Other urls found in this thread:

trello.com/b/KbugnSRJ/subnautica-roadmap
youtube.com/watch?v=Cety5EQ5i8I
youtube.com/watch?v=hM9pa5JQmz0
youtube.com/watch?v=IXAysiwhlho
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That warper look sick as hell

where the fuck is the multiplayerrrrrrrrrr

Can all of you multiplayer fags just fuck off already?

They never said it would be in, they have never indicated they want it in, they have never hinted that it might even be possible.

>Natural Selection 2 dev
>noguns
I'm surprised they trust you to handle a knife.

Hopefully never
Did they change the rays look?
Is there any updates for optimization in this?
This game still runs like shit even if a bit better after the removal of muh digging

Multiplayer is never happening.

They removed the terrformer tool and digging, but the voxel terrain is still in the game, so the performance is mostly the same.
Their plan is to move to static terrain in November, which should improve performance. Then there's going to be an optimization pass in January before the 1.0 update.

trello.com/b/KbugnSRJ/subnautica-roadmap

Have they removed the terraforming so it runs well yet?

see That said it runs just fine on my 390. Pop-in is an issue when traveling, but the framerate is usually around 70-90fps on max settings/1080p. Only in the mushroom forest does it dip to around 45fps minimum.

So was terraforming just no fun? Or is there another reason they're dumping this feature?

If I remember right it was just causing an insane amount of glitches, it caused huge performance problems, and not too many people used it.

I assume they've removed LARGE-SCALE terraforming, but not stuff like patting the ground to find shit

>No HTC Vive support still

Yeah, nah, fuck off shill

You know, the anti-gun stance of one of its developers wouldn't be stupid if you were making a game about Bus Simulator or something.

But going on a rant against guns because people expect weapons in a fucking survival games makes no sense at all. Survival IS about defending yourself with weapons. Fucking retard, the dumbass who said that should be dropped off in some forest full with grizzly bears, and see how your anti-weapons attitude works in the wild.

This game looks fun. When is it done?

How is this still a thing? It was one member of the team once, and it's not been a part of the game or the discussion since. Hell, there are already weapons in the game, and they've even stated that it's likely another will be added before development is done.

When will you autists let go?

Never. It's an excuse to throw shitty tantrums about it. That is what Cred Forums does. It's all that matters to the retards here.
Nobody really gives two fuck about the game. It's about feeling superior over other people and having option to say how dumb they are.

>falling for the vr meme

As you dug the terrain the save file would get bigger. This spiraled into insane lode times and crazy file sizes. Removing terraforming and eventually voxel terrain should improve performance and reduce popin.

It was also fairly easy to exploit digging

Will you still be able to dig a little into the terrain?
I liked putting my metals in a hole during the early game.

>Nobody really gives two fuck about the game.

>It's about feeling superior over other people and having option to say how dumb they are.

Fuck off already we don't need to have this argument again

Unfortunately no. Only crashfish make holes right now and that's going too I'd assume.

I too enjoyed making a salt hole under the base. Guess it's back to water lockers underneath the support struts.

Anyone know if the cyclops bug is still happening? Prawn update kept eating my subs

It isn't a multiplayer game you filthy casual.

I went to the floater island for the first time two days ago and parked the sea moth on the beach.

It got eaten. That was pre update though do idk

I will stop when the developers stop ranting over having weapons in a game about hunting shit and defending yourself from shit in the ocean.

It's like complaining about people asking for driving cars in an open world taking place in a city with vehicles and shit, it obviously comes with the territory.

You see, a tree hugging attitude and survival are two opposite mindsets. It just doesn't make sense in the game's world to crash down on an aquatic planet filled to the brim with bizarre aggressive creatures and not be able to deal with them. It might make sense in a horror game where you're just under equipped and fighting to escape, but it just comes across as quite retarded when you're literally building vehicles that can launch torpedoes.

This is only made worse because you can craft a fucking huge submarine, but an harpoon is too off message? No that's too violent for a survival game, you see, some crazy retard killed people with guns somewhere, don't you understand weapons are offensive? So will I be able to ram creatures dead? Is that allowed or too violent? They're just tiptoeing around because they want to make a game without violence, ignoring the elephant in a room that survival in a hostile environment is a violent situation.

no

Initially the game was going to be procedural, similar to Minecraft, but they ditched that a long time ago in favor of a hand-crafted world, so the voxel terrain is sort of a vestigial leftover from early experimental development.

It's a big performance hog, there's barely any reason to use it gameplay wise, and it can be used to exploit story content, so they decided to cut it.
It's still in the game right now, but the only way for the terrain to be modified is by placing buildings, which auto-level the terrain.
Once they cut the voxel terrain entirely the buildings will have adjustable stilt height and you'll just have to be a little more careful about where you plan to build.

Hello where are the mods

I'm pro-gun rights but the game is better off without guns.

There are plenty of options to deal with hostile creatures. If you just gave the player a gun it would make the game too easy and ruin the suspense.

The lost river is comfy as fuck

Disregarding the remarks of that ONE faggot dev who made it political, the rest of the dev team explains it as a tone choice, as seen in this post.
They want to present a game in which you don't experience being on top. The game would be fucking boring if you could trivialize everything by shanking it with harpoons. None of the big creatures would seem threatening, it would totally kill the mood of the game.

Not like most of the enemies are a threat anyway.
The only things which were actually dangerous were Leviathans, anything else you could calmly swim away from no problem.

I know this is a Subnautica but how do people feel about The Forest. I had a buddy gift it to me.

Fucking Gen Z

>lol u mad
You can't defend it because you know I'm right.

You know what this is about? This is some team of indie hipsters who think their farts don't smell because their new game is above that peasant violence that the COD-playing subhumans enjoy, however they come across as extremely stupid because allowing players to arm themselves would not only make sense in Subnautica's world, it's obvious anyone who could build submarines wouldn't go around just with a marine taser to deal with aggressive creatures that could kill him.

They said something about adding ram damage, so if I ram the Cyclops on stuff, will I kill them, or is that too violent for the "artform"? They're going to have to make a choice: eventually you'll be able to kill stuff by less conventional methods, or some creatures will just have godmode because the devs would rather make the game not make sense at times than allowing the player to kill creatures.

It reminds me of the Arkham Knight problem of the batmobile ramming thugs at high speed but it's not killing because they were shocked before. However the creatures and interacting with them is far more important in Subnautica.

and I say that as someone who enjoys games where you can't kill your enemies like Amnesia, SOMA, Penumbra, because it simply did make sense to be unprepared in those games. Now I do expect someone who can build a huge submarine to have more sense than what Subnautica shows.

I caved in and got this yesterday but so far it seems much more boring than ARK. How far into it until I supposedly get hooked? If you'll pardon the pun, it seems kind of shallow even if the bubbly SPORE-ish art style is easy on the eyes.

fucking flayra, give me co op so me and my gf can go spooky ocean times together
you guys know how to make good netcode cause I played the fuck out of ns1 and 2

I believb.

