youtu.be/dDUcboVrAKY
youtube.com/watch?v=VkrEnrxLVuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MSSOEIqIhAs
youtube.com/watch?v=LhEKVdFVaos
youtube.com/watch?v=49hTM3k-kcw&index=5&list=FLfGwkKrcvgIH2lfaRXO6f6g
youtube.com/watch?v=2afH5wYR4BY
youtube.com/watch?v=O8P2pexy814
sites.google.com/site/darkwavestyle/games-research/berserk-ps2
itechpost.com/articles/31412/20160920/berserk-anime-season-2-is-confirmed-series-to-be-released-in-2017.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=6cfNoWSe9Ss
playstationlifestyle.net/2016/08/22/berserk-ps4-western-release-will-things-held-back-japanese-version/
youtube.com/watch?v=b0K5gBS0eK4
youtube.com/watch?v=F_SWne_SQ88
youtu.be/GREzfETwRbA?t=88
bakabt.me/162057-berserk.html
cdisplay.me/
youtube.com/watch?v=r8YSmZo59nI
mangasee.co/manga/?series=Berserk&chapter=178&index=2,
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's Musou. What is there to discuss?

/thread

It's pretty nice, they nailed it, I thought they'd just strap on a Berserk skin and keep the same speed and gameplay as the regular Musous, but I was wrong.

Skull Knight reveal when?

Why didn't they just call it Berserk Warriors? Or just Berserk? This current title sounds like some shit out of google translate.

I don't know, i never played a musou game in my life.

Berserk Forces.

Or even Berserk: Midland Warriors

The current title is funny, because it implies that Berserk is a character.

Guts is not Guts anymore, he's Berserk.

that looks like a tedious button mash fest

Havent played any games like this. Are they challenging at all? All the videos make it look piss easy. Are there usually difficulty settings? Anything other than pressing 1 attack 48,000 times? Big combo list or something?

You button mash like theres no tomorrow and sometimes (if you feel like it) use combos. So there literally not much to discuss gameplay wise. Now story, thats a different issue.

This sounds good.

>Musou
into the trash.

Generally there are a shit thon of difficulty settings, if the game is anything like the last Samurai Warriors, it'll be pretty challenging, but they never show the actual challenging parts in gameplay trailers.

I wonder how Femto's gameplay will be.

They have difficulty levels but gameplay always remains the same. Its the formula musous are built on. At most you'll get alot more (and slightly stronger) enemies attacking you and bosses/mini bosses become super strong. I know it makes it sound as if musous are bad but really it is more fun than it sounds.

Why no mae it like Ni Oh or Toukiden?

Musou at its best.

Press X to rape

Because the developers are omega force (koei temco) and the only thing that studio can do well and good is musous. I literally have not heard of that studio doing anything else.

I really like Berserk and although I havent tried it, this type of gameplay seems really cathartic. Just go around bashing shit, sorta like an ARPG but less collecting items and more bashing. So im looking forward to it, but if its 60 bucks or some shit I might just wait. I want to pick up that attack on titan game too but I always wait for sales unless im dying to get them

Continue pressing X for thrusting.

because nips have shit taste and they eat this shit.

I bet they came all over their pants when Musou All Stars was announced.

Fuck Koei Tecmo for making this genre popular.

Press A to do nothing wrong

>fuck company for making fun games

Press B to get bitch slapped by based Rickert

Press O to change positions
>Tip: You can use the R1 button to fondle her breasts while you rape.

WAAAAAH WHY COUDLNT THIS HAVE BEEN A LE REDDIT SOULS CLONE MUH MUSOU

delet this

>musou
>fun
maybe the first and second time you play one.

If you want to spend your money on them, go ahead. if you can't see they are all the same shit you are a lost cause.

>You button mash
dirty casual that only played on easy

>berserk
>with souls gameplay

>Musou
>hard

boy these sponges that take shitload of my time to clear a map sure are hard.

>confirmed for only played it on easy/casual normal

indeed m'sire, we at reddit love based from software and their comfy souls games
only souls games can give you that weighty woomfy and bassy feel of huge swords cleaving bodies apart
its a shame the shitty japs had to give the IP to some no name dev instead of Based Memezaki

wasnt the dreamcast game slow ,clunky and with terrible frame rate?

we have a berserk with souls gameplay already

I was making the point that technically speaking musous are all about button mashing which they are. Didnt even talk about difficulties. Also playing on higher difficulties doesn't change the fact that your still button mashing. Only difference now is your enemies are harder so use 'combos' which by the way are also achieved through button mashing, all the while waiting for your musou meter to fill up.

Matter of fact Ive played on all difficulties, and I cant remember when I actually had to 'think' when playing musous.

I was giving this game a pass because it's berserk, i'm fucking starved on berserk but this gameplay video just confirmed all of my worries, the gameplay looks like a snorefest.

Also, "Berserk and the Band of the Hawk"? kek, i hope Berserk's girlfriend doesn't get raped too hard in this game.

are durrserk tards still butthurt about this game? amazing, loving all the tears
meanwhile ill enjoy it like all omega force games, have fun whining over nothing i guess... ?

>I cant remember when I actually had to 'think' when playing musous.
you would if you didnt only played on casual mode

the normal enemies might be brain dead but the officers will literaly stunblock you into death if you dont actualy think when fighting then
cause they have the same habilities your character have in the harder dificulties

>you didn't play on casual mode because I say so!
>im a shitter therefore musous are hard.

fuck off retard

Toukiden...

>making a Berserk Musou instead of a CUUUUUHHHRRAAAAAZY game

Absolute disgust

youtu.be/dDUcboVrAKY
wow... so this must be... the complex gameplay

Yeah dude if you read my post, I did say Ive played on higher difficulties. The only thing that changed was I had to guard alot more accurately. Other than that absolutely fuck all changed. I still like musous though.

haha yeah imagine a jojo game by BASED platinum... holy shit.... wow.... based.....

fucking good along with Berserk Midland warriors

It's more fitting, in Guts's mind he's just pressing X to swing his sword, a super complex game wouldn't fit Berserk, it would fit something like Vagabond.

Jojo works better as fighters.

Yeah forgot that.

God I fucking hate retards like you that think everyone that shits on Musou are soulsfags.

It could have had Souls gameplay
It could have had action gameplay like Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry or Bayonetta
It could have had action adventure gameplay like Darksiders or Zelda.

But no, we get fucking Musou. fuck this shit.

BERSERK BY FROMSOFTWARE WHEN
WE NEED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN BROS AND MAKE IT PS4 EXCLUSIVE SO ITS AS GOOD AS BLOOBOURNE

Here is new gameplay

youtube.com/watch?v=VkrEnrxLVuQ

Yeah looks just as shitty as i'd thought. Enemies don't even attack you.

At this point even Dragon's Dogma is a more accurate Berserk game than Berserk games.

it is being made by omega force IT IS GOING TO BE MUSHO shit, if you want a Souls type of game make a fucking letter to From Software and whoever owns the berserk ip and tell them that is the game you and other fans would buy

musou is better than casual souls

>implying is not curayzee
youtube.com/watch?v=MSSOEIqIhAs

A Souls type game wouldn't work for Berserk at all

Fuck off with your serious, ultra realist, gfx bullshit. The game is gonna be fun and thats all that matters.

