Faggot mods deleted the last one

Faggot mods deleted the last one
DRAGON QUEST 7 THREAD

Other urls found in this thread:

dq7.org/dq7_jobm7.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5X6FicbIK0I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

maybe it was a hint
perhaps you should go to just throwing out ideas...

Why are you created new DQ thread when here already is one up?

three dq7 threads created within a minute of each other lmao

Every thread discussing a singular game should just be purged off this board, is that right?>

How many battles does it take to level up a vocation rank? Is there a chart or anything?

Did you even read the OP post, mods deleted the old one. Probably because actual game discussion isn't allowed on neo/v/

yeah every time a new game comes out and people want to talk about it they should go the the general board instead of the video game board

too true mate, you're so correct

They're deleting them because you're effectively a general at this point.

Bitch, carry on, consolidate or start making normal threads, just bear in mind that bursting into multiple threads on deletion because you always need one up is the entire reason for /vg/ in the first place

>Did you even read the OP post, mods deleted the old one.
Yes, meant the one created 30 sec before this one you fucking fag.

Stupid mods. How dare we talk about a game only 4 days old.

That was not the point you god damn retard.
The point was that the OP keept making /vg/ threads on Cred Forums.

1 guy keeps posting about how its a general.

lol get a life faggot

/vg/ was a mistake

Wait, they're deleting these threads but Overwatch still gets tons of threads daily? Fucking bullshit, and I'm not even playing the game cause I don't have a 3ds.

Being this new should be bannable.

I don't buy censored games.

>its a general thread because the guy wrote general on the first post
Yet people were talking for 500 posts about the game itself.

You're also overlooking that we have tons of threads that are 'generals' but just don't say it on the initial thread. Not to mention the two threads up right now devoted to fat girls, but those won't be deleted.

I just got to the ygg tree, pretty small island desu but i'm planning on just exploring everything i might have missed in the present after this island, does anyone know how far into the game the mini medal dude shows up?

stop shitting up the thread, it's a new game. are you implying that any discussion of a video game should be taken to the general board?
why does every DQ thread have like a 50/50 chance of being derailed in like the first 5 posts

Cred ForumsDQfags are the worst.

Here's your (You), now go away

Why is Ruff so cute? He's a puppy personified and I love it. He's like the coolest little brother ever.

I just got the jobs, how much game is left? Cause Im really enjoying it.

Are you guys so fucking retarded you can't understand the difference between Cred Forums and /vg/?
I want summer to leave already.

80 hours. More if you do the monster dungeons, end game dungeons and class grinding.

instead of fighting you to prevent you from reaching the well they just purposefully form a circle of npc's around it

i love dq so much

Are you just deliberately ignoring what general means in this context or what? /vg/ exists, it's not really for continuing game discussion it's for forum fags such as yourself that need a game specific community and a 24/7 space to speak in

Use it or not but don't whine when you're called out

This thread is only focused on a single topic; an argument about generals. So clearly its a general thread and should be deleted.

please fuck off
seriously the second anyone tries to actually talk about a new video game on fucking Cred Forums of all places you fuckers sperg the fuck out

notice;
>new game

Except this isn't a specific game community. He's not wrong about it being a recently released game and if people want to talk about it here they can. Are you shitting up SMT4 Apocalypse threads with this nonsense as well?

maybe you're right and we should just spam eceleb and waifu threads instead of actually talking about games
please stop derailing thread

A general thread about generals. That's deep.

Every new game a reasonable amount of popularity and hype gets constant discussion threads because people want to talk about the game they are playing/just finished. A /vg/ general wouldn't make these threads any less prevalent, instead this keeps all the discussion in a single thread. This isn't something unique to Dragon Quest.

Also, DQ generals usually don't last more tgan twenty posts.

How do you know when you're too high levelled for an area? Does it tell you, or do you just kind of realise you're not getting job levels any more?

If this is not a fucking general, why did mods delete the last one?

after 450 posts?
someone probably posted lewds

I'm wondering the same thing. I hit 20 but i'm still getting class levels from slimes. i thought it was going to stop

He just deleted the girl Cred Forums thread aswell, humorless shitstain. Lighten the fuck up.

It doesn't tell you unfortunately. Something I found out the hard way when leveling in the desert. Basically did the whole dungeon and didn't gain any class levels for anyone except Ruff.

>Marible is sitting a 1 battle needed to max Priest
>can't level it until I find some higher level monsters

Funny how daily Witcher 3 and Overwatch threads never get deleted despite the obvious shilling.

>Marible is sitting a 1 battle needed to max Priest
How do you know that? Does it tell you somewhere or have you been keeping track yourself

>someone probably posted lewds
Nope, no one did.

I just want to talk about DQ7. How are y'all liking the remake so far? I'm doing the revisit of Greenthumb right now. I wonder how long until I get Melvin.

OP was probably banned elsewhere and his posts all got deleted.

When you go to AllTrades Abbey, there's a old lady behind a counter who tells you how many battles you need to do before the next class level up. She told me Maribel only need 1 more battle to level up and she has 7 stars right now.

Talk to the old lady in alltrades abbey

Oh cool, thanks.

>pirate ruff
>paladin hero

I have so many non mp/hit all abilities holy shit

and i just found my first metal slime, 1kexp per kill oh here we go

>not having the hero be a pirate

REMINDER TO ALL

GO TO THE DOWNLOAD BAR IN HAVEN
and download the tablets, they disappear Sept 31 and you wont be able to get them afterwards. One tablet is full of metal and golden mannequin enemies that give FUCKLOADS of EXP and gold on defeat.

I used Hatchet Man to kill a metal mannequin and got 17000 exp. Jumped from 18 to 21 just like that.

a waifufag unto the very end.

Is it explained what happened to Ellie? I just read the note which basically says that Ellie and Captain Goodwinding went hunting and something happened but that something wasn't explained.

How far into the game is that? DQVII is on my backlog for a while so is it something I can rush to within a few hours of olaying?

Shit Ive been neglecting the migrant monster thing.

How do you unlock the download bar?

My version of the haven is empty except for one girl amd the slime dude.

>One tablet is full of metal and golden mannequin enemies that give FUCKLOADS of EXP and gold on defeat.
>I used Hatchet Man to kill a metal mannequin and got 17000 exp. Jumped from 18 to 21 just like that.
Why would you ruin the game for yourself?

You won't get Haven itself until like 4 hours into the game, dunno about hte download bar thing

Reminder that Maribel is only half a year younger than Jessica.

THANK....YOU....

Kek maribel just convinced the wife of the lazy guy in grondel to leave him.

Fucking Ruff
>get to Wilted Heart in the past
>red slime bumps into me
>Ruff says he a pet slime and that they are cute
>talk to the owner
>Ruff says "Hey Arus! Ask her if we can have her pet slime!"
This kid is just too cute.

Anyone got a list of locations of all the immigrant monsters?

The clue is vague as fuck. Wheres the third one?

Apparently shes in a high place.

Got a healslime heart, now how long is it gonna take for me to get Multiheal with this?

Alright, so for anyone interested, after unlocking Haven (Future Regenstein) you need to unlock he download bar first.

