I've recently had the misfortune of playing Goldeneye on Nintendo 64 and I'm going to tell you why it's quite possibly...

I've recently had the misfortune of playing Goldeneye on Nintendo 64 and I'm going to tell you why it's quite possibly the worst game ever. In all honesty this is the worst game Nintendo has ever developed. Worse than Star Fox and Donkey Kong, but don't get me started on them.

When you start the game you don't get any of the cheats. You're forced to go straight into the campaign. Also all the cool cheats are basically impossible to unlock. Good job Nintendo. Thankfully they had the brains to put in a fucking multiplayer mode but it can't go online which is a major issue. Nintendo forgot to give the 64 internet capability. You can only play with people in your house. If there are any dev shills that might be reading this, listen closely to what I'm about to say. STOP THE SPLITSCREEN SHIT. Idiots. Everyone has their own console and tv now. There's no need to have people in your house anymore. Get with the program. Playing next to other sweaty guys on one tv is gay as fuck anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EH92ddJ7dfI
youtube.com/watch?v=EH92ddJ7dfI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The first level is called "Dam" when it should be called "Damn this level sucks". This game has awful graphics. To prove it, see the image. On the left is a screenshot from Halo Reach. On the right is a screenshot from Goldeneye. As you can see, Reach has much better graphics. The pixels are actually way better than the Goldeneye pixels.

Nintendo 64 is the worst console for a shooter because the controller only has one stick. You move and look around with the same one. Why didn't they just make it like Xbox? Dumbasses.

Near the beginning of the game the Germans kill your best friend Alex Trebek but later you find out he's actually Goldeneye and you have to stop him before he blows up the Earth with his golden eyes or whatever. You don't get to kill Goldeneye till the end of the game though. Way to drag out the story, Nintendo. The entire game is basically filler.

You can carry dual versions of like a million weapons at once. Um, sorry Nintendo, but this is not realistic. Halo is much more realistic. In Halo you can only carry two guns. That is much more realistic. That's what it's like in the army. This is just dumb. You can't even jump. How retarded is that? How am I supposed to dodge bullets?

There's no voice acting in this game. All in-game dialogue is text. The game expects you to know how to read. What about everyone else? Does Nintendo hate people that are illiterate? Guess what, that's racist. And racists are illegal. If Nintendo doesn't stop hating illiterates then I'm gonna have to call the cops, okay?

Just when you thought this game couldn't get any worse at some parts during the game you get chased around by this ugly dude but if you kill him you fail the mission. WTF? Care to explain that one, Nintendo? I'm very confused. This is very bad game design.

Seriously, all you do is point, shoot, and move forward. This game is for babies. A baby could play this game easy, same with every other Nintendo 64 game. It wasn't till Xbox when the industry realized adults like me like to play games too.

I give Goldeneye a 0/10. Worst game ever.

Is this pasta or am i really seeing someone shitting on an old ass game like goldeneye?

there is a tiny bit of humor in how this is written in the exact style of all the bad reviews on GameFAQs, but I kind of have a feeling that's just you being a bad writer

1/10 did not even smile, visible sage

>Nintendo forgot to give the 64 internet capability
please stop, you're trying too hard

this is bait

it's not bait, it's a failed attempt at humor

This would be funnier if a significant amount of people actually defended Goldeneye 64 to this day.

This. What try hard bullshit. I thought there would be something funny but there was only OP being a faggot.

Whatevenwasthat/10

>nobody gets the reference
uncultured swine, the lot of you

I get that you're trying to be ironic which is really funny, but the controls really are shit, and the visuals have aged especially badly

I like it.

>reference
it reminds me of a million kids trying to copy Maddox's style 10 years ago and that's about it

you tried, OP

Goldeneye controls are fine, no idea how this became a popular thing to say.

Look at this shit and tell me it doesn't remind you of those "breach and clear" sections from modern shooters, only not on rails or in bullet time.

