We can all agree this is undoubtedly THE shittiest gen, if not at least one of the worst, right?

We can all agree this is undoubtedly THE shittiest gen, if not at least one of the worst, right?

>Basically just a three year beta test for gen 7 so Gamefreak could create all the models and get used to the 3DS
>Mediocre as fuck mainline games
>Mediocre as fuck remakes
>Introduced megas

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yOv9hZVxpbE
youtu.be/7pTFLxeg6tg
youtu.be/q4_Hyk8Sjic
youtu.be/r9zULU-C_WE
youtube.com/watch?v=Zoe2WBSfWMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0uf1g6N4sKY
youtube.com/watch?v=iy4WUVI7Lrw
youtube.com/watch?v=m8lfI66T5II
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Honestly I prefer it over Gen II as a standalone Generation.

Not having Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower relatively easily available kills Gen II for me.

No.

XY and ORAS are still great games and have a lot of features, improvements, and polish

They just should have had the battle frontier

Platnium > HGSS > Emerald > ORAS > XY = RS > GSC > RBY

Agreed. Hopefully they next feature they decide to leave behind are the Megas. They were an idea a 5 year old might come up with.

I think megas are pretty cool and I'm 22.

Slight disagreement.

> Platnium = HGSS = BW = B2W2 > Emerald > RBY > RS > ORAS > XY > GSC

Gen 5 was worse.

Gen 5 was the best.

Fuck you

Gen 5 was okay.

it's so boring and forgettable

5 was best.

nah its was just ok gen 2 is the worst for me

You're wrong

Nigga you can get all three of those in Goldenrod in Gen 2.

>Skipping what was overall the strongest generation

HGSS > Plat > B2W2 > BW > Crystal > Emerald > ORAS > RS > XY > GS > RBY > DP

In Crystal, only after beating the Elite Four and all 8 Kanto Gyms, and only on Wednesdays and Sundays.

>relatively easily available

OR and AS are worse than XY
but they are the worst

No, you're thinking of the elemental punches. Pretty sure those three were move tutor moves in Crystal only.

God tier
>HGSS
>Pt
>Begrudgingly BW2 (Begrudgingly or you have shit tastes)
>Stadium 2

Good tier
>Emerald
>GSC
>Stadium
>The Gamecube ones

Meh tier
>RS

Shit tier
>BW
>ORAS
>XY
>Battle revolution

What the hell were they thinking tier
>DP

Dated classics in a league of their own tier
>RGBY

You didn't include gen 5 in your chart.

>disliking the tonguescarf

What was so bad about Diamond and pearl I somehow managed to put 300 or so hours on pearl and i still had stuff to.

Just looked it up, you could get the TMs for Blizzard, Fire Blast, and Thunder in Goldenrod at any point in Gold and Silver which in Gen 2 were still superior to the others.

>Infernape
>I can't even remember the shitty penguins name
>Good choices
The way of Torterra is the only way

Nigga, those still aren't Ice Beam, Flamethrower and Thunderbolt.

>still superior

Yeah sure is fun running back to the fucking pokemon center every 10 minutes because my main attacking move has FIVE PP.

>Megas are a fucking awful idea
>Games were pitifully easy
>Wonder trade just fucks everything up
>Shinies are common as fuck

It's like i'm playing on god mode. It's inherently unsatisfying. I don't feel rewarded, I don't feel like my experience is any different from anyone else's. I hate that the stats and RNG are geared towards autists but the general gameplay is geared towards children. I hate walking into a room knowing I will not at any point be surprised or feel any tension. I hate PvP since megas came out and destroyed the idea of setup and support moves, and the lack of a single-player infinite arena is pretty annoying, especially since it seems like a shoe-in with the Stadium games. I hate that there is room for strategy but just mashing A works for 100% of the battles. I don't understand why they take years to come out. I don't understand why some elements of the game are so esoteric and ill-explained, it's like the moment when you get to a hub city in an MMO and you look at the eight different mailmen and 96 blacksmiths and go what the fuck, except in a children's game. It's such a schizophrenic mash of differing design philosophies.

And now the new gen has more megas and more fucking non-pokemon. Just fuck my shit up, Pokemon is in its death throes.

Everything was slow as molasses, from battling to saving.

>5 pp
>shitty accuracy
superior my ass.

How is Typhlosion edgy? and alligators irl aren't exactly cute either. The problem with Johto's starters is they all get fuck all for moves (especially Typhlosion, what with having 1:1 the stat spread of Charizard and a shitty HA).

And Emboar is the only Unova starter, especially in BW2 where you can easily dump Samurott for an actual good Water type

But they literally have been avoiding all mention of megas because they cut them and dont want a shitshow on their hands

The reason you still had stuff to do after 300 hours was because everything took 3x as long as it fucking should've.

Go play BW or even HGSS, and then just get into a single wild pokemon battle in DP. There's so much dead time in the gameplay it's unreal.

I loved both for different reasons.

