How to save Sonic

youtu.be/aXtUttjqINY

>This is one of the coolest looking Sonic fan-games ever. Sega needs to consider hiring this guy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xsPWvTbWwEA
soundcloud.com/nine-zero-music/dark-fortress-zone-from-sonic-megamixsunset-mix
youtube.com/watch?v=1htPjP1fTC0
youtube.com/watch?v=bXVIAOSbaPc
youtube.com/watch?v=S4jGOfZCfTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That looks like shit.

The way the camera constantly zooms in and out is disorienting and it has that problem a lot of Sonic fangames where there's long stretches of you just holding right while going extremely fast and then something you couldn't possibly see coming like a wall shows up and kills your momentum.

It's not good.
And double jumps take away depth from Jump and Runs.

That game look like ass. Hold right areas leading to slow ass push this spring because why not areas. If you honestly think the game look good then you need better taste. Gain some standards man. I seen joke rom hacks with better level designs.

I want a Sonic game that plays like InFAMOUS: First Light. That game plays like how an open world reboot of Sonic Adventure would play like. Fetch has free roam sprinting that barely gets interrupted/obstructed by anything in its path, and she even has a homing attack.

Honestly, that's not a bad idea. Just increase the movement speed, allow for more ways to keep your momentum going in both level design and movement options, and that could be alright.

>That shitty soundtrack
>Camera zooming in and out for no fucking reason
>fucked up physicas
>Annoying voice telling you what's happening
I'll give you the fact running in the wind was a cool idea. Everything else is trash. It pretty much confirms my idea that fan games are 90% shitty 90% of times.

Looks like a chinese bootleg. Even Sonic 4 looks more appealing.

Read the comments.

People want more of this, to the point they want it officially made or endorsed by Sega.

Somewhere in another dimension, this is happening.

>Reading comments on youtube

>People want more of this, to the point they want it officially made or endorsed by Sega.

There's retards making retarded requests in every fanbase. Just because people wanted to pay Blizzard to change their names it doesn't meant it's okay.

>Everdraed makes a Sonic game

Neat for a fangame but way too visually disorienting.

that actually looks cool as fuck

Uh... it's something alright. The sort of style it's going for is interesting, but not something I'd really want in an official Sonic game.
Re-skin it with something other than Sonic and it might work as a standalone fun, trippy, all over the place sort of game. I don't think it'd have much depth though.

It's detailed as fuck like the boost era games which is great but they really need to differentiate the foreground and background areas.
Also he camera zooms in and out way too much. It's too erratic. Should be smoother like how NSMB does it.

It's a nice idea but way way too much shit happening like the moving camera and stuff

Music's great

He's already saved.

Stage layout is cool, but the whole thing feels far too busy and chaotic for the sake of strange visualization. It feels like a sped up Vaporwave clip.

Dude sonic megamix already has you covered.

That's cancelled though, since Stealth is working on Mania now.

I like it, Sonic with a zoomed out camera looks like a lot of fun. And I'm all for the insane aesthetic.

>I'll give you the fact running in the wind was a cool idea.
And even then it was done before in SA1.

Visual design is dogshit

Wololo back at you

Yeah the camera is shit, it should be fixed, but the game itself doesn't look that bad

Wtf I love this now

What about it is good?

This you fggt

pls no bully

>And double jumps take away depth from Jump and Runs.
You do know that that shield ability is from the genesis games?

Well forget the speculation, I just downloaded it and it is pretty fun.
Physics are a little fucked, Sonic and the camera are a little jittery, but it's good and it looks really cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=xsPWvTbWwEA

Just add acceleration and momentum physics and you're pretty much good to go. There's also the fact that there is a level up system with the ability to level up speed, jump height, etc. First Light is also filled with speed challenges and lots of things to collect.

>There's also the fact that there is a level up system with the ability to level up speed, jump height
As if RPG elements were good for a Sonic game

There never was a free roam Sonic game.

As if RPG elements were necessary for a free roam game

Speaking of Megamix, does anyone on here by any chance have this:

soundcloud.com/nine-zero-music/dark-fortress-zone-from-sonic-megamixsunset-mix

downloaded? I've posted the link here like a year ago before the song got removed, and I REALLY want to listen to this again.

>And double jumps take away depth from Jump and Runs.
Yeah everyone knows Sonic 3 was shit for this reason

youtube.com/watch?v=1htPjP1fTC0
>Because of the new doom there have been a ton of new mods
>Suddenly there's this sonic one!
Sonic robo blast 2 has been in ongoing development for 16 years.

I hate IGN so much.
youtube.com/watch?v=bXVIAOSbaPc

Oh my fucking god, ign are so incompetent.

Tell me the free roam games that don't have an upgrade system of any kind.

You can't spell ignorance without IGN.

Every GTA besides SA and 5

I should have been more specific to the level up system instead of saying "rpg elements"
I can't even think of a 3D Sonic game that doesn't have an upgrade system of any kind.

youtube.com/watch?v=S4jGOfZCfTY

It's the point where literal retardation and the most innovative of rusemanship combine.

I don't think colours does, does it?

Arguably unlocking the wisps

But in GTA you get more money the further you go which in turn lets you get better weapons and gear which also lets you get more money easier. That's essentially upgrading.

Aside form the camera zooming in and out, it looks good enough to me.

Interesting concept but needs to be much more cleanly executed. Some levels had way too much going on. The general mood made it feel like it was built more to play while high than anything else.

Regular Sonic's been trippy before, like Sonic 1 Special Stages, but that's another level.