The games story explains why you can't build weapons.

It's more like being caught off-guard the first time and then not dying ever again to that creature.
The crashfish and the reaper leviathan were the only creatures that I actually died to. I think one way of fixing this would be increasing the movement speed of all creatures when they're in an aggravation or fearful state.

Kind of upset that my main location for base building got this massive cube gun attached to it. Thankfully it appears the Lost River Cove is going to replace it.

>Sea Dragon leviathan
>Warper
OH GOD WHY.
This game is scary without VR. How bad is it with VR?

So is this what shot the ship down?

Jesus christ get the fuck over it. The game would be way less fun, spooky and atmospheric if you could just build guns and kill everything.

Yes, you can build torpedoes. But they require a lot of work to unlock them and to craft them. They are time and resource intensive and a last resort against large creatures.

Just because_one_ guy on the dev team said all that doesn't mean the whole lot of them are tree hugging gun grabbing hippies and sjw's. And yes, I support the second amendment.

>but the voxel terrain is still in the game

fuck

probably sickening given the frame drops

not sure if they removed of fixed it but the defense shock upgrade for the sea moth made everything run away in one shot even the reapers so the game kind of lost that scary factor once you upgraded it

when?

Giant spooky sea squid when?

Well im glad they showed off all the content in that trailer so there is zero reason to explore and play

thanks devs

well they're going to bump into the question, if they haven't already, of what happens when a player just rams the huge submarine into a small stalker, will they just shove it off like nothing happened? Because that does look dumb

I enjoyed SOMA a great deal, it really made sense for you to be unarmed in that game, shit's all a mess, you have no way to make anything, now for a game that drops you into a hostile planet, with a wonderful craft-anything station, and to be forbidden to make any sort of weapon just comes across as quite retarded, it makes no sense to me.

Call it "muh immersion" as much as you want, but to me the developers are avoiding the question that how a person who can craft nearly anything, a small submarine, a big ass submarine, has no means of crafting a portable weapon. The weapons don't have to kill everything, but the smaller ones at the very least. You can't really dance around the issue: survival in the wild involves the killing of predators and shit. It would also allow the game to have roaming predators, ones that you can eventually deal with, rather than just some creatures exclusive to one small biome as it is. Make reapers have extremely tough and impossible to harm hides, or the octopus thing can deflect or maybe throw your harpoons back at you.

In games that don't want you to defend yourself, they usually don't give you crafting capabilities, much less enough capabilities to make vehicles, and much less vehicles that can launch torpedoes. Because weapons are things that people make when they are out in the wild, especially if they access to some wonderful crafting capabilities.

This isn't just a "devs want it that way", more of a "I'm aware of that and it just sounds stupid, it makes no sense".

The build I played didn't have much explanation for it, unless it was in a PDA I didn't find or so I guess.

>And yes, I support the second amendment.
Not him but then you're a moron

No state should allow its people to openly carry weapons. Least of all a nation with 300+ million people.

Ramming stalkers does kill them.

Upon first crafting a survival knife you get this message:
>"Weapons were removed from standard survival blueprints following the massacre on Obraxis Prime. As an essential survival tool for 2.5 million years, the knife remains the only exception. Sorry about that."

The Aurora is a corporate mining/construction vessel, not military.

To be more specific than the other anons' explanations, while it is still vague, weapons have been removed from the "survival mode" blueprints after some sort of incident, wherein it is implied that people were once able to craft weapons using fabricators and someone did so to perform some sort of mass genocide or terrorism iirc.

Aside from the sjw-bullshit of the one guy from the team and aside from the obvious importance of it to the game's atmosphere, I feel that the absence of guns is beneficial because it means that the player has to use less conventional, but more creative, methods of dealing with issues. (On a side-note, the Survival Knife is effective against Stalkers and you could definitely take one on with a knife, maybe two if you're good. Some especially bothersome mobs, like sandsharks who won't get out of the way of something, could also be killed by way of ramming them with a sub.) While the Stasis Rifle and Repulsion Cannon are the obvious late-game non-violent methods of protection, using the Propulsion Cannon to fling rocks, metal scrap, toxic mushrooms, or other stuff could be used as an offensive measure. Crash Fish are especially effective, since they explode on contact with something if launched out of the Propulsion Cannon. This has been made more effective since Crash Eggs were added to the game, essentially allowing the player to farm grenades. I tested it out a bit and it only took two of them to take out a Crabsquid.

Too bad i just played 20 hours of PRAWN update.
I feel like not playing just thinking about scanning all the fragments again.

Honestly, if your standards are this high/specific, you should probably find a hobby other than video games to participate in. There is a huge amount of cases similar to this game, wherein some logic is sacrificed in order to maintain some sort of function in the game (in this case, disallowing guns to keep a tense atmosphere). Along with this, you are evidently an angry/bitter person to some degree since you are looking past an obvious and essential property of the core gameplay as well as the game's given explanation for it to revel in your hatred for the sjw-cunt-type people. Given that a lot of games are competitive or exciting in some way and the somewhat frequently popular cases of vidya-related sjw shenanigans, there's generally going to be a lot of nastiness all around. This could be bad for your health, especially since you already seem to be substantially angry.

And no, I'm not trying to make fun of you in any way. I'm actually kind of concerned.

You're a scientist, not a soldier.
If that's not good enough for you, then you're autistic because the game is fun as fuck without weapons.

>hidded camouflaged alien bases
>they've been watching you this whole time

>Game terrifies me because of deep sea shit
>Just actually added the sea dragon
>buffed it
>Those noises

Im never gonna beat this fuckin game

Sounds like SJW shit to me. The assumption that all weapons lead to massacres no matter what.

Yes, and the Degasi, and the Sunbeam during the game when it comes to pick you up.

>they saw you masturbating in your sub

You just need to explore.
Once you memorize the map the world will feel small, as you will learn where are every monster.

>I will stop when the developers stop ranting over having weapons in a game about hunting shit and defending yourself from shit in the ocean

But they have stopped ranting.

You can do it user, I have the same phobia and I love this game for scaring the shit out of me.

Just take it slow and stay in the shallows most of the time.

Go dump a scientist out in Siberia. Tell me with a straight face he isn't going to make a bow or spear to defend himself from wild animals. Humans only leverage over such things are tools, we lose without them.

>MUH WEAPONS
These threads used to be really comfy. Why the fuck do you anti-sjw retards need to ruin every single one with this garbage.

Are they going to put this guy in the game or what? There's constant conflicting information, they keep flip-flopping about it, and if they're not then why bother making the model in the first place.

So many cool creatures they've made and then dropped because of one dumb reason ro another. The Scarab/Sandworm, the Rock Puncher, now this.

