Final Fantasy xiv

>You there, yes you my friend.
>You look like a interesting and strong fellow.
>Would you like to help join the ala mhigo resistance? I am sure our god Rhalgr the destroyer would be pleased.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HUXck-0vh5k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This game sucks.

So are dragoons really an awful first class to choose or is it a meme to say that

hey play what you want, if it looks interesting then play it. Not playing it because what people say is a meme.

try it out, have fun, fail at something, consider the class might not be for you, play another class, realize you made a mistake, go back to class, have fun, try harder

It's a good DPS class to pick first. You won't feel brain numbed from trying to get Blood for Blood which is pretty much a needed crosskill for every single other DPs class.

WE

DRG is good, but you pretty much just spam impulse drive for the first two dozen levels or so after you get it while weaving in Heavy Thrust / that blood spear thing

Did you already blow through the piddly amount of content in legion and cancel your wow sub

*nods*

WUZ

The meme is drgs and aoes

Only 2 MMOs have ever existed amirite?

ALANIGGERS

yea runescape and catgirl runescape

I haven't played since first month after ARR released. How is WAR?

N SHIIEET

essential tier along with sch

really good

there's also dark knight now, which is also really good

paladin is really good still too, just for different reasons that aren't related to doing damage

Did it overtake PLD or are they also needed?

I chose it as my first class two weeks ago. I have no idea if I'm doing well in dungeons, but I know I'm having an easier time than my Archer friend while questing. On the other hand, my Archer friend has been received commendations from most of their dungeon groups, while I only just got my first one a couple days ago. You should do it.

Just dodge the orange circles and you're good

everything overtakes paladin now

it depends on the content as well as the context

PLD has an over-abundance of physical mitigation and a brain-dead rotation so it's good for learning fights and getting shit on by tankbusters and stuff as far as raiding goes

once people figure out what they're doing they usually do a WAR/DRK comp though

I wish more people played as Highlander's, hopefully 4.0 will makes them stand out.

>wanting more mhiggers
Isn't eorzea fucked up enough

>cant have b4b and ir active at the same time or I steal aggro from pld as a nin
They have a hard life

They're gonna try summoning one of the Twelve again aren't they? They're going to create a primal image of one of the true fucking gods.

New Umbral era soon please.

>economy taken over by lalafells
>cats are used exclusively for breeding
>pope lies to people for thousands of years while the vault priests rapes elezen children
>ala mhigo hyurs are slaves to garleans and being trained to be Gil spammers

Yes Eorzea is a fucked up world

Nice to see after dealing with all the Paladin shitposting at release claiming they were the be all end all of tanking.

Why the fuck are stormfront goons playing this game

sorry, catgirls only with retarded cat pun names

Oh cool it's the villain from Fable

after you get shadewalker it doesn't matter tho

>he still thinks the Twelve actually exist
Menphina, the moon, was revealed to actually be Zodiark's corpse months ago.

It's funny because highlanders are the african amercians of FF14

Let the ingrates rot in caves.

nigga everyone at launch was dumb as shit and didn't have gear either

that being said WAR got a lot of reworks and they actually have a few defensive CDs now outside of foresight so there's that

Menphina isn't supposed to be the actual fucking moon you mong.

Is it worth coming back or is no one doing the super early late game stuff any more? Is it even worth doing or can you skip to new shit?

She's the goddess of the moon, and considered to be the actual moon just like moon deities in real life are. Dalamud was also considered to be her loyal watchdog always by her side.

I play my dark knight extremely aggressive which leads to high damage output while I still retain my tanking capabilities.

To achieve this maximim efficiency, dark knights are the most involved tanking job in the game.