>since megas came out and destroyed the idea of setup and support moves

literally what are you talking about, the idea of megas meaning people don't use boosting moves like swords dance or status like thunder wave couldn't be any further from the truth

>And Emboar is the only Unova starter, especially in BW2 where you can easily dump Samurott for an actual good Water type
Yeah gen 5 was my last one but it was the first time I ever dumped a starter, there were much better designs out there from the other gen 5 pokemon that filled the type niche.

>Wonder trade just fucks everything up
How? this is optional and if anything you can get really interesting shit to breed.

Everything was slow (surfing sections were unbearably slow), poor type distribution (especially pre-elite 4), region was a drag to slog through, a large chunk of new pokemon were post-game only, far too many legendary Pokemon compared to normal Pokemon.

>alligators irl aren't exactly cute either

>And Emboar is the only Unova starter, especially in BW2 where you can easily dump Samurott for an actual good Water type
Emboar is shit too, to be honest.

I've played through every pokemon game at least twice, some many more, and BW/B2W2 are the only games I dump my starter for anything other than a challenge run.

It's not our fault that you don't know how to use other moves, user.

You're missing the point on purpose, aren't you?

Fire Blast/Blizzard/Thunder aren't viable ingame. They just fucking aren't. Hell, Ice Beam is barely viable ingame because it only has 10 PP.

to be fair OR/AS are just HD ruby/sapphire versions,easy mode, with no game corner or interesting changes other than mauville city.i know alot of people bitch about the lack of battle frontier, but that was emerald. they could of done so much more..

>Franchise peak tier
BW2

>Solid Entry tier
HG/SS - shit leveling
B/W - No post game. No other mons than gen 5 in the main game is met with varying reception. I love it but >opinions.
Plat - Gen 4 is slow.
Emerald - Unironically too much water. Too much water to traverse and too much water trainers between Wallace, Juan, Aqua, and all those swimmers

>Good
FRLG - Kanto is a pretty mediocre region, sevii felt like filler but is still a welcome inclusion, and I personally hated the redone music but >opinions.

>Outdated tier. Good but outshone by other entries
Crystal - Most content in it is in HGSS
RGBY - Speaks for itself.

>Stepping stone tier
GS
RS
DP

>Bad tier
XY - Deserves a slot here for that awful pacing alone. Completely unmemorable region and league.
ORAS - changing things that didn't need to be changed while ignoring things that did.

Debate me.

Accuracy didn't even matter in the earlier Gens. Giovanni wrecked shit with Horn Drill spam in Gen 1. Gen 2 wasn't much different.

This
All of this
just add
>introduced fairy type instead of actually balancing the type char
and we'd be on the exact same page
Gen 6 made me quit this series and it actually amazes me that people still care about Pokemon
But also

>We can all agree this is undoubtedly THE shittiest gen, if not at least one of the worst, right?

You guys say that every single generation.

have you played these games recently? AT ALL?

>Only moves with X PP matter despite there being items in-game that instantly restore lost PP

Okay buddy

that's actually true every generation

Spotted the angry granpda, since Pokemon has always been about accessibility, to entice pickup and play gameplay. You're complaining about a series literally aimed at children being too easy, when there are regular JRPGs on every system the series has been on to suit your desires. With stuff like SMT and Etrian readily being available these days to kick your dick into a vagina, you really can't expect the game that has endless children merch and a cartoon to provide the same level of brutality.

But go ahead, smash A and expect to win in even the Battle Maison. Let us know how that works, since your 100% wins aren't going to happen.

He's a grumpy old grandpa that doesn't like the fact that most of the 150 in Gen 1 were fluff to make the Pokedex larger, while after SEVEN generations, there is a large variety of Pokemon to suit just about any play style.

swap RGBY with DP and rename stepping stone tier to "Nostalgia"
also rename bad tier to "Disgusting casual fest"

>Ingame items that restore HP that you find maybe ONE of every other dungeon

Nigger, no.

Pokemon died on B/W2.

They were bad, but not as bad as the last gen ones.

Give me one (1) good reason why they couldn't implement challenge mode again like they did in BW2.

Just as said.
>What is Goldenrod City?

well for one, because the way BW2 implemented it was beyond retarded
>it's only postgame
>and version exclusive

>Gen 3 starters
>no 10/10

Also

B2W2 > HGSS = Emerald > BW=Platinium >FRLG > XY

Despite my typo it's pretty obvious what I meant, and you can't buy PP restoring items in any pokemon game.

This, I mean shit they even went as far as giving them signature moves like blaze kick, muddy water and leaf blade.

I deliberately named it stepping stone because they're the first in a gen so they have some problems. However because of the problems they were able to fix it and made good games like Crystal, Emerald, and Plat.

Here's a mindblowing idea for you:

>Take challenge mode
>Let you toggle it at the beginning of the game

Truly a difficult fix to make.

>blaziken
>not a 0/10

I liked all the mechanical changes but I'm still pissed about this. Shit better get pay off.

