Cossacks 3 thread

Cossacks 3 thread

Does the multiplayer finally work? Edition

bump

My biggest gripe with the game so far is that it doesn't have after-match statistics. You just jump right back to the main menu.
Also, why no 18thC ships?

Not to mention that dev mode seems to be still enabled. You can literally copy & paste your troups wnd even buildings. Plus quite a few bugs.

I mean, there is nothing game breaking but as expected from slav devs the game lacks polish.

Mods will fix it!

are they going to make stalker after this

I only played against AI on hard mode yesterday (which is the old normal, the cheeky slavs just renamed the difficulties, very hard is now impossible.) It took them some time to build ships in sea battles, but atleast they did contrary to what prior reviews said. So I guess some reviewers played on easy (aka normal) only.

How much harder is impossible? Is it really just the old very hard? Or did they add some new tricks?

DLC or expansion will probably add it, like Art of War etc.

This is a direct remake of Cossacks, so not everything is there (why call it Cossacks 3 if nothing is new though?).

Does it still have those enormous x4 maps?

For what it's worth, I like the new extra convenience things they added, like showing you what research or ressources you are missing or how many workers you have working on what ressources. Though gold mines seem to always show a few workers less than you actually have. I even had -1 at one point. Since the number was red I don't think this is a glitch, they wouldn't add extra text colours for something unintentional. So how exactly does that work? Dies it substract the amount of gold you are spending on upkeep from the numbers of workers in the mine? It would be nice if they just added a gain/loss number for ressources.

Yes!

Marketing. "Sequel" pulls more numbers than "remake".

>Yes!
Do you have a source in this senpai?

No, but like the user above you said, it wasn't in European Wars either (I think?) so maybe they will add it in DLC.

Source - GSC are money hungry kikes.

The source is that the team that made STALKER practically doesn't exist anymore and I was getting your hopes up for nothing.

Honestly, the game is fine if they just get the multiplayer servers to run. The free extra content DLC is coming and people are already working on mods. I didn't really experience any gameplay affecting bugs either, just graphical stuff.

I played a bit of C1 back in the day but never got around to trying the multiplayer. Was it fun enough to warrant buying 3 in the hopes that gets somewhat active online?

Yeah, Cossacks MP was the core of the game for me and my friends back then. Plus it's only 20 shekels. But I'd wait with the purchase until MP is confirmed running due to how Steam refunds work.

I might wait until this is an option before buying then.

The best games I played were x4 maps, continents, with an hour of peace time.

Is it even worth pirating at this stage?

Yeah, those were the shit.

I remember how blown my mind was when I got the 18th Century Ship of Line in some long ass continents battle in Back to War.

>attack that mill at the othet end of the match!
>all buildings around the mill are now instantly destroyed

Sure, if you want to play some Cossacks. It's only 830 mb.

source please

MULTIPLAYER IS UP

I REPEAT

MULTIPLAYER IS UP

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

was something wrong with it? did they patch it?

It didn't run at all yesterday. They apparently found a giant bug just prior to release, pushed the release back by 7 hours and launched the game without multiplayer.

Typical slavs.

Unlikely but I want to believe

Jesus Christ do you guys not know anything about STALKER's development?

reminder that it was a different team for each stalker
reminder that the slav way is to keep a few good devs, and replace the bulk of the staff for each project
"same dev team" argument is meaningless

Is the digital deluxe edition worth the ten extra dollaridoos?

Only if you like campaigns in RTS.

The guy who made the engine left.

How do I put Musketeers in a formation ?

You need an officer and a drummer from the same century and enough soldiers. The steps are 15, 36, 72, 120 or 196. (Atleast those were the numbers in C1)

Strange, it works with melee units but my officers just don't wanna hang out with my ranged units.

well I enjoy it, so its worth the 20 bucks

>Build a gate
>Endless error windows popup

is this worth getting if i haven't played a cossacks game before?

That's what you get from stopping the fugees from reaching your houses

No pikeman is illegal !

You shitters are in every thread with your meme game I swear

But I'll still get the extra nations DLC with the $20 version right?

How toaster friendly is it? I'm reading it's really buggy too.

>meme

Is it worth buying?

Stalker was forgettable as fuck. Just another survival shooter. Cred Forums tricked me into playing through the whole thing. Not bad, just utterly forgettable.

>but muh atmosphere!!!

So what kind of RTS is this? Is this the boring kind where you start a mission, research all the upgrades, build an army and then crush everyone or does it mix things up?

steam page -> system requirements

pretty toasty

Another bug, I guess? Keep in mind that if you have no gold a formation breaks up, but I doubt that's your problem.