This is it, boys.
This is the patch that will finally make AST cards good and fun.
IT'S DEFINITELY GOING TO HAPPEN THIS TIME

people do it, but you'll have to sit in queue for a little while most likely

3.4 has even more old content recycling promised so it might be a good time to start if you're really interested

aw so cute, he has hope for AST

I fucking read it in his voice

even if they overbuff AST to shit it won't get rid of SCH's place though

all they'll be doing is displacing WHM

>wasting button presses in things that increase deeps

>It's a "Masked Man Leads a Revolution" storyline

t. darkie

it's an instant cast oGCD you fucking mong

do it pre-pull if you're really concerned about it

>Not loving it.

This video is still relevant and I highly recommend watching it, the same playstyle techniques can be applied to all tanking jobs.

youtu.be/HUXck-0vh5k

Found the pldcuck
I'm sorry war and drk don't need help to do their jobs

I would lose my shit if WAR got a gap closer in 4.0

>implying
goad pls
don't adlo/SS it hurts my dps

>economy taken over by lalafells
Who would run it better faggot? Midlanders?

>inb4 Raubahn becomes the primal form of Rhalgr in some way shape or form during the Expansion

>would this race that is literally the glue that holds everything together run it better than greedy little potato jews that people only give a fuck about because of their money
Name one good lalafell, it's impossible

Lolorito. Read the side stories, fag. He's literally a hero.

The secretary. I forget her name.

I have a theory about him being a blue mage

I'm willing to resub and give this game another real shot since I didn't really like it the first time. Anyone have any server suggestions?

Are you ready to buy 3.5 crafted gear :3c

Don't you mean 3.4?

>hero
>gotta protect muh status quo and gil
Sultana is still a retard but that doesn't make him a hero

Oops ;3c

>buying
>not making it yourself

>saves the Sultana's life
>prevents a Garlean invasion
>funds the retaking of Ala Mhigo
>hands over Teledji's entire estate and half of his own to the Sultana and tells her to nut up and act like a fucking leader for once
>not a hero

>Illberd LITERALLY pretending to be Theodred

Holy shit when do we get to kill him already?

>implying he isn't the lost prince and has gone mad with revenge

dragoon is a good class, meme because there are tons of bad dragoon players. Want to say 90% of dragoons are bad, 10% are good.

>protects own interests saving sultana
>makes her further indebted to her by giving her the money of a potato whose death he orchestrated
>manipulates potato queen to act in away that benefits him

Shrewd but not heroic
Potatos can't be heroes

Never, he's going to get some shitty redemptive moment and sacrifice himself for the greater good I bet

Hope his mask is dyeable.

>smug little cunt during entire story line, gets knocked out from a stick to the head, does nothing herself
Yeah, lalas are the worst

Lolorito currently owns Omega Weapon's resting place by proxy. That does NOT make him a hero by anyone's merit.

i wanted to angry fuck this bitch

What? If you mean Theodoric, that's literally the worst possible move he could make. Theodoric was a batshit insane despot who was universally hated. He beheaded everyone close to him, including his wife, for fear of assassination. He outlawyed Rhalgr worship, executed Order 66 on the monks, and paved the way for Garlemald.

No, the Carteneau Reclamation Bill never went through, and even if it had the Sultana now owns all of Teledji's assets.

shit when did runescape have catgirls

>tfw you will never literally split lalas in half with your big roe dick

>tfw no secret tryst with Estinen during our travels

Though granted, he was probably constantly suppressing nidnog's influence.

>implying the Masketta Man isn't Gaius

LALAS WANT OUGHT ELSE BUT TO SEE YOU SUFFER

AROUND LALAS, NEVER RELAX

I still haven't found out what this hat skin is and that annoys me

>implying he wasn't boning Ysayle at every possible juncture

I forget the name but it's the lvl 15 mage hat from the early dungeons

Theodoric killed himself like a coward.

Theodred theoretically survived according to Erik. Nothing has been added to his information since and without that content being brought up in the game's cutscenes we don't have much to go on.

Felt Cavalier's Hat. You can find it right on the market board.