It is indeed the absolute worst in the franchise. XY is one of the most boring, uninspired pieces of garbage I've ever played.
Megas are fine though.

Because people don't utilize the content, based on what Masuda said in regards to the lack of the Battle Frontier in ORAS. More people will play on easy and go for a light pace, as opposed to trying to play hard in serious in a series not intended for it.

It's just a waste of manpower to do all that tweaking and balancing for something maybe 10% of the players will do at the end of the day, meaning they rather focus on unique and challenging online tournaments to foster challenge for the players, as opposed to developing content that can take manpower and resources away from other aspects of the game, and add to development time

Well Einstein, they have to give an option to allow players to go down in difficulty if they reach a point that they can't handle, not to mention the moment players meet adversity these days, they drop the game and move on, usually resorting to trading it in towards a competitor's product.

And again, that shit doesn't balance itself, meaning at least an extra month or three of testers and designing formulas and algorithims for a part of the game that again, most players will barely touch.

>those moves
GOAT moves

>Giovanni wrecked shit with Horn Drill spam in Gen 1
Well considering horn drill in gen 1 was based on speed and Rhydon has a groundbreaking 40 base speed, you must have had a fucking awful party to get wrecked by it.

>We can all agree
No
Unless it's a massive circlejerk/hugbox you can't get any forum to "all agree" on anything

That said I agree with the rest of your post

The starter leaks are confirmed real famalam. Mallow and today's Passimian reveal sealed the deal on those. Firefags get cucked once again and I'm glad they did.

>Introduced megas
>a bad thing
Oh, I see. You're underage. Explains why you hate gen 6, which is objectively better than gen 4 or 5.

johto is the shittiest region, there is no disputing this

Everyone got cucked, user. Among baracat, e621bait and reddithoot, the starters seem to be shit once again.

Gen 4 > Gen 2 > Gen 6 >>>>>>>> Gen 3 > Gen 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dogshit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gen 5

Gen 7 looks like its gonna outdo them all though

>XY had genwun pandering out the ass
>SM looking like it's going to have genwun pandering out the ass
I just want some even distribution.

When was buttsex monkey shown in a leak?

What shit taste, everyone knows Gen V is the best.

This. Johto is barely half a region and the games managed to fuck over Kanto, which was a pretty solid region for what it was. Fucking johtoddlers are the worst.

ORAS is on par with the original R/S/E. Best games they've released.

Shittiest gen of games was B/W. So bad I had to skip B/W 2.

is there a chart somewhere listing the best generations or something? even a table with some pros or cons?

Megas are objectively the worst thing to happen to pokemon. You cannot disprove this.

>Talking shit about Hell Gato
How dare you

The chink leak that confirmed totem pokemon, no gyms, morelull and pyukumuku also said there was going to be a "rugby monkey". It also said that the starter evolutions are based on "an archer, a fighter and a siren", so they're pretty much confirmed at this point.

>pikachu's z-move

worthless baby pokemon like pichu is the worst thing to happen to pokemon

X/Y was okay but fucking hell ORAS was butchered shit

Reminder that they were too lazy to put the Battle Frontier in

That's why I said firefags were the ones that got cucked senpai. I actually like the evo, but it is the seventh bipedal fire starter, and might be the fourth Fire/Fighting starter.

Nah, they were saving it for Sun and Moon :^)

I want to fug him

Sources are pointing to it being Fire/Dark

It's Fire/Dark.

What happened to that starter typing leak from way back when the games were first announced, where the starter types were supposedly leaked as Grass/Ground, Fire and Water/Fairy? Seemed pretty reliable considering it was found in the official website's code.

>Worst starters
>Worst good Pokemon designs to bad Pokemon designs ratio (1 good pokemon to every 10 bad ones)
>Worst character designs, everyone looks like a Kingdom Hearts character
>Shitty deviantart story
>No postgame until B2/W2
>Worst sprites in the series after gen 1
>Weather wars
>Worst use of the bottom screen out of all the DS games, especially after Gen 4 nailed it on the first try
>Worst regional team
>Hard mode is only unlocked AFTER beating the game
>Black City/White Forest
>B/W lock you out of 450 established pokemon because they knew nobody would use their awful fakemon if they didn't

Gen 5 is a fucking abomination and B2/W2 being good doesn't make up for the absolute shitheap that was B/W. Even GF knew it was the worst, which is why they damage controlled the fuck outta the gen by cutting it short.

>Even GF knew it was the worst, which is why they damage controlled the fuck outta the gen by cutting it short.
Sounds like you're explaining Gen VI more than Gen V.

Why? No one gives a shit about gen 2 mon, they're almost all meh and only gets so much attention because muh Red and muh 2 regions.

There's evidence to suggest that the third stage is a heel fighter a la professional wrestling, especially with the bit about spitting acid in the leaked art as well as him bashing Pikachu over the head with a folding table. Dark types are meant to be villainous and underhanded, whereas Fighting types in the Japanese sense are more heroic and honest in their fighting. Fire/Dark makes a bit more sense.

