Elex

Is there hope?

youtube.com/watch?v=PR4XDNqCZDE

It releases early 2017.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m4xZewnUl2k
youtube.com/watch?v=b66qdhJG47E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Was looking good until the copypasted Risen combat showed up.

>early 2017
Mid. Maybe later, they are willing to delay the game if it comes to that.

And sure. It looks better than G3, and it's not pirates. That instantly makes it better than half of PB's catalog.

>Hope
>Made by the same dev of Risen 2 and 3

>romances

No.

>Those animations
>that combat
>aim assist

No. There's no hope.

>3rd person fallout clone + shitty Risen combat
Welp, there goes the only game i was hyped for. Give me Gothic 1 + 2 HD remake instead.

If this is the final cgarakter model for the hero, then not.

I hate to say it but this looks fanmod for UT or something. I'll still check it out though.

>taking them two years to make a Risen 3 conversion mod

More gameplay

youtube.com/watch?v=m4xZewnUl2k

This is Germany right?
>Those two skeletons hugging each others
kek

Only one, from what I've heard. Shouldn't be too hard to avoid, and it can't be much worse than the shit they've pulled with Patty.

The animations are really bad. I usually try to ignore eye candy but they really are bad and while they say they are placeholders I can't believe in them being much better.

All 3 risen games have bad animations and combat. I have reason to believe they actually havent played any video games other than their own.

Is there anyone genuinely interested in a Risen 3 key?

No, you can get one for 1.50USD together with other games.

This one looks especially awful, and come on Gothic 2 had pretty damn nice animations for sword combos.

It looks bland as fuck.
Same as Technomancer and that's already forgotten.

They do play this though

Yes, this is where I got my copy from.
Only I bought Risen 3 on release

>Gothic 2 had pretty damn nice animations for sword combos
Combat in Gothic 1 and 2 = Use your brain and chain your hits to a combo
Combat in Gothic 3 and all Risen games = Just click everything to death

I thought the Risens had perfectly adequate animations. Nothing to write home about, but not distracting either. To this day the only similar game to have animations that genuinely bothered me was Divinity 2. That had some genuinely weird shit going on with its human animations, with NPCs flailing around their arms like utter retards floating in zero gravity.

For some shitty looking post-apocalyptic mmo?

I sure as hell hope fucking not.

Yeah divinity 2 had some weird ones as well. It just baffles me that after 3+ games they still play it and think "Yeah this is fine"

>Risen
>just click everything to death

No. The combat in Risen was the best PB has offered so far.

It's not an MMO it's a singleplayer Fallout + Risen mash up that wants to be the new elder scrolls.

nope.

>The combat in Risen was the best PB has offered so far.

The shooting looks like dogshit. Its pretty damn clear they kinda hacked it in compared to the melee combat.

Have you used a gun in Risen 2-3?
It is an improvement for them.

The animations are a bit clunky but it had more to it than G1/2, with block breaks, dodges and counter moves.
youtube.com/watch?v=b66qdhJG47E

My bad the gameplay just made me assume it was and this is not a good thing. I still shouldn't have jumped to conclusions though.

It is also early on in its development, so it may improve, I hope to god most of that development time is spent on the gameplay cause holy shit that is bad.

I am still surprised fallout 4 got away with obviously lazy gameplay when even if it was a story driven game you could do better.

I loved loved G3, loved Risen, but this honestly is looking like shit

>playing some Risen
>learn the raise dead spell or whatever its called
>Skeleton actually has a name
>its Fred
>Thus began user and Fred's excellent adventure

Games need more names for summons.

Permanent summoning was great, albeit unbalanced.

I only had Fred and he really didnt do much. I brought him everywhere anyway.

The combat isn't finished yet, neither ranged, nor melee. They are just fucking terrible at communicating this information to anyone who watches these videos but doesn't read the forums, because for some curious reason that is where they actually explain what the fuck they are showing us. Germans, I swear.

>As you can imagine many parts aren't finished, yet (like animations, tuning, optimization, AI and more)
>Tuning and optimization are parts, that still have to be done. So not every creature is included and we're still working at their behaviour, AI and ragdoll, for example.
>Right, you cannot use every weapon in the beginning. So the Demo just shows you opportunities. In the game you can choose, optimize and modify your weapon and you have to push your skills to use them. (There will also be skills and armor, that can only be used by the associated faction, for example).
>es, basics are already working, but enemies will also get more AI reactions. They will get different kinds of weapons (to change between melee and ranged, for example) and some of them will also get a jetpack. Even the huge forest troll will be able to throw stones in the end... Besides that they will get different kinds of strengths and weaknesses in the game.

Some more shit in German, but I'm not in the mood for translating. It's nothing mindblowing anyway.

>bring Fred into Volcano temple
>notice anti-magic crystal
>tell him to wait
>come back to pick him up when I'm done
>turns out he stands on the edge on the anti-magic zone and the second he rejoins the party the banishing kicks in

RIP Fred

The game is set in the far future, yet the player character drinks potions and fights with swords.

Combat is horrible, the design of the monsters is cool but their movement sucks. It's so jerky.

GTA minimap and stamina bar, what a disgrace this game is. They should rename the company, these hacks embarrass the guys who made gothic.

Yeah RIP

Yeah the game is giving me the same bullshit vibe FF15 is.

