Sonic Mania to have more Classic than New Levels

>The official Sonic Twitch held a stream today. Takashi Iizuka and Hoshino had made special guests appearances on the stream. Although there wasn’t much, we did learn one new thing about Sonic Mania: the ratio of levels. It was revealed that there will be more classic levels than new levels.

>source: TSSZNews.com

Other urls found in this thread:

tssznews.com/2016/09/20/iizuka-on-sonic-twitch-stream-sonic-mania-will-have-more-classic-levels-than-new-ones/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cute pic.

Todgemaru

Source, in case anyone was curious.

tssznews.com/2016/09/20/iizuka-on-sonic-twitch-stream-sonic-mania-will-have-more-classic-levels-than-new-ones/

Disappointing but unsurprising.

do you guys realize you make every good and fun game look like a piece of trash?
you exaggerate every single the game has and then you talk about it for months until everyone see video games as something uninterested and depressive. You are self-destructive people and Cred Forums is the worst board of Cred Forums

>every single little problem

Well that's disappointing.
Even Green Hill's new underground part doesn't make it as good as Studiopolis.

Fucking why
Studiopolis looks so fucking fantastic, why do they have to do this shit
I knew Sonic Mania had to be too good to be true, I fucking knew it

Whoa whoa whoa.

Hold on there user.

I'm just fucking annoyed that this is the route SEGA is (most likely) forcing the indie team to do.

what the fuck? why does sega always fuck everything up?

>another bag of nostalgic wank material because sega says so
was a new 2D Sonic with new levels too much to ask for

yeah, but if it's like 4 to 5, who the fuck cares really

Clearly. And so is a new 3D Sonic without classic Sonic also tacked on.

inb4 Mania only has 6-8 zones because "nostalgia"

shut the fuck up Nintendrone

Whitehead said he's even sick of the Green Hill clones. It's probably inferred that SEGA didn't have enough faith in the project unless this thing had more old pandering for nostalgiafags than necessary.

They didn't have enough faith that Mania would sell.

Fucking faggots.

>Sky Sanctuary will have TWO new alternate paths
>WHOAAAAA

that's right go... based OP

segacucks BTFO

>Sega hires 3 fans to make a Sonic game

Imagine saying this to shareholders. You have to give them a safe test. Have them making 4-5 stages and seeing the public reaction. You just don't give a whole new game for them to make.

ALSO we all knew it would be 50/50 best case scenario. Let's say we have 70% old stages 30% new stages I'm happy with it.

Then what we have to do is buy Mania and make it sell extremely well so that they give Taxman and his team more freedom in a sequel.

I don't mind the classic zones too much but my mouth just waters much more at the thought of a 2D Taxman game with 100% original, new zones and ideas.

we are already having a new sonic game and new levels from them and the team is very small
It's quite a miracle

Everyone who says "OH SEGA FORCING THEM TO PUSH NOSTALGIAFAGGOTS" is a retard and shitposter

Considering how GHZ act 1 leads into the cave at the end, I'm going to assume the aesthetics of the levels will change as well, if only slightly. I'm just wondering how much

If Taxman himself said he wanted to do some new and didn't like Green Hill clones and yet Sonic Mania has a Green Hill clone, then yes, the logical conclusion is that it was SEGA that told them to do it. SEGA and Sonic Team are still overseeing Mania's development and they can't step out of any boundaries set by them.

They probably told them to throw in Classic levels in there and the team is trying to make the best of the situation by making them feel as fresh as they can. Anyone with a brain can figure out this is what's happening.

>was SEGA that told them to do it.
>b-but Sega

>They probably told them to throw in Classic levels in there

because 99% of hipsters like you don't know if Green Hill Zone is from Sonic 1 or 2 and they want people born after 1999 to play sonic 2D games

Japanese are assholes.

post yfw when

YOU CANT DO ANYTHING SO DONT EVEN TRY.

Maybe you have problems elsewhere, user.

You can enjoy things even when people talk shit about them.

DON'T DO WHAT SONIC DOES

This game isn't even romhack tier at this point. its just a straight up rehash now. how disappointed, i knew sega would fuck it up in some way. give sega a piece of paradise and they will turn it into africa in a week. i'll be pirating this one, cancelled my CE an hour ago.

>shareholders

If there was ever a word I've ever despised more than DLC, it's that one. GOD I fucking hate shareholders.