>they damage controlled the fuck outta the gen by cutting it short

How's that Pokemon Z coming along :^)

>bipedal
oh no how awful that it might actually have access to decent coverage moves instead of getting fucked out of its movepool because it cant logically "punch"

I think it was something retarded like Grass/Ground, Fire, and Water/Fighting. Popplio's evo really seems to be the siren though, considering that it learns Disarming Voice at level 8 and it's card from the TGC has Sing. My guesses are Grass/Flying, Fire/___Dark and Water/Fairy.

It's probably that same fucker who made that chart higher up in the thread.

They cut gen 6 short because if they didn't, they wouldn't have been able to get sun and moon out for the 20th anniversary.
I don't even think Gen 6 is the best but its a whole hell of a lot better than Gen 5, even with the abortions that were OR/AS.

Here, I fixed it for you user.
I don't even like Gen VI

I'm talking from a design standpoint you faggot.

Gen 5 was such shit

>Le Gen 5 is bad
Every thread.

>Bipedal = Bad
Fuck off.

What's the matter, a Pokemon Z wouldn't have been good enough?

Or maybe it's because gen 6 was trash :^)

>Escavalier
>Bad
Shit taste desu

This has to be the worst bait ever

Because it's bad. Every thread.

For the 20th anniversary? No.
If gen 6 is trash then that makes gen 5 dumpster juice.

>Turning a cat into an anthropomorphic piece of shit is good
Yiff in hell furfaggot.

>Not liking Afrodeo, Discodeer or Lilligant
You get 2/10 respect points and that's only because you liked Joltik.

Not him, but honestly that final evolution is a far cry from his starting form, it just looks weird.

I legit never noticed the slowness. Pokemon games aren't exactly high octane shit.
I'd knock it for no fucking fire types, but I honestly find HGSS placing all these fucking Kanto pokemon in Joto and all these fucking Joto pokemon in Kanto a bigger piss off.
I mean oh thanks, level 18 Murkrow and Houndour in Kanto while my pokes are in their 50's. There goes my edge team.

Also Cynthia is a fucking ball buster, Lance gets raped by ice beam. Generally why I gotta call Plat > HGSS.

I feel like they should bring back the Pokemon follow thing, but applying it to all of them was a mistake. Should've restricted it to a solid chunk of pokes from each gen that are reasonably sized. Doesn't seem too unreasonable since GF already has all the models.

I liked Tauros 20 years ago before they slapped an afro on it and cut off two of its tails.
I like Bellossom 17 years ago before they stretched it out.
What is discodeer?

>tfw didn't like B/W so much that I skipped B2/W2

I'm currently playing it now and even on "normal" mode it's pretty decently challenging. the experience scaling in the game keeps it decent so you aren't overpowered by the time you reach gym leaders, atleast in my case. I had level 42's go up against Drayden's 45+ mons. I guess the not broken Exp. Share helps a bit.

Also, the music is pretty great.
youtube.com/watch?v=yOv9hZVxpbE
youtu.be/7pTFLxeg6tg
youtu.be/q4_Hyk8Sjic
youtu.be/r9zULU-C_WE

It's up there with gen IV. The games suffer when they move to new tech.

>Implying Lance is the final boss.
GS and its remakes are the only Pokemon games where I would say that the main game doesn't end with you becoming champion. If you consider that the ending point, then the game is pathetically short and honestly not that great.

They're definitely the most blatantly flawed.

Megas are cool, though. Shame SM is ignoring new ones in favor of what seems to be a pretty shitty super move gimmick.

You got tricked. B/W were gutter trash but B2/W2 were great. The music is the tops, too. Here's the best track btw
youtube.com/watch?v=Zoe2WBSfWMQ

At least it's better than whatever the fuck the popplio final evo is.
RIP Ballio

>Implying
BW technically end without you becoming the champion, unless you count post game.

>No response
I understand. It must be hard to defend actual literal dog feces like the Gen 5 pokedex.

image swap glitch happened, stupid.

>Balliofag
Fucking retard.

now that Litten is ruined (he turns into tony the tiger), what fire pokemon should I dump him for?

But you did become the champion.
>Alder is the champion
>N beats him, becomes champion
>You beat N, becoming champion
Sure, there's technically one more fight right after this, but it's more or less faithful to the pattern.

matamata

Sandalit

Ballio is far better than the fucking monstrosity that is popplio's final evolution. I never really thought Ballio was gonna make it in, but there's no denying how shit the siren thing is.

Except no, you're in Unova, not Kanto. That "beating the guy who beat the champion makes you the champion" shit doesn not fly here.

Also you don't get added to the official hall of fame until you beat Alder.

Never dropping my nigga arcanine. Been bros since gen1, although I have no idea who is filling out the rest of my team.