>futuristic shit like a personal jetpack
>a giant shield dome in the distance
>jets fly overhead
>unzips katana to fight creatures that wouldnt be anywhere near an area with settled armed military outposts

>The game is set in the far future, yet the player character drinks potions and fights with swords.
so, fallout? :^)

Thing is they wanted a futuristic setting but could not be bothered to design an actual third person shooter game.
And as a result we got this abomination they churned.
I bet they added the dome for those gothic 2 and 3 references, to give their piece of code a sense of false continuity.

>Permanent summoning was great

Not at the cost of unlimited summoning. Or fuck, just having more than a single summon. Or more than a single kind of creature to summon.

Budget fallout. Everything in Bethesda's atrocity moves, feels and plays better than this.

I dont understand how can a company make their first 2 games great and then go downhill after that. how is it even possible? They had a solid foundation to build upon.

People who made those left the company. Only the name and the tech stayed the same.

>every company that makes RPGs like this has bad animators

Do you come from the future? :^)

I see, so you imply they will improve upon this alpha we saw in four months.
Work that could not be done in years, will be done in months.
I predict a bigger failure than the rushed Gothic 3 launch.

Does Fallout have cyber-ninjas in volcano monasteries and arctic military basements?

The word you are looking for is not Fallout my friend. It's "clusterfuck".

The difference is that fallout has a consistent art direction.

Ninjas are cool and so are monks, why not include them all in one setting.
What could go wrong.

What 4 months? Mid-2017 release implies at least 9 months.

>What could go wrong.
Only one thing is certain. All will be well.

Man I have a soft spot for those "low budget" RPGs. Risen Franchise, Two Worlds, the Spider RPGs like Mars: War Logs and Technomancer. Some of the games really border between mediocre and shit some are decent but idk they are a guilty pleasure of mine for some reason that I can not explain. Maybe it's just shit taste or I just like some crude RPGs among the polished turds. But I'm looking forward to Elex. I don't have much hope that this game will outshine anything and I have my expectations pretty low. But I'm definitely going to check it out.

That looks fucking abysmal, like a free to play game.
PB should just stop making video games.

>playing two worlds 2
>messing with spells
>every fight is me saying GOOD LUCK IM BEHIND 11 SKELETONS

Nothing's wrong with that, I didn't regret getting Bound by Flame even though it's incomplete, of course I can't tell anyone to play it too

In all fairness I enjoy them more than polished AAA turds, which I can't even bring myself to play.

I know that feel. Im in this thread complaining about Elex but I know im going to play it at some point.

>but looks like shit
>but it controls like shit
>but
>but
still 100% better than anything bethsoft.

Animations are placeholder from Risen until the mocap company finishes up.
I don't know why they thought showing this footage yet was a good idea.

looks like absolute shit
how many original gothic developers are even working on it?

At least 2 of the important ones, but without a list of the current ELEX team it's hard to say for sure.

>wants to be the new elder scrolls
I've had more fun even with the shitty PB games than I had with any Elder Scrolls after Morrowind.

>tfw vanilla gothic 2 had summoning limit of around 20
So many skellingtons.

I think they changed it to 1 for Night of the Raven.
That was fucking hilarious while it lasted though.

>Is there hope?
No. Not for this Sci-fi/medieval/dinosaur/post-apoc/40K fucking mess. It looks garbage, as much as I wish it didnt, it really does. I dont understand why PB dont look and the Gothic Series and Risen 1 and try to expand on what was already there. If they really are tired of Gothic and want to try something different then why just mash every genre and setting they like in to one game? And why ignore everything they learned making Gothic and Risen 1?
Its time to face reality. Sadly Piranha Bytes are done. This wont be their last game, it will sell okay in Germany, Russia and Poland but they have forgotten what made them so great and there is no going back. Happens with all devs sadly, its just PB turn this time round.
My only hope before they shut down is that they remaster Gothic 1 & 2.

>I think they changed it to 1 for Night of the Raven.

Definitely not, I played most of NotR with armies of goblin skellingtons surrounding me. However it's possible that NotR added the inter-species hostility between summons, and some high level summons like Golems and Demons attacking each other on sight as a kind of soft limit.

So this...is the...power...of superior...wester...n....combat...

>guys guys, this Bethgame knockoff is totally better than regular beth games even though most things are even worse

I don't know, user. Mind telling me what exactly looked worse than an average Bethesda game?

Can you tell me what doesn't look worse?

Has cloth physics, actual grass with collision detection and physics.

Weapons are holstered on the person instead of being tucked in their asshole.

Some of it involves guesswork and assumptions based on previous PB games.

But I am almost certain this game will have better enemy placement and encounter design, most likely character progression, and a faction-dependent skill system which is already more cnc than you'll ever get in a Bethesda game. We also know that loot will be hand-placed, unlike in some previous PB fuck-ups, so that's another one. And then of course while the combat doesn't exactly look stellar, it will sure as hell be better than Bethesda's button-mashing kill-cam infested crap. Even if it ends up another "spam LMB to win" game, which I seriously hope won't be the case.

And of course no loading screens is the big one, unless we see a repeat of Gothic 3.

>I have reason to believe they actually havent played any video games other than their own.

this is exactly what kept going through my head while playing Risen 2 and 3
and now, while watching the Elex footage