This is honestly the scariest game ever made

Especially Appleseed Orchard level

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-0fcxR-HUu8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why did they never make a sequel? I thought it sold pretty well

2 was fine... for the first half

I understand what you did there.

I've played scarier games, but I really liked it. Those birds and mannequins were pretty spooky.
Is the sequel any good?

They did. It went full retard though.

They did?

Went all supernatural though

It actually is. People will say it's Silent Hill 2 (It isn't, fuck off) or Amnesia, but Condemned causes a permanent level of anxiety throughout the entire game which very rarely drops off.

Condemned is one of my favorite games of all time.

2 was alright. I had a lot of fun playing Crime Scene online late at night with friends and strangers.

I like how they very rarely drop in a genuine monster to throw you off

There's a game that starts with F and is scarier than everything you have mentioned.

Why are you being cryptic? Just say the name of the game, you fucking faggot.

>Condemned came out 11 years ago

I remember the combat being brutal

>went all supernatural
That's what killed it for me. It was a grade A story and gameplay, but the story got retarded.

>the last level

I didn't even fight them I just ran away

The sequel was good but I didn't like it near as much as the original. Too much gun-play too.

I remember playing Criminal Origins on the 360 when it came out and really feel like I was playing a "next-gen" game at the time. Having a pistol with so few bullets and having to manually pull the mag out to check your ammo count cemented this feeling.

A shame nothing else did this going forward.

I just wanted to see if someone knew which game I was talking about.

fear?

Fatal Frame?

This one:Also, you're mah nigga.

It really is, the game had a very demented and twisted vibe to it. The sequel was pretty much as just good, awesome series

Yes.

Don't be ridiculous. Fatal isn't just a shitty game, it's also not scary.

>Walking around with a camera taking pictures of me spoopy ghosts

I like Condemned better. I was just guessing.

Hold on you piece of shit. Just go away please. The picture thing is just scary man, get out.

>walking around with a piece of wood, hitting spoopy hobos

Niether is your cheap-scare ridden bum-fight simulator

As opposed to a game where you're running around beating up drug addicts for god knows what reason.

The reasons are explained in the second one. The reasons are stupid.

Fatal Frame is cool and all but can we stay on topic?
I really like Condemned and would like to discuss it in this rare thread.

>Appleseed Orchard
>realize I have to go in the basement
Ha ha nope I'm fucking done

I don't think it's the scariest game ever, but it had a very good atmosphere, and a grounded style. It's all fighting bums with whatever you have nearby, shit is great.

Wasn't the first supernatural too? At least near the end.

This is now a Fatal Frame thread

So is her name Angel Rosa or Rosa Angel? Also why did she go from uggo to marginally hot?

Anyone else here excited for Resi7 based on the fact that it might play like Criminal Originals a bit?
That's how I'm looking at it.
Not as a hide n' seek simulator like Amnesia/Outlast, but more of a combination of those elements.

No it's not.

Why does it look so bad? I remember it looking better than that when I played

>release date 2005

Is the Fatal Frame 4 english patch thing worth playing?

It did look better.
That's running on PC with low spec hardware.

I actually enjoyed 2. Except for those last 2 fucking chapters.

You can make it look way better than that pic showed, it's like the lighting is turned off in it or something.

I played Condemned in recent times and the visuals weren't that bad

So were Monolith reusing assets between FEAR and Condemned? There were a few out-of-place environments in FEAR and I feel like they were just cutting costs. Which is fine because both games are wonderful.

Samurai-like guys were such a pain in the ass.
I didn't like how they made the game more difficult by taking away your tazer, I liked the tazer and the final boss fucking destroyed me, I had to save a couple times midfight in order to defeat him. I was playing on the hardest difficulty too, the fucker could kill me in one hit.

It's a pretty good translation as far as fan translations go. I don't know how faithful it really is, but it atleast reads well enough. That being said, 4 is IMO the weakest entry.

There are like 3 jumpscares in the entire game.
Fuck off, beating hobos is fun.

Actual scary game coming through.

Oooh yeah. I believe they even had the same footstep sounds at times, and debris sounds, and a lot of the physical trash was shared.

Koreans and their demented minds don't count

I agree with what everyone else says with 2 being retarded when you can just banshee wail headasplode every enemy, but the best part of either game was The Bear.

>tfw watching that fucking bear rip and tear those soldiers while soaking in bullets
>that one soldier that plays dead and starts crawling away when the bear sounds like it's far away
>tfw running through the maze of boxes and bullshit while it's busting through everything like a tank with jets attached
>that soldier close to death that is suppose to kill you, but gives you his gun instead
>only one shell left and you have to shoot the propane tanks just right
>soldier willingly accepts he'll die, he only cares about taking that bear down with him

A vidya has never made me feel more alive than I did defeating that fucking bear.

You should play Betrayer, made by former Monolith Productions guys at Blackpowder Games

While it is far more spooky and supernatural, I get the same kind of unsettling feeling from it than I did in Condemned, if that makes any sense.

Maybe they could make a spiritual successor to Condemned, after they do one to NOLF.

What is this, Siren?

Hobofight simulator was the first game I owned when I got the 360

Loved it, I wish hobofight 2 was on PC

mein nigger
the setting alone really hooked me. Hadn't heard of any other (excluding text adventures) vidya tapping into the Roanoke/Lost Colony mystery before.

i wish the multi was more popular. I had a blast when i could find a game.

