Make Battlefield 1 Fun in as few changes as possible

Make Battlefield 1 Fun in as few changes as possible

Other urls found in this thread:

battlelog.co/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Completely rework the physics engine.
Get rid of the WWI setting, it's not interesting.

>Rifleman class
>Instant respawn on spawn or on squad leaders
>Free Battlefield version but only allow these users to play the rifleman class
>other classes take time to spawn in

Now you can wave after wave of disposable troops getting mowed down by entrenched positions.

Metro 1918

>close game
>play bad company 2 instead

Make it an actual WW1 shooter, and not some badly rehashed Battlefield 3 clone.

make it a fantasy game

And if they really wanted to be useful, they'd let people who do buy the game play as riflemen in the DLC maps (because we just know they're going to fragment the community by releasing a million DLC maps) like in RO2.

>>Rifleman class
It's called Scout, you disgusting ROfag

>Make it an actual WW1 shooter, and not some badly rehashed Battlefield 3 clone.
I love this meme.
It's nothing at all like Battlefield 3 aside from the gameplay, which is to be expected seeing as it is a fucking Battlefield game.

He said make the game fun.
There's no way to make a fun WWI shooter.

Make everyone a cute loli

They did, it was awesome

bhop
air strafe

Delete automatic rifles.

Remove Googles from the British and German armies.

kill yourself you meming retard
>hurr trench warfare isnt fun
yeah, and our modern combat involved sitting in a desert 95% of the time but that doesnt stop people from making games about the combat

>riflemen
>snipers
>early tanks
>artillary and gas
>machine guns

a good RO style WW1 game would tear your asshole apart. Just make it about the Somme or a big battle

>most of the weapons are bolt action
That's all it needs to not be fun.

WWII will always be absolutely more interesting and better for games.
WWI is a bore.

>it's nothing like battlefield except the fact it's totally battlefield
Oh wow.
But yeah, apart the fact the game lost some depth by vehicles not existing because muh history and a poor rekin with niggers, it's totally battlefield.

See Stalingrad on 1942? Use that as a main inspiration. WW1 isn't running around on an open map, it's brutal clusterfuck with only one front.

>Googles

I think you meant Googles

Wtf

Googles

n i g g e r s

nice argument junior

Stop being an arcade piece of shitfest and make it ultra realistic

>inb4 hurr durr reality isn't fun

It really REALLY wasn't though

But it's already fun

Yeah it's not as if most of the rifles used in that war were bolt-action or anything, you fucking retard.

And that's why a WWI game wouldn't be fun.

Maps 50% smaller
Bullets 50% more powerful

Easy.

>prove me wrong faggots

Realism isn't a meaningful argument.

lmao did they really filter nigger(n igger)? we've gone beyond neo Cred Forums into neo Cred Forums. holy shit

go full retard and add ww2 in expansions

go full retard and add colonial type warfare with a fuckload of cavalry and bayo charges pre 1900's

Then go for broke and do alt history scifi 19xx nazi wolfenstien type expansion/stand alone game or something fucking interesting like 2143 but cod and bf4 flopping made damn sure thats not happening for a long time.

As it stands now BF1 is fine if a little safe and samey but nowhere near as bad as battlefront bf3 or bc1

its somewhere between 1943 and bf1942 as its dumbed down but alot more complex than BF4

>Delete automatic rifles.
Fuck off.

>Remove Googles from the British and German armies.
Nope.

>apart the fact the game lost some depth by vehicles not existing
What are you on about? Every single vehicle in the game existed in real life.
Stop being a faggot who thinks WW1 was some kind of primitive war where soldiers used muskets.

>See Stalingrad on 1942? Use that as a main inspiration. WW1 isn't running around on an open map, it's brutal clusterfuck with only one front.
You're a retard if you think WW1 was only trench combat.

>Stop being an arcade piece of shitfest and make it ultra realistic
Go play Red Orchestra.
Being "arcade" and fast paced is what makes Battlefield fun.
Nobody wants to be fucking around in trenches all the time with no variation.

Ok, leave it alone. Done.

historical accuracy

there.

Give it to another developer

>go full retard and add ww2 in expansions
Lol
That should be saved for the next Battlefield game

Adding WWII in expansions would make no sense.

It would require completely new voice acting, uniforms, weapons, vehicles, maps, etc.

fedora

I think it's probably time to commit suicide mr. autist

>Battlefield 1 by Platinum Games

It's a new meme you dip

they did that for bc2 vietnam which came out of nowhere and it was amazing

I was banned 2 times for saying WUZ and KANGZ.

The changes are gradual but real.

>Make every match 14 days long
>Give players trenchfoot if they stay in trenches too long
>Include a history book with each purchase
>Make the graphics as bad as bad company 2

Take out the coons.

>What are you on about? Every single vehicle in the game existed in real life.
There's no chopper anymore, aka that one vehicle that was both fun and somewhat techinal.

>You're a retard if you think WW1 was only trench combat.
It's not simply about making trench combat. It's about giving a nice peak to a brutal combat. We saw 2 maps out of the 9 or 10 we'll get, and NONE of them wouldn't fit in ANY other Battelfield game.

Make it steampunk to justify the weapons

bin it and release sequel to battlefield heroes

has hiro done anything positive so far?

