How do you cope with the fact that the third game in your favourite series ended up as the complete blunder that will...

How do you cope with the fact that the third game in your favourite series ended up as the complete blunder that will be mocked in the form of memes for years to come?

You can see lot of COMPLEX MOTIVES and Delta posting in threads about Danganronpa, Ace Attorney, shitty villains threads etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

At least it ended.

Why is Stan Lee in this game

>MGSV, ZTD, and DR3 all came out and had fucking awful writing in the space of just one year

I seriously want to die.

If NieR: Automata and Gravity Rush 2 are disappointments as well I may kill myself.

>DR3
>awful writing

Just like 1 and 2 then?

I've never played these games, who is this guy?

1 and 2 were dumb as fuck but still enjoyable rides that were at least consistent with themselves.

AE was a bit of a letdown plotwise but had a pretty strong cast still.

DR3 is just a fucking dogshit mess of retcons and terrible characters and has actively ruined what enjoyment I got out of the games.

Complex

That is not a fair and just statement and you know it. DR1 was at least a 7/10 in terms of story. Maybe not the delivery of voice lines but the overall narrative was good.

124 year old cosplaying as Delta when

The mastermind of the last game of a trilogy that had a good second game but that was mainly for setting up the third one
This dude who is called Delta is 124 and with the characters in the game but just outside the camera angles so since you can't see him and nobody talks about him there is no way to know he was there
He also has very complex motives to kill 6 billion people that make him a good guy but he never explains them to you because he needs to tell you first that he has the power to Mind Hack

That seems complex.

I like memes so it's ok

Is he the Skullface of ZE?

Or is Skullface the Delta of Metal Gear?

What's this about Mind Hack?

HUMAN PENDULUM

WE HAVE GONE OFF TOPIC

You better get ready before you read this because it might blow your mind
The easiest way to explain it is that it's the POWER TO MIND HACK[/spoiler]
So basically he uses his power to make a person who was going to shoot him shoot him
He also apparently finds human decisions fascinating but he uses his power to rig them and make people choose the thing he wants even when you get a bad end with both choices

>dr3
Thank fuck this shit is almost over.
>the entire world went to shit because the people got mind hacked into despair
Bravo Kodaka

I'll admit ZTD was kind of disappointing as an ending to the series but "a complete blunder" is an exaggeration

Means the ability to read minds and influence actions

youtube.com/watch?v=mfOsjVT8mlU

Just watch this.

You can skip whole game and just watch this

>Remember how in DR2 I said Izuru was a mondter like Junko who murdered the student council and that Junko broke class 77 through psychological torment via exploiting their personal weaknesses and dark pasts? LOL NEITHER DO I

B R A V O

>kind of disappointing

>Uchi, but what about another end? What about Kyle, "?", Brother and all these questions that you promised to be answered in the third game?

>well it's not canon and Kyle will be in the future in real life I told you guys also there is so much of the sand I just took one grain you can make your own canon in your head

His Twitter is worse than Sean Murray

I don't understand.

the joke's one you, some of my favorite series have never got a 3rd game, and some were just 1 game with a cliffhanger ending

Neither do the fans

Someone tell me what happened on DR3

ill never get this

>animu stylized person

>realistic shaded object

It's too complex to understand

>condemned one had a pretty neat atmosphere and wondering why everything went to shit

>condemned 2 managed to fuck all that up

But Kyle's clearly unrelated to whatever's happening in ZTD, everyone knew that from the start, and ? was the player and VLR wasn't even cryptic about it. Brother was explained even if his motives were ~complex~ which just kinda watered down the whole thing. That and the rest of the loose ends (which while not vital would've been nice to hear answered) are what makes it kind of disappointing.

>Junko lying to act like others did it on their own when she was a massive asshole

Fits her, to be honest. She would lie her way just to send others to despair.

Pic related is 100% canon and serious
Also it has a pretty sweet gay love story between two males that somehow has become the favorite characters in the entire anime for most of the Cred Forums fanbase

I feel like this only happens because people build up their expectations way too high and the final product obviously can't match up with the endless possibilities that are swimming in your mind.
I enjoyed ZTD and DR3 for what they were, not perfect but certainly enjoyable.

Not necessarily true, Eric may not have shot him. But by controlling Eric he guarantees he doesn't die to the explosion. I guess it boils down to which is worse, dying to a bomb or a gun.