>Making one of the twelve a Primal

I'm not sure if i want this. The Twelve have always been seen as deities of positive outlooks on life and Rhalgr is depicted commonly as a dweeb wizard with a magic stick.

that doesn't have the feather

>implying shinryu won't show up to awaken omega then shit hits the fan

I only recently hit HW stuff.
Holy fuck, I hate these new VAs.

>Rhalgr is depicted commonly as a dweeb wizard with a magic stick.
>deities of positive outlooks on life
So you actually know nothing about the Twelve then? Rhalgr is an angry wizard and his title is the Destroyer. One of the Archons during the Sixth Umbral Era was such a bloodthirsty, powerful bastard that he was said to be Rhalgr in the flesh. The Twelve are not all nice and cheery.
Also, we're getting a primal of Azeyma next week. Sophia is a primitive version of her from the days of Meracydia.

>not playing in jap from the start

>tfw lalafell fuckbuddy of mine wore her outfit and made me rape her

Ilberd has the same freaking voice actor as the guy in the trailer in all languages

Ilberd and Gaius both also shared Richard Epcar as a voice actor in ARR. Just saying.

Meme I level'ed a Dragoon as my first class and I loved the shit out of it.

Gaius and Ilberd are the same people, he only showed up Gaius ""died""" after all.

Gaius was a pure Garlean and Ilberd has no third eye.

we never saw Gaius without his helmet

Elezen 4 lyfe

>Roe second best
>Followed by Hyur
>Lala whatever
>Cat and lizard share bottom space

No, but if you look at his helmet you'll see he has the camera or whatever it is on the forehead. Every pureblood Garlean, including nameless Centurions, has one there.

>any race but highlander being the best

>gauis pretending to be illberd pretending to be the prince of ala mihgo

i would lose my shit

Only ishgardian elezen are worth a damn
Gridanians are shit tier only above potatos

Duskwight detected, go back to your cavern.

>poor fucks that don't want to do an honest day's work and would rather beg and steal
>best
Mhigger please

>potatoes above anyone
They're bottom of the barrel trash just like cats and lizards

i'll do something heretic in you're butt you fucking cocktease

for real though we all know that brown cats>everything else
right?

well yeah

if you were a non-Garlean pretending to be a Garlean to the point where you're in command of a legion, wouldn't you want to make every effort to appear as Garlean as possible?

Ubermensch cats > shitskin erper cats

Literal pile of shit > any cat

Did he always keep his helmet on around everyone?

t lalascum or special snowflake

Didn't they say they were going to remake this game? Played it for a bit and I can see why people hated it all those years ago.

>Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood
Yes, please

REMINDER THAT GAIUS ORIGINALLY CONQUERED ALA MHIGO BY COVERTLY TURNING THE POPULACE AGAINST THE KING

Is rep for FFXIV shared amongst classes or do you need to grind rep for them each individually ?

gaius did literally nothing wrong

>rep
What, like reputation with the beast tribes?

shared, individual rep per class would be ridiculous

Welp that settles that then back to FFXIV . WoW fags say how Legion is far less grindy then FFXIV yet thats bullshit.

I mean the class grind jn WoW isn't nearly as bad as in FFXIV

Oh yes. I would know, I am one.

Shit covered cats spraying vomit from one end and diarrhea out the other > potato jews
Every other race is better

>he believes the jew potato propaganda

lol

Yea but you experience new classes which keep the game fresh as to where you grind your eye balls out in Legion with your alt only(with no offspecing because artifact)

>we wuz gud hard working bois
>we don't just sit around clogging the streets of uldah
That's why limsa is the best starting city, ishgard shits all over them though

>our citizens get kidnapped for pirate rape everyday
>good

Sure user

>which keep the game fresh
if only

>class grind
You what? xp may as well rain down from the skies these days

Yes, and it's still better than uldah

The king was also fucking insane.

Idk man I've gone to dozens of different classes and I enjoy them all in their own way.

Sure grinding the same snail slow dungeons are crap but atleast the XP is good

Nah I find Ul'dah better since I have hope now that Nanamo has more than enough funds to help the refugees.