>enemies don't even attack you

Confirmed never played a musou game or seen a musou trailer.

As long as this song plays when playing as Zodd i'm good.
youtube.com/watch?v=LhEKVdFVaos

dude curahzee lmao
episk!

Are you serious? Guts's ability with the dragonslayer doesn't consist of mindlessly swinging it everywhere, he's been honing his skills as a swordsman since he was a kid for fucks sake.

He even fucked up griffith sissy sword style that one time.

>press x to win

If I wanted that I'd just play Nightmare in Soul Calibur

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ITS NOT FAIR BERSERKBROS
WHY DID THEY DO THIS TO US WE COULD HAVE HAD BERSERK SOULS BUT INSTEAD WE GET THIS??????? WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

>In-game graphics are better than the films and also the new anime's

That is one of the gayest things I've ever read.

Might as well have said "its just a video game"

Faggot

I dont give a fuck if From Software makes it or not. retard.

Musou is the shittiest type of action games.

Have fun button mashing

Yeah this is something I consistently wonder. Who the fuck hires artists for the animes? I mean even the one now it looks so choppy in motion.

> that shitty camera
WHY DO THIRD PERSON GAMES NEVER DO THE CAMERA RIGHT?!
holy fuck it's like a platformer screen that only scrolls when you're practically touching the edges, it's completely fucking worthless and clearly results in fucked, worthless accuracy for attacks.

>something dies everytime guts swings his sword

>press X to win

seens perfect gameplay to me

Hell yeah, 3 thousand of the same enemies in the eclipse! now this is why i love Berserk and his huge sword.

>I've never read/watched Berserk the post

Enjoy playing as Berserk in the new Berserk game.

>Have fun button mashing
I will. Thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=49hTM3k-kcw&index=5&list=FLfGwkKrcvgIH2lfaRXO6f6g

Why the fuck can't we have the combat system of the PS2 game, bros?

>That fucking Zodd fight

dude, imagine if BASED PLATINUM DID IT!!!!!!!!
wait no, platinum needs to make a JOJO GAME!
and fromsoftware needs to maje a bsererk game with PVP

Fix your fucking UI nigger

wow that looks so weighty and woomfy, the animations look like they have a bassy feel to it..... this looks comfy as fuck
why couldnt we have a new game like this bros....

Guts's fighting style is not based on skill at all, it's mostly instinct, he's also pretty good at adapting to his surroundings and situations, and he also never gives up, he powers up by rage too.

A fighting style based on skill would be Serpico's, but when it comes to willpower and instinct he loses to Guts, as he did in the manga.

Nice argument, retard.

What's fun to you may not be for other people, your opinion is retarded. And i'm not even sure why you're bringing things like "ultra realist" what the fuck, how cringy are you in real life?

did you?

Did you watch the gameplay? Its the same swinging speed. The frames are faster on the PS4 thats all.

Because no one wanted to make a Berserk other than Omega Force, otherwise we'd have a different game.

NO FUCK OFFFFFFFF THE NEW GAME SUCKS MUSOU SUCKS I WANT A SOULSBORNELIKE BY PLATINUM SOFTWARE

>posts filler fights

Every important fight in Berserk is several chapters long.

Dragon's Dogma is a perfect example of what Berserk game play should be.

>GATTS

Why would you want to ruin Berserk with the shittiness of Souls? Berserk deserves better than that.

It looks so bad
And the person that is playing it is making it even wores

It also sounds good. No clangs like the musou.

>no one wanted to make a Berserk
I really doubt that.
Its was probably easier to get the IP for KT since Musou sells like hotcakes in Japan.

They already got Gundam and One Piece. they can get anything probably. hell im sure they get commissioned to make Musou games instead of them looking for IP's

>major fights
they didnt show any boss battles yet, they said this was going to be the first musou with real boss battles

Hey buddy I think you got the wrong door, the sacrifice club's two blocks down.

fuck off falseflagger

>expecting boss fights in a musou

There's a reason they are not showing them.

Its actually the truth. Literally no studio was interested in making a berserk game.

>Guts moves so fast he turns into the Tasmanian Devil

You can't react on instinct without skill, fag. Specially against things that fuck you up.

the bosses in hokutou musou were the best part of that game though, along with the what if mode

im still optimistic, same with gore on the steam version

I love the way the blade passes through all the enemy and the health bar goes down. OH oh and the part where they get pushed back after zero HP? It doesnt get better than this!

>they didnt show any boss battles yet,
>musou

It's exactly the same gameplay except you can actually get hit now and the monster is large. We did see a troll boss and they lied.

youtube.com/watch?v=2afH5wYR4BY

I'd be more optimistic if this didn't look better.

he uses hatred and feelings lmao
beingraped and having had feelings and emotions heavy enough to swing the biggest sword around

>tfw when the Musou boss fights will never be this fucking awesome and instead be the same three hit combo and cannon shot

lets be honest here
there isnt many games that look better than dragons dogma, when it comes to gameplay

Nice argument? Alright i'll bite.

His fighting isn't based on skill? What about Bonzo? What about the Count? What about the way he gets TWO hits off on zodd?

Mindless determination? That's isn't even important though, why would you want a game to be repetitive just because the main character can kill things easily?

The biggest problem I see is the fact that unlike most of the manga, that you seem to know so much about, enemies take a few hits to kill, removing all of the weight of guts brutality.

Thus making the game about hitting the x button enough, and not timing your strike carefully so that many can be killed in a single blow, or any other number of absent subtleties.

The boss fights in this game aren't good but they look alright and are hard as fuck.

>Press block button
>10 second cutscene plays

Even the normies are shitting on the game on the YT comments.

Fuck everyone that think this is the best way to represent Berserk in videogames.

Even the title is shit

Well then why aren't you swinging a big sword, fag?

Personally, I would've gone with "Berserk: Guts' Rage".

>Berserk: Gatts' Rage

>Berserku Gattsu Rage

Bersker is my favorite character he kills monsters and isnt afraid of anything

>>Musou is the shittiest type of action games.
and you're the shittiest type of son but there are still people who love you

so fuck off nigger

>Berserku Gattsu Ragu: Translated by Eva02--ShinjiXRei

hahahhahaha

>enemies are all the same

Berserk sounds like a pretty cool guy.

Too close to the Dreamcast game title.

Having to mash square a few more times doesn't suddenly make it not a button masher.

He is a cool bro. Totally had a chill life and always saves his friends.

Berserk is a pretty cool guy, eh gets NTR'd by Griffith and doesn't afraid of anything.

>sword has no slow weight to it

Yawn I'll just stick with my Guts build in Dragon's Dogma since that's the REAL Berserk game anyway.

good. fuck the normies musou is life

>Swing 1
>Swing 2
>Swing 1
>Swing 2
>Special Attack
>Swing 1
>Swing 2
Gameplay in a nutshell
And this:

Guts doesn't swings his sword really fast in the manga you fucking faggot.

Cheap shovelware in an attempt to make a quick buck off of Berserk-fags.

>Cred Forums's weeaboos actually hyped for this garbage

typical shit taste

friendly reminder that the ps2 berserk game is the exact same thing as a musou except with boss fights and no objectives

Will the game feature rape all the time like in the Mangaka?

>you fucking fa**ot.