You'll recruit Phlegmrique first which you shouldn't miss from the clues. Next you'll find one guy in Estard's inn, second floor. And then a girl in Ballymolloy's tower on the second floor.

After recruiting these 3 you should be able to use the download bar

focused strength/knuckle sandwhich + sap + oomph
>700 damage
and i only de/buffed once each holy shit

if you don't grind...a very long time

>not playing SMT A instead
DQ is "my first JRPG" tier. u guys should stop wasting time

>If I died, you'd remember me forever and ever, wouldn't you, Arus?
>Yes
>You would? Good. Well, in that case, I suppose I'd remember you too.
Dammit Maribel. Don't say shit like that. This better not be foreshadowing.

>the main character levels up the slowest in the group

>want to be able to get DLC tablets
>currently on second island, trying to get through volcano dungeon
>monsters keep wrecking my shit
>MONSTERS BLOCKED YOUR WAY xD
>literally just a slime
fucking christ

Well, I would play SMTA, but unlike Fatlus, Square Enix are at least quality fucking publishers who release their games globally in a timely manner.

>running from one monster

>losing to the volcano monsters

damn, this is my first DQ and I thought the Volcano dungeon was a breeze.

SMT is honestly pretty boring.

>Cutest monster
>Most bro when recruited

Why are slime knights top tier?

better hit slimetree forest then. thanks.

If I'm reading this right dq7.org/dq7_jobm7.html it would take 160 battles.

>he can't enjoy both

It's not like they're on other systems either. Stop turning everything into a contest mate where you force yourself to only buy and enjoy one thing.

SMT is edgy trash
No one wants to beg monsters to be their friends, and leveling them up is a chore
You can't get attached to them because you just fuse them when you get tired of them
You can't even roam around on the map and talk to people, you just scroll through names of places, really a buzzkill

Anyone know the level caps for the three DLC maps?

I only had a problem with the imps

and occasionally the cats when they just keep blinding you

>People naming the protagonist Auster for 3DS canon
>Not superior manga canon Arus

Anons...

the DLC maps have no level cap

do you think the slime knight is the green slime itself or the knight that's sitting on the the slime?

maybe the knight figure is a part of the slime's body and it can control it to fight

I've just started playing it (Just raised the first island and got the boat) and...I'm kind of disappointed? I mean I just started so it may improve a lot, but so far I'm a bit turned off

It's mostly the pacing (2 hours before a battle? Seriously? And the silly amount of backtracking), the way combat feels (Kind of sluggish and attacks don't feel too satisfying. I don't know, it's not as snappy as the DS IV-VI, or as showey as IX's. Sort of this awkward in between), and Maribel being perhaps the most aggravating character in the series. I don't think I've ever been annoyed at a character enough to turn me off of a game before, but boy is she close

Does it get any better in these regards? One thing I did like though was how the first dungeon had some puzzle elements. DQ games don't do that too often. If it does more of that then I'll be a bit happier

The bestiaries explain it differently depending on the game.

Even that easy one for level 20ish characters with the mini leaf heroes?
That would be awesome.

>If you died and came back to life, I guess I'd let you follow me around. Hey, you're SUPPOSE to say thank you!

Oh boy. Maybe I won't bother then.

The start really isnt good.
Gets better though, basically at the point where you are at now.

I don't have a 3DS but I'm thinking about replaying the PSX version because there's all these threads lately.

It's probably better if I just wait 6 months or a year until it's playable on Citra but no one will be discussing it then.

Its only really helpful if you want multi heal on Druid.

Dude, the regular story takes over 100 hours and that's not counting grinding for different classes

The story is the important part, if you're playing just to defeat bosses like DS then you're playing the wrong game

Angry at seeing their slime-friends bullied by swaggering adventurers, these courageous little monsters swore an oath to defend them.

I'm thinking of longterm having Maribel end up a Druid, so I guess I'll do it. I guess Multiheal will be valuable to have anyway

Not many puzzles at all, and the entire game is kinda based around backtracking with the revisiting areas in the present.
As for Maribel, I like her well enough but there does come a point where you dont need to have her in your party.

oh yeah, everything you described basically gets better exponentially as you progress

Mind that omniheal is on hero and platsime only.

I figure you still lose keifer but can you change your party members how you like at end-game?

All DQ games start pretty slowly. You have a good 2-5 hours before you get to explore on your own and usually have to follow a few set story events. But as time goes on, you get more freedom.

Dragon Quest VII is probably the slowest start because even after you get past the prologue period, the next 15-20 hours is still a 'prologue'. You're doing set story arcs and gain set abilities. After completing the long story arc to get classes unlocked, suddenly the game opens up and you have too much to do. Multiple side quests, the main story events, grinding classes, monster tablets, monster hearts, monster recruitment, going back to previous areas to get items with the thief key. I've been basically doing this stuff all day and haven't even gone to the next main story event.

>Naming your character the canon
loser

She leaves your party for an extended period of time and wont be back until you have a full party again. After that you can pick an choose.

What job should I have Ruff aiming towards do you think?

Long term goal is to have Hero as Hero and maybe Maribel as a Druid, but not sure what to do with Ruff.

okay good. Because I read basically at end-game in the original you have to choose 2 out of Ruff Melvin and Aira and that's that

What are the reqs for hero in this game? Same as VI?

monster masher/pirate/gladiator would be good since he won't need MP for those classes and they're all powerful, then you'd be able to unlock hero class for him.

anyone have a list of shit to get with the thief's key

is it worth backtracking to get all that stuff?

fuck meant to reply to

I don't even know the classes

Is there a detailed guide for them

>implying
I named my hero Arus.

>leveling them up is a chore
who even bother levelling demon in SMT ? you use them to fuse stronger one.

which class is ruff the cutest in

>DQ7
>buy and enjoy
whole game is a chore. 5 was last good DQ

Two intermediates and an advanced class, or three intermediates.

I plan on having the Hero get Godhand and then go to Hero. Maribel going from Summoner to hero. Not sure what I want to do with the rest of these niggers.

Every DQ is enjoyable, just like every SMT is. Try to have more fun.

Don't care, your game blows dicks

Can we at least agree Persona is for faggots and P5 romance options are for literal cuckolds?

Remember not to respond to obvious attention trolls. When no one responds to them, they go away.

I wanted to like SMT IV, but I didn't.
So why would I play SMT IV A?

Shepard.

Not him, but 4a basically improves everything mechanically. If the only thing keeping you from enjoying it was mechanics anyway. The tone is potentially much happier or darker as well, depending on which ending you choose to strive for.

Just finished the desert. How long until i get another party member?

is SMT4A a sequel? Or is it more like P4 Golden, just the same but with improvements? I never played SMT4

Man, Maribel's a cunt

I hope her bullying gets even more outrageous

>Running through volcano dungeon
>accidentally fall into huge whole that i assume is the lava hole
>close 3ds while contemplating whether or not to turn my game off and go through that again
D-did I fuck it up or am I meant to do that?

It's kinda a sequel. The game is set during the events of one of 4's ending that override 4's story to make it's own.

You don't need to play 4 to understand it, it just helps gives some immediate perspective on the story.

>you can romance your teacher
>for cucks

Hot memes! Get yer hot memes here! dolla dolla for each meme!