This

>more things to swim 10m over just to attack you while you break rocks for silver

I think the prawn update was too harsh. Or the previous builds were too docile. It's annoying as fuck to get chased down by stalkers and sand sharks when I'm far enough away not to bother them.

Though getting the prawn suit and punching the shit out of all hostile creatures is great. Even the old leviathans didn't stand a chance.

Its the same shit with Killing floor 2. Threads ruined cause some shitposters keep spamming this one post by one dev saying he wont add any bikini clad woman or anything like that. Which is funny cause the next character they added after that wears a fucking dress.

probably because they think it's so important that they can't understand why you would want to talk about anything else untill whatever the problem is has been resolved or something.

There wasn't a benefit to it other than customizing terrain around your base. It's not like there were hidden deposits or anything. Building a base partly underground will still cause auto-forming. The game will remove dirt/rock around the base so there's no clipping issues.

really? who's making this game, Bernie Sanders?

ONLY YOU GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT THIS, PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME IF IT SHITS YOUR DIAPERS THIS MUCH.

I thought it was funny that it was already adjustable, Just you're not allowed to place anything away from the ground.

I've explored every interesting area. All the wrecks and abandoned bases and Aurora and islands. When are they going to add the arctic biome and the passage that goes through the crust of the planet? There's not enough interesting stuff to do. Once you get around 20-30 hours, you've seen it all. Which is not terrible since most AAA games are only 10 hours long.

you sound autistic, because non-soldiers also need weapons to survive in the wild, and non-soldiers would also craft weapons to survive in the wild, you think nature is some kind of playground your autistic fat ass easily gets used to and that every animal gets along?

It all boils down to not having weapons in the game makes no sense whatsoever given there are plenty of hostile creatures that can kill you, and you need to explore and get materials from hostile places, such as teeth from stalkers.

Perhaps he is. I mean not understanding that a gun that can launch boulders is a far more deadly weapon than a primitive gunpowder gun is pretty conclusive evidence.

The fact that you have to gather resources from hostile areas makes it tense/scary, which is intended. In that regard, it makes a lot of sense. There's a reason that the fabricator cannot create weapons. While it is SJW shit, it's a reason nonetheless.

In terms of making an effort outside of using the fabricator to get a weapon, there isn't really a reliable way to do that since there's basically just rocks and other shit that won't do better than the Survival Knife.

>no weapons

Not anyone you've been arguing with but:

-Robot suit that you can punch everything to death with
-Stasis gun that freezes fauna in place and you can run up and slash them to death with your knife
-I haven't weaponized the propulsion rifle yet but I'm sure you can shoot boulders at animals just like the gravity gun in half life
-you can run your reinforced ship into animals and kill them
-lethal and non lethal torpedos
-lure one predator to get killed by another if you swim just right

This isn't a case where there's no defense and no guns. There's just no traditional bullet or laser guns. You're not defenseless.

Because this is the generation where not catering specifically to a belief system or worldview is the same as shitting all over it.

>cubical anti-space cannon
Quake 2 says hi.

By the way, does anyone know the name of the track that plays during intro, when you approach Big Gun and crash?

who cares? ignore gunposters and post base pics

while exploring in your sub listen to various sea shanties

like this
youtube.com/watch?v=Cety5EQ5i8I

really takes the edge off

The repulsion cannon simply punts enemies away. A stalkers-size enemy gets punted like 50m+ away. It will destroy crash fish in their nests, and kill stalkers if it knocks them into anything solid.
The standard propulsion cannon, in addition to throwing objects, can pick up smaller enemies like crawlers and leeches and kill them by throwing them at something solid.

No, it's just taken from early sci-fi books. In them, long-term isolation on some godforsaken planet and weapons tend to result in FFA deathmatches, like in DayZ.
In-game, normal weapons like rifles would make shit very boring. I'd rather have really big single-shot expensive weapons for driving off or killing Leviathans, or some sort of electrified harpoon that'd kill these annoying sandsharks or just make them fuck off for a long time.
It's still weird that a huge vessel with numerous crew won't have any guns. After all, piracy is a thing and Kharaa are out there too.

Think I need to go make one at the cove tree for max comfy

Is this the best fucking game to play while being blazed af?
Where's my DUDE WEED LMAO bros at?

>robot suit
that costs a lot of materials, require another crafting station, to find its blueprint and whatnot, sounds stupid to me and not practical compared to some simplistic harpoon shit
>stasis gun
Again, you need a gun that paralyzes enemies so you can get close and use a knife on them, that sure is practical
>propulsion rifle
Let's say it does work, you still need free boulders to throw at them, whereas some portable gun would be more logical
>ramming
>torpedoes
Needing a vehicle just to kill an animal by that less conventional method again just sounds not so smart in the game's world

You see, all that is just jumping through hoops to do something that another tool could do in a more effective way. That's what a weapon is, it's a tool. If you have this crafting ability to create machines, batteries and all that, it just sounds a tad dumb to imagine you can't create even the most primitive weapon with it, but you have to dance around the whole "kill animals" thing.

Nobody is asking for a nuke-dropping UAV drone or an automatic rifle, just for things to make sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=hM9pa5JQmz0

I quit playing this shit game because resources never respawn

>implying i don't just stop time and stab everything to death

Most of them do respawn now, the ones that don't you can farm. The only thing that isn't farmable or respawnable is coral, which you don't need much of and can be found all over the place.

so what biome does the sea dragon show up in?
Just the lava zones?
My anus needs to be prepared

Buildings need more variety.
Maybe a special tier of structures with more rustic look (like ones in SOMA) that can withstand extreme pressures of sub 4km depths.
Having algae and seaweed grow on your structures (slowly eroding their pressure resistance, necessitating you to repair your base after long absense) would be a nice touch, too.

Same, played before the prawn update but the thought of finding all those fragments, building a new base etc don't tempt me at this point

I'm hoping they keep supporting the game with new content post-release. I would be willing to pay for dlc as long as it's not horse armor tier. Proper size expansion packs would be the best.

Devs gotta pick p the pace.

I picked this game up and loved it to death. But i need the central plot to get rolling asap.

Let the player have an underwater rifle with limited non-replenishable ammo that aggros every stalker/boneshark/sandshark in the area.
That's why people don't abuse shotguns in CDDA early on. Let it be an emergency weapon.

Rip off Unreal's rifle perhaps.

we all know where the prime real estate is

The first thing I did upon getting the exosuit was punch the fuck out of the crabsquid population. I am unstoppable you wet faggots.

Yeah, or at least release mod tools.
I don't know shit about texturing, but I am sure I can find textures for deep sea modules for free.

Does their new EMP blast shut down the PRAWN now though?