The weapons are all real aside from perhaps some of the attachments and the AT rocket gun
So fuck off

>be bottom of the barrel shitposting retard
>get banned for your below Cred Forums-tier spamming
>omg censorship

They're all real, but they weren't all used, and most of the automatics were prototypes that never got used in ww1.

>I'll infer some things that you all can read

So what? That doesn't justify making something steampunk.
90% of the weapons in BF3 and BF4 never saw use with the Chinese, Russian, or American armed forces or were prototypes and yet they can still be in those games because they add variety

niggers: the game

Remove light tanks

give engineer bolt action rifle as default

delete niggers

Take out fucking squad spawning. It was the worst thing to happen to the series by far, and I think a WW1 game would be a good chance to undo that fuck up. It is there as nothing but a device to make the game more appealing to actual retards, and it brings down the quality for anyone else.

>Include a history book with each purchase
This.
Is it so hard for developers to put aside resources to spend to properly research and publish a book on the war that they wish to adapt into a video game. It always feels like game developers are solely trying to develop games. It's like they aren't even interested in furthering the knowledge in the field.

Thats on a whole another level. Battlefield One has SMG's and assault rifles that were barely a thing in those times. It would be more akin to people in Battlefield 3/4 using caseless ammunition and large scale electronic warfare.

>nigger xD
We get it, you're on Cred Forums

>bolt action
>not fun
kill yourself you meming child

hello /r/Cred Forums

make tanks die from 2 grenades
delet smg's
delet system34

Change the 1 to a 2

Out of nowhere 2143 demo.

>mechanics that slow down gameplay in shooters
No.

But the entire story of BF3 and 4 were based on things that didn't happen.

BF1 is based on things that have already happened, that we have historical data on. Nobody can say what weapons the Chinese would start using in a war with us, because they haven't had a fucking war with us.

Automatic rifles do not belong in a WW1 game. Period.

But it's a real life war

KILL
I
L
L

YOURSELF

you are literally a stupid retarded meming child

would you prefer chimps? :)

>ADHD babby can't play a game without sanic speed gameplay or he gets bored

I bet you like CoD now that it has jetpacks too, right?

So you're ignoring the fact that hundreds of thousands of automatic weapons were fielded in WWI?

Fuck off

>Googles

Is this already a meme? Or is it filtered?

Test: niggers

"Googles" is the new safe word for niggers.

So you're ignoring the fact that automatic rifles were never the norm in WW1, and they didn't even start using them until the end of the war in 1918, for a very short period of time, and even then they made up less than 1% of handheld weapons?

>have the small tanks not so incredibly OP
>cars don't blow up when they collide with horses

>It's like they aren't even interested in furthering the knowledge in the field.

They aren't, EA just wants your money.

>muh magic
>muh dragons
fucking nerd. i used to give faggots like you swirleys

but user, thats low-effort shitposting. you deserved both of those bans. now if only there were a way to eliminate you faggots permanently

If you think this is the first time nigger has been filtered you should go back to where you came from

No because the movement is still slow as fuck, so it doesn't matter how many speed boosts you can execute, it's still a slow boring shooter.

>he thinks anyone actually serves their bans

>It's like they aren't even interested in furthering the knowledge in the field.
Because they are not, this is a business, they want money.
Besides, most of the audience of these games would throw that book into the trash straight away.

If only they copied galactic conquest mode from battlefront 1 and 2, would have been awesome. But I enjoyed it for a bit.

>It always feels like game developers are solely trying to develop games.
Well... yes. They develop games. Because they're game developers. If they didn't focus on developing games, we wouldn't call them game developers.

he removed desu senpai

Delete it
Make Battlefield 2143

desu it doesnt seem like it senpai

>He thinks everyone just ban evades

It's like pirating video games. Everyone can do it and has reason to do it, but some people don't.

I thought the beta was pretty fun and apart from fixing the small vault bug and memory leak, I didn't find any major bugs.

I just think their game needs a bit of polish. I already found it fun.

remove light tanks self-heal.

death costs tickets again.

remove number of seats in those 'uber weapons'

remove instant bayonet charges

What the fuck is wrong with CoD having jetpacks tho

Battlefield 2143

Make Bayonet charge a different key to quick-melee attack. Jesus christ that was annoying.

>remove UI

BF3 and BF4s story are apart of 2142's timeline IIRC, at least BF4

Just leave it be.

There, done.

Physics is fine
Just get rid of ww1 theme and make it 2143 theme

remove american forces

>copy paste bf 1942 gameplay
>make maps as big as in bg 1942
>have actual bases with vehicles
>no spawning on top of players (seriously wtf?)
>naval warfare
>no infinite ammo
>remove niggers

I like dis, or maybe even toss a spawning AI squad on a point once you capture it, basiclly a small defense squad that stays on the point and takes up a defensive position.

>Still
>No
>France

WW1 was literally the France vs German conflict

barely even a world war

I would fuking kill for this! also a side note they are putting the 2142 servers up tomorrow battlelog.co/

Call of Duty started because Medal of Honor had the gay shit where you were a special forces soldier rather than front line infantry which is what people wanted

Now you are a special forces soldier with an array of gadgets rather than a frontline infantryman like Modern Warfare or World at War

Uninstall it, you will be having fun in no time.

Stop trying to argue with high functioning retards. These people use weak bait to push their white supremacists shit. They're just as bad as people with confederate flags and say muh heritage.