I found out in the first dungeon near the top floor
You can walk off the ledge and it exits you out of the dungeon quickly

it's an immediate sequel to SMT4. You could play it without playing SMT4, but I don't see why you would do that. Also, the story wouldn't have the same impact if you didn't play the first one first.

>dad is built like motherfucking Hercules
>am a scrawny twig
What happened?

it wasn't the superior Dragon Quest 5.

steroids are 18+

Your dad got cucked by pike.

Not even joking.

>Pregnant girl romance
>Romance where Yakuza gabgrape your girlfriend
>Not for cucks

W-What. Is this true?

it branches off from SMT4's neutral branch

Sorry user, but just like in real life, you might have to deal with women who have had previous sexual partners. I know it's tough for people who have low self esteem, because then it means that the woman has a baseline for quality sex, which you probably are not able to supply.

The giant muscles are canceled out by the giant fat from mom.

That's not how muscles and fat work, user.

you aren't born a bodybuilder user

and you're like 14

You aren't far enough if you believe this.

It's early on still yeah. the MC levels up the slowest of the 4

I'm wondering when keifer will get 2 levels before I get one

so how far in the game is the guy you hand mini medals too?

Tips for the clock dungeon? Shit is really confusing.

>Accepting non-virgins has marriage partners

Enjoy your relationship to more likely end in divorce.

>get to village where everyone is stone
>kid pops up from underground
>he doesn't give a fuck

I want that guy as a party member

>you only save one kid
>nothing is really resolved
>in the end the rest of the town including the petrified townspeople crumbled to dust

first part? you can fall down the platform
second part: teleport maze? good luck with that, I don't remember that, just brute force
third pard: giant clock? start at XII and go counter-clockwise

I just got to the Abbey and I have no idea how the jobs work. What would be good first jobs for the three characters?

I dropped DQ8 when I heard we were getting the 3DS version. I'd rather enjoy the entire game with the extras the 3DS version has. I was at the part where Jessica rejoins your party and the dog runs off with the scepter. How far away from the end of the game was I? I had the feeling I was nearing the end.

>at 48 hours after the Egypt-like island

How far am I through the game?

how?

I was at like 25 hours when i beat that island

I think you had like a third of the game left. Maybe a bit more.

I take my time and try not to miss anything.

>Eight hours
>Only reached the third island the one with stone people
I am going so slowly, damn. I heard you can download special things from internet on that island in the present, is that true?

>How are you actually enjoying the game?
pls

fair enough, i'm just curious since i've been trying to talk to people and explore between islands as well as try out the bonus stuff but i have no idea what i'd do to stretch everything i do two fold

99% sure i haven't missed anything at all either, do you guys just walk around the islands doing nothing?

Really? Jesus that game is long. Ah well, it'll be nice to play through the 3DS version and still have some surprises left.

This is an entirely mod-created problem though, the extra threads wouldn't have existed if hot pockets didn't slap his dick on the keyboard like he just did and delete it.

/vg/ is not the dumping ground for shit you personally don't want to see, hide it and move on

Unfortunately the mods, who are basically shitposters with ban powers at this point, seem to think it is the containment board for things they don't personally want to see like the whinefaggots.

My first run of the game was a bit over 100 hours. My second more informed run was about 80. I even got to a higher level and got more items.

Guess the mod doesn't like DQ. Makes sense, W3 and OW are normie-tier and mods are all normies who are totally out of touch with the boards and the site as whole, it's no wonder moderation is shit, they don't know what the fuck they are doing or why, they just delete whatever and ban whatever based on their own personal tastes.

>all this back and forth in Knights vs Magic island
Jesus kill me.

Which one is better as the hero first job among Warrior, Fighter and Priest?

You need to go back to 1st grade and repeat English class again. I can barely make out what the fuck you are trying to say.

>the thing turning people to stone was just a tongue-fu fighter

ok

that's wrong btw

Can someone post that list the guy always spams at the start of threads of what versions of games is best?

>DQ threads getting deleted
>meanwhile e-celeb threads still up and reaching post limits

Just another day in Cred Forums.

Must have missed that chat. I don't remember seeing that one.

W
H
Y can't they just make another Dragon Warrior Monsters game (and release it in the west). Those were the best single player monster collection games.

>I heard there's a special medicine that can cure anything in the mountains go get it
>okay but fuck that
>actually let's go back to emberdale instead

There's a lot of dialog with her between almost every important NPC conversation and most being y/n questions. As said, a lot are foreshadowing.

By "mountains" they mean Volcano, but because of it being separated by time, you have to go back to that time's Emberdale to get it.

>People had no problem with fourteen MGS/Witcher/Flavour of the month threads a day
>Having one DQ thread makes it a general

Go fuck yourselves so hard, this place isn't exclusive to what the hive mind enjoys.

Enjoying the game so far though, about to finish the alltrades abbey stuff and finally get my new vocations!

exactly

he should be fat and muscular, like that sexy beast yangus

I'm and lol. I swear I party chat after every npc, but I must have missed that one. Oh well.

That means that is forshadowing. I know she leaves the party for a long time, but I don't know why or how. Damn. I wonder how it happens. I guess I'll see eventually.

>dqm joker 1
>gigantes has low chance of spawning in extremely earn part of game
>1% scout chance
>he carries me threw most of the early game

fuck i loved that game, might give it a play after 7

Do some things get resolved later on?

Like that town with the old guy and the kid who escaped the stone rain? What happened to the robot guys wife and his brother? There's more but I can't think of it.

Also, why did the same water trick not work on the first town with the statues yet it did on the second?

Regenstein is weird because you don't really resolve anything. You restore one kid back from petrification and he lives with an old man, and in the future the town wastes away to nothing, and everyone petrified crumbled to dust. And to top it off you're just oh well can't fix em all

>Also, why did the same water trick not work on the first town with the statues yet it did on the second?

they explain that when it happened

since the villagers were turned to stone so long ago their bodies have eroded away due to the weather and the "elements", which is why you could revive the kid who was hiding underground when he was turned to stone

the second village was stoned a little before you got there iirc so their bodies were all intact

That makes literally no sense, why would it cure a kid who was underground anyway?

Surely after you use it the second time your characters should think 'yeah maybe we just fucked up somehow and should try again?' not like there isn't any water left.

The old dude and the kid travel the world to warn other towns of the rain, and their warning ends up saving the lives of at least one town.

>Like that town with the old guy and the kid who escaped the stone rain?
They are mentioned later in Greenthumb

>What happened to the robot guys wife and his brother?
Not wife, but love interest to the brothers. She apparently died to a monster when out with Thaddeus when they were younger.

>Also, why did the same water trick not work on the first town with the statues yet it did on the second?
Because they had been statues for, what we could assume is decades, since the old man was seen in one of the flashbacks as a young man. The weather's wear on the statues prevented them from being restored. The rain in Greenthumb is presumed to have recently fell on them, since the monster responsible is still there when you arrive.

Yeah, I won't say anything to spoil it, but almost everything she says that is a question is foreshadowing.

>That makes literally no sense, why would it cure a kid who was underground anyway?

he wasn't exposed to the elements, so he was able to be restored. Everyone else had been weathered by the outside for decades considering the one man left was in his prime back when everyone was turned to stone.