I recently started a new game after this update. I was in the process of gathering materials to build my cyclops on my previous game but decided to restart since it said I wont get all the new areas plus I was getting that infinite load glitch. I'm debating just using console commands to get some of the blueprints I already had in my previous game. I want to get back to exploring some of the deeper areas.

nice strawman

Perhaps we should have a player that can build gigantic, extremely technologically advanced submarines but a simplistic harpoon weapon that only works against the shittiest animals cannot be crafted by any means. Oh wait we already have that

The two lava biomes. All of the leviathans have their specific types of biomes they spawn in.

They can also spawn out in the void off the map, along with Reapers, Crabsquids, and other killers.

Do real-life survival kits that are offered to people (outside the military) usually include guns?

I can get why I'd want a KS-23 in case of a bear, but I can also see why including a firearm in a kit presumabely used by someone with no training and in a stressful, desperate situation may lead to accidents.

>They can also spawn out in the void off the map, along with Reapers, Crabsquids, and other killers.
Did this finally get added in? How far do you have to go to get them to spawn? I'm too freaked out by the void to check.

I'd assume, giving how shitty things are, they'd feel that an isolated ship full of guns would lead to a mutiny.

Dead miners is viewed as preferrable to angry miners taking over a ship

yeah you can make a knife or come up with more creative ways to kill things in the game.

I killed something but throwing a floater at it, and got some food by taking some metal, luring stalkers to it, and stealing the bodies and metal while they fought

>WHY DOESN'T EVERY VIDEO GAME EVER MADE HAVE GUNS!? WASHINGTON MADE IT A GOD-GIVEN RIGHT FOR ME TO HAVE GUNS ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE, STOP TAKING AWAY MY FREEDOMS!!

Jesus fuck, does everything terrify you that badly? How about machine guns in Super Mario? The Sims would be much more realistic if everyone was armed. Olimar don't need no fucking Pikmin, he got bang-bangs! Final Fantasy: The Second Amendment! Pokemon BANG!

Being in the Bill of Rights doesn't mean it needs to be forced into everything and anything. You've got plenty of shit to kill things with anyway, use them or get creative or just PLAY THE GODDAMNED GAME LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE YOU DO WITH OTHER GAMES WITHOUT GUNS.

Yeah, fuck this game.

>boulders

you realize you can throw anything?

I have an aquarium full of fish and I just launch them like projectiles

Who the fuck cares? If you want to kill monsters go play another game

>one guy of several says one thing, it makes me so angry I declare to the world I hate something

Living a life of constant anger and pissiness must be fun.

It's a game, a pixel gun less won't make the world a better place.

I agree with noguns for gameplay reasons, but this is horseshit.
Tell me my nigga, are you going to sit with Kharaa and negotiate?

I already proposed the electrified harpoon. People just want more traditional guns.

It won't make the game better, either.

Not full of guns, just a few for the shitcurity crew and officers.
Makes a good reward for breaking into Aurora.

This is a mining ship that was meant to build a spacegate. Why would it have military weapons in the first place, and would any of them even work underwater?

do those survival kits also allow you to build giant vehicles? The comparison isn't that good
Because mario doesn't need weapons retard, he kills enemies by jumping at them, if you played the games you would know.

There's a huge difference between making a game where weapons don't fit in the context, you want a game without guns/weapons, and this applies to many Frictional Games' titles and Alien: Isolation to a certain extent, and a game where it just sounds like you're bending logic to avoid having any sort of guns, which is clearly the case here. You don't even need a gun at first, an underwater spear that can drive some animals away after some poking would begin to make some sense.

>people
Define a "traditional" gun, people want a revolver underwater? Because that's clearly not what I was talking about. But I do think some people think it simply makes no sense for Subnautica to give you such amazing technology that only applies to certain things when your life is at risk. Perhaps many of those complaints are by people who can't really elaborate further to why Subnautica feels retarded for not having guns, whereas some indie walking simulator does not.

>this game about crash landing your space ship in waterworld and 3D printing air-tight underwater bases out of clumbs of debris you find on the seabed isn't realistic enough! You would have guns in a place like this!

it's not real you muppet

>tfw going below 100m

Whispy fog effects with the brine river when jumping/swimming into it when? I really really want that to be a thing.

>Define a "traditional" gun
Assault rifle. Steam forum is flooded with whiny retards frothing at the mouth because they can't shoot shit up with an M16.

All the shit you have to play with and you still bitch and whine about wanting a Glock to go Compton on Reapers with.

The survival kit in the game doesn't include the blueprints for giant vehicles, those have to be found and scanned from wreckage.

>make base in Plateaus near the wreck
>sandsharks roar 24/7
>get fed up, relocate
>it's boneshark country
Can't get a fucking break. These are genuinely scary.

Seriously at this point I'm convinced that we should stop making Subnautica threads at this point

With the high concentration of blithering retards here completely missing the obvious points regarding the game's controversy, which they tenaciously shitpost about (in turn causes anons to post about it in response, and basically derailing the thread and making everything go in fucking circles), it's impossible to talk about or appreciate the game's positive qualities.

Basically, we should all just lay off the threads, let it be kind of our own thing that we enjoy ourselves, and forget that we have to share the planet with easily-triggered retards such that we could possibly just have one brief moment of bliss

I'd imagine they'd be largely useless since underwater, I'd assume that security would have a larger set of non-lethal weapons and tools, which would be more useful.

"do those survival kits also allow you to build giant vehicles? The comparison isn't that good"

No, but these survival kits aren't from 500 years in the future, for the use by colonists or space personnel who may be stranded on a planet for years.

You're told that the fabricator is part of the survival kit given to you, and thats its purpose (according to the contract) is ONLY to fabricate pre-approved blueprints for survival, which Alterra will bill you the materials for later.

With that in mind, Alterra is describedf as being part of an extremely corrupt and corporate society, one that regularly abuses and exploits its workers. There is no way in hell they are going to allow for fabricators to become the source of rebellion by workers making tons of weapons.

This Survival kit is also made mostly for environments that may be habitable, but its evidently rare that there are planets that have robust life on them that you can crash into.

While your PDA has corrupt data, it doesn't have a lot starting off with. You get the absolute minimum and need to use the scanner to reverse-engineer the rest, including those "giant vehicles."

also despite being underwater, you're not in Space Australia. The vast majority of life isn't out to get you, and most of the hostile creatures are territorial rather than predatory to you

>americans throwing a tantrum because no guns :(
wew laddie

True, but you can still build the vehicle building things with drones, also the portable thing that makes you swim faster, those things are far more technologically advanced than a simple contraption that shoots metal rods. it's not even SJW/gun grabbing, it's how this makes no sense.

There are retards for everything, but ever wondered why people complain why there aren't guns in Subnautica, while many indie games don't get the same requests? Or at least nowhere as much. Perhaps it's the game and not the people?

someone needs a safe space

>someone needs a safe space

As if this constant thread-derailing is a good thing?

