VIRTUA FIGHTER

What happend to the Series?
Almost every other Fighting franchise is releasing a new game. I mean its a good game right Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

tssznews.com/2016/01/01/source-offers-insight-into-potential-sega-pc-releases/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

At this point VF6 is probably going to be a minigame in Yakuza 8.

>nu-sega
>capable of anything but sonic and yakuza

Sure. But Sega hasn't really done much with it lately. And while VF once thrived in arcades in Japan, Sega seemed to be content with that level of success and didn't really market the console versions so much (Some cases skipping whole versions like VF5R).

Virtua Fighter 4 is fucking amazing. No fighter has ever captured the charm. Kumite Mode especially.

best guy GOH!

What happened is that there are tons of news lately that hints at a new Virtua Fighter soon.

It is the best fighting game out there.

Sarah a best

It died for being slow, boring and having a horrible cast?

Like look at this, it's literally just Vergil but somehow even lamer. There's a character named Jeffry McWild, you can't make this shit up, might as well have called him Tuff. E. Nuff.

>It died for being slow, boring and having a horrible cast?

Every time I hear this, I know I'm reading an idiot who doesn't play any fighting games.

SEGA are idiots. They didn't even bother to port VF5 to current-gen platforms. Instead it just died.

>butt talk

You can play VF5FS on Xbone and it got ported to PS4 through Yakuza 6.

Word is FS coming to PC soon.

>Virtual Fighter thread
Little to no response.

>Tekken thread
Endless discussion of how deep the game is, really makes you think..

VF6 will never happen, Sega AM2 are also focused on Project Diva and Kancolle Arcade.

>VF6 will never happen, Sega AM2 are also focused on Project Diva and Kancolle Arcade.
That's why VF has signed for EVO japan (in 2018)?

VF4 is a soulless game. the only charm it had was in the menus.

>YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Almost every other Fighting franchise is releasing a new game
That's definitely a stretch.
When's the last time a bloody roar game came out? 12 years ago?

> I mean its a good game right Cred Forums
Definitely, it's my favorite 3d fighter series.

>tfw i will never go into wal mart after school and play virtua fighter 2 and get my ass kicked by that wolf guy ever again

Which game was it that had something absurd like 400 different moves per character?

Was it Tekken or Virtua Fighter?

I know it's one of those two, I'm thinking Virtua Fighter 4 for some reason though my friend was like, "this game is stupid it has so much shit in it there's way too much what the fuck"

Definitely not either of them.

>might as well have called him Tuff. E. Nuff
You say that like it would be a bad thing. Tekken has a guy with a leopard face called King and a guy with a leopard face wearing armour called Armour King. Street Fighter has a demon character called demon. Let's not even go into DoA.

All fighting games are cheesy as fuck.

Then what fighting game am I thinking of?

Soul Calibur series?

Actually it's both Soul Calibur and Tekken that have tons of useless moves.

Virtua Fighter is 40 moves per character or something.

VF has a lot of Moves but i think 400 is a bit too much.

Okay, I knew it was one of these awful shitty "3d" arena juggle fighters, but I couldn't remember which one it was he was bitching about.

It's the new King of Fighters and the producer said animation frames not moves so your friend is a retard.

No it wasn't anything new, this shit happened like a decade ago dude.

You mean the only country on earth with a significant amount of VF players might actually have the game at their own Evo event?

And another way to prove you're an ignorant fuck.
Since everybody knows that even in Japan the crowd is relatively small to cover up an event as big as EVO.

So in your opinion they set themselves for 2018 with the same game they have been using for the past 15 years?

Dumbass.

>15 year old game
Most recent version of VF5 is 5 years old.

Are you serious or just trying to save face? retard.

What's the argument here besides calling me names? I was actually wrong, the most recent version of VF5 is actually only a year old. Either VF5 is going to be at Japan or no VF at all, but you can keep hoping Sega have VF6 coming like people do every single year for the past 5 years or so.

Dude, it's no use being a dishonest dick by like"the most recent version" when you're actually talking about a small update (that was just implemented to remove online play) of the same game that has been out for the past 15 years.

You're talking about the same game, you moron.

I'm only assuming that you try hard to be dishonest to save your ignorant face, because there is no way somebody can be this retarded.
>, but you can keep hoping Sega have VF6 coming like people do every single year for the past 5 years or so.

Ok, saved this post.
Clearly you have a lot of catch up to do.

Fuck those cunts for not giving the ps3 version online.