>all this time wasted, op tried so hard
Better luck next time

It's an FPS game played on console in which you can't move and aim at the same time. How is that in any way good

>in which you can't move and aim at the same time
Learn more about the game before posting.

>open a door and start shooting at enemies with shit AI
Cool

Because its not like designed like Quake and was made with that limitation in mind.

I'm confused, do you really think that having to hold two controllers at once to aim is good design?

Yes i did notice that the enemies act like retards that are unable to aim correctly, and it autoaims a ridiculous amount

Frigate is a really interesting level. It's like they decided to completely model the ship, with all the decks and rooms and engine areas, and then said "fuck it, turn this into a level somehow." It's very realistically mapped and very nonlinear--the whole mission is like a proto-Rainbow Six map with the whole hostage rescue thing.

Those were the basic guards in the game, they flinch from any bullet assuming it doesn't hit their gun. The hostage gets killed if you don't kill that guy first which is neat.

The auto aim is reduced on the higher two difficulties and the delay on enemy shooting is necessary given the sub 20 FPS.

>having to hold two controllers
Learn more about the game before posting. You're just proving my point trying to shit on a game you barely know anything about. Stop being a faggot trying to put a game "in its place" because you watched a youtube video and think it's overrated or whatever.

>in which you can't move and aim at the same time

But you can and you don't even need two controllers to do this. The left d-pad exists for a reason.

So you actually think that aiming with a d-pad makes for good controls?

>y-you havent even played it!!
Every single time lmao

You don't know even need the d-pad, just 1.2 control style, aka the default controls for Turok

this gets posted in every thread and people somehow still don't know it's a thing

>the delay on enemy shooting is necessary

That's what makes the game good though, you're supposed to be able to beat shit without getting hit. That's one of the things that makes it stand out.

>death animations are a dead art that were killed by ragdoll shit
feels bad

It's the same thing, you can use the c-buttons or the d-pad with that.

>d-pad
Learn more about the game before posting.

>Using the default controls
Anyone who's not a retard uses control scheme 1.2 with the c buttons to move and control stick to aim

I know. This wasn't a scripted death either.

>op thinks he's funny
>nah, this is tired and stale
>y-you guys are just butt hurt people don't like your classic game
>op proceeds to get anally devastated and shows his underage and fails to try to make points
>gets btfo even more

Pottery

Those 4 buttons on the right of the controller then, stop posting the same thing over and over like an autist. Point is that there isn't a single good control scheme for this game

Still feels like shit, and the aiming feels stiff no matter what you do

Finally something new on this shitty board.

>the aiming feels stiff no matter what you do
Now you're just making shit up to try and save face.

I'm not the guy arguing

I made this thread to see if people would get that it's from Arby n the Chief, but apparently it's been hijacked by quakefags so great

>Arby n the Chief
gay

no u

Goldeneye was a great game for it's time. It didn't age well graphically obviously and the AI was terrible even for back then, but I was 13 when it came out in 1997 and DAMMED if playing that game didn't make me feel like James Bond!

>I know OP is troll though.

>Still feels like shit, and the aiming feels stiff no matter what you do
Controller aiming has always been shit.

We taped a piece of cardboard to the tv so different teams couldnt see the other teams screen, because playing goldeneye would always end in physical violence

thread's dying so I guess I'll spoonfeed

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EH92ddJ7dfI

>hark! An olde maymay from a noble olde fage

Joke's on you, I played it with KB+M.

He's not lying though, you still have to change the lookahead option (and to ON, counter-intuitively), it order to make aiming not shit, but once you do it works just as well as anything else.

>Ond Burger

What the fuck is an ond?

Nice try OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=EH92ddJ7dfI

This is indeed what it is

At least you're trying user, many people don't even bother shitposting new threads anymore

I wouldn't say it's the worst game ever, but it is shit even for its time.

finally someone gets it

I was hoping your rant would be serious because I agree that it was a bad game overall. You disappoint me OP.