True, it's shit too.

>no objectives
you had some in troll cave and the zombie army
camp

And a combat system that involves timing your movement with the momentum of your swings to keep a consistent flow.

le epic fucking BASED PLATINUM NANOMACHINES SON HAHA

why's guts moving his sword so fast like it haz no weight???? ive never read the mang ain mty life and just hoped on the train whats going on i hate musou god musou is oss hsit

All the advertising for it has featured Casca's rape, so probably.

>all those golden age moments of Casca having her clothes ripped off but never actually getting raped
>then the Eclipse happens

HAHAHA

Your post was so unfunny I forgot to laugh!

well that looks really boring

yeah no, it's pretty clear you haven't played it and have only watched webms of it. you just spam square and have the momentum of the swing carry you slightly forward, with the occasional dodge or waiting a year for the heavy attack to charge up

>Rape

>you just spam square and have the momentum of the swing carry you slightly forward

If you just spam square your combo will stop short but go ahead and keep strawmanning me to save face after getting your stupid post blown away you pathetic worm.

Boring as all get out. And so unoriginal. No wonder i couldn't stand watching the Beserk Anime. This game looks like trash. Boring gameplay. I'm going back to watching Sword Art Online Hallow Realization video game 7 mins of gameplay video. Don't judge me anyone. Judge not least you be not judged.

Looks like a fucking joke.
youtube.com/watch?v=O8P2pexy814

Yeah SAO has the better black swordsman anyways. Fuck this uninspired trash

>I'll just spam (You) that'll show him!

Listen, you little wiseacre: I'm smart, you're dumb; I'm big, you're little; I'm right, you're wrong, and there's nothing you can do about it.

The first Ken's Rage was fantastic and probably the best Fist of the North Star game, so I don't see why I should be worried.

But we'll see.

Berserk had a hard life though, he got raped and his dad punched him.

>Dragonslayer makes a high-pitched "SHING!" like a little Griffith tier baby sword despite not being sharp and also being a giant chunk of iron
>even the lowly cannonfodder grunts have health bars for some reason
>enemies don't even get cut in half
>Musou gameplay

>I lived long enough to see a Berserk Musou game

Feels good. That arm cannon looks hype. Dream come true as a huge musou fan.

>complain that the game will be a shitty musou fuckfest
>dozens of angry berserk fans come out of nowhere
>he thinks souls combat is good *smug rape face*
>he wants platinum to make it looool
>he just wants a regular action game what a fucking moron heh

holy shit half this thread are people defending musous, and posting the same ironic unironic shit,

musous are boring as fuck, I thought that maybe they'd change up the formula with aot and dqh games being popular but this game looks like 100% trash

Big deal.

I got raped, by my dad, while he punched me.

This, user's dad punched and raped me at least four or five times.

i bet you use that as excuse for being a faggot

they're both garbage, shiteater

Some people like Musou games, user, stop being mad about opinions.
The good ones have interesting character options, intelligent AI that can take advantage of the full range of what the npcs can do, strong level and music design.

Nigga Koei Tecmo has been using the same engine since the PS2 era do you really think they'd change things for your favorite franchise?

Do you think Miura will remember how to draw once the manga starts up again?

The game will obviously bomb due to koei insisting on making a berserk game this fucking boring

we will literally never have another berserk game again because Devs are gonna see this and look at the tanked sales

koei and their stupid musous are literally going to kill any chance of ever having a good berserk game

The last two musous I played, attack on Titan and Dragon quest Heroes considerably changed the formula for the sake of the series it was based on

nah let's make berserk boring as absolute fuck though

Capcom have always been the innovators and masters of the action game genre. Sengoku Basara is closer to DMC than the average musou because techniques are linked to specific button presses rather than long combo strings. People like to dick ride platinum but Bayonetta and Revengeance have the brain-dead dial-a-combo shit.

This was the first and last time Guts looked handsome. He's full on gargoyle-mode now.

>Miura regrets publishing the Idea of Evil chapter because it makes it too obvious that he himself is playing the Idea of Evil to us all by controlling the misery, hopes, desires, sadness, anger, and regrets of all Berserk fans by dragging out the manga to death and greenlighting shitty CGI animes and musous
>you will die in Berserk's lifetime
>you will never see another good Berserk game
>this is simple causality
>you are merely one of Miura's sacrifices to allow him to have enough money to keep playing Idolmaster

Did modders ever get the Berserk DLC to work with the PC port?

The trick to dial a combo games is know when to drop the combo because you the desire effect (guard breaking, launching, downing, stagger/stun), shift into something else to capitalize on the effect you have and build up on it.
NG Black is a great example, where the samurai in level 2 ALWAYS block whatever you throw at them unless you guard break them with something like XXY, shuriken cancel the Y followup and go into XYXXY or something like that.
You can the ability to selectively apply the effect you want, giving you versatility and options, rather than the different buttons terminating with a finish.
Being able to do this is the difference between people who know how to play the game and those who don't, although Revengeance has less of that.

looks like another musou game with the berserk license

I'm assuming that this game has a budget of 0 dollars because all Berserk adaptations always have no budget. With that in mind, this looks decent.

Is Guts the only BLACKED and cucked character in fiction?

Too bad it's all looks and barely any substance

It wasn't DLC, it was just in the base game of the 360 and ps3 versions. Modders couldn't get it to work because for the pc version that data just wasn't there. No way to port it from the console versions either.

There was a texture mod to change some armour to look like berserker armour and dragonslayer sword, but that was about it.

Anyone prefer berserk before guts gets the berserker armor? I don't think I like the new beserker armor corruption arc.

>When you sacrifice your friends just right

>You don't cut enemies in half with a single swing
>They just drop dead when their lifebar empties
Fuck this game

>letting Gattsu live

He fucked up.

This. I wish it was more than a musou. I wish the mechanics were deeper, and single enemies were more substancial to fight. Not bloody likely, because they find it more important to make a gazillion useless characters than give a few characters a large moveset to experiment with.

I was thinking the Manga was getting a bit stale right around trolls.

Lost Children and Tower of Conviction were GOAT, but guts suppressed his urge to kill too much after that. Hit urge to kill and his constant struggle to stay sane/human are a huge appeal for the series. The Berserker armor was necessary.

Needs more Schierke butt.

This. We should start a petition that forbids Koei to make musou games about cool franchises. Or something to convince owners of a franchise to not let their IP be used by Koie because we will not buy musou.

I feel like the armor gets all the credit now, instead of the fighting human spirit. I do like how guts got older and slimmer, maybe he really does need the armor actually.

>no CLANG sounds

Could Guts beat Jack?

Our Lord and Savior Femto has arrived!

Griffith did nothing wrong

Do you even know what cuhrayzee is? At the very base of cuhrayzee stands a combat system with a moveset that is large enough, where every attack has a unique response from enemies, and where attacks are combinable in a way that combinations of moves sort of create new moves which in turn can be combined with other moves to form multi layered moves.

That is the very basic thing it MUST have for it to be cuhrayzee.

Other minor details include getting motivated in some way to do flashy shit, and high enough enemy HP.

The armor feeds off his spirit though, pulls from the depths that he's trying to suppress.

>instead of the fighting human spirit
coach, is that you? what do i do coach, i'm losing this fight

The real question is how would doom guy handle the Eclipse?