GRASS
Robingroot > Venasaur > Torterra > Chestnaught > Meganium > Sceptile >>> shit >>> Serperior

FIRE
Infernape > Hell Tigre > Typhlosion > Charizard > Blaziken >>>> Delphox >>> shit >>> Emboar

WATER
Feraligatr > Empoleon > Greninja > Blastoise > Swampert > Furmaid >>> shit >>> SHIT > FUCKING SAMUROTT FUCK YOU FOR RUINING THE OSHAWOTT LINE GOD FUCKING DAMN

Arcanine is a water type in gen 7.

post em

>too much humanoid
nigga not every pokemon has to be quadrupedal

>Pokémon opinions that I mostly agree with
>On fucking Cred Forums of all places

Amazing.
I am amazed.

youtube.com/watch?v=0uf1g6N4sKY

people like you are gonna be REALLY disappointed when you realize just how shit grass/flying is
like it might even be too shit for ingame unless it gets a sceptile-level stat spread

>edgy
>automatically a bad thing
Looks like someone just got out of Highschool.

But Gen 4 exists.

HG/SS were the best pokemon games every made so 4th gen is inherently no the worst

HOURLY REMINDER THAT HOENN IS THE WORST REGION, 3 WAS THE WORST GEN, AND HOENNBABBIES ARE WORSE CANCER THAN GENWUNNERS

There's edgy, and then there's a 13 year old's idea of cool "edgy".

Cred Forums is always talking about the later.

welp brb killing myself

>Grass
Torterra > Venasaur > Owl 3 > Chesnaught > Meganium > Sceptile > Serperior
>Fire
Delphox > Blaziken > Charizard > Typhlosion > Tiger 3 > Emboar > Infernape
>Water
Samurott > Feraligatr > Sea Lion 3 > Swampert > Empoleon > Blastoise > Greninja

They're all at the very least okay.

We know from the JP site plain old Arcanine is in the wild in SM.

True, but Gen II starters are neither.

I thought that too, but honestly Grass Flying actually cover each other shockingly well. With the right stats, a good hidden ability, and some fighting moves for coverage, it could be a real beast.

I'm completely aware of how shit the typing is. Hopefully since the starters are getting two final evos this gen it won't be so bad. Maybe it can get Grass/Dark or something. If not, at least it can probably learn some kick moves to cover Ice types.

They're shit, i don't know why you fags suck it dick so much.
>HM moves everywhere
>Most stone evolutions blocked
>No fun allowed: the game.

you dont know that yet

leakfags gtfo

XY is by far the most boring pokemon game I've ever played it even beat BW1

Alola looks fun as hell so I'm just going to enjoy the fact that the 3DS got a good pokemon game after all

It needed more content, the games seem so unfinished.
They had one job with ORAS, to reintroduce something like the Battle Frontier, and instead they just shoehorned in some silly post game story that nobody gave a fuck about.

>Hopefully they next feature they decide to leave behind are the Megas
They already left them behind

Regular Ninetales should be Fire/Ghost

The postgame had good parts, but the Frontier statue and the fucking Maison are a slap on the face. Fuck the Maison.

It's 10 PM, Unovabortion, its time for you and your non-arguments to go to bed.

>Grass ( the best line)
Venasaur > Torterra > Sceptile > Anthroshit Owl and Hedgehog> amazingly, Meganium is still worse >>> we don't talk about gen 5 starters

>FIRE
Charizard > Typhlosion >> literally Sun Wukong >>>>>>>> More disgusting Anthro furshit: Bird, Fox, and Tiger edition

>WATER
Blastoise > Empoleon > Swampert > Feraligatr > Greninja>>>>> Fuck you mermaids still count as furshit if it's half-seal

Gen 6 made Mawile good. It is one of the best Generations.

>gen1 starters first
Discarded.

>Literally everything the chinese leak has predicted has come true
It's happening, faggot.

Both 5 and 6 are trash and I'd argue that the latter is worse but I'll still take it over the former because it has Pangoro.

Typhlosion is pretty edgy user.

looks like a digimon

>Shedinja has more than 1 point in Defense and Sp. Defense
I'll never not be mad.

Except the Chinese leak never mentioned Alolan forms let alone water Arcanine.

fuck off

Why do gen fivers defend B/W so much?

>I judge pokémon games solely by the designs.

How is Gen IV not the absolute worst then?

I could be convinced to bump Torterra over Venasaur but other than that the list is truth.
Nothing is going to trump shoulder canons and a dragon.

Anyone who genuinely likes humanoid pokemon has shit taste and is likely degenerate.

b/w are okay but b2/w2 are 10/10

B/W is trash and overshadows how much better B2/W2 was.

Generations sold me on Probopass.

Was that post meant for someone else?

>polish
Yeah, running at 5 FPS makes it clear that the devs put a lot of time into the game'a polish.

Lilligant is a better Pokemon than Bellossom, and Tauros a shit.

Sawsbuck is 10/10 and would be 11/10 if it could actually learn Headbutt to abuse the fuck out of Serene Grace.