You'll see the boy's dad fucking falls to pieces in front of you.

>Carraway doesn't want to run away with lavender because he's worried about how his family will get buy without him
>so he just runs away by himself without his waifu

uh

is this the saddest DQ game in the series? i keep getting my feelers tugged, in that fort town that keeps attacking robots there's a kid kicking a dead robot for killing his dad and i found a soldier saying "wake up, come on now, open your eyes, you wont get off that easy, get up now" and when you press A on the guy he's holding it just says "A lifeless corpse" ;__;

>thanks for avenging my husband, who fell in the last battle
>yep he took a pretty big spill when he tripped!

if your fiance ran away with your gardener would you keep paying his family to plant your seeds

especially when their son is planting seeds in your fiance OHHH

>i keep getting my feelers tugged
wow, you're getting that from a video game? usually i have to pay some skank or do it myself.

it's amazing how far technology has come

Does everyone use their real name for DQ heroes?

So the islands aren't universally in the same time period in the past, are they?

no, i name mine dickus.

i got tired of thinking up names, and that's just my default name for everything now.

dick kickem in anything that lets me use last names

Where the fuck is the tablet piece in the Temple? I've gone to both the future and past versions and nothing is there. The tip says it's in a secret passage. I can't find it. :(

I've never understood anyone who gives their characters names like this.

How can you enjoy the game with a name so fucking dumb? Do you not take it seriously?

I get jealous every time there's a party chat about Piers

Dickus is my name asshole

i am depression and it makes the world just a tiny bit brighter outside, and i got tired of thinking up names so it's easy just to name them all dickus.

>Do you not take it seriously?
if i get really serious in rping, i name him richard kickem

Asshole is my name, dickus.

Sorry to hear that man, suppose that's good reasoning for it.

>Tfw my grandfather was called Richard but everyone called him Dick.

if it helps any, i don't really find it that funny or anything, it's just kind of a thing now. a thing i do. like, yep, that's dickus. he's a hero.

Hadn't seen much of that since my last trip through there to tell Donald about Kiefer. She basically told him off. Only ever talking to him so she could get discounts on dresses.

I think I might like her for that aspect as well, reminds me of Nabiki.

I'm still not far in. I just got past the stone village.

go back to the past and speak to hidad in the nihal river area

after a bunch of cutscenes search for a hidden staircase in the room behind the queens bedroom in the now partly fixed up egypt city

Anyone? Its kind of annoying. :(

Pretty hacky material, you're just piggybacking on something that already purposefully worded as a double entendre and adding nothing. Boooooo.

i'll piggyback on your mother and add a new brother to your family, faggot

look at the post literally written a minute before you posted that dude

Get off the stage, booooo.

that one wasn't a joke

Sorry mate, didn't see it. Thanks!

While I'm here, where do I go to get the DLC?

you should have unlocked "the haven" in the present, zoom over there and do all your talking
once you recruit 3 "monster" npc's (not monster meadows, you have to find these npc's with hints in the games past and present) a bar will open up where you can download dlc dungeons

I honestly forgot the hint that they gave me. Something about the next monster being a vegetable? Any guide that I can find on this so I don't miss out?

I think the second monster is in estard, the second floor of the inn near the castle

the third is somewhere in ballymolloy

>is this the saddest DQ game in the series
Not really. Individually, the doll and the plague professor mini stories from IX are the saddest ones for me.

5 MC's life is the saddest for me. He just gets fucked by life so hard. Sure he get's some nice things to happen to him, but it doesn't undo all the unfortunate shit that happened to him.

I wanted to, but apparently SMT4A is a direct sequel to SMT4, and I haven't played that one yet.

it's weird honestly how DQV covers his entire life.

I just hope you married best girl

the most fascinating thing about the game to me is how well it covers his life story

like so much that happened in the dq5 universe hinged on what he chose to do and you get to experience his entire life leading up to those events

easily my favourite game of all time

>cayenne cooks the feast by herself
>with her special "cayenne spices"
>think to myself "oh god here it comes"
>"then the poison hasn't kicked in yet", completely deadpan and accent-free
>heart skips a beat thanks to that curse sound
>"...JUST KIDDING"

Your post pretty much sums it up perfectly. I don't think I've played any other game that tell the tale of a mans life so well. The game starts with him being born and follow him through all the pain. All the ups and the downs. It's a very nice experience.

>that pic
>Marrying worst girl

>if he elope and prevent the marriage = the debt won't be pardoned
>if he go alone = the debt will be gone and he won't see his lover married to other guy and be a cuck

>then the poison hasn't kicked in yet
YOOOOO I forgot that she said that. Oh man that makes the revisit so much better.

Nera is worst girl and I don't have any more pics of Deborah. The only one I have was posted in the thread already.

Yeah, that's why I said individually, meaning the mini side quest story that doesn't involve the MC. If it's main story overall, V is currently the saddest one for me, but I haven't played VIII and still on 15 hours in VII so I couldn't tell yet.

here have a deborah webm

my only problem with deborah is that since this is dragon quest and thus akira toriyama I keep reading her name as Dabura instead of, you know, fucking Debra.

8 has it's moments and it's definitely elevated by the superb voice acting.

I made a bunch of DQMBRV webms like more than a year ago. I was going to do them all, but I stopped at this webm. This game has some really nice fanfare in it's finishers. If you've played the game where the character is from, then you get to see a bunch of little nods.

DQV will always be one of my favourites but the turban bugs me

I always wondered why the DQ5 hero never got a signature sword but then I realized he's not the hero

Also since this is a DQ7 thread have some DQ7 character webms

What are these from?

>the turban bugs me
But that's the best part of his design.

Battle Road V

Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory. A jap exclusive enhanced port/version of an monster battling arcade game.

Let's see who can get the reference here.

Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory

Isn't it that Kiryl's AI in DQ4 was really bad so he's constantly try casting the instant death spell on anything and constantly fail?

I love the turban.

Correct. I love how they can look back and see how terrible his AI was and make fun of it.

Does anyone have the DQ7 Hero finisher?

>enemy hearts don't auto filter to bag when organizing

A small inconvenience for the amount of money you make selling them.

DQIX has my favorite ones I think even though it has the most lacking party (because in reality it's just you)

i never get them while farming the forest.
is there an item you need first to make them drop?

First relationship is more likely to end in a divorce than relationship with experienced people.

these finishers look really stupid

Also if anyone's interested, that attack is actually in IX, it's a co-op de grace which I'm sure you never saw because the likely hood if you being able to use a co-op de grace is miniscule as fuck.

they even had to resort to literally who is Aquila's sister

You look really stupid!

I don't think so. But I recall someone in the previous thread having a similar problem. I just came right to the slime forest after getting vocations opened and had them drop every other battle or so. On the 2nd set of them now and have 15 more hearts.

It's release week you cunt. We still have hourly legion threads

You never see comments like those in Bloodborne threads.

Really makes you think.

That's Quadraslash and the second one is Disco Stew. I think I did Quadraslash once. The chance that your coup de grace will trigger is raised by how many other people in the party have it triggered. I forgot how many turns is lasts, but I'm fairly certain it's tied to your level. I knew it back when I was playing 4 so I always delayed my coup de grace until the last turn, just in case someone else triggers theirs.