Muh nigga.
I remember pulling my room mate in to show him that part of the game.

Betrayer is great. The weapons are original, the setting is spooky and it's dirt cheap. I would say the balance is a little off, you start going full stealth to avoid getting raped but become unstoppable later on, at least the last area has some extra though enemies and permanent night to ramp the difficulty up.
Also, that ending spooked me.

>mfw remembering the bear level

Comdomned's combat is terrible. So is its level designs and art direction.

Is it scary? I don't know. Is it shitty? Yes.

4u

Speaking of scary games, I've been trying to find that one japanese developer's I think he killed himself youtube page with all the unsettling games on it

2 was ok

Iwata?

>that is a jumpscare

>its actually an enemy trying to get the jump on you, hoping you arent paying attention when you open the closet.

good b8 though

I'm curious about what you're talking about. What is it?

>its actually an enemy trying to get the jump on you
>to get the jump on you
>jump on you
>jump

Yeah, you're right, it's not a JUMPscare at all.

Not sure, I just remember a "game" where it just scrolls through really fast on over 200 variations of a creepily drawn face

well it dosnt do anything scary, really the doors just whip open and there it is, an enemy. no intimidating or sudden movements or anything either.

really the intention is probably that you would open it in the dark, and would get caught flat footed and scramble for a moment to get youre shit together.

Condemned still feels like one of the few actually "next-gen" games from gen 7. I remember being amazed by the Gameinformer cover story.

>Especially Appleseed Orchard level

youtube.com/watch?v=-0fcxR-HUu8

Monoliths a great studio, sega was smart to diversify a bit and fund these games, even if it didnt always pan out for them

>that part where the guy is chasing you around the house

Are they really that good? I've wanted to play them but they are way down on the priority list for me. Like maybe if I found both for 10 dollars or less I'd be interested. Maybe..

The first one is very good. Go play it along with F.E.A.R

Amazing game, it's a shame it isn't more well known and that there's nothing else like it.

I swear those hobo women are basically a reskin of adult Alma from FEAR.

Incredibly popular at the time
Just like Fear

>This is honestly the scariest game ever made

Maybe if you're a gigantic pussy. Literally not a single scary part in the game.

Condemned was tense as Fuck. It's a shame we don't get good horror games anymore.

Is there resource management and puzzles?

>Start Doom 3
>jump at the little helper bot
>keep playing then shit hits the fan
>fucking demons and zombies everywhere
This game is fun.

>Maybe they could make a spiritual successor to Condemned, after they do one to NOLF.

It doesn't need to be a spiritual successor.

The guy behind Condemned at Monolith left and actually managed to take the rights to Condemned with him. He is currently shopping around for an indie dev capable of taking on the task of making another Condemned game.

Although, if it's going to continue on the route of Condemned 2 I'm not sure I want it. I'm not too fond of silly government conspiracies and bumfighting replaced with magic shouting power.

>Not mentioning Amnesia the dark decent.

No puzzles other than using a detective tool every once in a while.
No resource management, your health is restored through medkits but you can't carry them.

user that stuff is horror game 101 though. I'm still sort of interested but sounds disappointing that isn't a part of the game.

Amnesia is baby's first spooky walking simulator.

It's rehashed Penumbra with better graphics but dumbed down gameplay.

Condemned doesn't need to use resource management or puzzles or any of that other "horror game 101" stuff as a crutch for bad combat because the combat is actually pretty good.

There is one resource you have to manage if it makes you feel any better; bullets.

This, everyone always complains about the supernatural bullshit ruining 2 but in my opinion they already ruined 1's ending with supernatural bullshit. Still a great game though.

dont be dumb, plenty of good horror games dont have that stuff. they just rely on raw enemy threat or other mechanics more.

doom 3 is an excellent blend of action horror, you have all these guns but iyou are still scared that something will just walk up and molest half your health bar away

Condemned 1 was one of the best experiences I've ever had in gaming. 2 was OK for half, with the obviously great bear scene, but it imploded worse than any other game I've ever seen in the second half. But man, the mannequins and the school and the basement and the fucking everything about that first game...

I'm really praying re7 is more Condemned than Outlast and all of the data seems to point that way, even if the trailers lean towards Outlast

Power Drill Massacre
Afraid of Monsters
Silent Hill 1-4
Fatal Frame series
Siren series
Pathologic

Top tier spooky games for me

power drill massacre was not a very good game everything else on your list I agree with though.

Afraid of Monsters isn't good you stupid youtube nigger baby.

There was an extreme level of detail to the combat that most people didn't even notice, like how when you hit someone in the jaw you can send their teeth flying and the sound they made when they hit the floor was glorious.

these games arent BC on xbone are they?

First is, second isn't.

>People saying Condemned 1 is one of the scariest games ever.

What? It was just a bunch of crack hobos waving planks at you. The only genuinely scary part was the ending in the house when you were looking for the killer.

I played it when I was 13-14 and found it completely fine. Actually I think I found FEAR scarier, but then again I was a bit younger when I played that.

Probably the worst "horror" game I ever played

That whole part upset me. I beat the bear and then the C4 disarming. I got caught in an auto-save loop. I threw the C4 out of the window, it auto-saved, but then the C4 bounced back in and killed me. Then it would reload and repeat the bouncing back in to kill me. Made me mad enough to just quit the game.

>MUH ANCIENT EVIL CULT
fuck, it was so good