The combat in that game isn't all that. It feels kind of good, but it lacks complexity. Here's everything I found on it:
sites.google.com/site/darkwavestyle/games-research/berserk-ps2

If you have anything to add, do tell.

>Dragon's Dogma is a perfect example of what Berserk game play should be.
>3 skill slots
>perfect
The moveset needs to be about 30 times as big for it to be "perfect" for previous gen's standards. 40times for current gen.

Looks like a pretty fun musou.
I know people are hit or miss on them, but hey, this looks like a good one.
That said, I don't have much history with berserk, just started reading it today, so I don't have any attachment as far as that goes

That's because it is.

>opinions
People shouldn't be allowed to have any on a subject they have not invested in. I can say violins need more strings, but I've never played one so how is my opinion even remotely relevant?

just give him one of these and he'll do fine

>Implying any nip developer would do this
>When it would pretty much guarantee it never leaves their island and sell less than your mom on shore leave weekend
Fuck man, I know it's disappointing and seeing all that viscera would've been great, but it would kill the company financially

>NG Black is a great example, where the samurai in level 2 ALWAYS block whatever you throw at them unless you guard break them with something like XXY, shuriken cancel the Y followup and go into XYXXY or something like that.
But this is not interesting. It's something you eventually learn by playing the game enough.

Dial a combo is annoying because you have to conform to some kind of system to get the effect you want, instead of simply inputting what you want. It's not instinctive enough, and gives the player less freedom to do things that devs did not intend, which is lame because that is super fun to experiment with.

It's stupid because they got the atmosphere right, and this would make it amazing.

>posting shitty translations

Berserk fans will never be satisfied

I argue that learning the system to get the desire effect and looking good doing it is a part of the fun and challenge.
A foe that forces you to adapt tactics and approach to get within it's guard keeps you on your toes and keeps you engage.
Unless of course, you call that artificial difficulty?

>>When it would pretty much guarantee it never leaves their island and sell less than your mom on shore leave weekend

Except it's violence that's censored in Japan, not America. America has sexuality censored.

The real reason is laziness.

Berserk fans will never get an ending.

>Shitty low budget anime riddled with 2006-tier CG, cut arcs and censored content
>WOW GUYS YOU COMPLAINED AND NOW IT'S NOT GETTING RENEWED WHY DON'T YOU JUST HAPPILY EAT THE SHIT THAT'S HEAPED ONTO YOUR PLATE
>New Berserk game is a musou, one of the most low-effort, minimum creativity required genres humanly possible
>WOW GUYS YOU GET A GAME AND YOU COMPLAIN YOU'RE NEVER SATISFIED
We're not satisfied because Berserk deserves more than shitty half-baked adaptations that exist for no reason other than to cost as little as possible while profiting massively off the name. I'll never understand why anybody thought taking Berserk, a series that people love for its edginess and beautifully hand-drawn art, and adapting it into a shitty CG fest that skips one of the most beloved arcs would be a great idea and wouldn't ruffle any feathers. I don't think Musou is a good choice for a Berserk game either, since it's hard to make the combat feel satisfying when anything more than a stiff breeze sends every enemy on screen flying away only to disappear a couple seconds later. The game might be fun, but it's not being made to satisfy the itch people have had for years for a solid Berserk game, it's being made to profit off the name while costing as little to make as possible.

I fucking hate Guts' voice actor so goddamn much. He sounds like a constipated tree trunk.

Also it bugs the fuck outta me that you can't kill normal enemies in one swing like and It's the motherfucking Dragonslayer, that shit ALWAYS kills in one swing.

Maybe they're just like their mother

Didn't Hyrule Warriors have bosses?

>goblins

Sort of. They weren't really dedicated fights, they would show up in the middle of stages to hamper your progress while little faggots took your base. They'd have an easy to exploit weakness, like shooting Gohma's eye with an arrow, and a quick-time event-esque button prompt that would do massive damage while they're stunned. I'd imagine when they say "boss battles" they mean entire stages dedicated to fighting one massive enemy.

Berserkfags and Nintendofags really have a lot in common when you think about it.

>NOA: Oh hey guys you wanted a new StarFox game right? Here you go!
>This is two hours long and riddled with bullshit motion gimmicks fuck off Shiggy I'm not buying this shit.
>NOJ: OH OKAY I GUESSU YOU NO WANTUH DA STARFOXURU GAMES NO MORE! OKAY WE MAKE NO MORE STARFOXURU GAMUHS!

>NOA: Hey we know you Paper Mario fans have been itching for a new game, so we've got this right here!
>This plays nothing like Paper Mario I'm not gonna buy this. And it's on the 3DS.
>NOJ: OH OKAY, OKAY, SO YOU NO WANTUH DA PAPURR MARIO GAMES? OKAY WE NO MAKE NO MORE PAPER MARIO GAMES!

>NOA: Hey you Metroid fans...

It's a great way to remove thorns in your side. Simply make a shitty installment of the thing that they want and then say it's not profitable when the shitty installment doesn't sell so any time someone asks for a new installment you just say the series doesn't sell well as an excuse because the numbers from your retarded fuck up were so bad. Although in the case of musous I genuinely wonder if Koei Techmo thinks they're delivering a treat to Berserk fans by throwing them a game in their glorious game engine.

who would win between berserk and witcher

But wouldn't they make more money by not sabotaging themselves?

You're assuming a level of sense.

i hope they scrap the fucking CGI from animu already

>no dismemberment

This isn't Berserk

>Game sells poorly
>Well I guess nobody wants Berserk games!
>Game sells well
>Alright, yearly Berserk musou releases with cut content akin to DBZ fighting games that we'll incrementally release!
Nobody wins.

Well the anime is done after this season, it's not getting renewed. They're really adamant on making extensive use of CG with Berserk though, so expect to see plenty of it whenever they decide to milk the IP again for another quick buck.

itechpost.com/articles/31412/20160920/berserk-anime-season-2-is-confirmed-series-to-be-released-in-2017.htm

>DBZ fighting games

Fug when was the last time we got one of those.

Oh damn, I was lied to. Joke's on me for getting my hopes up.

This game NEEDS dismemberment. It absolutely needs it. And I have a feeling we wont get it. Goddammit, why? Surely anyone can see this.

>Japan fucking hates dismemberment
>That would require actual work
Only 2 reasons to not include it.

>you will never have a sexually confident, hotblooded, THICC, delicious brown warrior gf

Why was Casca made for fucking?

NA will get dismemberment.

>Enemies just don't stun for random reasons.

I really fucking hope this doesn't pull a Birth By Sleep and completely fuck the combat for people wanting to get a real challenge outta' this.

not him but i literally just spammed square the whole game. your combo doesnt fucking stop short ever. yes i finished the whole game and it was absolute trash outside of 2 boss fights.

>Casca
>Thicc
?

Salt about type of genre choosen for Berserk game will never cease to amuse me.
You'd probably be happy if game instead was regular beat em up.
Which is what musou is, essentially

I liked that game. I didn't know it was based off the manga, but me and my brother liked it.

Strange. Shouldn't musous have some satisfying impact when you hit mooks? I really hope the sound effects aren't final cause there's something really off putting about Gut's dragonslayer making that piddly whiffing sound. Plus I feel like the trolls just don't react like they should half the time when hit by the thing.

