Which is better, Cred Forums?

Which is better, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jRXQsQKGqIU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dead Space 1 hands down. Combat was so much better and they didn't go into a thousand different directions with the story, atmosphere and dialogue.

I love both but giving it to RE4.

One of my most replayed games ever.

Dead Space wouldn't exist without RE4

RE4, for pacing, level design, encounter design, resource managemetn

RE4 of course.

Dead Space is just a monster closet fest that gets old fast. RE4 also does many interesting things with monsters and varied settings, while DS feels very cliche.

>and they didn't go into a thousand different directions with the story, atmosphere and dialogue.

Neither did RE4. Simplest story imaginable. And varied environments is only a good thing.

The starts as an investigation of a kidnapping. A horror-thriller and goes off the rails an hour later with crazy conspiracies, insane villains, lolsofunneh banter and Leon becoming this weird mix of Indiana Jones and DMCs Dante. How is that "not in a thousand different directions"?

Dead Space hands down, it's basically an improvement of RE4 mechanics, with level design inspired by System Shock, and atmosphere from Event Horizon mixed with Aliens.

Dead Space 1 is such an underrated shooter. Unfortunately fags go in thinking it's full survival horror and then don't get scared (because it's not scary, it's just tense and unnerving in parts and has a spooky atmosphere in the beginning) but man is it a great third person shooter with solid level design and pacing.

Story is god tier as well. One of the most underrated stories I've even seen in a video game. Barely any gay drama shit, instead it's actually a realistic survival situation where you are a mechanic who does mechanic things like fix broken spaceships while the marker messes with your mind making you hallucinate your gf.

Dead Space 1 is honestly one of the best games of last gen.

Doesn't make it better.

>level design
I'd personally give this to DS, the castle was a mess. Could've went with a better location, that transition from the village to castle felt weird.

>goes off the rails
That's what made it good

Not that user, but that just sounds like one direction escalating

You would've preferred Detective Leon investigating a kidnapping the whole game?

Hang yourself with razor wire. Please. You are why the series is now shit.

What's wrong with the castle

I got bored of Dead Space within a few hour.

But I've probably played through RE4 a dozen times by bow.

The reason is because Mikami is fucking god.

I'm just glad there are two good games in the same genre instead of none.

>resident evil was always serious meme

YES! Like in the classics. Walk into a room, find a puzzle that you can't solve yet, explore a bit more, find a different puzzle that you can solve which gives you an item to solve the previous puzzle which gives you a key to a new area where you find more puzzles with maybe a dozen very tough enemies in between etc.

well seeing as how RE games suck ass and I've never even played a Dead Space game I can already say Dead Space games are better.

Resident Evil is in the shitter now BECAUSE it takes itself so seriously, you fucking autistic manchild

I prefer RE4 for the variety of it. Nothing in RE4 beats the satisfaction that is the Plasma Cutter though.

And FUCK regenerators

RE5 and 6 were ironic weren't they?

But it was. The first game was a basic horror movie. A team of police officers ambushed who fled into a trap filled mansion and they had no idea what's going on. Yes, there was some corny dialogue but nowhere near the level of cuhurazay the series went in.

Guys whats that singing?

Tfw plasma cutter is the best weapon in the game and also the first weapon you get

I just assumed it was being 100% ironic because of how ridiculous the entire situation was

RE4 is one of the most, MOST overrated games of all times and is praised by people who never played pc or older consoles before. But I still prefer it. I like the setting and atmosphere of DS more, but it's like you know that felling like something's not right with the game. But if you ask me about DS2, I prefer it to RE4.

But only for the basic horror tropes. Radios don't work, they split up, they don't just shoot the lock/hinges off doors or aim for the head of a zombie. Sure. But if you can't look past shit like that you'll never be able to enjoy a slasher or any horror movie really.

The only thing that's wrong with Dead Space ist that you can buy as much ammo as you want.

I meant the design of the mansion

RE IS NOT FUCKING IRONIC, YOU NIGGERS DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF THE WORD

RE IS A B-SERIES, BAD GRAPHICS (AT LEAST FROM A TECHNOLOGY STANDPOINT, ITS USUALLY ASSETS WITH BAKED IN LIGHTING IF NOT A SINGLE UNMOVING RENDER ALLA RE1-3), BAD VOICE ACTING, BAD STORY, EHH GAMEPLAY

THIS DOSE NOT MEAN ITS A BAD GAME, EVIL DEAD IS A CULT CLASSIC AND RE IS AS WELL

RE & IS A MISTAKE AND ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS A POSER

UNLESS 7 TURNS OUT TO BE CAMPY AS FUCK, THEN ITS ALRIGHT IN MYBOOK

Not fair to compare them, totally different goals and design.

RE4 is an action game through and through, filled with a mixture of wide open spaces and more tension-filled narrow hallways for dangerous encounters. Ammo is incredibly common, and you are encouraged to kill everything in order to upgrade your weapons with pieces of shimmering pure gold. Weapons have a huge breadth of applications, and there is a strong sense of escalation over the game's length.

Dead Space is jump scares, ammo management, real-time game menus, and you're made out of paper. Not to say the gunplay doesn't feel great, but there is no reason to use anything other than the plasma cutter in almost every situation, it's just too good of a basic gun.

Dead Space is faithful to survival horror, and was made during a time when the genre was totally stagnant. RE4 was at a time when its series was stagnant, and reinvisioned its focus.

Both good games, both aged well, and both should be talked about at length by the people who enjoyed them.

The mansion was built by an insane aristocrat and scientist. Reason and common sense basically goes out the window in that case.

Settle down

Time to play motherfucking RE4 again. Which version, Cred Forums?

Steam.

It's flat out the best version available.

Gamecube my man.

(/spoiler) Emulate it on a PC

The REmake being exclusive to a failing platform is what killed the survival horror genre. Capcom made the best game in the genre and nobody played it because nobody owned the platform so Capcom thought that nobody cared about the genre and moved 4 in a radically different direction. If they instead had made the REmake a multiplatform title and followed up with remakes of 2 and 3 the series would have evolved while still staying faithful to the genre instead of going full crazy action.

this should be the only post on v

I don'g get it why do you loke re4? I played it on release and hd steam version and it always felt to me so boring and clunky.

>RE4
>Simplest story imaginable.
Nigga

NO

I HAD 2 CUPS OF COFFEE THIS MORNING, AND PEOPLE USING THE WORD IRONIC WRONG FRIES MY FANNY

ALSO DIDN'T HELP I DID NOT NOTICE COOL CONTROL WAS ON TILL I WAS COMMITTED TO KEEP TYPING

NO REGRETS

Steam HD version.

this?
youtube.com/watch?v=jRXQsQKGqIU

dead space because it's actually a horror game

Wow, two whole cups? You're a badass, user. I bet you drive at 61mph in a 60

>Dead Space 1
>Beating RE 4 in dialogue

user, you're small time.

>actually liking the forced banter
Bet you enjoy Marvels capeshit as well.

For you.

Then play the classics. They were trying to do something different with RE4

This and the whispering made the early parts of the game very atmospheric.

Dead space. I remember playing the gamecube version of RE4 over 10 years ago and getting bored of it pretty fast. I never got tired cutting limbs off necros though. still havent.

I've beaten RE4 about 6 times.

I stopped playing Dead Space a third of the way through.

If they ever make a fourth one they really need to use the advanced technology to make the necromorphs actually scary again

take the basic concept of the dividers and apply it to every mook in the game, basic slashers having tens of variations after being torn to pieces so that youll have an army of separated limbs, heads and lower bodies mutating and dragging towards you