I like DR3, but it makes me thankful that V3 will be a reboot.
Maybe that final HOPE episode will be alright.

>Despair side
Izuru dindu nuffin
Everyone Junko turned to despair was brainwashed via magic anime made by the ultimate animator and they're thus blameless for their actions
Mukuro is a smelly bitch and a siscon like non-IF fags always said
Multiple people either knew what junko was up to or suspected it but did fucking nothing about it for no good reason
Screen time was wasted on characters from Future arc who accomplished nothing in the end
The maid was brainwashed and the boxer was gay and covered for junko to keep it a secret (no, really)

>Future
Monaca showed up just long enough to say komaeda made her realize hope and despair are both retarded and she was fucking off to become a NEET in space (no, really)
Everyone but weedman, naegi, aoi, asahina, and vice prez are dead
Vice prez went raiden-mode but was redeemed
Turns out that people were being made to watch junko's despair anime so they'd kill themselves and there was no killer
Boxer redeemed himself
Mastermind is still unknown

>But Kyle's clearly unrelated to whatever's happening in ZTD
VLR ended with Akane telling the player how crucial for the plan to work is Kyle existance

>? was the player and VLR wasn't even cryptic about it
Why even introduce him if it was dropped in next game? Ever17 done this right. Also done by Uchi, but these times he had side writers to hold off his hack abilities.

>Brother was explained
My bad, I was thinking about Left.
Also Brother motives were not only complex but completely retconned.

And there are a lot of other problems, like everyone acting OOC or different in every scene (Akane sperg outs are the worst example) or how the virus thing was handled out. Akane said, that there is no timeline without Radical-6 released and here it is only released in one timeline.

And don't let me even start about Sigma and Phi, they were trained for that moment and they done fucking nothing at all. Sigma is supposse to be a 60-something years old scientist and he act as clueless to everything like new characters.

Tbh Mocana decision was the most sensible in the whole anime.

This whole hope and despair deal is just absurd

I feel like i'm the only person who enjoyed the "Delta was always with you" twist, looking back afterwards there are alot of hints but we all missed them.
Not everything was tied up as neatly as I would have imagined but I'm so damn happy we got an end to the trilogy.

And all the stuff with Diane was heartbreaking, was almost driven to tears at a certain revelation you know the one

why did he even kill himself if he wasn't a shifter
Why not just play a fake self destruct anouncement and just remain in the timeline alive after they leave

I don't think the Delta twist would be nearly so hated if not for the fact he went on to then become a fucking awful character and was a major part of why so many people hated the story

I move on to other franchises that still get good sequels.

tbf AA only recently got back to being good after a few shit or subpar games

Basically what this user said.
I enjoyed 999 and ZTD, but never got around to playing VLR because I can't find a copy of it anywhere.

True. Luckily VLR helped to pass the time.

In ZTD's case it's less "people got overhyped" and more "Uchikoshi blatantly lied about what the plot would be right up to release and what we got kinda sucked even on its own"

yoko wouldnt stray from his niche, no need to worry about nier when you know what to expect. i like his males way better than females though so im already in for disappointment but i can get over it.

as for gravity rush 2, thats a game with gameplay as the focus and the devs/publisher are reliable so it will NOT be a let down to say the least.

The thing that fucking kills me about ZTD is that it's so close to being really good.

>It has a good build up
>I liked the presentation. Even the voice acting was decent (minus Mira and Shaun)
>the dialogue writing was competent
>Memorable characters
>doesen't hold back with gore
>a fair share of good twists the wall for example

But it just doesen't goes the extra mile that would lead to greatness. That last bit that made 999 and especially VLR so fantastic. And it feels like they did it that way because they wanted it simpler, not because they couldn't make it better. I bet that first draft that Uchi the motherfucker wrote was better and much tighter connected to VLR.

ZTD is still my GOTY because it was entertaining, but that bitter taste will last forever. It seemed like the stars were lining up just this once to let us have a satisfying ending that would make everybody happy. I believed that up until I played it. And there's nothing to really fill that hole. I didn't know that I could get so frustrated because of a video game.

u ok user?

Is that Oswald from KOF XI?

You just answered your own question

The worst Ace Attorney games were still good imo.

that's because we've gone off topic

You know that you are SHITTers, correct?

Those are only the second entries user.
NieR 3 and Gravity Rush 3 are the ones that'll wind up being huge pieces of shit.