So I just got wiped by Cardinal Sin within three turns?

First turn he focuses my hero and then AOE's me. Second turn double AOE, by the third turn only Ruff, who has no healing whatsever, is alive.
High priestess never once heals me.

So yeah, that was fucking fun.

Any tips?

That game is fucking ridiculous.

Fucking Morrie man, its impossible to not love him.

Can't wait to have him in my party in DQ8 for 3DS.

>who has no healing whatsoever
Didn't it occur to you to give him the stone once you got your abilities back?

Spend every other turn healing, even if that character is already topped off? I gave Ruff the Salvation Stone so he could heal as well and not burn through medical herbs.

Can't honestly speak from experience, in both versions of the game, the only fight to ever give me problems was the damn Pig and Cat monster fight after rescuing the Priestess. Those fuckers are cheap shits.

The stone does fuck all healing compared to the damage his orb aoe does.

It was hitting near 50 when most of my characters are 100hp. I need multiheal or fucking soimething, this is ridiculous.

It'd be ok if he didn't fucking spam that ability.

RNG is just going to fuck you hard sometimes, not much you can do or say about it

What level are you?
I was around 15-16 and I got through it with pretty much no problems (probably because for some reason every guest I had throughout the entire island kept critting like a montherfucker; I saw more crits there than I had throughout the entirety of the game up until that point).

You also might be undergeared, I don't remember getting hit for 50 by anything at that point. At most it was like 25-30.

Just beat him, entire fight he didn't use the orb aoe. First battle he used nothing but that and sizzle.
I think as that other user said it's just RNG, I'm level 17-18 and decently geared out from the card thing in the casino.

What's everyone's vocations looking like?

Hero: Warrior and Sailor
Maribel: Mage and Priest
Ruff: Thief and Martial Artist

Trying to decide what to do next.

Hero: Paladin
Maribel: Sage
Ruff: Pirate

guilty of grinding slimes to get advanced vocations early

>spoiler
That's what I'm doing, making bank on slime hearts too.

Can you fuck up vocations or are you kinda good to mess about with them?

Just rolled my first set, going for a Paladin with the MC so just started Martial artist.

Sage for Maribel, going for Mage first.

Priest for Ruff, only because he's pretty quick and that could come in handy, don't know what I want for him in the end though.

There's really nothing to worry about. All basic vocations have useful skills that carry over (some more useful than others of course) and all intermediates will eventually lead up to the hero class so you can do whatever and still end up powerful.

The only way to 'fuck up' vocations is when you change to a new vocation and then the story locks you from going anywhere, and you have to make do with your weak, no skill, level 1 vocation.

>no way to judge the relative power of anything that isn't a spell (since spells at least have the Ka- prefixes and -le suffixes)
This always pisses me off about DQ games.
They really need to provide more information about spells and abilities.

What DQ needs is WAY less fixed damage spells and abilities.

I agree.
DQ9 did it right by introducing Magical Might and Magical Mending and having spell damage and healing scale with them respectively.

how do i get these retards who all think they're the demon king to drink the dew of life? no one seems to progress the plot. (including the old man)

They especially need a way to organize spells and abilities
I hate opening the box for it and I have a full page of different abilities that all do the exact same thing and I don't even know which one is best because there's no info.

Have you given it to the mayor?

IIRC you need to pour the dew into the well.

Just figured out I have to use it from the inventory, rather than assuming talking would do the job

Thanks

Either the old man or the fairy tell you about the grotto below the tree, and the fairy shows you the entrance.

The villagers should have blocked the well before that

>Bandit outside their hideout asks you where Alltrades is
>Tell him to piss off, which is their keyphrase to gain entrance
>Ruff is all confused and disappointed in you because you didn't help the nice man who wanted to know where Alltrades is

Holy fuck, Ruff's party dialogue is so fucking adorable.

sheeit there are metal slimes in here

Is there any way to meet Keifer after he leaves?

I know he aint coming back, but it'd be nice to speak to him and see what's going down with him.

the party chats with maribel and ruff are great.

You can meet his grave.

The game is quite fun, but holy shit, that old school RPG system where you have to talk to NPCs in specific order to progress the plot can be really annoying.
>go find the serpent, hero
>go to the river bank, my teammates tell me to find any clues, but there's nothing
>turns out I have to speak with all/some villagers after receiving seal of approval from their chief, including himself, otherwise the appropriate cutscene won't trigger, even though I already knew what to do
And it's third of so instance of this happening.

Hero: Fisherman's Son
Maribel: Mayor's Daughter
Ruff: Wolf Boy

>>go find the serpent, hero
>>go to the river bank, my teammates tell me to find any clues, but there's nothing

>even though I already knew what to do
where have you seen something that matches the description of the serpent?

you think DQ XI will have that kind of system with mp healing/might stats?

mai waifu

>Counting Sheep
>Costs 0
>Puts all enemies to sleep with what seems to be a pretty reliable success rate

too good

Oh my God I still have like three fucking islands left before jobs.

Robo-Psaro was pretty hype though.

How do you casino? Do you just spend all your money for coins and reset until you won big?

I hope you made Ruff a Shepherd, it's the only right choice.

Yes.
Playing it legitimately is foolish because Dragon Quest games often provide the most realistic casino experience ever since you never fucking win.

If I streetpass with the DLC tablets can I give them out to my friend? He might not make it in time.

I bought 200 coins and played the 3rd machine from the left. Hit a few good wins and even got triple 7s once, brought me up to a bit over 1k before I quit.

Right now I'm making pretty good gold just farming Slime Hearts while leveling vocations.

I knew I have to go for the skull at that one excavation site, but that scene at the riverbank still had to be triggered. Yet, for some reason once the professor joins you it's almost on-rails experience where you don't have to go to each location manually.
But the site being on the only island I cannot zoom to was annoying as well.

>zoom not working in the past
boooo

Of course

Do I let the machine stops by itself or should I press a to stop it?

It stops itself. Pressing buttons doesn't effect it.

Good.

>spent literally 3 hours going back and forth trying to figure out where that professor guy is in the desert
>ainlessly spinning the camera around
>find him looking at a pillar
FUCK

Hero: Warrior and Martial Artist
Maribel: Priest and Mage
Ruff: Shepherd and Jester
Mervyn: Troubadour
Hero,Ruff and Maribel are almost 8 stars.
So i gotta decide what i wanna go next.

Wait, is there a specific reason to? I made him a thief.

once you master thief and shepherd you unlock monster masher which is a really good class

Is there another Casino or at least another place to exchange tokens later in the game?
I hit four 7's on the 10 token slot machine, so now I'm drowning in tokens and I'm wondering if I should just turn them into gold now or wait.

>suddenly a Lala poster

I hadn't progressed since getting vocations opened, I should get Mervyn before I get to much further ahead.

That's fine, make him a Shepherd next though, so he can become a Monster Masher. But the joke is he's literally a wolf in sheep's clothing.