Another empty post full of insults and no content, but ok, sure, VF6 will be a thing by Evo Japan 2018, even though you were probably hyping everyone up on Cred Forums over it being revealed at TGS2016 just a week ago.

VF5FS has an online mode on ps3

VF games were awesome to play at the arcade.
Since SONY killed arcades there are no more VF games. BLAME SONY.

I didn't hype anybody, not sure what you're on about.

Plenty of people were waiting for the game to be at TGS 2016, after some journalist on twitter said that Soul Calibur 6 and VF6 were going to be there.

I don't like liars, so don't mind my insults, you deserve them.

I honestly can't tell if you are retarded or just pretending.

Fuck arcades.

>slow
Standard round time is 45 seconds and even then 99% of rounds are not going to go to timeout so I don't know where you got this bullshit

Everyone knows the reasons VF isn't popular. It doesn't have big flashy supers/Ultras/Climaxes/whateverthefucks, it doesn't have sweet effects when you hit people, the characters are fairly generic. There's nothing there to pull casual players in, they can't mash a couple of buttons/directions and then get something Super Cool
The charm of the game is in how satisfying it is to explore and learn, and smaller things like the animation on moves and the cheesy dialogue. Those don't come across to people who just want to fanny about for five minutes so things like Street Fighter etc are more popular

>Everyone knows the reasons VF isn't popular. It doesn't have big flashy supers/Ultras/Climaxes/whateverthefucks
Does Tekken ?

Tekken has supers as of T7, but also has big hit effects, smashing through the walls/floor of stages, and so on. Their characters are also a lot more outlandish

10-hitters, acrobatic moves that are just barely real like Haunting Hawk / WGF, stance changes, everything on Raven, destructable floor, et c. There are a lot of stuff in Tekken that looks cool.

Tekken is more popular because it was on Playstation while VF was on irrelevant SEGA consoles until its later iterations. That's it.

>Tekken has supers as of T7,

Right.
Nothing too flashy either, and character looking just as bland and boring as anime faggots would tell you they are.

VF's popularity is related to Sega's history.

VF4 was really popular on console back then, they screw up the PS3 version by not adding online and being an early console game, even so every iteration sold good (do your research), then Sega stopped supporting the game, simply because they went through hard times and arcades were profitable enough (now not anymore)

The does lack popularity, but is popular nonetheless.
Or else look at this picture, and tell me how capcucks suddenly show interest in it?

VF just needs a new game, not a rehash or guest characters everywhere.

this user says it all

Tekken has kangaroos vs bears, electric uppercuts, ancient monsters, robots, yoshimitsu and people turning into demons and shooting lasers.

But also I believe SEGA just not caring about the series and not publishing games in the west is a big part of the decline of the game.

>people turning into demons and shooting lasers.

Sega doesn't publish in the west because it's risky and they don't have the money for it.
That's what they only fund localization by each game's own profit.

It could help if they ported all their games to PC, and that's what they said they are going to do.

Then why does no-one stick with it now that the games are easily available? VF5FS is about to be on it's 4th console with the release of Y6, why does no-one care about it

>Then why does no-one stick with it now that the games are easily available?
Because it's an old game, and nobody is playing it?

You will notice that by only adding VF5FS to Xbone back compatibility, the game suddenly saw people coming back to the game or had a few new players coming.
I witnessed that with many other people while playing online.

Don't you think that there are more reasons to put efforts at porting the game on PS4 than simply using it as a mini-game?

>why does no-one care about it

Why people care about Tekken more than VF?
Then are you sure no one cares about it?

Then again, this game has nothing to do with capcuks and stuff, it doesn't have gootecks, maximilion or neckbeard aris casting streams of VF, so that's also another reason for people to not care about it?

>usually 1 game per generation, except 1 and 2
>arcades aren't a big thing in the west anymore
>Sega is Sonic, Miku and Yakuza
>VF doesnt sell that great worldwide
Since Tekken on the psx that VF died in the west little by little with the arcade machines. Then Soul Calibur happened, then Street Fighter even got bigger over the years.
And VF was never a thing for everyone, specially since is not a combo fighting game or that fluid fighter, it's more mechanical and tactical
We will probably get 6 but probably in 2 years or so, then some revision due to arcade version 3 years after VF6.

A whole load of crap.
please ignore this post.

3S is an old game, guaranteed more people play it than VF

>not a combo fighting game
You've never been up against a wall m8

>3S is an old game, guaranteed more people play it than VF

I'm not sure what your point is.