This is the best thing that came out of this game

Don't forget about the shitty ost decisions
>let's play bluebird lamentation fucking EVERYWHERE

DR3 was enjoyable mostly because of the little things, like using the 16 bit music during Natsumi's scene.

The plot isn't mind blowing, but I see it like a fanservice for the people who played DR1 and 2.

This drove me up the fucking wall so much. Even in VLR where it was first featured played it only sparingly when appropriate. It really downplays the impact of the song where before you have a giant revelation happen or a character dying, now it just plays during a watercooler talk.

>The wall twist
As interesting of a twist as that was, there was literally no reason for it.

Why make the rooms look different? It won't fool them, because they're all there at different times. It fools the player, sure, but not the participants. Even if they noticed the room looks the same on the recorded footage of other wards, they'll just think the other wards were designed to look identical.

So what was the point? Unless I'm missing something.

>So what was the point?
COMPLEX

I still liked the idea of the twist. There was so much more he could have done with it.

Such as even the ceiling windows showing the sky are also part of the wall technology. And maybe having other fake "windows" that give a view of the desert so you know you're there. Only for the entire thing to be part of the wall and they're in a completely different location.

I think that you have gone off topic

Feelsgoodman.jpg

So who exactly killed Mira again? Was it a seanbot?

Wait I just remembered it was Delta, he even shows the scratches
Complex as shit

>tfw I loved dead space, assassin's creed, 999, bioshock, and black ops
why do I even bother buying the final game in a trilogy.

>Also it has a pretty sweet gay love story between two males
Really? Who?

This dude and guy that looks like the Persona 4 MC

I use those same memes as a form of comfort, just like everyone else.

it's one-sided
he ends up dying at the hands of the guy he loves

why is this allowed.

Take a guess why it's allowed.

I just remember 11

Hope you're looking forward to RDR 3

Hey there, true believers.

I made the memes to cope
Danganronpa just happened to help contribute to delta's longievity thanks to kodaka being a hack who couldn't help but share ideas with his best bud uchi

>the anime to mind hack
>the despair to mind hack
>the sweets to mind hack

Kodaka really outdid himself

Kodaka and Uchi slowly morphing Danganronpa and Zero Escape into a single IP is the result we deserve.

>the anime written by a hack
Bravo Kodaka

>the fanatical terrorist mentioned at the end of ZTD is junko

This thread needs more Carlos.

You have no idea how much I want that to be true

PUT DOWN THE CARLOS user

Unless I'm misreading the graphic I really hope this is bait.

Zero escape is the most intellectually stimulating series out of ZE, DR and AA, and requires the most intelligence to complete.

Juzo > Carlos

I'm going to marry Carlos!

And get impregnated by Carlos!

And impregnate Carlos!

>How do you cope
I just forget about it's existence until i bump into the thread on Cred Forums reminding me, then forget again 5 minutes later

I think he was refering to the DR > AA part and I agree

But DR3 is not out?

Reminder that anyone who likes 999 should check out Ever17 and Remember11, great sci-fi visual novels directed by Uchi.

>Everyone but weedman, naegi, aoi, asahina, and vice prez are dead

If Toko is dead I'm done with this series.

>intelligence required
>posts puzzles from ZTD
You have no credibility. Should've at least included the shower cap one, for laughs.

It's been airing for three months.

My bad, I meant of the characters involved in the current pseudo-killing game. Toko/Komaru are fine. Byakuya is supposedly dead but it was offscreen and likely a fakeout

Come on user, the number system decoding puzzle was the one puzzle in ZTD that was actually good and required some logic

Not sure if I'd put Zero Escape first because of how bad some of the puzzles were in ZTD but yeah I meant the AA < DR part.

Fuck ZE3. I'm never getting hyped for another game every again.

At least Ace Attorney is still decent and there's the real DR3 coming out soon.

DR 2-5 is better than any ace attorney game

Kind of unrelated, but kind of related: A fairly long time ago, I was in a ZE thread where somebody recommended "Root Double: Before Crime After Days" to people that liked ZE.

I've finally managed to go through the game, and wherever you are, mysterious user, I thank you, because Root Double was great.

It's not written by Uchi, but it's written by the guy that directed Never 7/Ever 17/Remember 11, and as we've seen from Kodaka, Uchi has some sort of parasitic thing to him where his ideas latch on to you and end up in your stuff too.

