youtube.com/watch?v=f1rBbG8lDJk
youtube.com/watch?v=rKekBTxJ5Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=YvqdCuM7RKM
fh3.epic-drives.com/
steamcommunity.com/app/517710/
youtube.com/watch?v=DaIZvCDWAcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ri5nI3Bt8VU&ab_channel=VehicleGames
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What would you call Forza or GT? They're sure as hell not simulators.

They have cars.

I miss this one like hell

They sure as hell aren't "arcade racers".

They need to make an updated version of pic related.

Yea, but we still have Riptide. Usually not a fan of mobile games or raping my battery to play them on my phone, but damn if Riptide isn't fun

youtube.com/watch?v=TZukj1-A_go
Every time I went bowling when I was a teen I would hear this when I entered the building, because the bowling alley had an arcade right in front, with this right next to the entrance doors.

Apparently someone is

youtu.be/5TtY3Wuet58

What'd I give for a online crazy taxi with a versus mode having player compete for fairs or getting the most fairs.

>liking racing games with a timer

Thank fucking god arcade style racers are dead, there, I said it.

Semi-realistic.
They are no cruisin' USA or Burnout.

youtube.com/watch?v=5cfYTeIem5k

Nah, they exist only on PC now. Console players don't appreciate them anymore because they're not cinematic movies.

Road Rash doesn't have a timer you fucking retard, compare Road Rash with Super Hang-On, they latter having an actual timer, that's what a fucking arcade racer is. If you want a modern Road Rash like game you have Road Redemption for that.

Simulators are a spectrum, as is arcade.

Trackmania 2 is still alive.

Ignore the latest release it's ubisoft shit.

Not only is GRIP a thing, some dude ported the games to PC.

codemonkey.me.uk/rollcage_redux.php
codemonkey.me.uk/rollcage_extreme.php

Plus there is webm related.

>Trackmania 2 is still alive
>Ignore the latest release
Doesn't sound very alive

latest release is trackmania turbo

it is not part of trackmania 2

This, this is OH SO RETRO visuals and aesthetics done right.
Shit, it's the whole god damn game done right.
BallisticNG was like everything Wip3out was yet it also had all the things I wished Wip3out and 2097 would have.

why do all these futuristic racers except f-zero have bland corridor tracks with soundtracks done by skrillex

'Cuz you're baiting.

You live under a rock, OP?

Are there any other games out there that have Wipeout HD's Zone mode? It's literally the only thing I did in Wipeout HD and would love for something similar to come along

never forget

racers will come back when some failed script writer does something about racing to save your daughter and makes a long-winded game out of it

imagine the final race being a QTE where you have to select the right memories to inspire you to pull ahead

if that was a pitch it was terrible and you should consider suicide

>go into cockpit view
>look at the passenger seat where your daughterfu is sitting
>she smiles and gives you a thumbs up

Would play desu

I liked this one, and not just because of the cover art.

>racers trash talk you over the com-links

Damn I need to play this again

This. If it had actual good game play, if play the hell out of a "Jason Statham knockoff saving his daughter by infiltrating an evil street racing gang"

>Mfw being trash talked at by someone before they make me eat shit SSX Tricky

Anyone else here back Formula Fusion. The racing is fine, but grinding to upgrade your racer is fucking cancer.

The AI, I mean.

>burnout 3 will never be re-released

its all i want, it's my favorite racing game of all time

Thank fucking god for that, game is a fucking disgrace

>hurrr you disagree with meeee baitttt baito desuuu

Faggot, go play Paradise fucking kiddo, then we'll talk.

I must have rented xgr2 at least 5 times

You sounded like you had an opinion worth looking at but then suddenly
>Paradise
especially with all that aggression as if you were completely serious

Horizon 3 is being released next Tuesday, where have you been OP?

>He likes paradise

How does it feel to have the shittiest taste ITT? Paradise killed Burnout it was so bad.

