Sony is biggest fraud and hack in this industry

Announcing HDR is coming to all PS4 models.

Average joe: yey OG ps4 wont get behind thank you SONY

>PS plus 1 year - 60€
>For literaly no change in servers or anything whatsoever

And this is coming from someone who owns a ps4

>HDR
amazing, only like 10 years later than PC

Well lighting technic used in games is different that TV display tech.

no game engine or monitor support HDR yet

Source engine does though.

and supposedly NBA 2K17 has support which is released , also Forza Horizon 3 releasing in 2 days

HDR lightning isnt same thing
as of now only TVs support real HDR

Goddammit user, its hardware level hdr, not game engine hdr you find in games

As others already said, we're not talking about HDR rendering, but actual HDR hardware.

devs can patch their games and future games will be hdr enabled on original ps4s

quit your winging

Genuine interest here, what HDR games does the xbox have?

casual filter: they all believe they getting hdr on ps4 pleb* without 4ktv

I got a 4k tv a month ago after having the same old 1080p tv for years.
Smart tv's are pretty cool yo.

emulated effect

2016 HDR is a hardware/screentechnology update

Horizon 3, GoW, RE7, 2K17, Battlefield 1, Scalebound, and any other games that get some sorta update.

So a bunch of games that aren't out yet and will also have hdr on ps4...

well aside from cheap effects like sunglare, you had to plan your game with hdr in mind for the assets

All games should be able to have HDR, it is an overlayed effect

Yeah but half the games you just said are third party, which have known of the pro for a while and probably have the exact same thing as the xbox slim, the other games aren't even out yet besides Horizon 3(I think) so what makes them different from any ps4 thats not out yet and can have HDR implemented.

your tv/monitor has a set range of colors that it can display.
That range is often dynamic, so in a scene with lots of green variations but no blue, the color range can be dynamically adjusted to include shitloads of greens but no blue.
The problem with this is that in an image with loads of distinct colors the monitor has to approximate lots of them, so if you have 1000 slightly different greens, they will be culled down to maybe 100 different shades.
High dynamic range just gives your monitor a much larger color range so it can faithfully reproduce all 1000 shades of green (or any other color) with no compromises.

The 'HDR' that games have had for years is not the same thing. It's just an effect that simulates the camera adjusting to the ambient light conditions.
Pretty much every game since 2006 has this.

How do I know if my monitor has HDR.

if you bought it in the last year and it said "HDR READY!" in huge letters on the box

>you had to plan your game with hdr in mind for the assets
I don't think you realise how HDR works

Well HDR in engines isn't lighting in source engine the HDR is used for determine pixel information as example which pixel has more saturation, contrast, etc... has nothing to do with the light and the light system it's independent from HDR, HDR is used in post proccessing.