It looks pretty decent but my only concern is that regular enemies don't get dismembered or anything.

When Guts swings his sword it has a nice weighty animation so its odd and a bit disappointing to see it pretty much pass through grunts, only staggering them and causing them to lose hp

the lack of a cathartic feel of aggression from each swing just phasing through enemies will most likely detract from the style of the series and ultimately turn people off from its gameplay

hopefully the american release sees more dismemberment but with the trend of game development these days it seems that devs are too afraid of making a faithful videogame representation from inspired material because it might upset people who are not associated with the target audience

Japanese version, m8

>you will never have a mentally broken, babbling, child-like retard brown hobo gf

>Shouldn't musous have some satisfying impact when you hit mooks
They don't, and that's one of their biggest problems. They generally don't have gore, farting in an enemy's direction launches them thirty feet, and when enemies die they just fall down and vanish. It's hard to feel any satisfaction from the combat when you swing a weapon and all fourty enemies in front of you go into the same animation and vanish with, at best, a blood splatter effect. That combined with the fact that the god-damned DRAGONSLAYER needs to hit mooks like three or four times just to kill them is a problem.

Attacks look floaty and weightless, and those 2 words are the worst one can possibly use to describe anything Berserk related.

>They don't, and that's one of their biggest problems.
they have, just not the type of satisfaction you are looking for

>I argue that learning the system to get the desire effect and looking good doing it is a part of the fun and challenge.
Sorry this is so long but I hadn't put this into words before. Please read it.

Yes. I agree wholeheartedly, but I split this up into 2 aspects:
1: The stuff you can learn that is optional
2: The stuff that is required to play the game effectively by performing basic functions like walking, attacking with a combo, jumping, dodging

1:
If there is a lot of optional stuff to learn, and that requires various levels of effort, then that's fun because there's always something new to try and get better at. dmc4 is a good example here, because it excels the most in this aspect out of perhaps all video games.

2:
If there is some stuff that is required to learn to play the game as normal that is fine, but if that stuff is hard to learn, clumsy, unreliable, or requires constant attention or effort, then it becomes a chore. Some examples:

To do a specific combo in Bayonetta you have to pay attention to the screen to see what combo you're doing at almost all times. This is hard because the camera is zoomed out and because the attacks that these combos consist of are re-used throughout the entire list of combos. Don't get me started on the low fps and the excessive motion blur that the low fps causes. This costs a certain level of effort when you're starting out that is too high for a basic function.
If the player doesn't like this mechanic, he will not want to invest effort into using it. If that mechanic is optional, he can opt out of using it. If it is required he will get annoyed because he has to do something he doesn't like, and maybe say fuck it, I quit.

if it makes you feel any better musou games are usually piss easy to pirate

>Not the kind of satisfaction one would generally desire in a Berserk game
Would be a better description. There are enough people criticizing it in here to prove that well enough. Musou was not a good choice in genre for Berserk, but unfortunately they're easy to put out and can sell well enough just based on their respective IP like HW and the new AoT ones did.

part 2
Another example is input lag. A recent example being the FFXV platinum demo. Because there is no immediate response from the game, you have to look and see if your character is responding, instead of knowing it immediately performed the action because you pressed the button. There were also other factors that caused an inconsistent lack of response, such as the range of attacks changing dependant on the distance to the enemy, or automatic backsteps. This makes it hard to establish a connection between button inputs and the feedback a game gives you. This is the base line of every game, and I think it is very important to have this as simple, reliable, predictable, and easy as possible. This not only makes the game accessible, but cost little effort to play. This is comparable to why games have low difficulty nowadays, because if a game is not fun, then a hard difficulty might make people stop playing. This is a risk. However having heavy challenge in games is important for those that want it. The challenge should be somewhere else, preferrably in aspect 1: the optional techniques.

In popular competitive games the challenge is always in aspect 2. This makes them frustrating once you play against good players, because you have to conform to these mechanics if you want to have any chance of playing a fun match because you can't even do anything if you don't. You die within half a second.

In street fighter 4 a lot of challenge lies in aspect 2: learning how to deal with fireballs, learning how to defend against throws. However the combo aspect is purely optional. Technically you can have a fair match without doing 1 frame combos, and only poking the other guy. This mechanic lies in aspect 1. This is good, because if you don't like doing this, you can skip it and focus on better defense, flowcharting, or mindfuckery.

Why does it have to be "Berserk and the Band of the Hawk"?

Why can't it just be "Berserk: Band of the Hawk"?

doom guy has no friends, so the whole situation would never happen

why not

Berserk and the mercenaries of justice

No, because doom is the demons

>There are enough people criticizing it in here to prove that well enough.
mostly cause actual musou players either don't care about spinoffs or tried the fuck from your whining in every Berserk thread
Do you really think we play cause combat is unsatisfying for us? It is satisfying, that's why we play. It just doesn't supposed to be deep and that's ok.
>Musou was not a good choice in genre for Berserk
it was pure financial choice and you know it - musou fanservice spinoffs sell well enough, cause people know what they are getting. I doubt stand alone Berserk game would be as profitable devcost/sales wise.
Do you honestly think licensed games want to be fresh and original? They are fanservice to make money off. That's it.

I think it's likely due to the engine. I think they're still using the same base engine since the first Dynasty Warriors game and so, they haven't added any sort of dismemberment system since the engine can't even have a simple physics engine in it either. It's a damned shame because it cheapens the experience by quite a large margin.

Rip and tear

>basarashit

no, take your chinese knock off elsewhere

I sincerely hope you are right. Its just not Berserk without dismemberment. Even if its a horrible, shitty game with no other redeeming qualities, dismemberment is a must in all that is Berserk.

Basara is superior in mechanics, which makes it automatically better than musou.

>mostly cause actual musou players either don't care about spinoffs or tried the fuck from your whining in every Berserk thread
Then why are you even in these threads you bumbling, incoherent retard? If you don't give a shit about the spinoffs then why join in these threads at all? Nobody is in here to talk about Dynasty Warriors or any other "proper" musous, so go make a thread about that if it's what you want.

>it was pure financial choice and you know it
Well yeah, no shit. Why do you think everyone is criticizing it so hard? Musous are one of the most low effort genres out there, which is why everybody who wants to make a quick buck off an IP just pays KT to make a musou of it.

>I doubt stand alone Berserk game would be as profitable devcost/sales wise.
You're underestimating Berserk. The anime did pretty well despite being a complete shitshow that only the most inbred of retards would defend, and there's a bit of hype surrounding the musou despite it coming from a niche genre with little marketing. An aggressively marketed game that actually does the source material justice has potential to do very well. It's never been done, and it's been desired for ages, so to just dismiss the idea and say it wouldn't sell well is ridiculous.

And before I forget: it managed to be better than musou in the span of 3 installments.

>memeing this hard
>hallways simulator for fujoshitters is good

careful there fella

looks godawful. should've just reskinned a Souls game.

It only took three games for Basara to surpass musou gameplay wise. Now it's miles ahead.
youtube.com/watch?v=6cfNoWSe9Ss

It's an action game. The levels are only secondary to it's design since the focus lies on the combat system.