Also of course Limsa doesn't have much bad things known about it since it is not even focused as much as Ul'dah was. Hell, the leaders of Limsa and Gridania always meet up in the royal room in Ul'dah.

All the HW gear looks dumb

well where else would they meet, the Admiral's office? Or a fucking tree?

I switched to jap from like level 5, decided to check out a cutscene in English during HW, and it was just fucking unbearable. The tone is completely different, and the VAs just suck.

What's wrong with a tree?

>still need to beat t13 before 3.4
>and to do that I need to beat t9
>but my fc is kind of inactive in the runup to the patch
just let me die

>limsa and gridania cant afford a large table and chairs

How can they even compete

I really wish the game would gate players behind T9 synced to keep shitters out of end game raiding.

>being too antisocial to bother putting up your own PF for unsynch run for free tomes and clear

Ah, yes. Gating on 2-3 year old content of a lower level cap will surely fix things for the current meta, where Yoshi went on record stating someone with BiS for 3.2 will be able to have a good chance of clearing the last bit of Alex Savage in 3.4

>putting up your own PF
I'm on Mateus

Making content easier for shitters isn't the answer. And I was talking Pre nerf T9.

Yes it is.

So? With ilvl average likely being 220ish now for most players still playing, it would just take a healer and either a tank or DPS to clear the content, since people can just skip to T5/T9/T13 for fast clears.

Another option is to make a post in advance on the official forums to raise hype

Shitters are the ones keeping the game afloat, user. The clear rates showcase that nobody but a select set of players care about running the raid content, and it is becoming laughable at how much outcry the tiny raiding population has when the game doesn't convert to their whims.

Meanwhile, most people will be content to run their dailies and level up, and just take new content as it comes, instead of trying to feel like a badass over content that forever has an experiation date with the gear treadmill currently in the game.

so about a third of the server is already in my FC

>The clear rates showcase that nobody but a select set of players care about running the raid content
after a3s happened
they just needed to make something like coils again

>muh 1.0
>muh bahamut
>muh special snowflake status that only I can access
>muh louisoix

But T13 had about a 10% clear, with most people stuck behind T5 and unable to progress due to the content being above their skill level, since ilvl never allowed players to bypass mechanics until unsync came about.

The Creator for Alex sounds like a return to coil, where it is more about the personal skill versus a number game against DPS and ilvls.

best race when?

nigga Coil is some of the best content in the game

Fuck you, Rhalgr's will burns through me and I'm gonna use the primal energy of the idea of the Warrior of Light to become a fucking stand or whatever.

>But T13 had about a 10% clear
That's much much better than what we have now, with barely anyone outside of a hardcore bunch interested in touching savage

i agree but i am tired of hearing it

Never, since we're the minority to the point of obscurity.

Qiqrin had me excited for a mouse / rat race since XI, but never going to happen with SE, since they feel players won't identify and only want to look pretty

The game also had a higher population count back then. The game isn't in great shape these days, since there is backlash from what the fans want and what Yoshi puts out.

It is really telling when he is telling players it is A-OK to not play the game and do other things, and he's actively easing newer content to maximize the amount of people that will play it.

Shit MMO, shit thread.

Let's not joke around, the only Highlanders worth a shit are the player character and Raubahn.

I'm waiting for the actual Ala Mhigo content to reveal that it's actually canon that Mhigans are just generally bad people.

Man. Everquest 2 was alright. But I really wish something more modern and half-decent would let me be a cool rat person.

The only major MMO I know of that has multiple races that are distinct is WoW, since nobody can really deny that XIV's races are similar due to keeping the model rigs the same to keep things streamline for gear development.

It just seems such a waste that devs allow players to enter these fantasy worlds where any and everything is possible, then force us to be boring ol humans (or humans cosplaying in the case of most of XIV's cast)

Guild Wars 2 has two hella distinct races

Anyone who thinks the grinds in WoW are better than the FFXIV grind hasn't played nearly enough WoW.