It's fucking ridiculous all these fat stupid pussy racists are given a free pass when THEY LOST THEIR FUCKING WARS AHAHAHAHAHAHA STAY MAD WHITEY

advanced warfare is the perfect reason you dont put dumb shit like jetpacks in a cod game.
im just glad they did it right in BO3

i can't
the game would have to be destroyed and remade from the ground up to be decent

Are you going to ignore the fact that Automatics were not used this much even in WWII as they were in the beta?

this

COD > BF1
Space shit is where it's at rn senpai

>public education at its finest
Oh beautiful, for spacious skies...

>"SACRIFICE THE SOLID GAMEPLAY ON MUH ALTAR OF AUTHETICITY!!!"
when will you faggots learn

Why are you people even suggesting that historical accuracy is somehow necessary for a game to be fun when you're playing something as arcadey and over the top as the Battlefield series
That's some aisine logic
It's all about the gameplay, and if your ww1 game is the most fun when everyone runs around slapping each other with dragon dildos then that is what you should program

>BF 2143
>space shit
You need to step your bait game up senpai

whats with all the retarded CoD shills lately

biggest cucks on the planet, nobody else pays $100 for the same game every year

Armenian Funoicide Mode

Bored kids race baiting is the only reason the history meme took off. 90% don't know shit about WWI. If they did, they would realize how boring and stupid their game would be by following history accurately.

Then you'd love to know that DICEs ww2 games had to many automatics as well. Battlefield has always been unrealistic, get over it.

>2 million frenchies vs 2 million krauts
>England can barely muster 500,000 troops
>Russia doesn't even have guns
>America brings some money

yeah you're right

Actually my account is reading winston churchill's "The World Crisis"

because whats the point in buying this if it plays exactly like Battlefield 4

slow the damn game down to make it match the setting, I want bolt action rifle shootouts not hectic skirmishes with automatics, give us something different

Infantry in the older games were nothing but cannon fodder, they play much differently now

>death costs tickets again

How does it work currently.

Did you even play 2142? How was that now space shit?

I'm 25 and the last COD/BF game I played was BC2. It's not my fault BF1 looks like lazy trash. The Infinite Warfare trailer at E3 blew everyone the fuck away. You know everyone wanted it until they realized it was COD.

>England can barely muster 500,000 troops
>4,000,000 British soldiers by 1918

>How was that now space shit?
Probably by not being set in space or nowhere near it

>Let's just forget the British, Ottomans, Russians, Austria Hungary and Serbs

Jesus are you American? you have to be American.

Thanks for proving my point

Basically you gain points over time for how many points you have captured, 1st to 300 wins

it even had a timer before so games were ending well before anyone hit 300

>British army literally swelled to 2 million volunteers, no conscripts at all, by 1914.

>by 1918

I'm talking start of war

Just cause it didn't take place in space doesn't mean it wasn't space age shit.

Wow..

They changed it.
They removed the timer and death counts as points again.

see this, retard

remove black and female soldiers

all the winning from liberal would fill my hearth with joy

Noice
I didn't really dislike the no death ticket loss system, but the timer was aisine

>THE GOOD OLDE PEARL HARBOR!

>Complaining that one of the main stake holders in the war isn't in it
>That means that I want every army removed and not one added? ? ? ??

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??

Hello? ?? ? ?

But user half of Cred Forums is currently being fed by the delicious tears of Cred Forums-lites, you'd cause a drought

Fuck, you're stupid.

What's the point of buying a WW1 game if the gameplay is just a cutdown mishmash of BF4 and battlefront?
People were interested in BF1 initially because the setting and technology promised a change from BF's stale gameplay, without being a shallow casual piece of shit like battlefront. Instead we got neither of these things.

We wanted different gameplay becasue different gameplay would have been fun. We got the same gameplay, which is not fun and not what anyone wanted. It's not hard to work out.

Where did I say this?
I was pointing out the fact he said it was literally a Franco Germanic war, which was hardly the case

There were never any female soldiers in the game to begin with retard. Race is customizable anyway.

It's the reason the war started, people took sides only because they thought it would benefit them

shit's been the same in europe forever

behead all niggers
behead all niggers

but one of the bedouins is female I thought.

The war was going to happen no matter what, the only unknown was the flashpoint for it.
Britain, France and Germany had been posturing for it for ages

That's a singleplayer character. There are no female soldiers in multiplayer.

The war started between Serbia and Austria-Hungaria you moron.

>it's the reason the war started
You keep digging yourself deeper and deeper into your own bullshit. It's almost like you actually believe what you're typing.

There is a difference between military science fiction and then something like star wars

Sci-fi is a spectrum

Based solely on Conquest on Sinai, lock control points in a linear pattern
>A unlocks B, B unlocks C/D/E, C/D/E unlocks F, F unlocks G
>Points have to be captured to lock down the ones behind it

It'd focus the fighting like Dice apparently wanted, but instead of just clumping the points as close as possible (plus one point off in fucking nowhere cause LEL BUTTLEFIELD), you'd actually create a somewhat coherent frontline with clear objectives, rather than every objective being active at every time.

What do you mean by different gameplay? Do you mean class limits like RO?

It's a fucking story character

The fuck are you even on about?

It had orbital strikes for christs sake.

You know jack shit about sci-fi m8. BF2143 is not space opera like Star Wars. There're subgenres.

Go full alternate reality instead of just throwing a WW1 aesthetic on battlefield, magic and technology that never existed in a world loosely based on real events.