>Lilypad Islands biome in the works
>Twisty Bridges biome in the works
>Arctic biome on the table

I'm hoping we get some biomes like a Great Barrier Reef where it's one long massive wall of corals filled with nooks and crannies and colorful creatures, an abyssal depths biome where there's hardly anything but sand and rocks and some small pockets of tube worms and other life together and an occasionall large predator, and the Infinite Tree biome they have concept art for.

desu the sea dragon leviathan looks terrible and shoots fire underwater, are they retarded?

>Early Access Game
Get instant access and start playing; get inv

Is release happining any time soon? Should I wait? I'm interested but the EA turns me off.

>Cred Forums

It's not that there are no guns, it's the reasoning behind the one developer.
Style and tone choice for the game is fine and no one had a problem with it until the guy made it political. That set off a bomb of reaction.

>an abyssal depths biome where there's hardly anything but sand and rocks and some small pockets of tube worms and other life together and an occasionall large predator

Was cool in SOMA

Funny how they didn't care that there were no guns until one dev out of several made that post, then their minds snapped and all they can do anymore is rage and complain about there not being guns.

I'll just wait till it gets a gorillion mods so I actually have something to do

I would like to know that too
I always lurks the threads because the game seems very interesting and has nice graphics and good ideas, but I'm holding from buying it until it has been released. Too many times I've been burned through an incomplete game and then lost the drive to enjoy the updates to the fullest extent.

That part was fucking terrifying and I'm not even that afraid of water. Fucking anglerfish.

Both the vehicle bay and the seaglide require scavenging fragments, they're not included in the basic kit.

The protag lives in a future where hand tools don't really exist and everything is built by nanomachines. Without the blueprints for a gun or harpoon it would be very difficult to craft one by hand with just a knife.
It's true he could possibly craft a crude spear with just a knife and found material, but does it really matter in the context of the game?

I hope the devs never stop updating it

I'm pretty sure the actual response has gone away already and now it's shitposting to rile up the conversation again, and people still take the bait.

I'm one that disliked it for the dev's shitty reasoning, but I'm past that now and am enjoying the game because I love the ocean.
Though not going IN the ocean. I can't handle open water.

>Fireballs
lol what the fuck

same, some fish bit my leg hard last year and now I'm actually scared of ever going in again

>still no giant bobbit worms

but what's the problem? it's their game
besides i feel a lot smaller when i don't have a minigun to slaughter everything

Release is planned for January. The devs are quite good about updating and keeping their dates so I'm confident it won't get delayed. There's of course going to be at least a few updates post-release, but that's when it will officially leave early access.

If you're on the fence there's no harm in waiting for the full release, as the game is most enjoyable on your first playthrough, and the story isn't full complete yet. If you buy it before release you get the kawaii fish pet though.

It's an alien planet with alien creatures, plus it's a video game. In rela life people can't wall-jump like Samus and Mega Man X can.

It still looks retarded

It's still stupid and doesn't fit the game at all.
There's way to give the fish "abilities" without them being fucking super powers like teleporting and underwater fireballs

Doesn't need to be some big fuck everything and everyone that ever lived sort of weapon. People were mad the guy made it political, and they started arguing about not a single actual weapon other than the knife being available. It's changed a bit from then as we now have gas torpedoes and propelling guns that let you slam a fish into rocks at mach 2.

The problem is it got politicized, and it grew from that. The point of the game is to be small but capable of surviving by making your impenetrable vehicles and bases. The reasoning from the guy made it trivial and just some personal opinion based on political shit that happened.

the sea dragon houses glands that produce a napalm-like substance that it can roll into balls with its tongue then ignite and propel it at threats.

dev seem pretty okay and caring for the game, and I wouldn't even mind if they would get some extra months of work before full release. If they don't fuck up in the meantime I'll snatch it just before the release so I can have that qt blob

if you call that normal fish
where the fuck do you live

>and doesn't fit the game at all

I love this mindset from people who have nothing to do with making something. It's a game set hundreds of years in the future with warp technology, stargates, nanomachines crafting giant submarines, and alien worlds filled with ginormous freaky beasts, yet something breathing fire "doesn't fit".

How big is the Sea Dragon Leviathan? It doesn't seem very big in the video.

More biomes are always welcome, the map is kinda small right now I hope they can expand it. However the first priority is the fix the graphic issue first, the stuttering is too crazy for my 780 to handle. I am not even using highest setting.

There's a theme of genetic modification and ayy lmaos in the game. Not all the creatures are products of natural selection.

This big.

most of it can be hand waved with some bullshit like aliens glands and bio-engineering

except warpers, but hey ayyyyyy

Subnautica is everything No Mans Sky wanted to be.

Warpers were created by the Precursors as guardians and gatherers, using their teleportation powers to move between areas and return with their catches quickly.

If only they added more planets to subnautica

its more their ability that i cant quite figure out a headcannon hand wave for. like, teleporting you outside of your subs just shouldn't be possible. psionic powers are stretching it even for me thank god its vidya

If you've ever wondered where all the other survivors went, the precursors turned a good chunk of them into warpers.

I'm completely out of money

1) Can I pirate and transfer my save later when I get some money?

2) Are there any cracks out for the new update yet?

This is all well and good, but alien dolphin/whales when?

the reefbacks are basically whales

pls respond

>kawaii fish pet
>will follow the player chirp, cuddle and high five

I didn't even know this was a thing but based as fuck. Can't wait for them to implement the lil guy

now were talkin.

was getting tired of this cartoon dragon shit which imo they still should redesign

this, miasmata, and morrowind are my go to

Haven't played since July, do I have to start a new game with all these updates or is my save okay?

Those three bigger creatures all look alike

The depths give me horrible anxiety when I'm stoned I just end up trying to think of ways to expand my base instead of exploring.

The reaper really doesn't aside from it being long. The top two ones though are annoying similar.

where's the craaack

its almost like its the same thing in a different stage of life.

Is this hinted at anywhere in PDAs or something?

base building is boring and gay

yeah, i found that one in my ass. sorry, no im just guessing

no its just fucking obvious cause they have the exact same body parts

I was having a ton of fun until I built a medkit dispenser inside my cyclops and the resultant medkit clipped through its geometry and glitched it the fuck out. Now it can't move.

Is this fixed yet? I filed bug reports.

The fire holes are missing, the face is different and the emperor has crab claws.

They're not the same creature, they likely had a common ancestor and evolved differently in different areas. The Sea Dragon is adapted to the laval zones, the Emperor likely inhabited either the surface or a colder biome before it was captured and taken to the Emperor Facility.