>Toko is fine
hope: restored

She's the only member of the original cast with any fucking personality(ies)

Byakuya and Kyoko are both 'tell them Naegi', lmao weedman should've died in another characters place in the original game and Aoi is as bland as it fucking gets. Komaru is even worse.

Only reason the spinoff was 5/10 and not 2/10 was because of Toko.

Fair enough. I thought there were other ZTD puzzles on there, should've looked more closely.

>tfw sigma and carlos are so buff and dreamy

Why can't japs make characters designed more like them instead of sasuke uchiha from final fantasy 15?

>AA has a trap character
>DR has a trap character
>PL has a trap character

really makes you think

i just looked that up on steam and every screenshot has generic anime girl in it

i'm not saying it can't be good because of that but it looks the characters are primarily girls that are after (or will be after) the mc's dick.

is it actually good? this wouldn't bother me so much if the character designs didn't seem so bland.

4 SCOOPS COME ON SON

this
Danganronpa I can handle but I'd be legitimately embarrassed for that to be on my steam profile

You damm shitposting brats.
Who needs a fire man when
you got an ice cream man.
Post more of best boy

DanganRonpa 1 was cool and fun, while not being mindblowing.

DR2 was shit, uninspired twist and lame characters when you found out what they were all about.

>lame characters

I'll give you 2-5 was really good but I think AA's 3-5, 6-5 and even the whole plot about AAI2 was better. Maybe 2-4 too.

I might be kind of biased though because after enjoying the whole game, chapter 6 came and kinda ruined it. Didn't like that chapter at all.

Komaeda alone is better than half of the first game's cast.

i will fight you

DR3 has the worst writting in anime history.

>what is evangelion

>lame characters
They're WAY better than the first cast. Komaeda is probably the best character in the DR universe. fuck you juzoboys

I wanted to like it, but the hints were a bit too subtle and I can't just accept the fact that there was an old man in a wheelchair who conveniently were out of view and conveniently no one ever mentioned.
Sure, there were hints like if Q died the status screen still showed him as alive and they made it very clear that no one knew who Sean was yet never questioned the identity of this "Q" person.
And how the fuck did he live to be 124? Why that far back in time? Why not have him sent a bit closer to the future so his age made sense?

>damaged goods

>Not the version with a shotgun

Damn brats.

he had purple eyes so he's clearly got some kind of superhuman existence

It's bullshit but I'm sure uchi doesn't think normal people live to that long so surely it was done on purpose

I kind of disliked how the teams were split up for the entire game. I preferred how in the previous two games your team changed between each room, which kept conversations a bit more fresh.

most things in the story was cringe worthy
still some stuff was OK leaving the plotholes aside.

Diana pressing the button and make everything blow to shit.
Diana sending her own daughter to bring hell in the world with radical-6
Diana being a total drunk bitch before she gave birth to delta and phi
other bullshit like the 2 carlos in the same timeline , wating 10months to acomplish nothing and shift every 5 sec leaving his other self to die every time

THIS

Where the hell is Hotel Dusk?

Doesn't fit with the bait's narrative
No layton for the same reason I'd imagine

Does look interesting, haven't heard of it previously, maybe I'll check it out.

It wasn't as good as it could've been, it wasn't as bad.

I was let down by the ending but also really enjoyed the ride.

"enjoyable disappointment" is the best term I can think of to describe ZTD

It was a wild ride without the desired payoff

Diana felt like a complete bipolar bitch. One minute she's nice and caring like you'd expect from her character; the next she suddenly bashes shit in or destroys a vial of medicine without hesitation. Sure, mind hack or whatever, but it should only last for a short duration, yet she retains her choice.

>i'm not saying it can't be good because of that but it looks the characters are primarily girls that are after (or will be after) the mc's dick.

There is basically none of that in Root Double. The story revolves around a disaster that happens in a nuclear research facility. The characters are people like rescue workers, researchers that didn't manage to evacuate, a school teacher and some high schoolers that just happened to be there, that kind of stuff.

Like, I mean, I'm just a random shithead that likes posting pictures of Monaca, but for what it's worth, I'm going to say that this game is far, far from the harem type thing that you might be imagining.

Personal relationships do play into things, but that's because the nine main people involved in the disaster are all interconnected, and working out the way they are connected is a big, big part of unraveling the mysteries behind LABO.