Yes.

It is fun, but we are essentially beta testing it right now because GSC cancelled the planned open beta.
It has some bugs, but nothing gamebreaking I think.

I doubt anyone would use a computer these days that could not run this game. The framerate can dip when you have thousands of units on screen, but otherwise your rig should be fine enough.

You don't just build an army in Cossacks, you build a constant stream of soldiers. An army without supply and reinforcements will lose, so you need a strong economy first. The game is not very micro intensive, base building and gathering ressources is more important.

cool I will try it out

shit game for a shit genre

there'a a reason everyone moved on to MOBAs

Reminder to not reply to shitposters.

but you just fucking did you idiot

I'm glad GSC did not "modernize" the game, but a bit more bug fixing before the release would have been nice.

>a downgrade of a 2000 game is the best RTSfags can hope for these days
LUL

>tfw still at work for atleast an hour
How does the mp run?

Nah, gold was fine. Happened to me in two games. I'll just keep trying

well you can get into mp now unlike before

>multiplayer doesn't work
>cheats enabled by default
>you can actually incidentally cheat
>those FUCKING ANNOYING building selection noises that I can't turn off separately from the rest

Its Cossacks 1: HD edition: No MP edition.
Maybe the modding kit can save it.

VERY important question!

can it run on a toaster?

I played against hard AI, and it flanked me with those cheapo cossack light cavalry guys, decimating my artillery and dragoons.
I don't know if the mountain choke made him do it, but he took a long way around with that army, and came from the fog, and won the fight that way.

Its 3D, and battles are often 1000-1600 units fighting, with individual animations for each.

Yes. It runs even on Windows XP.

>Slav devs
>the game lacks polish
>Polish

Ayyyy, clever joke, Angry Joe. I am sure nobody thought of it before, and it wasn't driven into the ground years ago.

I drove ur mum into the ground

No, the village priest did that, I was there and threw some dirt on the coffin.

Will the RTS genre ever be revived, i want more RTS games.

>can't play on a phone
>can't play on a console
>can't play with touch pad
>can't play with track pad
>can't play with a touch screen

Never ever.

You missed
> cant play in VR

VR is sadly dead on arrival. I had big dreams.

I am a shitter, anyone wanna play?

It's dead Jim

Yes it will when devs start realizing that all strategy games need a pause button

Why not just make it turn based at this point

but the MP works

Because there is something in between "rts with pause function" and "turn based strategy".

For the real time action, of course. Would FTL or Homeworld be the same if they were turn-based? No, they're just pausable, the way real-time strategy games are meant to be played

AFAIK they're Ukrainian

Real time with pause allows for trivial battles to go by quickly, while in turn based they take time and are tedious, with you just hitting attack as many times as it takes, not managing anything, trying to get it done with.

Soon to be Russian

MP is pretty much unplayable SP seemed okay

Good RTS is about planning not APM.

Yeah I do. It's dead as fuck

Sometimes you just explode when the game starts

>when the game starts you die in real life
Scary.

I mean your buildings explode and all your peasants die

don't press the delete button

Sounds like the capture mechanic, actually. Maybe enemies are flagging his buildings, because he doesn't have military near?

No one is doing that

Buildings don't burn down from being captured. The CPU just frame-perfectly destroys them before you capture them.

>if nothing is new though

They added a new ship for Ukraine :^)

>cossacks 2 comes around
>completely different game
>WAAAHHH THIS AINT THE GAME I KNOW WAAAHHH

>cossacks3 comes around
>devs try to appease the fandom
>game is essentially a remake of the first cossacks because thats what the little shits wanted
>LOL ITS A SHITTY REMAKE LAZY LAZY DEVS

There's no winning with you people

I cant fix this bug with my guys immediately dying when you start the game

>Buildings don't burn down from being captured.
Yes they do. Or at least they used to in cossacks 1

It's not a remake though. It's Cossacks: HD

That's AI frame perfectly deleting them

But sometimes the buildings dont burn. Does the AI forget to delete them or something?

Sometimes the buildings don't burn because you indeed happen to be 2Fast2Furious for the AI

Anyone else bothered by the fact that 17th century ranged units still cant use their melee weapons?

Maybe frame drops cause the CPU to miss a frame.

I know it doesn't really make sense, but from a game design perspective it does. Go for that XVIII, boy.

I-Is cossacks 3 good?

It's cossacks 1 with better graphix