When loading you can upgrade your save which converts it to the current update. If you had stuff in an area that received an overhaul it might disappear. The only problem I've encountered with upgraded saves is I can't get crash eggs, only the powder so i console it in.

cause theyre advanced aliens and have weird genetic tech obv. ez. read from a mile away.

thats honestly the more likely scenario. but considering bio-engineering happens it might actualy be one species, but the bigger one was tampered with by the precursors or whatever and is uniqe

why would you use tech to turn webbed hands into crab claws, seems like a step back

I hope you're a Euro-Fag because I don't want you or the family that produced you in my country.

your primitive human mind couldn't possibly comprehend their motives

They didn't engineer the Leviathans, they discovered that the Emperor produced enzymes that countered the disease that's infected the planet and elsewhere. They were keeping the Empress and her eggs to harvest the enzymes. The only engineered critters are the Warpers.

>the disease

did i miss some PDAs or is that asspull?

Can I play as a girl already?

No, really, game with underwater gameplay and you cant play as female?

Nope, the entire planet is covered with a bacterium that the Precursors were trying to cure. It's the reason the Aurora and Degasi were shot down.

space ship shooting bacteria... damn..

neat. i just figured they were dicks trying to get tech to go off world

>why people complain why there aren't guns in Subnautica, while many indie games don't get the same requests?
Because they have guns? Shitty guns that add nothing to the game and are mechanically the same as Q3's minigun?

>Perhaps it's the game and not the people?
Jesus you are dense. Developers pandering to a vocal minority is what killed a lot of indie games.

>"people" asked for unified resources in FtD
>dev did just that
>campaign became pointless grind

>"people" asked for planets in Spengies
>KEEN wastes a whole year on planets
>they are predictably dull memory hogs

>"people" asked for 3d in SPAZ 2
>3d is useless at best, counterproductive at worst

>"people" ask for fleet mission system in SotS2
>game is still an unplayable mess because fleet mission idea is idiotic and obstructive

See a trend? And every time, the idea turns out to be supported only by a small subset of forum posters.

>two(2) hours later

>go through the tunnel
>LED light at the end of the tunnel
>go to it
I WASN'T A LED LIGHT

Subnautica needs an abyssal plain and different vision mechanics. I want to shit my pants every time I go outside the seabase 4500m below the surface to clean the gunk off the thermal generator and repair it in total darkness.
Are there any plans by the devs for super-deep biomes that don't involve aliens?
Hell, I'd pay for a expansion pack that adds special subs, equipment and buildings for cyclops-crushing depths.

Had a great respect for this game and the devs but, removing the terraformer on both PC and Xbox just because the shitty xbone can't handle it? Now, they're on my shitlist. Console limitations is not a reason to remove a function on the primary platform.

Built a nice little base above on top on an arch near the end of the kelp forests which is really close to mountain island going to add a moonpool and main room when I get the blueprints.

pretty sure it didn't matter how powerful your PC was, the terraforming was causing framerate dips regardless

removal of voxel terrain will reduce popin. only good can come of its removal

>They never said it would be in, they have never indicated they want it in, they have never hinted that it might even be possible.

Bullshit. Originally they wanted to add multi into it, but removed due to complications.

That's a recent addition, correct?
I heard that monsters can become randomly infected and if they attack you then you are too.

The creature itself is fine, the fireballs look idiotic underwater. It's like a kid made a weapon for gmod.
I'd rather have it spit corrosive liquid or poison, like those fartbombing manatees.
Or have some sort of sonic weapon, like Gyaos, or even 60s style "radiation" beam.

It looks like shit tho.
Watch videos with magnesium burning underwater, it looks completely different and way better.
I hope devs will add water bubbles, ramp up the brightness and make the fire white, assuming they'll go with fire.

I thought the fireballs were just it spitting lava

i agree, it kinda looks bad but its also the first public release of it on a stable branch and could be improved. i was just giving a(flimsy) why

>bacterium
Kharaa, right?

>reach Sunbeam's wreckage
>hear skulks' sounds

first that i was aware of*

>no HTC vive yet

WEW LADDDDD

It used to be so in dev-versions, but this update changed the effect.

I've been wandering around the ILZ Chamber and the lava falls for about half an hour and can't find any kyanite, isn't it supposed to be there?

It was never used and increased loadtimes and pop-ins massively even on good rigs.

I'm pretty happy it's gone.

Guys pls.

I never had a problem. The only consistant problems I've heard of were on the xbone.

Get a better PC. Again, never had a problem.

The devs already stated the #1 problems they came across was with the xbone. You don't remove features because of console limitations on a secondary platform and don't give me, "It aint fair". Terraria didnt care about that it's not possible to have equal products across systems. If the real problem was the story issues, then dump it in the creative mode or console command only and leave it there. Don't pull it because xbone is a piece of shit.

>"works for meâ„¢ :^)"

no Dragon either

>Originally they wanted to add multi into it
>wanted
That is different from "will be", as the user you are replying to pointed out, you down syndrome faggot.

>The only consistant problems I've heard of were on the xbone.

You are wrong about this and it invalidates everything else you write. Your opinion is shitty and so are you. Fuck off.

So you never used it but, it somehow magically caused lag? Sounds like you're just regurgitating lies and never expirenced anything with it.

>Get a better PC

I have a 970 with an SSD and I still experience absurd pop-ins and massive start load-times. From a performance/gameplay perspective it's better of gone

>"dude just a 970 lmao i'm running 2 980 tis xD"

(You)

you mouthbreathihng fucking moron.

kill yourself.

>implying they aren't planning to add it in the future...

Buzz off.

Oh fuck right off marketers. If you magically had that much of a problem with it, don't use it. There's no reason to pull it from Creative or console commands. At least it's PC so someone will dump it back in.

>they have never indicated they want it in, they have never hinted that it might even be possible.
Confirmed for spouting made up bullshit. Here's a direct quote from the devs.

>Adding multiplayer support to Subnautica is something we would love to do.
>In fact, the game was originally conceived of as a co-op experience.
>However, as we started to develop the game, we skipped multiplayer to be able to release the game faster

I'd really prefer it to have a gush of fire for its spread attack and then a charge up fireball for long range.
That would be terrifying in all circumstances.

It does. All voxel manipulation (terraforming, digging sand) inflates the save file, leading to humongous loading times.
Voxel terrain itself is going to be replaced with static map too, that will improve performance much more.

>It's better off gone

Is it really? No, it's not. Again, like that user said, you could just dump in spawn mode only. They didn't even remove it correctly anyway since the blueprints still spawn.

If they don't want the player on top they need to remove the stasis gun, knife damage, electroshock, and the ability to punch shit to death with the prawn.

A basic harpoon would do shit to leviathans, it would just make the bonesharks, sandsharks, and crab squids less annoying.

You can't "not use" voxel terrain. Terraformer and digging are just the parts that can be removed quickly.

you seem to misunderstand why the terraformer was removed. digging terrain caused the save file to bloat. voxel terrain is being completely removed and will be converted to a static map to reduce the popin issues.

even if it was put back into the game it would not function due to being changed to a static map.

>every.single.day.

It's better off gone, It was left over from an earlier version of the game with less scope and vision.