This
Being a Berserk fan is literally suffering

It's no Pirate Warriors 3

>Then why are you even in these threads you bumbling, incoherent retard?
lurking for new info about game, cause I'm a bit interested in it.
Maybe stop whining like bitch you are?
>Why do you think everyone is criticizing it so hard?
that's called "Stop liking what I dislike", not criticizing.
>You're underestimating Berserk
it's you who overestimating it. It's a niche franchise, few people familiar with. Deal with it.

samefagging should be a bannable offense

isn't it Ii not Li

kys

The producer confirmed it a while ago.
playstationlifestyle.net/2016/08/22/berserk-ps4-western-release-will-things-held-back-japanese-version/

>Band of the Hawk

Man some autist is straight up losing it over this for sure.

sorry mate, as much as i like musous, the basara games are lightyears ahead in terms of combat combat compared to musou games

nice photoshop

>Maybe stop whining like bitch you are?
>Just eat the garbage they feed you and like it!
No thanks, I'll keep bitching. Nothing ever got better because everybody agreed to just ignore the problems and stop talking about them.

>that's called "Stop liking what I dislike", not criticizing.
It's called having respect for the work. It's great that you can enjoy shitty games and all, but a lot of us want a Berserk game with an actual budget and with actual effort instead of just handing the IP off to Koei "literally just shovelware" Tecmo.

>it's you who overestimating it. It's a niche franchise, few people familiar with. Deal with it.
You're an unrepentant retard, please kill yourself immediately. All I said was that a well made Berserk game that actually gets marketed has potential to do well, and that's not a ludicrous statement. It's sold dozens of millions of copies in Japan since its inception, and while it's not the biggest out there, it's sure as shit not "niche", at least not in Japan which is what most Japanese publishers and developers would give the most fucks about. Brand new IPs with no previous history pop up all the time and do well if the games are good and they're marketed properly, every series that's popular now started off small, so discounting potential Berserk games entirely when they're given a better start than most is silly.

>Enemies LITERALLY never fucking attack

God damn, this looks like a real snoozefest.

you do realize all musou trailers have the enemy set to retard mode just to demonstrate movesets without interruption right? not even the easiest setting is that bad in the final games.

Welcome to musou games.

welcome to the state of todays musou games, where their priorities are fitting as many peons on screen as possible instead of fixing all the flaws these games have

>Guys how do we promote our game genre
>Let's always release footage where enemies never attack so it looks slightly more boring as fuck than it really is

Bravo, Japan.

>No thanks, I'll keep bitching. Nothing ever got better because everybody agreed to just ignore the problems and stop talking about them.
you are bitching about established genre which is liked by many. Deal with it, not every game supposed to be genre which you imagined in your head.
>It's called having respect for the work
Yeah, that's why most musou spinoffs actually have great fanservice. Too bad choice of game genre is not related to any sort of "respect". Cause it's just a genre. All "criticism" you have for it, doesn't really matter because you dissing whole genre itself.
It's like arguing that shmups don't have realistic flight controls therefore it's bad game.
>All I said was that a well made Berserk game that actually gets marketed has potential to do well, and that's not a ludicrous statement.
that's called wishful thinking.
Berserk is niche franchise, deal with it.

But he does

don't forget cancelling and JUST frames.

>autism

>the only thing that studio can do well and good is musous
>musou
>well done

I had to put 30 hours into Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn before I could unlock "enemies actually attack you" mode, and even then most of them pose no threat other than being HP sponges.

Post DW5 musou is SHIT.

dunno, I'm liking SW4-II
objectives keep you busy

it's Band of the Falcon, fucking dumbasses

PS2 did it better.
>enemies get sliced up and get gibbed in a few hits undefended
>but they're constantly trying to attack you
So much better than brain dead musou AI that sit around waiting to get hit

Well that is completely fucking retarded

yea they try to attack you but you can literally beat the entire game pressing one button. that isnt much better than musous.

Who's your favourite anime?

set higher difficulties to do more damage and have ai's zone more. problem solved.

I dunno, I won't pretend as if I've played a lot of Musou games, because I haven't, but the few I have featured gameplay that was just... boring.

The enemies don't really fight back or your attacks are so AoE oriented that it makes being stylish or combo-oriented impossible

Pretty much this.

Although I will note that when I first heard about the game I had very little hope of it even being decent and I was only going to get it for the story mode. After seeing gameplay from TGS it looks better than I expected.

It's a musou game so it's bound to be pretty simplistic but I'll buy it and enjoy it. Can't wait to see Serpico gameplay.

Somehow they managed to make it even more boring than a regular musou game.

G
A
R
B
A
G
E

>SO PUT YO GRASSES ON, NOTHING WILL BE WONG!

I'm excited. Musou is the best genre

I'll give it a shot.

just reached this part.

fuck Griffith!

Dindu muffin

yeah and some people like scat, does that mean we should be happy when miura releases berserk scat porn?

just because you like something, doesn't mean it's not shit

almost as good as food analogy

>Berserk and the Band of the Hawk

Is that seriously the final title? That almost implies the protagonist is named Berserk and his group is the Band of the Hawk.

I think Berserk is a pretty cool guy. Eh leads the band of the hawk and kills demons and doesn’t afraid of anything. Calling it "Berserk Musou" probably would have been the best option, it's what everyone is still calling it anyway going by this thread.

>does the characteristic jump into the air and sword spin
>way faster than Artorias

just how it should be

>Attack looks floaty and weightless
>Try to roleplay as Guts in Dragons Dogma with 2 handed sword which is heavy cant hit for shit against wolves hunting in packs and warrior is later considered the as the worst class.

Make up your minds

>One piece is just more musou
>Attack on Titan is actually more mechanically complex than standard musou
>Berserk is just more musou
THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!!!

for every Attack on Titan there is also Dragon Quest Heroes which is terrible, cause they tried to not make it musou

You can see Serpico in action here at 6:32 (uploader mistook him for Judeau): youtube.com/watch?v=b0K5gBS0eK4

>Artorias

People are still pretending Artorias was not a greatshiled fag?

did you play Dark Souls?

>read the berserk manga
>it becomes your favorite fantasy fiction
>no anime, movie or video game has handled the property in respectful or decent way

the original anime is the closest, but honestly, every adaptation of berserk in any medium has been almost complete shit

the new anime is fucking atrocious

I'm still baffled as to how in the holy fuck they got a second season greenlit.

Someone in Zipperhead land must be spending a lot of money trying to make Berserk fail.

Did you?

Artorias didn't use the GS after he got corrupted.

i almost feel like miura will let them make anything as long as he gets a paycheck so he can waste more time between chapters

Yes because he couldn't, and as a result he immediately got BTFO by some (probably) magic spamming who.

All I want to say is that the only Artorias that matters is the insane one that was a gigant walking Berserk reference and the one that didn't get btfo by Manus.

And even that version is slower than based Guts, and that's how it should be.

I'm a musou fan and... damn that looks boring as fuck. Seems like they are going the Dynasty way more than the Samurai one and that triggers me. Damn is it slow.

And all i want is to shitpost about muh Souls Shit poster boy.

>Dark Souls 3
>xXxFagTronxXx has invaded
>Full Artorias set
>Katana + shield
>Legion Etiquette gesture

Every single fucking time

>tetsuo
Go back to Koei warriors, you fucking shitlord.

