Other urls found in this thread:

bonfirestudios.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Leaving for Riot

Big mistake pal.

>comparing generic gorilla scientist archetype to mickey mouse
>comparing metzen to walt fucking disney
Wow these california activision guys sure are humble huh

They're probably aware of something we aren't.

For Metzen he can probably retire to a comfortable life. Dunno about the other two, leaving Blizz for Riot seems like a step down even if they're offering him a better position.

It's fucking weird to see so many people leaving.

I'm guessing there's a massive shift in the company internally after the success of Overwatch and Hearthstone, as well as the decline of WoW.

I've always admired Blizzard regardless of their ups and downs. They're local to me, and I've always had a weird sense of- I don't want to say pride, but something, in knowing the fact that some of the most popular, and my personal favorite, games were made in my town.

>Leaving for Riot
Why do they need more artists?
Get some fucking people to make a new engine for the garbage.
It doesn't have a proper replay system
Projectiles are still little invisible minions.
God the fucking thing doesn't even have a proper UI.
They're still using adobe air for fucks sake.
Stop hiring artists and get some damn programmers you fucks.

To be fair Metzen is straight up retiring to enjoy his dosh and do nothing until he croaks. All those others make no sense, though. Leaving a cushy job at Blizzard to try ANYWHERE else is insane.

There's probably no plans going forward for any kind of new games.

Why make something new over the course of years when you can spend a few months adding to your existing games that make enough money, without spending any.

Whoever came up with this sheer fisting of an encounter can go fuck themselves. Do me a favor so I don't waste my guild's time on this kind of jackass shit-fest again, send me an email at [email protected] when you decide to A) Implement an encounter that wasn't designed by a retarded chimp chained to a cubicle A.)Get a Quality Assuarance Department C) Actually beta test the fucking thing and D) Patch it live. And please for god's sake -- do it in the order I laid out for you. Don't worry, I won't charge you a consulting fee on that one. And for good luck you might as well E) Pull your heads out of your asses. While you're at it rename the game to BetaQuest since you've used up you're alotted false advertising karma on the Bazaar and user interface scam of '01.Fix the Emperor encounter. Fix Seru. Rethink your time-sink bullshit. Fix all the buggy motherfucking ring encounters (I suggest you let whoever made the Burrower one do this since that dude apparently laid off the crack the rest of you were smoking). Fix the VT key quest. Fix VT (just guessing it's fucked up considering your track record). Don't have the resources to fix this stuff? Move the ENTIRE Planes of Power team over to fixing Shadows of Luclin AND DO IT NOW. If you don't fix Luclin, you jackassess will be the only ones playing the Planes of Power.

Why the fuck would anyone leave for Riot? They're a company with only one game out, one that's on the decline even. I imagine it's a big step down from Blizzard.

>Projectiles are still little invisible minions

Are you kidding me? That's pathetic.

Why Winston though?
Wouldn't it make sense to have someone who he actually voice acted for, like Thrall?

How fucking rich isn't Blizzard now? They've run WoW with a skeleton crew for five years now despite millions of subsribers. Diablo 3 sold massive numbers. Hearthstone is making huge F2P bucks. Overwatch has already 15 million players or something. Whatever these guys do, it shits money for them.

>Overwatch is such a flop that Blizzard is going full sudoku
kek

Nobody would ever leave a successful company. NEVER EVER.

it wouldn't surprise me if the guy got poached from Riot honestly. Probably gave him a 30% salary increase at the least.

Riot has a huge following in China, so having an artist from WoW that they recognize is probably huge.

Does Jeffrey Kaplan still work at Blizzard?

Why the fuck would anyone ever leave Blizzard?

Metzen I get, retiring and all that, but where else up are you gonna go?

It doesn't matter how rich you are if you have to do lots of things that you fundamentally disagree with. I can tell you 100% for sure that the guy running Overwatch for instance didn't want to do the Summer Loot Boxes the way they happened, but was forced to do it because it clearly makes them more money that way.

Do people follow game artists like that? I've never even heard of this guy before today.

>Overwatch
>Flop
Besides Hearthstone its there only success at the moment, Legion is starting to turn out exactly like WoD and flopping as hard aswell, HotS is just dead, Starcraft 2 is a joke, Diablo 3 needs another expansion to be relevant again.

BLIZZARD ON SUICIDE WATCH

SELL ALL YOUR ACTIVISION STOCK

>Legion is starting to turn out exactly like WoD and flopping hard as well
You could have had a perfectly good post without bullshit like this that is clearly just pulling shit out of your ass because there is absolutely no way you can determine this

When things get too big the original creators/fanbases/ideals always get pushed out

this is the most retarded thing i've ever read

Blizzard's "failures" still always sell and make millions.

I'm not talking about numbers, I am talking about in terms of content.

>I can tell you 100% for sure that the guy running Overwatch for instance didn't want to do the Summer Loot Boxes
How do you know this? Also Overwatch's skin system is abusive as fuck. The whole system meant to abuse people with gambling disorders who play slot machines 24/7.

Tigole the shitter has yet to leave Blizzard, because he's a no one in reality and he would go back to being poor if he got fired. I'm pretty sure they have lowered his status to mail room.

HEROES NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shows what kind of retard you are then

Oh so another "if Cred Forums hates it then its not successful" post

Yeah because ActiBlizz has certainly had financial troubles these past few years instead of consistently growing in stock price and net income

>3 senior directors of story leaving Blizzard

Is that why Legion is a complete rip off of Legacy of the Void's story?