Nothing has confirmed the starters are getting split evos and both of the credible leaks only mention one form for each. If you want to cite Rockruff and the starters "sharing a secret", Corocoro never actually said that, just that Rockruff has "a secret", and right after that, "by the way," the starters have "a surprising secret".

It's possible though, we'll see.

remember when the legendary pokemon didn't look like some retarded thing off of a yugioh card?

every legendary after gen2 has been shit

Except Alolan forms were the first thing it predicted, and it has already been right about Rattata.

talk shit about giratina my nigga he's based

Eh. Maybe if you browse any deviant art shitter's page. I'll admit it's easier to draw him as so.

DICKS OUT FOR HARAMBE!

>introduced 3d models so the main games finally battle like pokemon stadium
>introduced chara customization
>able obtain nearly every mon' with minimal trading, barring legendaries
>can pet your mons
>tm's are re-usable so you no longer have to worry about wasting unbuyable ones like before

only major crime was gimping the pokemon league. it's the best gen since hg/ss

Yeah they need to stop making these things so fucking cute.

yeah, but his theme is the right amount of edgy for me.
>the failing heartbeat monitor.
youtube.com/watch?v=iy4WUVI7Lrw

i love dr.zaius

>tm's are re-usable so you no longer have to worry about wasting unbuyable ones like before
That was introduced in Gen V dunkass

>probopass
>bug

Fuck no, did you even play last gen?

White and Black were fucking awful. Only good thing that Gen gave us was big booty Hilda.

>Fairy
>XYZ

Coincidence?
I think not

Actually it's an A-N-G-E-L.

If he's no available in Sun/Moon then they are shit.

>Gen 4 designs
>Anything but GOAT
>Drifblim
>Infernape
>Torterra
>Empoleon
>Luxray
>Roserade
>Rampardos
>Bastiodon
>Vespiquen
>Floatzel
>Cherrim
>Gastrodon
>Mismagius
>Honchkrow
>Skuntank
>Bronzong
>Spiritomb
>Garchomp
>Lucario
>Hippowdon
>Drapion
>Toxicroak
>Abomasnow
>Weavile
>Magnezone
>Mamoswine
>Porygon-Z
>Togekiss
>Leafeon
>Glacion
>Galliade
>Probopass
>Dusknoir
>Rotom

Gen 4 had amazing designs you faggot
>

I LOVE YOU DR. ZAIUS

I'm pretty sure you're thinking about the "real leaks" leak, not the Chinese leak.

Well you see, I intentionally put Probopass there as a statement.
Actually I'm just retarded and I assumed that was the steel spot without looking.

Almost everyone from that list is average at best or completely disgusting.

I know Pokemon games are not meant to be difficult, but the sheer level of hand holding is horrific in these games.

Just to test it out, in Y during the final Rival fight I decided to just spam Leech Seed and only Leech Seed to see how many pokemon I could defeat with my Venesaur. I defeated three pokemon just by mashing Leech Seed over and over again. She was even using pokemon with SE moves against me like Flareon but just used Bite or other stupid ass moves.

The ONLY challenge in the generation would be fighting Stephen's Mega Metagross in ORAS. And that's it.

Shit taste.
Lemme guess, you like either gen 3's mega man designs or gen 5's fakemon designs the best?

Gen 6 actually

They were Pokemon games. As good as the series can be, and as bad. If you think there has been any worse or better games, your autism is blinding you.

if going by design blaziken ruins it and you know it. Even if you like the pokemon it does look fucking weird.

they are really easy.

the solution is obvious: challenge mode. black2/white2 had a challenge mode that changed the game in a positive way. it added extra pokemon to every gym trainer's party and it gave the trainer's smarter AI so it was harder to cheese them.

unfortunately

1) they stopped including this feature in the newer games

2) for some reason, the challenge mode doesn't unlock by default. you have to beat the game on easy just to play the game on the non-piss easy setting.

Easily my least favorite gen. Can't believe Hoenn's chance at being remade was wasted on such a lame effort.

First Pokemon games that I didn't finish.

They're shit.

I'm hopeful for Sun & Moon.

i haven't played XY or ORAS yet so idk why people say they're bad

Excessive hand holding and no post game.

Post teams

All the games are shit and too easy. Pick your favorite region and find a romhack that rebalances the game.

Casuals think they're hot shit, pick hard mode, then cry when they can't beat it. Gotta put it behind a wall to make sure they don't pick it before they get bored.

Fucking kill me.

Because they're wasted potential.

It feels like the whole thing was just a beta for Sun & Moon

In my recent X run I had Diantha's Hawlucha one-shot my Slurpuff and Shauna's Goodra the same to my Dragalgae.

In general though it was even easier than usual. I don't personally give a fuck though, I like RPG's that are easy in a "it's easy to blow everything away in a flash" sort of way, and that's probably why I like Pokemon maingame.

that card is disgusting

Other than tons of improvements to connectivity, accessibility to serious competitive aspects, and sheer amount of Pokemon to catch without trading, XY probably has the least amount of optional content since the original RS. Then ORAS ignores pretty much every Emerald addition and what it does add itself is a mixed bag. The games also run pretty poorly, any battles except singles runs like trash and singles with 3D on is even worse than the others.