MC: Warrior, Martial Artist, Mage, Priest, Dancer, working on Thief
Ruff: Warrior, Martial Artist, Priest, Dancer, Thief, working on Mage
Maribel: Warrior, Martial Artist, Mage, Priest, Dancer, working on Thief

I intend to have everyone master every basic vocation including Shepherd and Jester, I haven't even had anyone start a second tier job yet

Thanks.

>he's literally a wolf in sheep's clothing.
I never even noticed that.

>I should get Mervyn before I get to much further ahead.
What Island are you at?
I'm having trouble with 2 different Islands and 1 boss in the present.

Hadn't advanced to the next island after Alltrades, no rush since I'm happily farming Vocations while lurking. Still need to deal with the bandits.

Not only was there less time before you got there, everyone except Carraway and Lavender got inside before being turned to stone all the way, and Lavender was underneath Carraway, so they were all protected from the weather and elements, I'm guessing the reason Carraway was the only one left in a coma after being restored was because his statue body was damaged a bit before you revived everyone

I like to imagine that helping Felix and the old man really did make a difference here and everyone ran inside and mostly saved themselves because they heard the story of the grey rain and if not for them it would have been Regenstein 2.0; someone does even mention them visiting before it happened

I hated DQVII back on the PS1. Easily the shittiest of them.

That said, is Sword Dance still OP as fuck for most of the game? Did they do any balancing for anything?

Hey niggers how might a degenerate waifufag get Maribel into a bunny outfit? Is that shit possible in this?

it gets worse, if you come back later there is a little girl kicking a robot for killing its little brother in the same place

There is.

I thought about doing this at first, but I decided against it because I don't like the idea of everyone having the same skills outside of character-specific stuff like Ruff's wolf shit.
I like my party members to be unique.

You can get her into an exposed-thigh china dress by making her a Martial Artist.

Where is that "Lucky" slot machine everyone is talking bout?

The slot machine on the far right that the guy is sitting at

Yes they changed a lot of the moves and moved quite a bit of stuff around.
Sword dance is now exclusive to pirate and hero as well as being slightly nerfed.

Really? My lucky slot was the 3rd from the left.

In the past or present?

Not sure. All I know is that some guy said it had more 7's than normal

Neat, I'll be saving my tokens then. Thanks!

Yes. Since Zelda days I have always just used my name.

Auster sounds better.

Fuuuck. I'm missing one green piece and I have no idea where to find it, I just did the Greenthumb questline, went to the cave and beat the treasure, and went to the same place at the precent. But my fragment-finder isn't blinking at any of those places. Not sure how long back I need to go

I used to use Hero for everything.
These days I use Shu (and then Jinkou if there's a last name option)

Arus is from the Japanese manga, Auster is for the translated western manga.

Ask your menu for hints on the next one. Or party chat in random places.

I've always named him Loto

Aha, thanks user, said I had to go to L'Arca.

>just obtained "thin air" skill
>100 damage to every enemy for 0 mp
jesus christ

>get thin air
>maribel goes back to being a useless bitch
>maribel gets kafrizzle
>other two back to buffing and healing
Have yet to surpass thin air

Do you forgive Kiefer for abandoning you for some pussy?

I named him Arus at first but then I switched to Auster to go along with all the other name changes in the western version. If I were playing the PS1 version, I would use Arus again

Yes. Especially after his letter in the end. I did feel really betrayed though. Someone post the Keifer DQMBRV flame slash.

I just don't get why he goes 'WELL LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO GO AWAY FOREVER NOW' like he can't just use the teleportal to occasionally come home and visit his friends and family who miss him

That area is pretty significant to the Roamers so it's not like they'll never go there again

No. Dude could have gone back at ANY TIME but no.
>Sorry guys but fuck the islands, I wanna protect some ethnics instead.

So in the second visit to Greenthumb, I'm totally finished here after I see Carraway visiting Lavender's grave, and the new mayor running Cayenne and Dill out of town, right? There aren't any more events left to find, are there?

How much online stuff is in this? I just want a single player game.

I just finished Ruff Thief grinding. Which is better next for him, Shepherd( then Monster Tamer) or Mariner( then Pirate)?

Very little, it's a purely singleplayer game with a tiny amount of free DLC content and being able to exchange optional dungeons online

me too .... LEWD

>thought that I could go back in time to meet him whenever since the location was pretty important to the Roamers
>mfw the Roamers had already left the island

>They took the tents with them
>Can't get to those locked chests in the chief's tent

Shepherd for Monster Masher.

Just unlocked it for him, Gladiator for Hero and Sage for Maribel, shit's about to get easy.

I finished dharma and started slime grinding jobs last night. It's so much fucking faster than on ps1 it's unreal. Gonna get all 3 to master priest and then unlock 2 intermediate jobs or so and continue normally. Slime grind 2 gud

Any other first time players of VII feeling like this is becoming their favorite DQ? I'll be honest and say the only other ones I played were V snes, IV ds and nes, and III snes but honestly I have about 30 hours in VII so far and have to say I feel like I'm liking it even more then I enjoyed those.

Reminder that you can rename your characters at dharma in the present.

VII was the only mainline one I hadn't played, and I think it's going to take a spot with V and VIII as one of my favorites

If some of you guys are just getting into DQ or have only played the main games i'd REALLY suggest giving dragon quest monsters joker on DS as go

it's easily up there with the best games and it'll give you an idea of why people are begging for the 3DS game too.

skip dqmj 2 though it's trash

>joker 3 is getting a professional version
>not even a whimper of us getting any of the 3DS monsters games
Suffering

Where's the present day tree island? I beat it but the island doesn't appear. There's only the likeness statue island being white since you can't get there by your ship. Gotta get the carpet first.

I love it.

I pirated the game can I still do it? And more importantly will Nintendo sneakily download the firmware update without me knowing if I turn on the wifi?

So I've been reading that I shouldn't grind early on, at which point do I actually start grinding? I'm at the Volcano Dungeon.

>party is around level 19 right now
>don't even know what the fuck Hatchet Man is
Resisting the urge to class grind gets harder and harder every time I come here

If it didn't appear you missed something in the past, make sure you talked to everyone in town and got a thank you from the tree fairy

You can grind, but you have to make sure to not reach lv20 before the Abbey

grinding character levels is completely unnecessary since job are more important. it'll only hinder you since you don't want to reach the level caps early on.

The entire point of /vg/ was to remove threads that get remade as soon as the old one dies without fail. This is one of those threads.

hatchet man is like a set chance to hit or miss but a hit garuntees a crit

it's basically used for farming metal slimes because it'll 1 hit if it does connect instead of the regular 1-2 damage

hatchet man is from the warrior job i think about half way into it, pretty easy to get without grinding

Got to the tower where i need the stone.

I talked to uncle pike and he wants me to find someone rich but i went to every mansion and the richest man in the world is not home

lmao what the fuck are you lying for?
vg was made because 90% of the threads on v were recurring /generals/ that continued for years

These threads are too slow to last on /vg/, and they'll be gone from Cred Forums in another week anyway when the initial hype wears off, just like every single other somewhat-niche big release that gets this kind of treatment

/vg/ was made to get rid of shit like LoL General where the thread was always up for 2 years

If threads like this weren't allowed you just wouldn't really be able to discuss this game on Cred Forums at all

took over an hour before the first battle. Now I'm curious to how much shit was cut since people say it took 4 hours in the original.

