Play MG Rising on PC again

>play MG Rising on PC again
>now with controller(DualShock 4)
>can use the touchpad in the katana mode
why is this not considered the best videogame controller ever?

Because for every other game its a fucking button that takes up a fifth of the controller

Those quality of life thingies are top tier indeed, but the controller itself is still shit.
In Shadow Warrior -PS4 version, though, not through tinkering with PC- you can just swipe to get the double tap spells, making the game fucking fast.

Oh no, there's a big button in the middle of my controller instead of empty space!

Sometimes it's 2 actually. A little awkward to press in the middle of action, but it's like having 2 select buttons, so there's that at least.

I don't know, mg rising is the first game I used with this new controller and just by causality I swiped my finger in the touchpad and it worked, there must be other games compatible with it

Wait, did they add native support for the DS4 controller on the PC version of MGR?

Is that game even ON PS4 / XBO?

Were you holding blade mode while swiping? Because if so then it's related to the mouse being bound to the touchpad if you use certain driver software for the ds4, because you can cut with the mouse.

However, there are a few games that are multiplayerform and they support the touchpad.

Dying light is one of them. However it only functions as a menu button.

I know that Far Cry 4 has full functionality with the DS4

Warframe has the 4 powers mapped to the direction of swipe.

xbox one controller is way better.

I'm using the program DS4windows
yes I was holding the button, so that's must be it, the touchpad is a second mouse, still cool tough because the movement was precise and without input delay.

I use it all the time because its the only controller I have
It works really well for Dragons Dogma for aiming precisely with a bow on the fly and I used it on valkyria chronicles too. Its situational but still pretty awesome to have when you use it. Hell when my mouse broke a week ago I used the touchpad as a mouse until I could order a new one

wish the trackpad wasn't so jumpy, I could almost plat GTAV with the DS4 and gain a little precision sniping from the touchpad.

I know in TW3 you can use it to bring up the map and swipe around like you're using a mouse. It's not huge feature or anything but it's definitely faster to select waypoints and stuff like that instead of using the controller.

>I'm using the program DS4windows

Are you on Windows 10?

My DS3 is starting to die and I've been thinking about getting a new controller, torn between this and the Xbone pad - one of the biggest reasons I'm hesitant is that DS3 Tool/BetterDS3 (X360ce doesn't work at all on my system) only works in Test mode, and that fucks up a bunch of my other drivers so I have to reboot my PC every time I want to play a game with my controller.

>Says 2 reasons why it's good
>Calls it shit
>explains zero reasons as to why it's shit

I know, it's so good

The battery life is fucking infuriating, even with the lightbar and touchpad turned off

Does it work for all games, or only PlayStation now games?

it's not that bad I got a DS4 to use on my ps3 since I plan on getting a ps4 soon and my ps3 controller L3 was messing up and the battery seemed to last a few days for me and I play most of the day.

My main issue with the DS4 is that it's fucking low quality.

>you can just swipe to get the double tap spells
Double tap spells was one of the stupidest things I've seen in an fps. The devs could have easily mapped abilities to a button but were too retarded to realize "oh wait, double tapping slows combat, wouldn't that be awful in a fast paced game?"