What a piece of shit

What a piece of shit.

That's like your opinion, man.

I'm replaying right now after finding out that there is a PC version that can run 1080/60fps, and it's pretty great so far

I agree! Let's talk about how great 4 is

not joking about 4 being great come on let's do it

Because of that thing we'll never have one like the original.

And that one was the best.

The Silent Hill series reached a point that 4 is welcomed as one of the good ones.

God Tier: Silent Hill 1, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3
High Tier: Silent Hill 4
Mid Tier: Silent Hill Origins, Silent Hill Shattered Memories
Bottom Tier: Silent Hill Homecoming, Silent Hill Downpour
Shit Tier: Silent Hill Book of Memories

If 4 could be considered bad back then, it really shows how far we've sunk with this industry. Let alone Silent Hill specifically

I'd consider Shattered Memories to have its own Tier under Shit. Given it took a gigantic dump all over Silent Hill 1 in so many ways and is for some reason pointed to as a valid remake of it.

This

Yeah, forever Silent Hill will be considered a purgatory.

Exactly.

No one likes Shattered Memories as a valid remake. It's a horrible remake. But it is a pretty decent story with some creative gameplay elements. It's not a good game, but it's a fun experience.

>Shattered Memories
>Mid

Why does everyone dislike it? I thought it was a pretty good alternative take on SH

Are you talking about James? Idk I sympathize for him

If you actually play Silent Hill 1 it falls very, very far short of it. Doesn't even have combat.

It's not even supposed to be Silent Hill. And compared to the original, it's just offensive. It's like remaking Terminator and making it an horror movie with jumpscares.

Everytime I play SH2 in my PC I get this fucking static noise in the game, cutscenes and FMVs. It's like mic static.
Anyone have a solution for this?

>Really bad chase gameplay
>Awful glitches
>Not scary even in the slightest

Otherwise, it was a pretty good ghost story that used SH1 character names to misguide us into its plot twist, while using some creative gameplay aspects. However, not everyone is willing to look past the above for this.

>ghost story
I don't know why I called it a ghost story. It was more of a 'mental purgatory' story.

Would it be worth it to play this on my PSP?

As far as I remember, it was pretty clear that it wasn't gonna be a 1:1 remake but rather something different with some elements from the original, so I don't get this whole "it's bad because it's not the same and doesn't have all the stuff (like combat) that the original had"
Kind of agree on the gameplay
Played it on PSP, and don't remember any glitches happening to me
Horror games don't scare since 2005, but I think the atmosphere was really cool and creepy

The first Silent Hill is very, very worth it. It's a bit like Resident Evil, with more psychological shit. But you still get weapons, and you kill the monsters. So it's 'Survival Horror' with a little 'Action Horror.' While a lot of scary shit happens, you can kill the scary shit. And that's good. So is the story, by 1999 standards.

Graphics are more than a little outdated, however in this game's case that weirdly adds to the horror, for me at least.

>roommate played nothing but Silent Hill 2 for several hours a day
>make any comment on the game and he spergs out to explain every minor character and plot detail
>got incredibly annoyed if you said anything about Angela or how she looked like she was 45
Are a lot of Silent Hill fans like this?

Pretty much sums up my opinions of the games to a T

I know right? Knife girl was a cunt.

Played it on mine around 2011
Even played on portable console at noon it still was amazing, so definitely try it

Knife girl was a cute!

I'm legitimately asking to fans of this game, do you actually like the gameplay, or is it the story/characters that make you like this game?

I started playing it and had an awful time. Combat was hilariously clunky, it wasn't scary at all, it was boring, the environments were all boring and samey, most of the game takes place in hallways full of generic doors and memorizing where shit is.

I got to the hospital and was in agony, I just wanted it to end, then I finally got to some boring boss which was just legs hanging from the ceiling, but was at lest releived that the hospital was over, only to be transported to another darker version of the hospital and immediately turned the game off and sold it after that.

I guess I've never been much of a lorefag either, so diaries or whatever just flew over my head

Eh. It's complicated. For the most part, yeah, a lot of Silent Hill fans are extremely sensitive mostly because the series has died. But if anything, some people find Silent Hill 2 to be completely flawless and the slightest criticism is not only pointless, but it proves how little you know.

If anything though, the Angela thing I KIND OF understand. The girl is supposed to be a teenger, but she was made to look that age because of all the HORRIBLE mental and physical trauma she went through in her life. Plus, the creators didn't want to make her look too young as it would have been hard to push a game explicitly detailing a young girl getting raped by her father. Making her older, it made the blow less harsh and probably helped them escape any ESRB issues. It was an earlier time. But then again, other games kind of got away with it.

I adore the Silent Hill series, but my interest is barely in the realm of gameplay. A lot of the horror fandom consists of players willing to overlook clunky controls for the sake of horror. For some, it adds to the horror, as you have to learn quick how to be competent at the game.

Some how this website can still make sick.

Spotted the pleb.

Spotted the bully

I am definitely a survival horror pleb, as my experience with the genre is almost entirely Dead Space, RE4/5, and not much else.

I guess it's just not for me, but even before I played and when I was skeptical of the gameplay, I was hoping that I would either get engrossed by the story or scared, and neither of those happened.