When do I get to alltrades abbey in this one?

Not my #1 favourite perhaps, but I'm really liking it so far; a lot more than I expected to, in fact. If it stays as enjoyable as it has been, it'll be among my top 3, for sure.

The original had a long puzzle dungeon in place of that stupid 4 items fetch quest, and more dialogue before that

I don't see how what I said contradicts what you said?

On ps1 the estard shrine was a dungeon with puzzles and stuff. It took about an hour

~15-20 hours, depending on how quickly you play

Its just below V for me, just some minor annoyances.

>These threads are too slow to last on /vg/

What are you talking about? Slower threads can survive much better there. It usually takes like two hours of no replies for a thread to die. On Cred Forums it's 30 minutes at most.

It's always any new jrpg that gets the "hurr go to vg" shitposting. Why is that? These threads won't exist in a few more days and people want to discuss a new giant ass game with complexity. Fuck off and go suck a dick if a thread about video games is getting in the way of your T H I C C threads or blog posting or ecelebs

>years
>reading comprehension

the games been out for like 4 days
tell us why we can't discuss video games on the video game board? if all video game discussion was supposed to go to /vg/ then what the fuck are people supposed to talk about here?

or are you too new to remember anything before this board became a shitpost nightmare

Where do you get knuckle sandwhich?

Waiting for the patch first.

>one of the mysterious fragments is a casino prize

In Cred Forums you aren't allowed to discuss a game that's already been discussed in the last hour

Thought V was fucking boring. Don't know what fags see in it. No. Slavery and being a statue didn't make the shit good. Spend most of the game with slime knights as a party. Dull as fuck. Plus the wives are shit.

focused strength is warrior and knuckle sandwhich is martial artist i think

It hurts Cred Forums. It hurts.
youtube.com/watch?v=5X6FicbIK0I

I hear it every battle i'm in

FUCK YEAH ROMHACKS AND UNLOCKED 3DS

Have a good long think about which class might be so bold as to learn knuckle sandwich

I can't speak for everyone but personally I like how the protagonist isn't the actual hero and I love being able to recruit monsters though it did mean that the actual human characters weren't as good as they could have been.

I hear this every fight

> you play as the hero in dqv you're just sitting inside your dads balls the whole game

Monster recruitment was sweet dawg, and the party chat was on point.

>Maribel has to master a shit ton of jobs to get to Fluid Druid
>she can also go Healslime to get party heal
Jesus Christ

As a fan of V I agree about the wives, I found all three dull as fuck and either outclassed or just about useless in battle.

how many mini medals do i need to get the fragment piece from the mni medal guy?

four party member is gonna feel so overkill now that i have jobs

>firmware updates mattering
You haven't really hacked your 3DS. Also yeah you can still do it

where's the tablet in the italian furry town?
I already participated in their game.

If you reply to tripfags you are part of the problem.

Should be laying on the floor in the shop.

Updates no logner matters go to /hbg/ on /vg/

All I want in life is Terry's Wonderland

Wait is the druid a t3 class or a t2? I don't see any info on it on old wikis

Tier 3. Have to go through Sage and Luminary to get it

Oh i thought it was called Summoner

Does this game run fine on the original 3DS? Or is it one of those games you need a New 3DS due to performance issues?

Runs fine

Thanks!

I know nothing of Dragon quest but there was a certain character wearing a red hood, princess of something? What game is she in?

Probably thinking of the the princess of moonbroke from DQII, she's a qt.

So how do you defeat metal slime?

Also, where can you view all the medals you collected and how much medals do you actually need?

>not naming him Arus to protest the pointless name changes

Does this gam have an equivalent to Armamentalidst/Mage Knight?

fuck casinos
thankfully gold golems show up before you actually need that piece

They're straight up one of the vocations in this game.

Oh sweet, because they weren't in the original DQVII

Still too early for the class guides to have been released I guess. I don't know how Godhand and Summoner were changed.

>all the art of with dog ears and a tail
Love this shit

>either outclassed or just about useless in battle
This. Mai waifu was Gigantes and Dragon.

That's exactly the one, thank you.

if only every DQ game looked like that.

Why? Just curious. I've just unlock haven and my party is level 8 or so.

Is it worth upgrading gear at present l'arca? I figure there must be another new town soon, but ruff is so frail. I live in fear of wasting money, goddamn.

>I used Hatchet Man to kill a metal mannequin and got 17000 exp. Jumped from 18 to 21 just like that.
what the fuuuuck

I'm stuxk in present pompous's house.

How do I solve the four statues facing in puzzle?

Im retarded please help.

just unlocked classes, where is the slime grinding everyones talking about

you should have it unlocked already

go to the haven in the present time, if you haven't been there yet they'll ask you to find the first npc who's wondering around the docks in estard
you get a tablet that is used in the haven to enter monster dungeons, the tablet you get from the npc you found is the slime dungeon tablet

>How Japanese art is better than western art.jpg

ah sweet, ive already unlocked it

First monster tablet you get from Haven. I suggest recruiting a few more monsters so you can get the DLC tablets as well.

On that note, I read somewhere you can only have a certain number of tablets. I have a bunch of duplicate tablets so how do I get rid of them?

What the FUCK. I'm fighting the machines and it's 3 battles in a row? How the fuck do I beat the green one?

Is it worth buying Edged boomerang? I still have regular boomerang from the robot island.

Yeah, it's good.

I've bought two and I'm still using both a good 15 hours later. Go fort it, they're worth every penny.

Spam any multi-target moves you have for the first two battles to make them go by as quickly as possible; if you have Boomerangs, they work great. For the final battle, use Buff on your weaker party members, and debuff the boss with Sap (this should be standard procedure, really), and you should beat him handily before you run out of MP or healing herbs.

it probably won't stick but you can put him to sleep

What important things should I buy?

I know some rpgs give you items in dungeons that are sold in shops
I don't know should I waste it on the thorn whip

You'll find decent equipment for him quickly enough. Maybe get him some armour just to be safe. You likely have a bone stake for him already.

I thought this game was supposed to be a light hearted adventure.

Why the fuck is there a robot serving soup to its long dead master, a love triangle with no happy ending and a sword that steals souls?

When does monster park become usable? I've recruited multiple monsters but still can't do anything with them yet. I've just finished the German tree town with all the 'Demon Kings', how long left until I can send monsters to find tablets?

Boomerangs are by far the best weapon in any DQ game. So buying an upgraded one is a necessity. You'll be using that Edged Boomerang for 30+ hours as well. The fact that both Hero and Gabo (Ruff) can equip it is amazing. Only other game I can think of where you have two party members using a boomerang is DQV.

Not for a while. I think you get Mervyn first.

Also, remember you can equip a different weapon in the middle of battle. This is good for boss battles. Use a boomerang/whip for all mob battles, then switch to single target weapons (swords, fangs, knives) for bosses.

also keep in mind that you can't unequip weapons, unlike DQ8, so if you don't want your confused Hero from killing the rest of your party, keep a cypress stick or an equally shitty weapon in every inventory

I'm at Robo Island at between Hero, Ruff and Maribel's thorn whip this shit has become easy mode.

That's no problem since my MC is the weakest of all.