>think paradise is bad

oiamlaffing.jpg please continue

I loved them all, & want some more hyperspeed racing with actual ground contact.

Burnout Paradise was trash, please end your life

Everyone with a shred of taste hates paradise. Either you have no taste, or your a kid who grew up with it and that's why you are vehemently defending it.

I agree it was mostly bad, but to be honest, I really enjoyed just driving around the city, and I still play it every once in a while, because I just love driving around the empty streets. I do completely agree though, overall, as just a racing game, pretty fucking bad.

Good ol' Cred Forums being contrarian just to fit in, take out your nostalgia goggles fags.

We still need a new GAYBONA USA
preferably with wonky wheel fitment like the original SM2 game

>timer on top

Nope, keep that shit in the trash, where it belongs.

its the fucking future (in more ways than one) and cars STILL have no fucking weight to them.

fuck that

We need more stuff like HYDRO THUNDER.

It was already a PC game years ago you fucking dingus. And the guys who made the originals did those PC updates to allow people to keep playing their old games

Paradise wad fun for a bit, but 3 was and still is more fun. I wonder if I still have it sitting around somewhere.

it was an actual coin-op game dingus
the only reason you dont like timers is that you lost to them every time because you are fucking shit
get gud nigger

>video games that don't appeal to me belong in the trash

You sound like a fine well-rounded individual.

Now this is an opinion I can go hand to hand with, fags like to put things black and white everytime, if they like 3 more than paradise they'll render the latter as trash tier, how can they expect their opinions to be taken seriously after that statement, just look at this retard

You're the one being contrarian here, Paradise is widely regarded as the worst in the series. The open world is not fun, and the game itself has aged like milk.

Never mind the fact that you spend more time driving around the asinine town(the awful navigation system doesn't help things either) than racing... IN A FUCKING RACING GAME.

>hurr timers are gud you just need to gid gud!!!

Bunch of fags, coins in arcade racings are only there for you to stop playing the game, if you want to play more, you have to pay up more, it's literally a jewish system they had back in the day and be glad it's finally over.

Xbox 360 had a new hydro thunder game

This game is fucking fun as fuck.

No wonder so many fags love Burnout 3, considering its got casual mechanics like using boost whenever you want.

Paradise was amazing because it finally let you use traditional Burnout 1/2 mechanics again. It also had classic Burnout music instead of the pop/punk trash that was Burnout 3's soundtrack.

Let fags be fags, that's what they like to do, they'll never get better at racing games with that mentality.

timers add the extra tension tho
not only do you have to beat the other racers on the course you also have to beat the clock
and if you are still whining, then go back to your dumb dlc infected forza

Most pathetic samefagging i've ever seen. Literally off yourself.

Hydro Thunder Hurricane. It's not much but I remeber being in the top 1000 for like three of the tracks on the leaderboards. The boats weren't bad but they seemed a little toned down from the first game.

The water physics are similar to the Riptide games.

kickstarter.com/projects/896834116/the-90s-arcade-racer

we had a dream once but yet another kickstarter failure.

youtube.com/watch?v=f1rBbG8lDJk

>TFW H2Overdrive will never get a console/PC port

Nintendo published a new Cruis'n game, but no one noticed because arcades are dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=rKekBTxJ5Ms

>hurrr dlc forza

Why are you bringing up this shit when we're talking about arcade game, do you have a brain malfunction?

There are arcade games done good, example is fighting games, those have no timer and actually require you skill if you want to save up money/keep playing, another good mention is Space Harrier, you can battle Squilla for as long as you like because there's no timer.

Now, try to counter argue with experience, not with baseless accusations of modern games if you want your opinion to be taken seriously.

Sure thing, kiddo.

>16 grand kickster
man i would've just released the game as it was and left it
that's a fucking stupidly small budget to make any 3d video game

alright but where is the extreme-g? Best racing game on the N64, with a killer soundtrack

Fucking rekt.

I've never really played many racing games besides kart racers (which I fucking l9ve), but I have fond memories of racing my sister and friends in the arcade in various old cabs.