He IS named Berserk.

It's just like Uncharted, Halo, Doom, Call of Duty or Infamous. An iconic name of an iconic character.

>wasnt the dreamcast game slow ,clunky and with terrible frame rate?
What?
No.
It was a great game, techincally and audiovisually too.
I liked it more than the ps2 game even.

youtube.com/watch?v=F_SWne_SQ88

Yes he does. What makes Guts better than usual big weapon memers is that he is fast as fuck at the same time. Fast enough to parry Serpico in a non-souls way

It's just musou. It's pretty much as lazy as it gets. Briannu Wu put more thought into game mechanics than the entire musou genre.

Noriko, it's just like I've always said. The only way to succeed is HARD WORK and GUTS. Say it with me. HARD WORK AND GUTS!

Can you fucking casuals stop posting hawkscans I mean jesus christ

Attack on Titan, arslan is overpriced....This game will be overpriced... Thanks Koei Tecmo

>Paying for it at all
lmao

>regular new game release price
>overpriced
fags like you won't be happy even it was 10$ for thousand hours of content

>no one bought it on PC
>"guess theres no demand for Berserk games!"
>"and if we make another one, let's DEFINITELY not put it on PC"

IP's are basically held hostage now
if you buy the shitty games to show support, they think you will just buy any crap that they don't put effort into
if you don't buy it out of protest for how shitty the game is, they assume that it's the IP itself which has no draw, and never make another game for that IP again

Probably for the best, nobody will ever make a game like the ps2 one again.

The new anime is exactly like the manga in 90% of scenes. It's literally the characters in the same exact positions with the same facial expressions do the same exact things and often times with the same amount of detail but with 3d models.

>ITS SHIT!!! REEEEE

People are still mad about things being cut, as if that wasn't clear from the beginning. That and the bad CGI but I just saw past that at some point.

But why the fuck did they cut fun things but showed us nina so much instead? Who the fuck cares about nina?

LEFT TO ROOOOT IN A CESSPIT OF DESPAIR

BORN TO DIE AS A WASTE OF AIR !

Let us not forget Metroid and the fact he can't crawl.

What fun things did they cut from that story line? The 1st episode was nothing but nods to the things they cut. They wanted to tell 1 story line and in order for it to make sense they streamlined some shit. And regardless of that they showed 90% of that storyline and were extremely faithful to the manga scenes.

Nina is part of berserk, if someone is gonna call the anime shit because of nina then they should be calling the Berserk Manga shit.

Oh look it's the millionth dynastu warraru

>The 1st episode was nothing but nods to the other storylines they skipped past* is what i meant.

>The new anime is exactly like the manga in 90% of scenes
>the same amount of detail but with 3d models

>children finally get the new Berserk game they've been asking for
>it's a fucking musou

This is just beautiful.

shouldnt at least get someone that knows how to play the game, that was just embarassing to watch

>children

most of us have been reading Berserk for about 10+ years user

Better than the game based on your favorite anime coming out next year.

Boring and stupid. The enemies just stand there. If they made them threatening and just made Guts even stronger that would be better to me.

youtu.be/GREzfETwRbA?t=88
>Skeleton Knight
>Dragon Killer Sword
>Berserk and the Band of the Hawk
I'm not sure how I'm feeling about this translation.

>often times

Skipped those words.

What 3d show in existence shows the level of detail you want? Such as an eyeball popping out of a man's face. The old anime didnt have such a level of detail either. So is that shit too?

The scene you have pictured had every single thing from the manga in it. That punch, sliding with his sword knocking guys over, cutten them all in half, the flip over azan, the tree branch. How many hundreds of show, movie, cartoon, and book adaptations take minor to extreme liberties when recreating scenes like that? But no eyeball popping out. its shit.

What about other scenes that have great detail like Gut's cape flowing as he enters the cave to save Caska? That was great. Or some scenes with Mozgus. Or that little shit's face when Guts cut the Kushans in half. Or when puk when to lightspeed to find Guts.

Shut your elitist whore mouth.

He's not wrong you know.

Should I read the manga or watch the movies or one of the anime? I want to be ready for this when it comes out.

>westacuck
>better taste
name one good western action game then, faggot
all you westacuck taste shit as fuck so your stupid western '''''''''''''action game''''''''''''' is fucking garbage

Download this
bakabt.me/162057-berserk.html
and read it with
cdisplay.me/

All adaptations are sub-par and incomplete tellings.

old anime > manga > avoid anything else > ps2 game for fun gameplay with fanfiction at the end

>what 3d show in existence shows the level of detail you want?
none, which is why every single Berserk fan (western or japanese) said "why the fuck is this in 3D?"

also no, that picture DOESN'T have everything, it's missing the guy on the left being chocked at a knight being mainmed by a punch; this is a background detail to emphasise how green these knights are, and how terrified they are fighting an experienced fighter
also Gut's face is too long, and his hair is completely static in the anime, whereas is has more movement in the manga (which is ridiculous in hindsight)

and look at this image
the was an important point in the fight, because Gut's arm was HEAVILY bandaged, and he had lost a lot of blood in his fight with Roshine, which is why he couldn't swing the dragonslayer
so when he finally does, extra attention went into the panel to show that the act of swinging his sword was causing him great stress and making his would bleed like FUCKING CRAZY

then we have the anime version, with a few tiny bloodspots, no blood whatsoever out of his mouth
in the anime it looked confusing as fuck when Gut's collapsed, because the level of detail was so bad that he doesn't appear injured enough
it makes the character look like a pussy, all because they couldn't be bothered to put in detail

if you are saying "none of this matters", then frankly I think you don't care about quality or visual storytelling at all, and will just eat any shit that you are handed on a plate

Thanks a lot dude

i'm not looking forward to the rape but it is what it is

>watch anime
>ever

kill yourself homo

I'll show you who's the boss of this eclipse

>Gut's face is too long

Guts face changes like every 3 scenes in the manga. Give me abreak.

The anime (old) is okay as a supplement to the manga but not a replacement for it.

It's enjoyable if you're already a fan. Obviously you only watch it after you've read the first 14 or so volumes though.

And? How does that change a fucking thing? He's an elitist piece of human trash. Human trash that will probably still be playing this game on release.

A shallow musou with good models/horrible backgrounds and effects, business as usual.

Nothing to see here, carry on folks.

>profiting massively off the name
Berserk isn't a giant money maker in Japan or the United States. I was watching a video with the producer of the new musou and he was saying that a Berserk game is really risky because of the content and that the fanbase isn't giant. He said that it was more a labor of love than anything. He's in his fifties and has been reading the series since the start and felt that it is an injustice that Berserk doesn't have a MASSIVE fanbase.

I don't know man, the 90's anime is so well directed that I'd recommend that people begin by watching that one, then read the manga from the beginning. That's what I did at least, and re-reading the Golden Age arc didn't bother me at all.

they were so lazy they actualy copy pasted clips from the movies kek

>has several official video games, some even licensed for western release
>has two TV series
>has three movies

While it's not massive, very few manga/novels that aren't made explicitly for children or otaku reach Berserk's level of fame. Ghost in the Shell is the only one that immediately comes to mind.

this girl is fucked in the head.

i like it.

>reading band of the hawk fanfiction
Just so you know, you're not reading berserk. You're ridding google translated fanfiction.