Also, there's a lot of science going on in the story. More so than ZE ever had. A central plot line revolves around BC, or "Beyond Communication", which can basically be described as the ability to project your inner voice into the heads of other people and listening to other people's inner voice. Telepathy and mind reading, basically. And there's a lot of science shit going on that went straight over my head.

Basically, I could wrap my head around Ice-9 and all that shit. I still can't fucking wrap my head around BC.

If you're still unsure, just pirate it. If the first two hours or so haven't grabbed you, then just don't continue playing. But I wholeheartedly recommend anybody that enjoyed ZE at least check it out.

>built the Monokuma units
>brainwashed the kids in Towa city, kills pretty much everyone else
>kills the ultimate psychologist to peek in on the killing game just for kicks
>gets bored with everything and fucks off to space to be a neet
What other games have villains that completely get away with it?

Delta

>No explanation for Phi's superhuman powers/agility.

Thanks.

>trapping 3 rescuers and 6 people waiting to be rescued inside.
>There are still 9 hours before the system recovers.

So there's 9 people trapped with only 9 hours to escape? Huh.....sounds familiar somehow.

>lot of science going on in the story

Does it contain a lot of random science babble like anything written by Uchi? Because science babble is my guilty pleasure. Well I'm interested, I'll probably check it out once I'm finished with my current VN.

Can someone post thatwebm of that guy dressed up as a snail blocking the car traffic?

They were on the moon. She doesn't do any extraordinary physical feats in ZTD.

Did she ever have that? I mean other than drop-kicking Delta? What did she do again? Wasn't it because of "being on the fucking moon" she did stuff no other sane person would try since they assumed it was impossible?

There is a ton of science babble. The game takes place in a nuclear research facility and directly revolves around a new form of communication that is also being researched in the city. There is science out the ass in this game.

>Does the exact same ridiculous meme at the end of ZTD

I might pass it off as the series going to shit, though.

AA is still the best, sorry baito-kun

>we literally don't know anything about Phi's background
>we don't know what happened to D team after ZTD """good end"""
>Kyle is noncanon metafiction

Thanks, Uchi.

Thanks

We know she's sigma and diana's daughter, brother of delta, raised by original old clone phi

Yeah, and?

she can kick good

This is like the only chapter in the whole series that's even comparable to a good AA case. Everything else is on a Turnabout Samurai level of mediocrity

Dropkicks can be performed by normal people under normal gravity, user.

It's no use

AE starts slow, but after you deal with the first two brats it picks up. The Destroy the Remote Showdown with Monaca is one of the best parts of the entire series.

Let's all just agree DR3:Despair never happened though

... Dragon Quest 3 is fine?

>number system decoding puzzle

>MINDKICC

>DR3 gave Donuts tons of screentime, still alive of course
>Kirigiri finally gets a little screen time and bam, kill her off even after someone had just sacrificed themself for her
>Even fucking weedman is still alive
>Every single episode ending in a stupid cliffhanger
>Pretty much all of Despair arc is a retconning+character ruining pile of garbage
DR3 was a mistake, I wish I had never watched it, it has retroactively ruined the entire series for me.

It gave us Juzo though, Juzo is the best meme character.

>Played 999 for the first time a week ago
>Got axe and safe ending
>Went for the true ending today
>"To be continued"
>Realize i forgot to save after getting safe ending
>Have to replay this shit two times again
>Fuck
>MFW

enjoy the experience, user, you'll only get it once
Don't let forgetting to save ruin it for you

>game is bad
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?

I bet that asshole snail pencil-holder on his desk is responsible.

Junko was really the original Delta

I just thought they were horrible after finding out the truth about them. I couldn't like them after that.

I own in on PSP...I played through 2 routes AGES ago, should I get through it?

DRV3 isnt out yet silly. You arent counting the anime are you?

I'm on the same boat. Played games when they came out on pc, liked them a lot. Found myself hyped for upcoming anime and got burned out hardly.

I'm still going to play V3 if they bring it on steam but without any excitement whatsoever.

The anime is Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy. Calling it DR3 is correct.

Looks more like Ema glasses to me, desu.

Hotel dusk is easy
It's strength is its characters and atmosphere

>How do you cope with the fact that the third game in your favourite series ended up as the complete blunder that will be mocked in the form of memes for years to come?
Bloodborne came out a year later so I'm ok