus whatever sad sap made this image needs to take a graphic design course

You know, the time you spent to make your bait could have been the same by doing something productive or something for your entertainment, like playing videogames, reading, watch TV, and others.

You know, just saying.