Star Fox

Why did this poor series have to get butchered so horribly after only 2 games?
It deserved so much more

Is Zero at least good, guys?

The first two games were straight up space shooters while showing off the hardware. Then Nintendo decided to make the series into a gimmick testing ground.

>tfw you see the Starfox 64 demo at Wal-mart for the first time

I thought it was alright. Most people's gripe with the game comes from the miyamotofied controls, but if you can get past them there's a solid starfox game.

>tfw my first experience with SF64 was at home
>because my dad brought it home on day 1

If you have to use the clunky fucking Wii U screen then it's already ruined for me

but this is a classic

I don't think Nintendo ever really cared about Star Fox.

>You know how shit Nintendo has become when a game they made in 1997 is still better than one they released this year

Miyamoto thought slapping StarFox on Rare's shitty Zelda clone was a good idea

I'm sure it's okay, but as someone who was willing to play Adventures and even Command tons of times, I gave up a couple hours in. I just couldn't stand the controls and did not care for the level design or how boss fights play out, though it's probably much better if you have the patience to adapt.

I've heard people say it's actually better than 64 if you give it time to see the accuracy of the controls, but there's something to be said for just being intuitive. All the other games sucked me in instantly, even if some weren't that great in retrospect.

No it isn't, literally only like two levels are on rails, there's no branching paths, and there's no alternate endings.
>Trust your cockpit view, Fox!

how can you not like this

That's true of lots of long-running series, from all sorts of companies.

It was okay but people bitch about it because MUH STARFOX. If you have to blame someone that's Miyamoto.

More like after 3. Though I think Adventures came first? No idea.

But Nintendo was NOT one of them until Wii, Iwata and casuals merged together on what is neo-Nintendo today

Yeah star fox adventures was actually a really good game it just gets a lot of shit for not being a traditional starfox game.

Never got around to playing assault but I've heard its average nothing horrible but does not live up to starfox 64.

How can you guys like that. Sure it is far from "ruining the franchise" tier, but it was god awfully boring, everything was so fucking slow.
This was the "Other M" of the starfox franchise.

>It does not live up to Star Fox 64

Nothing in the series does, m8-E. But... If Assault is 'average' and every other game after it is 'horrible' I think it would be worth including with it, though.

I've never understood what people like about this series. I played 64 and then zero and they were both the same to me, just meh

Try the snes, that is the best one

i've seen gameplay and it looks just as lame. What's the appeal?

People rightfully wanted a proper railshooter without the gimmick and branching paths.
But Miyamoto had other ideas

It's the same lame game though

It had great, if not the best GC graphics at the time, and some of the level desings were confy AF

The only thinkg that really ruined it for me was the final fight with Andross, but the rest of the game was passable with some bad moments here and there

Adventures is the definition of mediocre, but it isnt bad

No I waded through all the red flags and decided to buy it anyway because I wanted a new StarFox game to be good and cool and instead I got some Wii-tier gimmick shit that lasted about two hours and nothing else to do.

>only like two levels are on rails
Corneria
Sector a
Fortuna
Sector Omega
Corneria 2
Satellite Area 3

I used to REK starfox 64

my top score was over 1500

everything after that was succ

You remember how Kid Icarus: Uprising was a great game that was hampered by godawful controls?

SFZ is like that if it wasn't a great game but just an alright game.

Because Miyamoto is a senile old fart that lost his touch. As soon as I heard he was going to be directing Zero, I knew right there it wouldn't be good, and look how it turned out.