They're also most likely the easiest titles in the series even ignoring how easy it is to accidentally get overleveled, with only the original RB maybe being on the same tier.

So reason with me. What are the chance that after Sun and Moon, Gamefreak goes "jk, that was just a test drive and we'll go back to the same old shit we were doing before"

And the next gen is the same as X and Y except with a Rotomdex

all the things that couldve been cool were shit because trainers arent allowed to have more than 3 pokemon at once
basically no side dungeons/missions aside from the looker shit in xy
postgame was literally nothing but "catch legendaries" or "play through this shitty not-battle tower thats still designed to cheat if you do too well"
etc

basically just in general they do a terrible job making "elite" trainers feel like they arent just posturing toddlers, and when not doing that the only way they know to make the game feel more difficult is by altering the way the rng functions to reroll disadvantageous outcomes when rolled by the ai

wait until you see the support

Probably gonna end up being Popplio, Bewear, Vikavolt, Sensu Oricorio, Bounsweet, and Alolan Ninetales.

>We can all agree this is undoubtedly THE shittiest gen, if not at least one of the worst, right?

It doesn't matter. All pokémon after #151 are shit. I've never seen a good one.

youtube.com/watch?v=m8lfI66T5II

Here's the trailer if you missed it. Rockruff's night form and personality looks better in-game.

whats, this chopped liver?

>those cardboard cutouts for the Eeveelutions

What about evolutions like Crobat or Steelix?

>not including gen V
FINALLY someone with good taste!

not bad

Gen 2 evolutions were good
Gen 3 preevolutions were fine. There were only like two anyway
Gen 4 evolutions were half good, half bad. Some didn't really mesh with their previous evolved forms. Like, Rhypherior looks nothing like Rhydon.
Gen 6 only had one "new" evolution, and Sylveon is fine. Megas are mostly okay, though I can see why everyone hates them

Just wish Eevee had some more evolutions. Like a Steel one named Basteon or something. And make Leafeon evolve by a Leaf Stone. Because we already have too many damn methods of evolution.

i like kingdra and espeon and umbreon and such

Has no one noticed that you can customize your backpack/purse now?

X/Y were rather pedestrian. I thought ORAS were a lot of fun, though. Regardless, everyone's going to have their preference, so it is what it is.

Gen 4 (Platinum + HGSS) > Gen 3 (Emerald + FRLG) > Gen 5 (BW2)

Gens 1, 2 and 6 dont have any exceptional games unlike the other gens

>thought out honest critiq
>not just "it's good and bad just cuz"

i mostly agree minus empoleon and monotype gen2 limitations. i always felt like starters should be limited and plain of the typing cuz they're just starters and you should find more complex powerful things as the game progresses.

not bad/10

Rowlett and Vikavolt so far.

B/W = HG/SS > R/S > D/P > FR/LG > X/Y

Depends on how people respond to it.

no matter how good it is it's going to sell less than XY, just like BW sold less than DP despite being a million times better.

As long as it's good that's all that matters to me. If another XY happens in Gen 8, I'll steer clear, because the last three years made not want to touch anything in this franchise unless I know exactly what I'm getting.

BW was awful though, literally made so a new generation of kids could learn pokemon

Fuck you. BW had to happen to be the Gen I to B2/W2's Gen II.

How was B/W awful user?

this i will accept, too bat my ds died before i could play it.

need to emulate it again

>>Cred Forums

cuck

>tfw your favorite pokemon is consistently high tier.

This fucker always brings a smile to my face, even if we only saw it on the hands of that bitch Misty. Maybe I'll use one for Sun/Moon

i will never understand people who defend torterra

he looks like absolute shit.

feraligatr is also incredibly overrated. He's boring as all fuck.

I've never played gen 5 so I can't give it a fair rating.

It looks cool as does Sceptile. What are you talking about? It's Swampert that's looks weird.

Can we just be honest and while Gen5's improvements were nice, Unova being a straight line and doing the gyms TWICE was boring as shit?

Like, I got tired of the campaign the first time, making me redo it AGAIN in B/W2 for a story conclusion (and some more stuff like contests) was dumb as fuck.

Unova itself doesn't help replays when it's just like FF13. "Press Forward to Story/Unlock!" ZZzzzzzzz.

I'd say it's on the level with Gen 3 for being a bad generation, but I wouldn't put it as "shit/trash" just dumb decisions that didn't make it fun to play.

Do... Do people consider Platinum great, too? I thought it was unpopular to like that one. I mean, I love it, but you know.

Sceptile is cooler than Venusaur. Venusaur is a fat ugly toad.

>he looks like absolute shit
Well I think he looks pretty cool user. Looks are subjective.

Torterra fans are just extreme contrarians. Its design is boring. Literally a quadruped reptile with a plant on its back just like Venu and Meg. How original.