Oh fuck. This is the first time I've realised it's Virtua Fighter, not Virtual Fighter.

I don't know what's real and what's not anymore.

>Virtua Fighter
>Virtua Tennis
>Virtua Racing
>Virtual-On
Goddamnit Sega

That it being an old game isn't what makes nobody care about it. Plenty of people still play old games

People still play and care about Virtua Fighter.
Don't confuse the casual players and a supportive/dedicated community.

You know it got in xbone because people voted for it?

this game is pure poetry, VF4:EVO and VF5 were amazing

もっと強い奴と戦いたい!

So what were the rumors about a PC version?

FYI VF5FS is in yakuza 6.

There's been rumors of a PC version for almost 3 years now.

>PC version for almost 3 years now.

show me the rumors from 3 years ago please.

It's not a rumor.
Somebody from Sega said that they have many plans to port old ip to PC.
And then they ported VF5FS to PS4, so people are assuming they are going to port it on PC.

The real news is this one:
tssznews.com/2016/01/01/source-offers-insight-into-potential-sega-pc-releases/

Saturn was never a thing in the west, PSX was the big thing. The people that knew about VF was because of the arcades, not the fucking saturn versions.

Walls? When that happened first? VF4? I don't remember much of 3
Anyone new that picks up VF will pick Akira because he looks like a Ryu, but then he will hate Akira because he is slowish in each new game and more technical. Yeah if you choose Kage, Pai(Lau is slower each game) or the Bryants you can pull some combos even without walls, but the cpu will not allow that shit in some difficulty levels or from like stage 5 or 6, it will knock you out if you press buttons like a retarded.

>The people that knew about VF was because of the arcades, not the fucking saturn versions.
And that's why it died quickly in the west while Tekken is still alive.

Not arcade cucks will ever understand.

thats why people like it, its about strategy and the different fighting styles.

It was kinda sad being one of the 2 kids in class with the saturn when most had the Psx. When some played VF in my house they enjoyed playing with the controller. VF1 and 2 arcades were everywhere, any mall had one of them, Virtua Striker, Sega Rally and Daytona Usa

This. I hate namblo with a passion. Especially tekken. At least they're putting out another ace combat

By then it was also dying as an arcade game.

People blame dreamcast too much for Sega's failure, they should know Virtua Fighter 3 was partly the game that ruined them.
Did see a lot of VF3 cab?

when VF4 was out on PS2, the game was a huge success, it did sell less than Tekken in the west but it was doing good as I remember.

virtua fighter has always been casual shit, its only claim to fame was it used polygon graphics in a time of mostly sprite basted fighters.

It was HEAVILY shilled in the 90's with paid off reviews calling it the best thing ever even though very few people actually played it.

t.Tekkenfag

Sega made many mistakes in that time, Dreamcast had no hope, not that I knew back then how bad Sega was financially.
About the Dreamcast, few colleagues knew about it, they knew the psx, the gameboy, the n64. When they saw what the dreamcast could do they were amazed how Shenmue or Soul Calibur looked like.
>Did see a lot of VF3 cab?
Fuck no, I never even saw one. The last sega arcade machine I played was Virtua Tennis

>7 seconds cherry-picking

You will have to do better than that faggot.

I'll make a webm with what follows, or maybe even the whole fight, so that you can't post this shit anymore.

I know where you got this footage.

Is this really how high level VF is played? What a shit game man.

Having to resort to samefagging.
What a sad fuck.

heads up. VF5FS now works on xbox one.

netcode hasn't held up well though.

Are you the butthurt fag who is featured in the clip? This game looks like ass. No woonder it's fucking dead.

Is VF5 on ps4?

It will be, through Yakuza, but it's clear at that point that they will port the whole game soon.

>That interlacing
Fucking hell, user, I hope you didn't render this shit.

Hope so. Will buy it day 1 when it happens

Looks like Clayfighter 3D LMAO.

VF fights look closer to real fights. Small, testing attacks looking for an opening and when you find that opening pushing into a combo.

It's a different game to SF, they're for different people.

SF5 is literally a 2D Virtua Fighter.
Of course nobody realizes it since most SF players aren't acquainted to VF, but that's what Itazan said once, and it's actually true considering the modifications they made.

jesus this lame just looks awful, its like a even more dumbed down version of DoA

TWO BUTTON GAME
W
O

B
U
T
T
O
N
S

I'm pretty sure we is talking about the original version.
Quest mode was so much fun...

>tfw no mvc2 on pc, 3s is laggy as fuck, and usf4 is ded