Change the time period and setting to futuristic. The mechanics are already from that time period.

Alternatively, make it more melee and charge focused removing 90% of autos and make it most effective to saber, bludgeon and bayonet charge.

You're retarded. The only thing that isn't military sci-fi about Star Wars is light sabers. Beyond that everything else is literally possible. Why are you even bringing Star Wars into the discussion? BF2142 was clearly space age shit. Orbital strikes and hover tanks? Yeah, whatever kid. Go be retarded somewhere else.

>Most classes using bolt actions.
>No assault rifles
>Machine guns not being neutered pop guns
>Trench warfare
>Tanks handling like WW2 tanks.
>Aircraft not being a rehash of the terrible battlefront arcade bullshit.
>etc.

The beta was not the WW1 game we wanted and it's not even a good battlefield game unless medics, scouts, scout tanks and all the aircraft get a complete overhaul before the retail version hits.
It's the same stale nu-BF infantry and tanks, mixed in with battlefront's shallow, casual air combat and lack of teamwork (plus it has heroes!).

I wouldn't play it for free.

>Beyond that everything else is literally possible

niggers?

wow

Gears of War has Orbital Lasers yet they don't have Space travel. People in real life have made more advancement than them in this area

easy

1. don't buy battlefield one
2. buy Rising Storm 2

Hardcore makes the bullets 66% more powerful and just play on the equivalent of regular conquest, TDM, etc. for smaller map.s

>it's a Battlefield game
>it's not the WWI game we wanted
Nobody has been asking for a WWI game. And the fact you expect a BF game to be historically accurate says more about you than anything.

Go play Verdun for history, if that's what you actually want. Otherwise, go get that WWI game design going and pitch the idea to studios.

They should've just made it a WW2 game.

Nice counter argument.

We aren't talking about Gears of War. Should we start talking about Star Trek too?

I'm done, have fun kiddos.

>$0.14 has been added to your account

>Tripwire

2142 isn't space shit just because it has orbital strikes. By you're logic, we're currently in the space age just because we have communication satellites. In BF2142, people are still fighting over things on earth and only earth. They aren't fighting over mars or asteroids, they're fighting over land and resources on earth. Whether or not they have space technology is irrelevant, it's what they're using it for that defines the genre. Something like Infinite warfare is space shit, because they're actually fighting over and in space. 2142 isn't spaceshit.

SW has FTL travel and magic. Explain how those things are possible

at least it'll be more fun than battlefield 3 V3

Fixed spawns

>Spawning only at capture points
>Ammo and health crates at all capture points
The "1 man behind enemy lines can pop 5 mates out of his ass" mechanics just ruined Battlefield. No point in taking or defending flags anymore. Just COD style run&gun with bigger maps.

Yeah, after a few years. And even then some shit will be bugged and never fixed, just like all their other games.

>Nobody has been asking for a WWI game.

Nobody was asking for a WW1 game, but then we saw the trailer and decided that even if we can't have a new 42 or 2142, WW1 would be different enough to freshen up the gameplay.
Then the beta came out and everyone realized that the WW1 aspect was little more than wallpaper over gameplay that embodies absolutely everything wrong with DICE's last three games.

Nobody wanted WW1, nobody wants history. What we want is something new, but what we got was the same but worse and will less content, while also being more expensive.

Welcome to the video game, shit more like ALL entertainment, business model. If it works why not do it again cheaper and charge more?

Were you born yesterday or something? This had how it had always worked and it will continue to work this way.

There will be no industry crash because people time and again prove they're willing to pay WAY MORE than things are worth. Advertising compounds this. People are too busy to research purchases or even to hold shitty businesses responsible for shit.

You may want to find a new hobby.

The game is not for you

Add trenches.

Remove automatics.

Don't change anything, it's perfect as it is.
Only needs balance adjustments to certain weapons and vehicles.

>ctrl+f "health regeneration"
>results = 0
Cred Forums is dead.
Go market your casual shooter somewhere else, shills.

>not liking bolt
How low has Cred Forums fallen

Nope he's 100% right

Stick to Call of Duty you fucking imbecile.

He is not talking for everybody

what dude you don't like constantly sprinting everywhere and having no teamwork what so ever? It's all apart of that Battlefieldâ„¢ experience :^)

he is talking for everybody who grew up with Battlefield and doesn't want any of this casualized COD shit that Battlefield has become.

>the WW1 aspect was little more than wallpaper over gameplay
Just like literally every Battlefield game ever made. Battlefield has always been like this, you're an idiot for expecting anything else.

So you are saying that it's okay for DICE to continue releasing the same game with a different coat of paint and less content every few years for $60?

Bullshit. Battlefield has always been casual. If you played it since BF1942 you'd know that.

I haven't bought a DICE game since BF4, DICE shitting out another abortion doesn't effect me in the slightest.
I'm just explaining to that one guy why BF1 being a rehash of BF4 and Battlefront isn't fun and isn't what people wanted.

The game is not for anyone. BF1 will be dead within a month, just like battlefront and without the starwars IP behind it, it probably won't sell even half as many copies.
DICE has reached a point where the only way to increase their franchise's market share is to casualify it as much as possible while rehashing the same formula. However they've reach the point where the game stops being fun for anyone in the audience and their sales are going to start going backwards. The same thing happened for COD.

Its as if BF3 really was your first game

I enjoy it how it is, sorry!