What are some recommended arcade racing games available to play in any way on PC? For reference, I've played and enjoyed:
>Burnout 3
>Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
>Burnout Paradise
>DiRT 2
>Hydro Thunder
>Daytina USA 2
>Max TT Superbike

I'm kinda considering getting Forza Horizon 3 at the moment.

Hydro Thunder Hurricane would be a good place to start. It has a really good pc port.

>accuses of samefagging
>samefags himself

Oh the irony, this is the retarded playerbase of Burnout 3, ladies and gentlemen, doesn't get more casual than this.

You gonna keep going or what? And Why the fuck are you so assblasted over people not liking Paradise?

>Yotsuba B

Just stop, dude, you only keep embarrasing yourself with every new post you make, fucking millenials these days.

I know that you prefer rubber banding AI competitors that let you won always, user. But don't think that others are as gay as you.

>Good PC Port
>Windows Store Exclusive

Pick 1

>accepts a jewish way of taking your money that invalidates any skill you might have at the game

I wonder who the gay one is now.

I really liked Extreme G

No one is forcing you to spend money on arcades. And no one is forcing you to keep complaining like a child.

>runs well
>dlc bundled in
>splitscreen natively works with a multimonitor setup
>has native controller support

It's a good port

Oh yeah, as if your artifact ridden monster of a jpg wasn't meant to hide that you tampered with it. What is your problem?

Same goes to you for replying to a 1 hour old post you turbonigger. Keep lurking, as you're not yet ready to post. Let the adults keep discussing.

When will we get a PC/Console port of Daytona USA 2?
youtube.com/watch?v=YvqdCuM7RKM

there will never be a new Hydro Thunder cabinet ever again

>tfw that surround sound
>tfw those crazy af courses
>tfw those realistic engine noises
>tfw that nitrous

HT hurricane sucks, just doesn't feel the same

>Actually made a webm to refute someone

You madman!

>What is your problem?

You tell me, you're the one who keeps replying, as if it was a matter of life and dead, move on already and admit you lost, this only goes downhill the more you continue, as I stated before. You trashed Paradise just because you think 3 is better, stating opinions as facts is never a good idea, and then you expect to be taken seriously? No one can be THAT retarded, noone until you appeared.

Thanks for also proving you are a samefag since only you replied this time, normally 2 reply if it's not a samefag, but you're too retarded to think on the little details

And silence.

KYS

>This fucking autism

Holy mother of god. THIS DELUSION!

So now that the autistic Paradise-loving samefag has killed himself, lets get back to talking about racing games. What do you guys think of this? is it good? i want to pick it up on steam.

>it's OutRun's 20th anniversary
>Sega is probably not going to do jack shit about it

It was okay. Tried to get back on some of that classic Need for SPeed action, by classic I mean pre-Underground garbage.

30th*

fuck I need to learn how to type

This series seriously was the fucking best. Even just that mechanic of grappling to make tight turns and learning how to abuse the fuck out of it was so god damn fun as a kid.

Thanks, i'll probably get it when it's on sale. If it's ever on sale.

Fucking retard, they were always pc games

I personally didn't like it all that much. It wasn't bad and as I said, it was a throw back to the classic NFS games, but it just couldn't keep me interested, especially with Forza and such hanging around.
It was still a good game and a step in the right direction. Underground and the ricer shit was fun and all, but that wasn't the NFS I knew and loved.

Might just reinstall this one and give it another go after FH3 is done downloading.

>What is Grip
>What is Redout

>Forza
>Arcade racer
>Can't drift around a corner at like 60 MPH, have to essentially slow down to 20ish MPH to actually take a corner and then start up again.
>Cars handle like they're the heaviest thing imaginable
>Burnouts before you can actually start moving.
>Drift like a motherfucker while barely turning.