I could never get into wow, but i do like the look of the worgens. pandas seem alright too.

we're never getting bangaa. Just let it go and move on.

>not even best ivalice race

Ivalice moogles are fucking disgusting. Bangaa are literally the best.

They should just get it over with by now, since most of the XIV team are also members of the Ivalice alliance, and people have clamoured for ages to have Ivalice in MMO form.

The fact that it is 2016 and SE STILL hasn't allowed for playable Moogle in their games seems so odd.

>Second sexiest race after burmecians
>disgusting

>it's a furry pretends his opinions matter episode

>playable Moogle
one meme race is enough
I don't need flying furry lalas everywhere

People who have clamored for Ivalice in MMO form obviously don't actually love the setting all that much, if they want it watered down into a shell of itself to grind in.

>playable Moogle in their games

user.

But XII was fine.

Not as bad as DRK.

It was great

shut up Varis, your hat is stupid

He needs to eat more and/or stop getting plastic surgery to enhance those cheek bones.

Anyone else expecting him to be wiped out due to the Warring Triad plotline?

Behold, dragoons in their natural state

Do you have a theory about him being a blue mage?
Or did you hear about it from Merri?

how do you even die in Ramuh hard?

There was another npc in 11 with the same name and title so it isn't so much as a theory

Are you doing this on purpose with you Tonberry shitter?

Dumbassaes love to get in front of him for who knows why

ain't my fault m8, if you look closely, the sprout tank spun him around and cleaved everyone with something.

I wouldn't be surprised if Regula pulls a Kefka and kills him

Point taken. Thought you were doing some epic memery shit from your post.

Is this the most shilled game on Cred Forums right next to Neptunia threads?

>tfw you get made fun off for being a WoWfugee
It's just not fucking fair bros, who cares if this is my first and only FF? What the fuck is a Relm and where do I get it? I can't stand the teasing.

>letting on that you're a WoWfugee
your fault to begin with user, but wouldn't that place you at an advantage since FF is a WoW clone?

I played back in 2.1/2.2 and I like the game; didn't have any friends to play with though so I only played for a couple months. I was interested in trying Heavensward but by buddy told me I needed to do like 20 hours of story quests just to unlock the expansion content. Is that true? And if so, what the fuck?

yes it is true

the story quests lead directly into the HW story

I don't think it's actually 20 hours, but the content is pretty fun

Those story missions also ram XP down your mouth

>hit level 46
>suddenly the next story quest is level 49

Come up with million dollars idea to make dungeon run more fun.

You have to make a deal with Strago Magus

There is 2 sidequest chains in the Waking Sands. They won't get to you 49 though.

Enjoy AV or NThan fates.

just you wait until you're in HW and the next story quest is 2 million XP away

>Enter AV
>3 leafs

Out oh the way!

True heir coming through!

You can get 80% of a level per day with level 50, leveling and trial roulette exp at 50+.

Was it ever foreshadowed anywhere that Yda is related to the Mhiggan?

she's a highlander pugilist, that's a pretty big hint

She's a midlander.

Nothing concrete. Just fan theory that she may be royal blood that was sneaked out before shit hit the fan and was raised to keep her identity hidden until the time was right.

She's retarded she probably is a mhigger, they're not all highlander.

Maybe 2nd and 3rd coil is better but I just ran t1-5 the other night and holy shit was it bad.

>t1 is okay but mostly forgettable, boss is just a tank split
>t2 is just kill all the shit and kill the boss, or wait 15 minutes for an enrage then kill the boss
>t3 is literally just falling down a hole
>t4 is an elevator
>t5 is just instant death mechanics for things that are barely telegraphed but otherwise easy shit

CT so far has been a significantly better experience, even with retards in WoD

>Second Coil, Turn 4

Dear lord.

You can faceroll every turn up to T8 with echo and unsynced gear but that shit won't save you from any of the instant-wipe mechanics in T9.
And there are a lot of them.