Be glad they got away from the "procedurally generated" meme that made No Mans Sky and Elite such huge fuckups.

fire underwater shouldn't look like fire above water

Voxel terrain is to be soon replaced with polygonal terrain. So why have terraformer again?

That's an overall problem with the games coding, that's not going magically fix everything. This game has had terraforming since day 1 over 5 years ago. Suddenly, this is a problem? Half the fun was manipulating the area.

There are five distinct statements in your post and not a single one is true. Fuck off.

It wouldn't be hard to say that it's vomiting up a magnesium based concoction.

>Static map

That's even worse. I didn't even know they were going that far.

The game started like 6 years ago. That meme didn't even exist yet.

Is the emperor planned to be aggressive?

Voxel terrain is a problem with terrain. This was always a problem, devs probably hoped for some voxel breakthrough that never came.

>scrapping voxel terrain fixes voxel-caused lags
>magically
Spotted the Hillary voter.

Nope

the only issues with a static map i can see are trying to plan out a cave base and not running into walls and shit. however being able to see shit from further away is way better than being able to dig a hole you will only dump some shit you will never use in or to sequence break.

>Suddenly, this is a problem?
No, not suddenly. Every version of the game has pop-in issues. And not just the "your computer is bad" kind where you can see vegetation appearing like posters in these threads pretend is the only type of pop-in to exist, but the kind where a stalker can disappear from existence and then pop back into being and wreck your shit at any moment. No amount of computer power will fix issues like these because it's not a computer performance issue, it's an engine issue.

Just because they've only (somewhat) recently discovered what's causing the issue doesn't mean that the issue is sudden.

It's not enough to say, they have to remake the effect(s).
It looks stupid, it has potential to not look stupid.
youtube.com/watch?v=IXAysiwhlho

Kid, procedural generation meme was started by Spore.

>get cute fish pet
>having a good time
>mfw I accidentally splatter him on my seamoth's window when coming back to base at night

I'd rather not get attached

keep him in a tank with a reggie harem, thats what im gonna do.

He's exaggerating but, it has been there since early on over 2 years ago and many are upset to see it gone. It removes a lot of fun that could be had in the creative mode.

>Hillary voter

Really? Legitiment complaints get the lowest form of shitposting?

>ignoring the substance of the post because of one single offhand comment

>all weapons lead to massacres no matter what.
Except the knife
#notallweapons

I think most people don't give 2 fucks about the story. They just want to play around in a survival ocean sandbox. If I could, I'd pull that stupid lazer gun off that island. Screw the story.

If ud like a serious reply shitposter, that's the devs problem. Perhaps they should have built a better engine.

Your a idiot.

My nigga, it's even better with the grappling hook. You just hang on to these faggots while punching them to death

>Was lost in the lava zones last time I quit
>Too afraid to reload into sea dragon territory
>Cba to start over
Guess i'll wait till there's enough new shit to convince me to scan all those fragments again.

So they removed the terraformer and are adding static land? They're gonna have to completely redesign several enemies. This sucks. I never did it in the main game save but, it was great in the creator.

It's the old Crash Fish, removed for looking too cute.
New crash fish looks cute too, though.

well, once the map is converted to static hopefully you can play around in a survival ocean sandbox AND not have to deal with extremely visible popin.

wont know how it changes things till it goes live.

I'd live with the popin to rip up the map. It's gonna be funny when it goes live and fixes nothing.

>I think most people don't give 2 fucks about the story.
I don't really care about the story, but I care that it's in the game if that makes sense.
The story acts as a good way to get you to progress through the tech.
>Find story related stuff, it points you towards more story related stuff, you need a better suit/tank/sub/whatever to get to it.

Also the ship exploding a few days after splashdown was amazing. I was expecting that to be a "go fix this whenever you feel like it" quest.

>legitiment complaintiffs
Is this what you call your drivel? I am not sure you played the game at all. I've been trying to get the point through your thick skull, but you keep being retarded.

>He bought VR in its infancy

WEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW LAD

that would be some shit yeah. and really, you used the teraformer that often? i never had a legitimate use for the thing so i dont miss it at all.

People would rather live with the popin to be able to build a giant stone tower. It's really not that hard to understand.

>reddit
>not wanting gun control

This thread just gave me cancer.

People on here are DEFENDING SJW SHIT?
after gamergate?

You guys are ridiculously new

Cred Forums has always been full of reddit.

This.
I love this game, but I don't want to spoil anymore of it for myself until it's finished.

Can't wait for the base defense update.

Here you go.

I don't know what made people ever think Cred Forums was their safe space.

Loved creative mode with it. You could build anything really. You could make some really crazy basses. Only used it sparringly in the main game to build a few things into rocks because I knew it had issues. That being said, going from voxel to static sucks.

i guess, i never really got a minecraft vibe from this game.

It's pretty obvious these are safe space threads. Whether it's troll complaints like sjw devs or an entire function of the game removed, it's the same stupid replies.

I wish they would give you a mode with all the features turned on, but everything cost less to craft.

All the alternate game modes besides creative seem like stuff nobody asked for.

I was more partial to Terraria myself. I did enjoy ripping up the floating Island and turning it into a lake system with a city on it tho. Also, destroyed the kelp forest, built a giant reef and put a huge city down there. The saves stopped working eventually but, I didn't care. It's creative mode.

GTX 980 + i7 4790 + 16 GB ram isn't enough ? Because i had problems too. Fuck you faggot.

Don't use the terraformer in the main game. It wasn't a hard warning to follow.

I'd love to see some weird Natural Selection stuff pop up in Subnautica at some point. Sinister infection/creep in random deep parts of the map sounds fun.

Is this game an elaborate joke to waste my time?
Really, 3 minute load screen then a crash?

wonder if static map will make it so fuckin wrecks stop showing up halfway inside of my shallows bases.

>I dream of a world we are not at the top of the food chain

This person should be locked up. They are clearly mentally and a menace to the human race.

Anyone stupid enough to want humanity to be more vulnerable to predators of any kind should be executed. They are detriment to our species and serve no purpose in the evolutionary chain. The less of them that taint the gene pool, the better.

>Leviathan shoots fire at you instead of lunging at you and eating you or whipping you with its tail
>shooting fire
>underwater
at least put some realism

That's a bummer, after playing 48 hours over the last two weeks I've seen all it has to offer and I don't want to come back for a few creatures.

Early access. Latest patch crashed on me to.

The load time is long because the world is huge and it loads the entire world. No loading screens or lag once everything is loaded though.

didn't take a picture of the island lake base did you? sounds pretty cool.

Holy shit, when are we getting that? Is that what the warning about a "large energy signature detected" was about when I approached the island for the first time?

>or lag once everything is loaded though
did you play the same game as me?

I wish there were more lighting options that don't use batteries and I want more verticality in base building, right now the connector+ladder system kinda sucks

Always said I was finished but, then I always wanted to add more. I got greedy and the save broke. Oh well.