Huh? What do you mean?

The "Band of the Hawk" literally dies in the first 1/4 of the series. Blacked Swordsman, Lost Children, Conviction, Millennium Falcon, Fantasia - all of them don't have the Band anymore because THEY'RE FUCKING DEAD.

They should've called the game Guts' Rage to parallel Ken's Rage musou.

There's two translations for Berserk.
The old one made by a bunch of kids that called themselves the band of the hawk after the band from the manga, this one has crappy scans, translation that is chock full of google translated bits, bad grammar and is all around shit and even filled with literal fanfiction (for example Godo's "DON'T ASK ABOUT THE DRAGON, WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THE DRAGON" and other personality and dialogue changes because they thought they can do better.

Your scan came from that awful version.

And then there's the official high quality translations by Dark Horse who consult with Miura himself when in doubt about something. That translation is the best thing you can get and highest quality around.
You should honestly start reading from the beginning with Dark Horse scans because you read literal fucking fanfiction.

>inb4 where to get Dark Horse
Ctrl+F in this very thread and look for:
bakabt

Compare the translation you posted with this one.

Then go download the proper scans on bakabt you dumb dumb.

This. They fucked up everything by making it a cookie cutter musou game. If they want a good game where troops around you matter and so does the character you control, they should look at Kingdom Under Fire. It would fit Berserk style much better as well.

Those spongy attacks are really not satifying to the point where it's frustrating.

What a shame really the game looks nice, but the gameplay is atrocious, I'm already bored watching this.

>Serpico's musou/berserk mode

Yep, found my main

>The old anime didnt have such a level of detail either.

Fucking M D Geist had that level of detail you drooling monstrosity. And it was low budget as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=r8YSmZo59nI

There were shows from 2008 that had better cgi than this. No matter how faithful the show is to the source material people will claim it is shit if it looks like a fucking college student project cobbled together in their spare time.

holy fuck theyre just standing around waiting to get fucked

are all musous this shit?

Welcome to Musou, protip, they all play the same.
The only exception I found was Ken's Rage 1 which actually took A LOT of liberties from Musuou formula and was more of its own thing.
Attacks had much shorter range that actually made you feel like you're hitting enemies and not having air shockwaves murder everything in 20 meter radius, it was paced in slower way closer to the manga (outside of Ken's ATATATATATATATATA attacks obviously), you could jump and there were aerial movesets and the game in general had a lot more soul and depth to it than your average musou. It even had actual boss fights with multiple phases and shit.
And then they made Ken's Rage 2 and fucked everything up by making it a literal reskin of Dynasty Warriors. No more aerial movesets or jump, no more signature skills, no more boss fights (only generals aka same as regular enemies but with bigger model, more hp and higher dmg), no more anything fun. Just generic shitfest musou. Even the story mode got completely butchered.

Also just FYI, few months back they said they're basing this game on Ken's Rage 2. So abandon all hope.

You fat fucking niggers, I May have asked the question, but I was not the poster....Although i probably read a wrong translation...Although godo wasn't that stupidly edgy in the Trans I read.

I really like Musou games, and I spent a good few hours at each one of them since dynasty warriors 3, and to be honest this looks boring, bland and uninteresting.

Like Ken's Rage boring. I will probably pass.

Actually, the Translation I read from,mangasee.co/manga/?series=Berserk&chapter=178&index=2, seems similar enough. at least in the page you posted.

>I May have asked the question, but I was not the poster

think of mangas as story boards for a potential anime (or live action) adaption

i recognized specific pages from the manga recreated in the new berserk anime

Mangasee has a mix of band of the hawk shitlation and Dark Horse scans.
Cancer like you reading manga online is no different from the cancer that is streaming movies and anime.
Ergo get cancer and die like the cancer you are.

oh fug the future looks bleak as fuck

>I care enough about a shit Manga to buy it for what amounts to saying something in a different way. When it could be summed with Rape and anger.

uguu~

>all those implications
>too stupid to google
>too stupid to read
>too stupid to pirate

Yep, you are indeed cancer and I wish you and your entire family get cancer and die.

Fuck man I know its a berserk thread but chill that edge

or even just Sword of Wind, Berserk

That clip looks like ass

In the end I know what happens. You're simply trying to prevent others from enjoying Berserk so you can feel superior. And who's to say you aren't fucking with me. You haven't proven to me that there's a difference between the posted link and the Dark horse scans (however good those are)

good thing your opinion isnt fact

>2:25

those cape physics, those fucking animations, that camera holy shit and why the FUCK is he teleporting around

it sounds like ass too

>no different from the cancer that is streaming movies and anime

So paying for streaming video is out of the question? I'm no longer able to enjoy digital media and the only acceptable path is Physical Media?

>left right left right smash
>x500
jesus I hate musou
Every good franchise with dude and sword need DMC treatment.

A good Berserk game will never come out because you faggots never know what you want
>this is too slow!
>this is too fast!
>looks like he's cutting butter!
>no hit stun!
>where's gore?!

>what is a download

well that one's up for debate

but it aint gonna be wiv me

Looks boring tbqh

fair enough
it has a WAY better combat than dark souls

>Blaming consumers when companies have never ever listened to them.

The only thing they listen to is the sound money makes, or lack of thereof. Speak with your wallet retardo.

tired of queers who think berserk isnt perfectly suited for musou

ahha wow i beat this game and i dont even remember using the auto crossbow or the slide

Go cry about it on your blog.

>Shut-shut up soulsfag, it takes brains to play Musou, you just played on casual fucking reeeeee.

no i'd rather cry about everything like the average berserk fan

both games are shit anyway. Nioh/For Honor's gameplay mechanics would make a good Berserk game.

muso games get boring and stale after 30 seconds of gameplay.

I know they're both shit chocies, m8.

>For Honor's gameplay
>qte fest

no thank you, i would ratter have the same gameplay as the ps2 game

This nigger is why we need thread ids

>it takes brains to play Musou
god damn gonna use it as my lifes motto from now on

you're supposed to put bad opinions in retardposts

I like the one piece one, but it also had a shit load of characters who were unique. I kind of want to play as Serpico and Schierke but otherwise Berserk doesnt have much for character movesets.

wtf are tou talking about, for honor has worst combat system iv seen in years, 1v1 its if players are skilled 20 minutes of blocking, winner is one that has more patience, or if players are so-so its rock paper scissor in slow motion, anything other then 1v1 is cluster fuck of disappointment. Gonna agree on Nioh part tho it would fit berserk perfectly.

Cred Forums hipocrisy in his finest

Wow, it's Generic Japanese Hack and Slash!

wtf is wrong with this jpg

Muh nigga

Cred Forums butthurt is just the cherry on the top

>He kills Zodd

wtf, does this happen in the manga? Zodd is bro-tier.

DW8 is the first one I played (non spinoff) since 5 and I thought it was fucking great. You have to exploit enemies weakness and use counterattacks to beat anything past hard, plus the complete version is on PC so you can pirate it to see if you like it.

He doesn't kill him, it is just the fight at the hill of swords.

Musou is only hard on the bullshit difficulty man. And at that point is only cheap hard difficulty.

You only need half an A press.

Average Berserk fans don't cry about shitty games though. They just don't buy them while mocking them.

looks excellent.