What happened to Formula Fusion? Where is it? ;_;

It's not due until a year, man. Also, it's not looking too great. Handling is off and it's just slow and boring. Hopefully they can fix the issues people have been reporting, but I'm not excited anymore. It sucks, because it really was one of the games I wanted to be fucking good.

And there goes my hope for a new WipEout

And it's shit

And Raw Thrills is keeping American arcades in the grave

Sorry you couldn't git gud.

Sorry the game wasn't gud

nice reasons why its not good

fh3.epic-drives.com/

thoughts on the new map?

Almost everything it does, BallisticNG does better for free.
Only thing going on for it is track design which can be pretty wicked at places

seems like 2 different games really

the physics in both are too different to directly compare

does this count steamcommunity.com/app/517710/

>Com links are applied to the cars and fade in/out as you overtake them.
>...ing nigga COME UP ON DA SIDE imma gon awgh nah ma...

The physics in Redout are too wonky, whereas BallisticNG gets it picture perfect, mostly because they're outright stolen from WipEout.

>The physics in Redout are too wonky
what

They are after playing Redout it's closer to Podracer than Wipeout with the way the vehicles move.

But I doubt most people are old enough to have played that so >It's just a wipeout clone!

exactly

>no arcade racer will ever top it
>HD remake never because somebody probably lost the assets or whatever

it doesn't really matter OP because
local multiplayer is dead too ;_;

simcade

>local multiplayer is dead too ;_;
this really saddens me

>tfw host lans for mainly couch multi
>almost no games support it today

thank fuck emulators exist

more people need to play this online.

on pc servers are down

At first I didn't get BallisticNG. It just seemed so off from what I was used to(Wipeout HD), but I stuck with it for a while and eventually I got the hang of things.
Good god, this game feels good to play. The kind of bounciness to the crafts feels like riding on pillows mixed with cream. It's great. And, once you get pitching down and realise you can take off with the right timing of the afterburner, the game becomes downright nutty with the amazing shortcuts you can take. Flying across half the track, narrowly avoiding invisible walls and respawn triggers is something special.
I hate to sound like a massive shill, but I love this game and the fact that it's free just makes it so much better. Honesty, I wouldn't mind paying money for something like this, but that's just me. I really appreciate the devs of this.

>get a VR headset Yeah, I know, "REEEEEEEEEEE"
>really want to play Flatout 2 in VR
>vorpx is shit
>stuck with Assetto, Dirt Rally and pCars
>play them a bit each
>now over hundreds of hours in VR between them all
>buy a new wheel just to improve the experience
>try my new wheel on Flatout 2
>can't enjoy it because it isn't VR

>Top 1000
Get good scrub...nah good stuff man. I was 3rd on the first level, top 10 in a few others. I wonder where I am now, if the online still functions. Damn that game was fun with friends.

Donated another 10 bucks to the devs this morning. Did you know that by entering 2280 in the menu, you get HD/Fury physics, with sideshifting, barrel rolls and all that shit.

Yeah, I know, but I haven't been able to get it to work. Don't really know why, but when I type 2280 in the main menu, or any other menu, it does nothing.

Huh, I just tried it, always wrote it on the numpad.
You on steam or the ones off the zone?

>Arcade-Style games are dead

FTFY

What? Forza Horizon 3 comes out in a few days

I'm on the Steam version, if that makes any difference. Is there some option to turn cheats on or something else I'm missing?

Didn't you make this thread yesterday you nigger.
They aren't dead.

I actually don't remember if i did. I don't think i did. I guess it shows how passionate people are for them if other people are saying the same thing

All Stars Racing Transformed was a pretty great Arcade racer minus the questionable roster of characters.

Too bad Sega wont make another one.

I've really been enjoying Redout on pc

I can't afford it, but want to play it pretty badly. It doesn't look as challenging as WipEout or F-Zero GX, but that's fine. I just want a game with nice sense of speed and good, visually appealing tracks.

BallisticNG, it's free

Already 15 hours in. This is me. I suck balls, but the game is fun.

this good?