Havent played in a few patches, but the only time I got lag was when I built a base miles out into the abyss by abusing teraforming. I figured removing teraforming would make things better.

>I wish there were more lighting options
Did you find the spotlight/floodlight blueprints yet?
Pretty sure they run off base power.

I'm gonna miss the Terraformer. I was never stupid enough to use it in the main game tho.

Use of the word reddit in this thread: 3
Poor form

I found spotlight, floodlight and light stick. I wish the last two ran off base power, only the spotlight does. I tried to put a lot of them around my base but they suck too much power

I'm starting to think the people who complained about lag and popin, used the Terraformer constantly and then complained when the game broke. Dumb.

I'm getting lag and pop-in all the time when I go fast in the seamoth, especially around the mushroom forest and when going from one biome to another

You know what would fix everything?
A wireless charger on the outside of your base, that slowly recharges everything around it.

Just because you didn't have any problems doesn't mean that the game is flawless and anyone who says they had problems is either lying or did something abnormal to break the game. That's not how games, computers, or anything works.

Hence, sarcastic posts like

I played the June/July patches and used the terraformer once or twice to see what it did. I had horrible stuttering for about 3 seconds for every 200-300m I went, wherever I was going. I was under the assumption that that happened to everyone because of the voxel terrain.

I never had that problem until 2 patches ago. Before then, it was only the Terraformer that would cause an issue. I think they've piled too much shit onto their engine trying to create a narrative.

No, shitposter. That's not how that works. The devs warned constantly about the terraformer and on top of that, the consensus is the game runs well. PC is PC, there will always be problems across certain builds. Gimping the gameplay for something that MIGHT work is stupid.

>gang of sand sharks is slowly taking over my shallows
send help

>terraforming is gameplay

not really

It is. So is voxel design.

It still does all of that

>The devs warned constantly about the terraformer
I'm aware of this. I'm not saying that using the terraformer won't fuck the game, I'm saying that
>I'm starting to think the people who complained about lag and popin, used the Terraformer
is retarded, because the game can be fucked even for people who didn't use the terraformer. Just because it didn't happen for you doesn't mean it never happens.

>ZOMG WHY DOES EVERYONE TALK ABOUT GUNS IN THIS GAME I SAW A SECURITY GUARD'S GUN ONCE IN MY GATED COMMUNITY AND IT MADE ME EXTREMELY UNCOMFORTABLE

At this point the anti-gun fags have become more obnoxious than the new players asking legitimately and those just shit stirring.

>play to the point where I go 3 hours of exploring around without discovering anything new
>wonder if I've found everything
>decide to be a filthy cheater and look at a wiki
>have every blueprint
>found every biome type
The only thing left for me is to wait for it to become a complete game or wait for my early onset alzheimers to take my memories of the game away and play it fresh.

Literally nobody in this thread against having guns in the game made any sort of argument about guns making them uncomfortable. In fact the main arguments for noguns is that guns would trivialize some aspects of the gameplay, and detract from the spooky atmosphere.

>Entrance of inactive lava zone used to be right in front of aurora
>Now just the void is there

What the fuck happened?

everyone knows this, he's just shitposting. Don't respond.

it was moved. IDK where.

I found it, it's slightly left of where it used to be. Not directly in front of aurora any more.

>built a base in the reef
>it's surrounded by crabsquids
I fucked up big time

Seriously, isn't the game on gog? Why isn't there a crack yet?

Is the game worth 20 bucks? Been on the fence about it for a little while now.

I avoid early access but this one's pretty good. It's worth it but I still wish I had waited until full release

>scared of deep sea
>also scared of big ass constructions/buildings
>tfw surfacing and seeing the big ass Aurora wreckage still burning

It goes down to around $10 in sales, but I'd say $20 is worth it. Maybe starting to push it a little, but maybe that's just me.

>Built a base next to the ghost tree
>Going to find out what it's surrounded boy

Wew boy

>It's worth it but I still wish I had waited until full release
Same. Finding unfinished zones was kind of disappointing. It's also kinda shit having "completed" the bulk of the game when there's still a bunch of minor features they're adding in. Now all I can do is hope that they have enough of those minor features planned that it makes the game worth playing again if/when 1.0 hits.

jesus christ these sneaky fuckers

>saw some guy in a thread say that a giant sea monster was living near the wreckage
>every time I surface I wonder if I got too close to it
>it's so fucking huge that I can't even tell if I'm any closer or further from it
>live in constant fear of a sea monster
>or brave the depths and build a base far away from it
constant fear it is

Did they add anything new except for the biome and few creatures?

I want my prawn arm attachements.

>played once February,
>only long enough to get a Seamoth and moon pool and explore a bit
>set the game aside, know what I have here is a fine meal I don't want to be spoiled on before it's done

I'm very hype, but have they been pushino back the release date? A while ago it was october, then December, now January? I'm waiting till release to sink my teeth in, but not sure how much longer I can wait.

Also, something that wasn't clear to me about the Aurora. Does the explosion fucking up my chances of exploring it? Should I get in there before hand? It wasn't clear what I should do about it back when I played.

Couldn't figure out if it was just perspective or not but this Warper looked to be bigger than my fucking sub

bump

Prawn arm attachments have been in game. Only thing added this patch looks to be creatures and the deep grand reef base

That's a good idea, and I wish I had done the same.

Every early access game I've played either keeps pushing back release (sometimes for years, like Starbound), or it """releases""" early just for the sake of calling itself 1.0, even when it still has content that still needs to be added, like Kerbal Space Program.

The cyclops has weird view model when you're using the cameras. If you go to the surface while using the cameras you'll notice the view model appears to be above water even when your sub is below the water.

the explosion is actualy your sign that you CAN go explore it.

>No ghost rays

>No lag once the game starts

I fucking wish.

It does all of that as well.
As for the fire, its actually magma.

I don't recall any lag when I played back in May.
Did they manage to fuck up performance since?

One of the few early access games that actually produces consistent updates

Wait for it to go on sale for 10. I guarantee it'll be down that low during christmas

Just wish they'd fix how the game performs, not having a two-minute loading screen, constant lag, and objects not appearing properly.

The mushroom forest is the worst offender at that last one.

Do I need to make a new save file for this patch? I finally got a cyclopes and a base and I really dont want to drop it all for some teleporting crabs

d-did they finally add something that can damage the cyclopes? is it no longer an invincible base?

Lots of people have been having problems the last few patches apparently.

While yes its worth 20 in my opinion, it goes on sale often enough you should probably just wait anyways.

It was $12 during the summer sale. I doubt they'll go lower than that.

They're planning to, they just haven't gotten to it yet. Replacing the whole terrain system is a pretty big task I imagine.

Are you running the game on an HDD or SSD? Because it only takes about 20 seconds on my SSD.