I played a shit ton of 1942 and he sure as hell isn't talking for me. Take of your nostalgia googles, the old games were amazing for their time but the new ones are great to.

He isn't saying BF4 is bad

if anything he is saying go play BF4 instead of giving them more money because its the same game

Why are you guys pretending that you played 42 or anything before BF3?

Oh Battlefields became COD shit when they actually stole some good gunplay from those games instead of the atrocity that was BF2 gunplay?

Fuck off EA shills. Regenerating health and random spawning all over the map is not Battlefield. It's literally COD with vehicles.

Get of your nostalgic high horses. I played BF1942 and BF2 and they weren't any more realistic than this. You're being delusional.

Care to give a sound argument as to why health regen is bad?

We aren't talking about realism you cuck

>muh regen hate
It is so fucking slow that unless you hide yourself for 30 seconds, you are still just bullet away from death
Get over yourself

>isn't what people wanted
You mean it isn't what YOU wanted. We get that now.

Some of us enjoyed BF1's beta and the direction they're going with it. Just cuz you didn't like it and you wanna regurgitate the lame memes surrounding it, then go for it, man. I really doubt the game is gonna tank in the first month though. Everyone false flags that shit with everything they don't like here. Just look at Overwatch, WoW, DS3, and many others.

Take of you're nostalgia goggles, those games weren't the good sent gift you think they were.

god*

>Everyone false flags that shit with everything they don't like here
I don't think you understand what "false flag" means, you dumb EA shill

Back to RO2 or Verdun with you then :^). Oh wait, RO2 must be shit cuz of that retarded bandage healing mechanic, huh?

So what you're saying is you want less gun choice and beefed up MGs.

I disagree with less gun choice but I do agree that the MGs were kinda "meh", but then they do have to be balanced.

Not sure what you mean by trench warfare. You want every map to just be in trenches? What would be good about that?

Tanks from WW1 and WW2 should handle the same as they function the same way, not quite sure what you mean by this one.

I've never played battlefront so you'll have to tell me what you mean by this, i thought the planes were done rather well.

I rather enjoyed the beta and bugs were to be expected so I just reported them and carried on. I liked the change-up of the different classes.

I liked that spawning in vehicles gave you a special (and quite valuable) loadout that your team needed to protect. What's casual about the air combat in this game compared to previous BF games?

Also, teamwork is down to the players, not the game. The incentive to work as a squad is there. The point bonus from sticking together is massive.

>game doesn't punish you for taking damage
>no teamplay required to heal
>Shooting enemies at long range is pointless because they just hide and heal

>1 man army stays alive forever without any effort
> good
it's literally a mechanics for noobs who jerk themselves off to artificially inflated K/D ratios when they should be dead every 30 seconds because they are too retarded to avoid damage

Not him but it does lessen the point of the medic class. They have slowed it greatly but its still there and if they just removed it all it would add is you having to rely on at least one of the 63 other players on your team to keep you going unless you are a medic yourself, and is that really so bad?

Sure there are dumb cunts who don't do their jobs and they need to do what Hardline did where you can steal Health/Ammo off of them if they just wont drop it but they also need to make the medic class pure healing and remove the gernade launcher shit

I would've used a Chicken Little reference, but I don't think you're old enough for that one :^)

Not that guy, even though he misused the term, his point is entirely right.

>EA shills are this desperate
RO2 allows you to stop bleeding. It does not heal any wounds.

Outside of wild speculation, you do not stay alive, alone, by the merits of health regen alone.

Hiding just to regen health near enemy frontlines gets you killed fast.

>I can't use the English language properly, better call him underage
Chicken Little was shit btw

>1 man army stays alive forever without any effort
Health regen is so fucking slow you'd have to hide for like half a minute anytime you take damage and you can't regen while suppressed. If you're in the middle of a fight you literally don't have time to regen unless you're a medic.

>shot through femoral artery
>bleeding out
>take 2-3 seconds kneeling and making sounds
>fight more, full mobility
>hit in hand
>doesn't drop gun
>slap bandages on AGAIN cuz why not have two
>carrying gun, full mobility, like I was never shot
You're so right. It does not heal anything at all.

Get rid of it completely.

>I really doubt the game is gonna tank in the first month though.
Battlefront had a much more positive reaction here and it lost 90% of its playerbase in a month. BF1 is the same sort of shallow, low content trash that people will be bored after 20 hours.

They were decent games that were fun to play. I got more playtime out of the battlefront beta than BF1, because if you've played BF3 or 4 you've already played a better version of BF1. BF1 is an inferior BF game right across the board, if you want the BF4 experience, why not just save some money and keep playing BF4?

You don't regen when suppressed.

It takes forever to start regening when not suppressed and even then it's slow as fuck.

bring back team play
add unique abilities like in overwatch

Get your opinions straight. Do you think BF1 is a BF4 clone or do you think it's a shallow, low content Battlefront clone? You can't have it both ways.

Just rerelease pre-Jewgex Ace of Spades.

>sales projections based on Cred Forums threads
All that shows is that Cred Forums opinions are a terrible metric for measuring sales and success of a game. It's cute you think this place actually has influence though.

How do you add team play?

Make the game take over your controls and play for you?

you are criticizing one of RO2's few bullshit moments (because it is a video game) while defending Battlefield

think about it for a second

>Defending health regen
you have to be 18 to visit this website

No more googles

>Remove smgs
>Remove sniper rifles
>Uninstall bf1
>play verdun instead

nice retord retart

There's nothing wrong with health regen on some games.