I'll be glad when SM come out and I never have to touch Gen 6 again. Everything was awful, the only enjoyment I got was watching Ashnimefags have their dreams crushed after hyping up their shitty show for three years with "it's good now I swear, he's going to win this time!"

Ever heard of a Shamo

i used to be ranked top 10 on both official shoddybattle and smogon servers in gen iv with this team
>lead infernape
>SD lucario
>scarfed celebi
>hustle togekiss
>DD salamence
>forgot last pokemon, but it was something offensive

how will it fair now? i've been only playing in-game stuff since mid-gen iv

I assert that each generation has gotten better, even if they do take a few backsteps while doing so.

>Workable online infrastructure
>Able to make a competitive team without cheating
>Friend Safari / DexNav
>ridiculous amounts of Pokemon available in each game
>Pokemon Amie is super cute
>ORAS Super Secret Bases are rad
>Mega Evolutions help Pokemon like Mawile not totally suck

The only things it is lacking are compelling rivals and Battle Frontier, and honestly the Pokemon GL is way better than the Battle Frontier ever was. I'll take themed tournaments with rankings, statistics, etc. over a bunch of alternate rulesets where only a few are actually interesting.

The rivals still suck, though.

>too easy
>shit story
>lack of post game content

Other than that they're good. Even though Gen IV and V are objectively better games, I find Gen VI far more enjoyable. I think it's the customisation. Pokemon amie and the jump to 3D that does it for me. All other Pokemon games feel dated compared to X and Y.

Megas are a cool mechanic, competitive fags can go fuck themselves

In my opinion, megas were good in concept. However, it enabled to some faggotry like Mega Kanga's powerup punch. We also needed less mega starters and more things like mega beedrills.

Don't get me wrong, some Megas are inherently OP, but that doesn't mean they should be scrapped entirely like some of the /vp/ autists want.

I like the idea of trainers having these super boss Pokemon that can fuck shit up. Also as you said, making weak pokemon viable is another good use. Loved using Mega Sableye in ORAS.

X/Y is probably my favorite gen since II, fuck the haters.

Why is it your favorite gen user?

good gen good games

Why is it a good gen user?
I'm the same guy as the post above you. I want to know why you say it's a good game.

gen 5 was horrible

>"making fire starters bipedal for the 7th time in a row is a bad idea"
>"JOO SHAID BIPEDAL bAD?????"

Fuck off furfag.

DP is too slow nearly unplayable.

What makes you say that user?

At least these games have a somewhat nice online experience.
Fuck the battle frontier. literally filler content.

He's still mad that a PokeAmerican is CHAMPION OF THE ENTIRE WORLD.

>Play competitve
>Like gen 6
How is this even possible ?
Is this a bait?

HGSS sucked but I agree with you otherwise.

Megas are pretty great. However, what they should have done, was made them exclusive to underpowered pokemon that actually needed the boost.

>only accessible after you've cleared everything else in the game
>filler

Filler is something you put in the middle of a game to pad things out between major events. The Frontier is postgame content.

And if I want to play against other people I'll use Showdown.

>Le Gen VI is bad meme

I disagree.
I thought that X/Y was a breath of fresh air after Gen V, though I admit that OR/AS was sightly disappointing.

>le OR/AS are bad XD meme
They just should have used Emerald as a base and not R/S, that's the only major flaw. HG/SS were essentially Crystal remakes, OR/AS should have followed suit.

OR/AS has the best bottom-screen features to date. Everything from X/Y, the map and the dexnav. Trainer rematches are more convenient than ever, just wait 5 minutes. Secret bases are back. Online play is the best it's been in any game. It's just light on post-game content for casuals who don't battle other players, the frontier really should have been included as Emerald was the game it debuted in.

you should. its pretty good.

What's so good about Gen VI? I found it nothing but a disappointment, everything in it was done worse than in past games, except the Pokémon designs, they were almost entirely great.

Even the "breath of fresh air" comment doesn't make sense to me because XY has the more pandering to past games (Genwun and Lucario) than any other game in the franchise, while Gen V, for better or worse, did something unheard of with its "only new Pokémon are allowed" gimmick and bigger focus on narrative.

>didn't pay any attention to Gen 6
>picked up Y
>decided on grass starter because it's my favorite type
>tfw Chespin
>tfw Quilladin
>tfw Chesnaught

>le worshipping neopettier pokemans

faggot

Go bitch about genwunners on Redddit

t. garchomp beeyotch.

Your broken, brainded sand fish got nerfed. get over it and kys

Not a genwunner desu

X and Y had some of the best Pokemon designs since the franchise started. It also had some of the worst ever, and cancer Megas. I was really hoping they'd continue and expand on the first trend and it almost looked like it when they revealed the new starters, but everything else since then has been unrecoverable and unredeemable shit and it makes me wonder what happened.

It wasn't as bad as Gen 4.

This is a rating that I agree with.

Fuck you Nigger, I love that penguin.