What difficulty does Cred Forums play on?

What difficulty does Cred Forums play on?

Hard for me. Difficult enough to be a challenge, but not tough enough to make progression frustrating

depends the game

The default one when you start the game

Test

I used to play the hardest difficulty available, but now I just play the default/normal.

-icles

lol! XD

Depends on the genre. Stuff I'm not too familiar with I'll go normal, but there's no reason to play an FPS game on anything but the hardest difficulty.

Normal first playthrough, hardest difficulty on consequent playthroughs.
Expert for Guitar Hero/Rock Band always.

I used to play on normal first and then harder difficulties afterward. Now all these years later I've just gotten so tired and lazy that I just put it on easy and rape the game, I just don't care anymore. The exceptions are the Metro games which I played on ranger hardcore because it's actually easier on that and also Valkyrie Profile replays go on hard mode as well for most content access. If you put it on easy you get locked out of a bunch of shit and your characters come in above level 1 so you can't fine tune their stats.

Depends on the game. I usually go for the normal/mid difficulty, but if it's something like a shooter I'll usually go for hard/hardest. Shooters are straightforward enough I usually want the extra edge. Stuff like RPGs I prefer more on normal since I like some fuck-around room instead of constantly trying to minmax the shit out of everything and restarting if it fails.

Hardest available for most FPS unless it's something gay like faster monsters that respawn 5 seconds after you kill them.

Normal/step down from hard for first playthrough.

normal or hard
after a playthrough or two I play on the easiest difficulty and just obliterate everything for shits

I play on hard if there's any "legendary" or "extreme" difficulty

I play on hard if it's an FPS or a WRPG

I play on normal if it's a game where I don't quite understand the controls or JRPGs

Easy shouldn't even be a thing

If it's a multiplatform game designed for dual analog retards, always the hardest available diff.

Human Revolution, Dishonored, all Bioshocks, and most recently Mankind Divided was a fucking joke.

Hard/Very Hard

I have a lot of free time so I don't mind struggling with a game once in a while. I usually stay away from the hardest difficulty because the devs typically just up health and damage output of enemies by a huge amount making the game less fun.
I prefer if there is no difficulty option because then I know I am playing the game the way the developers designed it.

Max difficulty available every time because I'm probably a closet masochist.

nu-wolfenstein is actually shit on the hardest difficulty, you end up having to play it like a generic cover shooter if you dont want to get melted instantly

If one of the games settings has a "this is how its meant to be played" or some such describing it then thats the one I play.

Depends on how well the difficulty is implemented

if it's done properly then I like to play on Hard for the challenge

2nd hardest difficulty if there's more that 3 options, otherwise just hard. Or anything the devs say is "intended difficulty" for the game.

The one who makes the game a challenge but doesnt kills the fun

If it's actually skill-based and changes enemy behavior or adds enemies/changes spawns and shit I'll pick the hardest, if it's numbers shit like RPGs I don't give a shit and just play normal

If increasing the difficulty just makes enemies more bullet spongey without actually affecting the AI, I don't bother changing it. That shit is AIDS.

Depends if the game is asking me to git gud or git patient. Doom was fun on hard. Witcher was not fun on hard.

Used to always play on the hardest difficulty, but I just don't have the time anymore, so I'll go with Normal or Hard. If it's a game I really like, then I'll do the hardest difficulty.

Always play on the Easiest difficulty setting. I like to truly experience games at my own pace and have fun. Playing Hard mode internalizes competition as something desirable which is very problematic.

Would be believable except for the last word.

Easy when pirated game or when it's unplayable otherwise
hardest when achievements

hardest available usually

How difficult is your fucking autism to post this thread practically every day for months on end?

Normal

Most of the time Hard is just the same shit except enemies can now take 200% more damage while you die in 2--3 hits. That's not fun for me

Depends on gaem
Usually second-highest or highest

Normal on the first run, will adjust if too easy or too hard when playing if adjusting the difficulty is possible during a playthrough

Usually whatever is just a step above normal.

On that note, I hate games where hard mode is just "normal, but everything one shots you"

Any games with decent or great hard modes?

Hard first then easy. I like to vent out my frustrations on easy enemies.

The second hardest available.

Just like old Wolfenstein 3D where you'd take potshots from a wall a hid for a split second just so the enemies would unready their during mode.

Always on the hardest unless it's balanced in some shit wah like they expect you to NG+ it, and add enemies you aren't able to fight since its a new game

>Game with Normal and Hard
I go with Normal. Usually Hard is really hard in these types of games.
>Game with Easy, Normal, Hard
I pick normal on my first playthrough, Hard if i liked it and want to play it again
>Game with Easy. Normal, Hard, Very Hard
I pick Hard every time. In these types of games, "Very Hard" is often unbalanced and broken, only included to appease the extreme hardcorefags. "Normal" is actually easy, and "Easy" is babby-mode.

hardest if it's something like deus ex or splinter cell, medium/default anything else

Depends on type of games. Usually 8 out of 10 games i play on hard or one step before hell.

I work hard man, i dont want to stress out playing something too hard and fuck my resting time.

I play mostly everything on hard, though strategys I'll usually play on normal because I despise the computer cheating to beat me.

Depends on my backlog at the time. If it's really piling up I like to go on easy so I can get through the game at a reasonably quick pace. That, and I just like to look at the environments and all the detail devs put into games without feeling too pressured. Any subsequent playthroughs are on hard, though

If my backlog isn't too bad I just go normal because I feel normal is like, the default setting the game is built around so why not play it that way

If there are 3 difficulties, the hardest.

If there are +3, the one before the hardest.

Exactly this

Last time I tried anything above Normal in strategy was Civ 5 and I guess giving the AI a 200 year headstart is fair.

>Easy
>Normal
>Hard
>Asian

I play on hard. Sometimes I'll venture into Asian but never below hard.

got em'

The hardest difficulty available.

Normal/default.
I don't see why people would change this unless they do another playthrough.

>Open game for first time
>Hard mode is unlocked by beating the game
>Look up save file
>Cant find one
>Hex edit .sav
>Byte(s) to change not apparent
>Open in cheat engine
>Cant find shit
>Uninstall
Fuck this. It happens every fucking goddamn game.