Did you read any of those posts moron? We're saying health regen is so slow and hard to get if you're on the frontline that it practically isn't there.

Yeah on SOME games

but a game where there is a class dedicated to healing is not one of them

Like I've said twice already, it's both.

The gunplay, customisation and tanks are pure BF4, but less competent.
The total lack of teamplay, ultra fast respawns, armored train, hero classes and arcadey flight model were brought in from battlefront.

They took everything bad about BF4 and everything bad about battlefront and slapped them into a shitty game.

there are no frontlines in BF1

Medic is still crucial idiot because he can heal people WHILE they fight
Health regen does not do shit in the middle of a firefight

many ways to do it
they can start with adding more classes that can't do everything

18 years ago I was depositing my regen in your mom

Well you don't have to worry much about your health outside of combat now do you

I'm defending battlefield implicitly by pointing out a fault in your statement? Such projection.

I'm pointing out if you want a game like RO2 then go fucking play RO2. Stop pretending like you would buy BF1 if they met your retarded demands. We all know you enjoy shitting on the game and people who like it more than actually playing any game.

many ways like what? Cause you haven't noted a single one yet.

might work, good idea

And there is nothing wrong with that

Funny fact
BF1 has the most classes of any Battlefield game

>durrr hurr
Cred Forums had a higher opinion of battlefront and battlefront had an unprecedented player drop off. Likewise, hardline had bad word of mouth here and is one of BF's worst selling iterations.

If the general opinion on Cred Forums is that the game is going to be shallow and bad, then it's safe to assume that it will undersell compared to battlefront and probably drop its playerbase the same way that hardline and battlefront did. Not to understand, eh?

>you haven't noted a single one yet.
>they can start with adding more classes that can't do everything
also force support classes use shitty weapons

You better watch your mouth and pay respect to one of the best WW2 fps's of all time.

Replace classes with loadouts.

>The gunplay
Is much more diverse and skillful than BF4 and the weapons actually feel unique
>customisation
Is limited because it's a beta
>and tanks
Are actually powerful like they should be and require teamwork to use (Except the light tank, that shit needs nerf)
>The total lack of teamplay
Betas attract the worst shitters and it was only out for a week. The full game will give a better representation of actual teamplay.
>ultra fast respawns
This is literally a lie. Respawns are no faster than BF4.
>armored train, hero classes
Are powerful yet easily countered if the enemy is competent. Just like the pick ups in BF4 and nowhere near as OP as Battlefront pickups.

Wow that pol meme is spreading fast

Unless it's secretly has its origins in Reddit

Hmmm...........

Who are you the BF defense force?

BF2 had 7 classes as well but that's the only one I think.

if you still find the futuristic theme not washed out after all the shit that's been done of it you're literally tasteless.

If you wanna call me that, go right ahead. I actually liked the beta so I will infact defend it.

niggers?

I would buy BF1 if it was not BF4 with a WWI paintjob

Focus the game around rifles, make taking down vehicles a group effort rather than 1-2 dumbfucks run at it with the AT gernades, design the maps so that people will find positions to hold and start shootouts instead of making it so people want to run around because everything is so spread apart

Whats the point in regenerating health when there is a medic class though

Cred Forums consist of reddit crossboarders so anything that originates from there is reddit

Yeah there have been so many military science fiction fps coming out recently like Halo and...Titanfall?

>general opinion on Cred Forums
How is that measured again? Cuz from what I see, it's how most shit is measured by people on the Internet. They just remember the shit that supports their argument and try to meme or shit on the opposing opinion because of their over inflated sense of self worth and importance.

But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night, user.

go play Battlefield 4 then

It's the same game with more content and cheaper

>Whats the point in regenerating health when there is a medic class though
To let people regain some health while they travel from flag to flag so they are not 87HP and die to random sniper shot

le Armenian education dX

If you get shot by a sniper out in the open you should be dead anyways

- Increase the spawn time so that getting revived by a medic is attractive.
- Don't make all the guns generic automatics, so that each class has a proper niche, instead of slightly different weapon stats.
- Balance your guns properly so that scouts don't have the best weapon.
- Don't build classes around weapons instead of abilities, in the first place.
- Give the classes meaningful abilities and proper gameplay functions.

From BF3 was the point where DICE started trying to amalgamate the classes and reduce the importance of class abilities. Which had the side effect of turning the game into deathmatch and necessitated stuff like very fast spawn timers, high ammo counts and the ability to tap out rapidly, instead of waiting for a medic.

Make the starting weapon for every class be a bolt action rifle, with the SMGs and other shit being unlocked fairly quickly.

I play BF4 and the two games aren't that similar.

It improves on a lot of things that BF4 did horribly.

Unoriginal cop out justification, but whatever.
Health regen removes frustration by letting you top off your health off combat while you travel, making the game feel better to play.
If you cannot accept that out of principle, you can just take your knifes and go.

>Is much more diverse and skillful than BF4
Stopped reading here.

You are a literal faggot who never played BF4, is bad at videogames, or is just an idiot. It's quite the opposite.

BF1 is sniper rifle for snipers, MG for support, LMG for the engineer/assault class, and DMRs (compartite to how fast you can fire the rifle like) for medics.

WOW so diverse. Gadgets are nothing but anti tank in BF1. BF4 has gadgets for every scenario and not just for antivehicles.