I know this guy didn't help the nazis at all

hmm, they did do that didn't they

really makes you think

>All of the talent leaves
>Making good video games

>How do you know this?
Because he directly told people that stuff like this wouldn't happen from day 1. He's the one putting his face out there in those videos and telling people X or Y. Either he's a really good liar that knew from day 1 what he was gonna do (which is definitely possible) or he just had to do it because orders from higher ups.

Either way the people at Blizzard are clearly doing something wrong, like you said, and abusing people in a very underhanded manner. It's no surprise people are leaving if they intend to do this for all their future games.

Legion has far more content than WOD, you hit 110 and you're overwhelmed

Its a company, content or quality doesnt matter for shit if it prints money.

I will admit they hit the amount of content on the right, the content droughts will be far less noticable if they keep this amount up, but in terms of quality its certainly shit compared to what they could do.

Though its ridiculously easy to get the skins with the currency. Im only like level 130 or so and I have my favorite legendary on every character +tons of summerskins if I want to use those. No need to spend money or play a lot.

What is it you think they can do

OW is new though

seems to me like all the old washed-up shitters are getting the boot

>riot games

kek, rest in fucking piss

Better question, how are things going so horribly wrong that Blizzard's losing its big shots?

>but where else up are you gonna go?

you do know that people get bored of their jobs right? obviously these kind of people value their happiness over money.
im talking about people who do this in general not just these blizzard employees.

F2P

They're not. Something tells me they're transitioning over to the Valve model of screw video game development we just make cosmetics for our existing franchises to leech money off of whales.

A guy jumped from Blizzard, a company known for making games in a wide variety of genres, in a wide variety of settings, with a wide variety of variety, to going to Riot, a company that produces one game, in one style, that is derivative of a mod to a Blizzard game.

Probably getting tired of working on the same shit for 15 years and wanting to leave on a high note after a successful launch instead of during the shit that was post-launch WoD.

It might actually just be this. Metzen was preparing to retire for a long time and now that Legion launch was moderately succesful he decided to leave and people in his team see this as a good time to try something completely new. Its highly possible theres no big conspiracy on blizzards downfall or shitty bosses.

overwhelmed? with what? finish questing in the last zone and all you have left to do are your typical dungeon spam and world quests, which is basically doing the same quests you used to level up with

i know WoD has lowered the standards of the blizzdrones who actually managed to play but come on

It's more of an Asian thing. Japanese sales, for example, are heavily influenced by who's the character designer and such things.

pretentious self indulgent bullshit

>Why do they need more artists
because their workplace promotes lazyness and have terrible terrible artists

ghostcrawler did it and probably told them about the desperate teen pussy you can fuck.

bonfire studios-

my guess is "we changed the salary grid you give too much money to non Activision people and nobody cares about your designers and artists we are in charge so obey."

Mail Room? He's literally the head Overwatch dev. He's living life.

goddamn
theyre comparing the likeness of the statue
reading comprehension is hard, but it gets better

Well WoW has been out for over a decade now, it's only a matter of time until it ends eventually. I'm sure Blizzard will figure out some grand finale Expansion and shitz.

>nu-blizzard will die soon

feels good mang

>James Waugh
>Leaving
How the fuck have they not just straight up sacked him for the abysmal stories in every Blizzard game in the past decade?

Okay, look, by choosing to mimic the Disney statue they've compared Metzen to Disney. However, I don't know who came up with the Metzen statue so whatever. It's still embarrassing for Blizzard, especially since the company owe so much of their fortune to ripping off copyrighted things-- Warhammer and 40k most jarringly. Disney used folklore public domain works.

>Blizzard's games have been chock full of "references" and ripped off ideas for several decades
>statue is a "reference"/ripoff
>this is somehow a surprise
it's like pottery, how new do you have to be to not see this?

>Projectiles are still little invisible minions.

what?

got somekind of source? is this like in fallout the trains are big humans?

>riot
y tho
this game is fucking dead

why?

As someone who worked at the Disneyland Resort and loves the Partners statue, this kind of pisses me off.

They made a new studio with Riot free from Jewtivisio.

bonfirestudios.com/

so you're a young, talented and ambitious artist, software engineer, 3d animator etc.
why would you want to work for blizzard?

it's common in programming and he's retarded to expect something else. welcome to inheritance and Object oriented programming.

>retire
>goes to work somewhere else
are you stupids or something?
if you retire you dont find other fucking job . you go be a lazy piece of shit sitting in your sofa

Okay so most people don't have taste,

that's pretty much it lol. They play a bunch of WoW and think "gosh I want to work for this haha!" then they turn into another cog in the machine. Just like all the people who say their dream studio is Disney.

cocaine for no work
sounds like a win-win situation

Lol that statue

>don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again.

Guess even blizz knows that metzen is a cucked faggot.

I will never understand the people leaving Blizzard for Riot unless they are offering them literally double what they are making at Blizzard. Riot has one game. ONE GAME. And while they may be able to ride it to the end of time, I would feel much more secure working for a company with six current active games that are continually being updated with new content.

So you do daily quests and dungeons and pvp and raids. This is exactly the same kind of thing you have done in the previous wow expansions that were praised as brilliant like tbc and wotlk.

This is also a step up from the last expansion, where the only thing you did was pvp or raid. Dungeons were 100% worthless. There were no dailies besides apexis which was absolutely worthless.

Disney is one of the main propaganda arms of the world globalist regime. They deserve to have their memory tarnished at every turn.

They are giving PR reasons but we all know heads are rolling after a disapointing Overwatch launch.
Activision is trying a last team change before selling them to some chinese phone company. Get ready for all those empty seats to be filled soon by known people from their former companies.