Sextremely good

Beyond good. It's fantastic. I don't want to overhype the game too much, so just do yourself a favour and play it. It should be very cheap.

Is Pulse or Pure the better PSP game?

I know it's not exactly arcade, but now that wipeout is gone I think Fast Racing NEO would be a good spiritual sequel. It's even just got it's first dlc which is all extra stages and shit. It's good stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=DaIZvCDWAcQ

>I think Fast Racing NEO would be a good spiritual sequel
Not really. It doesn't play anything like it. The visuals are somewhat like WipEout, but that's where the similarities stop. Either way, I hope they make more games. They've proven they can do some cool shit and I hope they release a sequel.

That's a very good question. Pulse handles a LOT better, being closer to HD. Hell, HD is just a souped up Pulse.
Pure on the other hand has slightly weirder physics, but much much much more content than probably any WipEout game ever.

Pure is a much "purer" atmosphere with vivid and colourful tracks and outlandish designs with green fields, huge parks and such.
Pulse is a lot darker, gloomier and grittier. The tracks consist of prison architecture, unfinished highways, sewers and such.

I just wanted to mention FRN in this thread because it didn't look like anyone else had and I want them to do well because new games like this are few and far between but nobody will ever play it because Wii U.

Sounds interesting. I loved HD Fury, so I guess I'll check out Pulse first. Thanks.

I hear ya. FRN is neat for what it is, but it doesn't have as much content or gameplay depth as I'd like out of a game like this. But, like I said, I hope they make a sequel sometime. It was obviously popular enough to warrant a DLC pack, so that's good news.

>WipEout® Complete Game Pack

11 pounds on psn uk, should I get this or order a used copy off ebay?

Please help my favorite vidya is kill

You're going to pirate both of them, why not give both a go?
Pure has a fuckton of DLC and best of all, it's all free. Pure has some DLC and it costs.
PS2 version of Pulse came with all the DLC.

Just get the PSN pack, no hassling around with discs. Also should be a lot cheaper on PSN because physical HD is quite pricey, even worse if it's sealed which is basically a collectors item by now.

ok thanks lad

>arcade games are dead
good
boring pieces of shit

>tfw I pirated this on day 1 to check if I liked it
>bought it a month later and found out the online was already dead

>play too many sims on technical tracks
>arcade racers feel too easy now, nothing has enough turns

shame too because its a really underrated gem

track racing feels slow af to me, the only sims or simcades I find fun are rally games

Casual Simulators.

Steam tagged it with "Arcade", so that counts, right?

Fuckin Redout needs to come to consoles asap

After they added online multiplayer

>HD remake never because somebody probably lost the assets or whatever

Well, for a remake they would need to recreate everything even if they had them. Unless you mean a port (AKA remaster), but at worst they could disassemble it - I would guess that it's simpler than let's say MGS2 and 3, which were ported that way.

I'll always laugh at that picture knowing what happened with him later.

the "some dude" who updated the game to run on newer pcs with bugfixes and shit is the lead programmer of those games

what was taht game with insane speed with some kind of bullet bike wher eyou need monstrous reflexes and its impossible for most people?

Ballistics

UNF wut gaem

>can't read filename

summer is gone

>tfw no need for speed or midnight club like games
What happned?

HYDROOOO THUNDER

DAMN THE TORPEDOES hehehe he said "damn"

>mfw breaking the sound barrier for the first time

He said Arcade Racing games
Not Muh realism driving sim 20000000 polygon cars games

>Ctrl + F
>No Tubeslider

youtube.com/watch?v=Ri5nI3Bt8VU&ab_channel=VehicleGames

>those tracks
>that music
>those ships
>that whistling sound the ships make
>being able to select boosters or turbo at the start of a race

This game was the definite futuristic racer. It's a shame it was never as popular as wipeout and f-zero

>Forza
>realism
Uhh, okay, let me finish this cross country ofroad event with my Ferrari and I'll post you some pics of REALISM in Forza horizon.