You're a scubby pleb.

>They just remember the shit that supports their argument and try to meme or shit on the opposing opinion because of their over inflated sense of self worth and importance.

If you're seriously trying to say that the reaction to the beta on Cred Forums has been positive, then you're more guilty of this than anyone.

I told ya so.

(save that up for when you're looking at empty servers a month after release).

>so that each class has a proper niche
Automatics are garbage outside of >30 meters. LMGs are only useful at mid range while bipoded. Rifles are only good at long range. I'd that's pretty fucking niche.

Still get that catchy theme going in my head sometimes, takes me a couple minutes to figure out where its from. Then sad.

Open world survival horror...

Zombies

Set it in WW1.

'Member when they did the same for BC2?

How delusional can you be to say that

I just feel it removes the necessity of a medic, If you die in a fight you can just spawn in on a squad mate, or you might be revived by a medic probably not because the revive system in BF1 is retarded

Its bad enough that they have phased out support with how shit they have been in combat compared to every other class due to assaults complaining about LMG suppression since BF3 and they don't need to do it to yet another class

remove niggers

This, I want roodypoo back, just to see the Cred Forumsfags shit themselves.

I never said it was positive here. I'm saying Cred Forums is not a great barometer of success or popularity. Cred Forums is only good for memes and MAYBE some discussion in there.

90% of the Cred Forums threads were just race baiting and meme spouting. That's it. Most people just parrot the same meme you have been, the Battlefront meme. Or they went the muh history race baiting meme. You feel like you're right cuz you're part of the crowd. Grats.

Funny thing is, nobody knows how it's going to be. We're all full of shit and just speculating right now :^)

Guns in BF4 all feel the same. Assault rifles can snipe people across the map if you know how to burst fire. LMGs are just assault rifles with more ammo. PDWs are assault rifles with better hipfire. Because of this, gunfights feel the same, no matter what class your fighting.

In BF1, guns actually feel unique. SMGs operate extremely differently from LMGs and Self loading rifles operate extremely differently from Bolt action rifles.

The only class that can take out tanks is assault. Other classes can damage them but that's minuscule and is only useful for preventing tanks from repairing.

All the automatics are interchangeable at close to mid range - you point your gun at the enemy and hold down the trigger. SMGs do a bit more damage at close range and the LMGs are a bit better than assault rifles at long range, but they all function exactly the same way.

Three out of the four classes use automatics almost exclusively and ~80% of the guns shown are automatics. Not to mention that classes may as well not exist given how useless the medic and support skills are now.

>Automatic rifles do not belong in a WW1 game. Period.
They do though.
They existed and were used.

>Playing that ugly, unoptimized, indie unity shitfest that is Verdun
LOL

Different guns are only useful within certain niches, tanks are much more powerful and have very different layouts, planes are vastly improved, engineers are gone, vehicles have dedicated classes, melee combat is improved, there's more terrain deformation and destruction, cavalry, behemoths, etc.

This isn't Halo, Battlefield's TTK is pretty short so the weapon shooting you doesn't change shit, unless the shooter is retarded, if they see you first you will lose

In BF4 I always ran across people using almost every weapon besides the handful that got the short end of the balancing stick, people using every shotgun, DMR, carbine. BF1 it's always Assaults using the Trench SMG, Medics using the Automatic, Supports using the Lewis, and Scouts using the Russian lever action

ah okay I see

this is a ruse

you are partaking in a ruse against me to rile me up

Surely you didn't just say all of that in confidence that it's true and not the exact opposite

Get rid of the nigs to make the game accurate

There, game instantly becomes fun and pre-order numbers surpass Battlefield 4.

Let a developer outside the Somali-European Caliphate make it.

I don't know what beta you played but it wasn't the same as the one I played. LMGs are garbage at close range while SMGs utterly dominate. Mid range, SMGs are garbage and Semi-autos and LMGs work wonders there.

SMGs has a first shot spread multiplier unlike every other gun in the game while LMGs have negative spread unlike every other gun in the game.

Only two out of seven classes have access to Automatics, one of which don't even have to use them.

Almost everyone in the beta played scout. SMGs were useless outside of point C and D.

I do agree though, that support and medic aren't played enough, the definitely need a buff.

Seriously, we didn't play the same fucking beta

>dump WWI
>make it Vietnam
>it ain't me be the theme song

this actually isn't even wrong

Despite buying both on release, I enjoyed BF3 more than MW3 and BF4 over Ghosts.

Fuck, i even loved hardline over advanced warfare.

But holy fuck that BF1 beta was awful.

Like, laughably bad. COD was won me over this year, i would rather kill myself than spend 60$ on BF1 if it's going to be anything like that fucking beta.

Make it $4.99

>I can't counter his arguments, what do I do now?
>I know, I'll call him delusional, that'll show him.
How about you actually disprove. It's like you didn't even play the beta.

The new cod will be my first since blops1.

This battlefield is not fun. The new cod looks alright.

Funny how bfq had highest voted trailer in history and cod had lowest voted trailer in history, yet cod is where I'm going.

ayy lmao, NlGGERS got filtered again, time to say Argentinians

Battlefield 1? do you mean Cottonfield 1?

This nigga over here saying that tanks having presets rather than the full customization is better because its "more different" and that the copypasted x-wing flight is a "vast improvement" and you expect me to take him seriously?

