Why do so many people love this boss fight?

Why do so many people love this boss fight?

It's boring and insanely easy. All you have to do is keep your camo above 85%. So you just belly crawl everywhere and change your camo as necessary. I've replayed this game 4 times and I've never been beaten by him once. Even on the highest difficulties. Even when I was speedrunning for a Foxhound rank. He doesn't even hurt you. He just depletes your stamina, so if you enter the fight and bring food, he isn't even capable of winning.

Every other boss in the game was able to challenge me, but not this in the slightest way. I liked every fight from every other MGS game more than The End. Even the atmosphere of the fight seemed boring compared to all the others in MGS3.

What makes this bland fight so popular? I don't get it.

It is unique and comfy

comfyfags need to be exterminated

Care to elaborate a little more on what you mean by "comfy"?

Facts

What a useless fight, just set my timer ahead and the nigga died of old age. His items are unnecessary anyway, he just serves to waste time

>things are only good if they are challenging
wew lad

slow pacing that allows one to enjoy the surroundings and ambiance

are you actually too retarded to figure that out own your own?

hide and seek can be fun and the 3 areas he runs between are nice and its also fun to collect tropical animals in the area

u listen to the birds while trying to find him and if you ever been camping or watched a movie with camping it has all those outdoor sounds that make it feel "comfy"

Not necessarily. That's why I was able to enjoy the Sorrow. But the Sorrow isn't a 10-20 minute affair. If something is going to be piss easy, I'd prefer it to be to the point and be done with it after 5 minutes or so. That's why The End sucks.

>speedrunning
>non skipping him entirely

>belly crawling
>not using the camo that makes you silent

Damn some of you autists actively look for things to bitch about

Bosses are called bosses for a reason.

You can't get the Foxhound rank if you kill anybody. Otherwise I would have.

Git. Gud.

Did you actually read anything beyond the very first sentence?

I didn't care for this fight either. It just felt like it dragged on to long and was just uninteresting.

If you quit the game at this boss fight and come back to it two weeks later in real time he dies of old age.

> belly crawling across the map

That might be why you didn't enjoy it.

Literally equip thermal goggles.

Every single boss fight in this game, except The Fury, is completely invalidated by Thermal goggles.

Neck yourselves.

OP here.

Don't get too excited. I knew enough to run when I was behind his line of sight or when he was changing locations.

I see you.

>held him up
>he didn't give me anything
>pop him with the m9 and dip
>never got his camo but i used the mosin nagant all theough the rest of the game

You didn't miss much. It's useful for the fight against The End, and the area right before you fight him, but not much else.

Mosin Nagant was cool as fuck though.

>it's easy

someone didn't play on hard or above.

and/or cheesed the fight

Gotta do the hold-up 3 times. Just aim your gun away from and then back at him.

I really hate that MGS got so popular because of V hype.

I fucking knew threads like this would start appearing where people nitpick and shitpost everything, because Cred Forums can't handle anything popular. There was a time when MGS threads were some of the best on this shit board, but I guess those days are long gone now.

>MGS only got popular after V
Neck yourself asap

No boss in any MGS game is hard unless you're playing on Extreme/Euro-Extreme. And even then, if it's your 3rd or 4th time doing it, obviously it's going to get easier the more you get good.

The End is a likeable boss fight because it's memorable. If you're playing MGS in release order then this is the first boss in the series that really breaks the mold of "1v1 in a room while action music plays" aside from Psycho Mantis, but he was really just a neat gimmick wrapped around a 1v1 and can catch you off-guard on a first playthrough. I knew I was expecting a sniper duel, but not one that spans multiple map areas and has a ton of unique ways to turn the fight to your favor, including capturing his pet bird or even setting the game clock ahead.

Obviously the impact is lost on repeat playthroughs because you've been through the motions and know what to expect. I pity anyone who didn't get to experience The End blind. Reading about his boss fight and going in knowing all the tricks completely undermines the experience.

Novelty. I don't care for it much myself, though. When I replay the game I often just assassinate him when he's wheeled out.
He didn't call the fight hard, you dummy. On the contrary, he constantly stated that he finds the fight too easy.

>MGS is just now popular

>dummy
fuck off trumple

Sorry, maybe I should have been clearer.

Since the hype for V launched MGS into the limelight, the quality of MGS threads has gone right down the shitter.

What's up with Cred Forums's boner for difficulty?

I mean, I get overcoming challenge and risk vs reward, but come on. Not everything needs to be ball-slappingly hard to be fun.

It isn't hard to see that V brought in a fuckload of newcomers to the series. Many of them completly miss the point of a mgs game and parrot
>muh open world
>muh gameplay

This fight is all about what's great about videogames: play them, be challenged by them, push yourself to the edges and get good.

When you fight him for the first time, you get your ass kicked until you figure out how to slowly trick the AI. That's what it makes the fight so brilliant.

You'll never be the same player again after you beat him.

MGSV's overhyping and attempts to appeal to as many people are possible has cause the MGS fandom to be invaded by people who have no idea what the series is about, and probably never even played MGS1.

you feel it too don't you?

that poster is acting strange, almost... puppet like...

This.

>trumple
What.

Because it wasn't an all-out fight. It required patience, and you had to figure out how to track him and sneak up on him without him noticing you first.

Rarely has there ever been a boss fight that was so slow and methodical, especially in the PS2 era.

That is not what comfy means at all

>first sentence
>"it's not hard"
When you know this board is shit