Once you get classes you might as well just have everyone get at least a few ranks in Warrior for Rude Awakening, it costs no MP and heals confusion without doing any damage

>Cardinal Sin
>The Time Being

I've always wondered, are the enemy names all silly puns in the original version too or just in the localizations

I like it, gives the game a unique charm

At least in the more cut and dry ps1 version these enemies didn't have punny names.

>seed of resilience as a random drop

what's the chance? 1/256? 1/65536?

>The Master of Nu'un

1/2,147,483,647

>Faggot mods deleted the last one
DQ7 deserves nothing less than the scorn of the mods. Game is garbage.

does DQ7 use the same system that DQ8 (is going to) use, where enemy drops are only rolled for each group instead of for each enemy?

Such fucking bullshit, why does Bosses always get to attack twice?

Where's the proof that Cayenne poisoned the dog?

>natural born quiller

Made me kek

Do metal slimes have random chance to appear anywhere in the game? I have a bit over 20hrs of play and have yet to encounter one.

Bosses are supposed to be a cut above regular ass monsters.

Keep playing, you'll see them eventually

Go inside the house, watch the scene with Camomile arguing with Cayenne, go upstairs to the top floor, talk to Camomile again, leave the house, and try to go back in through the main door

You'll start seeing a lot of them on the clock tower island

I actually tried to avoid them and let them flee because getting overleveled fucks with job progression

When does keifer leave? Does he take his equipment with him?

Also, how to get these dlc maps eerbody is talkin about

Hm I see.

>getting overleveled fucks with job progression
Man, really? I have not been riding at all, but how does it affect job progression? I was able to get jobs when I was level 15 or 16 I believe.

Will give that a go

He leaves maybe 10 hours in, he gives his gear back

If you're too high level, monsters won't count towards ranking your jobs up

You have to grind a lot for this to ever be a problem, and if you're under level 20 you can grind on level 1 Slimes in the tablet dungeon that give almost no exp per battle

No, you receive all equips and items he was carrying.

>16 hours in
>finally reach the second town with a Bank
This games structure and pacing are fucking ass.

You can go to Estard and put money in the bank at any given point before that

Try playing the goddamn game. Then you'll know.

Stop spoonfeeding.

"spoonfeeding" aka not being needlessly obtuse or confrontational

Yes, because I want even more backtracking in a game in which half of the fucking game IS backtracking.

Nothing wrong with helping people out user.

does horse manure even do something other than take up space?

The fuck you talking about, this is a DQ thread, can we not have actual discussions and offer help about the game?

Should I double up on boomerangs at bongbot island, or will I find a free one soon?

Use them in battle to literally sling shit at the opposition. It's shitposting taken to its logical end.

To be fair since the bank only accepts units of 1000 gold you've only just now gotten to the point where you might actually have a few thousand spare gold lying around to deposit

Yes they were. They were called ranger originally on ps1.

This is an RPG game user, what are you on about? That regions in the game have specific things you can do on them? Next you'll complain that going to the cassino or changing jobs is backtracking because you need to go to places you have been before.

I may have missed it but I haven't found one in the wild

I agree. The game is quite easy. It picked up after I got classes though. Not to a point where I died, but I actually was losing 70% ofmy HP to a couple boss attacks and had to use fullheal for once.

So a question out of curiosity, when I got to all trades I ended up losing two fights (the guy with spike ball and those two monsters that you fight in a dungeon with the thief) but the game keeps going. Are those fights actually unbeatable? They seemed really hard, but maybe not impossible (unless at some point something happens that just makes you lose).

>find equipment worth a damn for free
Only if the almighty blesses you with a drop from a monster. Also don't double up on boomerangs. Edged ones aren't far behind.

I've got over 10000 gold lying around. Using the Estard bank is just a pain in the ass.
>Zoom to Estard
>Enter Estard
>Exit to castle bridge
>Enter castle proper
>Use bank
wew. Why couldn't the bank have just been in the town proper? This game is layers upon layers of making you take extra time to do the simplest things.

jesus christ, how many kind of slimes are there?
I've just seen gem slimes for the first time, and they dropped 3000 gold each, and I fought 3 at once

She's not canon.
And still better than Flora.
Bianca is ALWAYS the only correct choice

remind me, is there any other DQ besides 8 that has a completely static party, meaning no characters leave you for extended periods of time? I think 3 and 4 right?

>Finally unlock jobs
>Party is level 18/16/18
>sweatdrop.mp4

So where's this slime dungeon for grinding job rank everyone talks about?

>Why couldn't the bank have just been in the town proper?
Because a castle is a defensive structure and a bank needs to be as well defended as possible

The first one :^)

just read the thread

it's been posted like 20 times now

Yes you can beat them, there's no truly impossible fights in this game. It works take lots of grinding though.

Monster Munchies, do I need to have it on a character, or can I have it in my bag?

Thanks, mate.

Bag is fine. It's just worded weirdly.

they do have an effect in your bag, but I think using them increases the chances even further

where do you get them?

>Bianca is ALWAYS the worst choice
ftfy

DQ9

AH, ok. I had them in the bag for the longest time, because forgot items get put in the bag when yo buy something and your inventory is full. I out it back on the Hero and I got a monster wanting to join a wee bit later.

In haven.

>In haven.
sound, cheers

Why are you complaining about backtracking when zoom teleports you to a town you have been to?

I want to pet Ruff

Just about to play this game for the first time.

Any major fuck-ups to avoid or shit that you... well not need but could make huge use of (like learning Spears and axes in DQ8 for metal-slime hunting)

Don't give any seeds to Kiefer

Consider teaching Ruff healing spells

>Marrying a whore

You get Slime Forest at the Haven using the tablet.

Wew, don't be such a bitch.

I'm in the overworld and have full MP

Is there a reason why I can't zoom to estard? Glitch

Are you in the past?

Are you in the past? You can't zoom from there

Otherwise it might be a story thing, sometimes Zoom gets disabled if you need to go to a certain place or enter an area a certain way for the story

No I'm outside the shrine of mysteries

Well go walk then because there's probably gonna be a cutscene or something, and you're like 30 seconds away from Estard anyway

I bought this just to support the series, but should even play this as my first? I have access to the other ones.
Also, why does the framerate dip when you don't have 3D on?

I was battling in the desert when one rhino hit Ruff and blew it away and this caused the game to reset itself. It's just a coincidence or a glitch?

I hate running in the overworld trying to avoid monsters and an enemy spawns on top of me and trees just pop out of nowhere

New thread when?

Also just got to L'Arca or whatever the village is called. When do I get a new weapon for the hero? He's starting to feel underpowered with his shitty copper sword.

Buy one

>Ruff has turned into a healslime

I'm an idiot when it comes to balancing characters, so should I just use all my seeds on the hero or am I going full retard? I don't want to do what I did with chrono trigger and just never use tabs

There hasn't been anything better than the copper sword available for him yet.

It really isn't that important, but basically I just used all wisdom and resilience seeds on Maribel, all magic seeds on Ruff or Maribel, life seeds split pretty evenly, and agility and strength on the hero

You can either use seeds to help make up for a character's weaknesses, or make their strengths even stronger, either way is perfectly viable