I feel like he is reading off a paper someone gave him rather than his experiences someone got from a beta

The melee isn't better, the charge/quickmelee being the same button aside they took all the reward out of it, you get a special takedown animation no matter what instead of getting one for sneaking up on a guy and taking his dogtags

The plane controls is just battlefronts with the throttle meter hidden and evasive maneuvers removed, only improvement is that its more focused on leading targets rather than locking on

The Destruction in this game seemed worse, I crashed my landship into many a building only for me to just make a shitty hole in the wall, I shot the cannons into the rest of the walls trying to bring the rest of the building down but it just stood up

It's gonna be fun as is
Realistic? No
Fun? Very much so

make all characters white

Nigger

Niggers

nigger

niggers

Nothing has been filtered, you stupid niggers.

I add the numbers 214 in

*Very much no

Seriously, they just made it dlc when it should have been a game on its own

add dinosaurs.

Apparently a giant sandworm has been considered by dice, I'm guessing to be like the megaladon thing.

Fucking new candyass roody poo

Include artillery in a meaningful way. It's ridiculous, artillery was probably the most defining element of the war and it's not even included in the game.

Remove every single auto/semi-auto with a bolt action that takes two successful body shots to kill. Then the game would require actual skill at aiming instead of point at the general direction and mow someone down.

Also give every class at least one anti tank grenades and make them easier to throw.

Theres an artillery variant of the tanks.
There's an artillery dedicated vehicle.

How in the actual fuck is the flight in BF1 anything like Battlefront? Now I'm sure we didn't play the same game.

BF1s flight doesn't have preset evasive manoeuvres and you have to roll manually. There are no lock on missiles or aim assist. It even has gunners. It plays like BF4 except planes are slower and stall more easily.

Melee in BF4 was utter shit. The animation takes so long, anyone can just waltz up and pop you in the head while the animation finished. There was no benefit to knifing over just gunning them down on the spot and is a direct death sentence in a fire fight. Now it's actually a viable tactic in close quarters and taking someone down from behind doesn't get you killed 90% of the time.

Majority of attachments were just useless clutter in BF4. Besides, there'll be more customization in the full game.

I'll admit, destruction can be a bit wonky from time to time but it's mostly amazing. Most walls can be brought down and the terrain deformation is amazing.

Slow down run speed, 3/5 squad members have bolt actions.

I think it was fun as it is.
Some balance issues but otherwise it's fine. I got it for less than 50 and may even buy the first DLC to get the frogs.
I'm looking for this game and Civ VI for having a fun winter.

mod tools and server-hosting software instead of rent-a-sever.. that would fix most things.

(assuming that won't happen).

>Faction-weapons(divided along central-powers/allied lines) at start(like bf2 and 3 had it); pilots getting a 1907-semi-auto or a revolver carbine. Requires some additional guns and gadgets to be added, not too much of a problem IMO.

>sprint bar

>no squad spawning.

Make the Light Tank a map pickup. Nerf it first so that it's about on par with the existing 'special' classes.

As it stood in the beta, its main job was giving series-long MBT players something comfortable to slip into with one seat instead of two. The Heavy Tanks and Landships are better balanced vehicles.

Maybe give the MG and AT emplacements greatly reduced damage from direct and indirect explosives from the front and a wider shield to protect the gunner from sniper attacks coming from directly ahead. Also a 'turbo' mode like vehicles get to traverse the gun faster.

I have my doubts that terrain deformation is going to remain in this game the way it existed in the open beta. BF3's own open whatever allowed you to practically dig trenches with very little effort and as the series has gone on terrain destruction has been reduced to not very deep craters.

Can't be fixed. It's filled with niggers and it's a modern EA production. In fact, the only unique thing about it IS it's filled with niggers.

The game is less then a month away, I doubt that have time to change much outside of small balance changes. I didn't play the original BF3 beta so I wouldn't know.

>Remove automatic weapons for soldiers
>Only vehicles have automatic weapons but now tanks are much slower
>Add trenches
>Remove americans and add french

multiply it by 1942

nigger it you google

>Remove sharpshooter from the game
>Make guns fire actual bullets and not lob rounds like a fucking firework launcher

fixed

>France and Germany were the reason the war started
me in the middle

testan
NIGGER nigger Nigger

>>Remove Googles from the British and German armies.
>Nope.
Google detected

man army stays alive forever without any effort
>> good
Have you even played BF1? The health regen kick in so slowly that it's worthless if you rely on it

>make the bayonet replace the quick melee when the weapon with it on is equipped, and give it the appropriate range - a rifle + sword bayonet is basically a fucking spear and should be able to hit someone about two arm lengths away, but an MP18 with one on isn't going to go much further than swinging a shovel
>replace quick melee for all non-bayonet weapons with a short readying period where the weapon is pulled out of its holder (though short, maybe about 1/2-3/4 of a second, maybe a bit more)
>using this melee attack actually equips the weapon to your hand
>discourage the use of pistols in CQC by having the player first stow their primary weapon and then readying the weapon so switching to it will be significantly slower than engaging in melee; this better represents the prevalence of actual hand-to-hand combat in WWI (remember that the overwhelming majority of soldiers weren't even issued sidearms at all)

Did I fix CQC?

Your excitement over that feature is exactly what was going around as of the beta I was in. I enjoyed it, since those foxholes could be used to leapfrog for the attackers or create defensive positions in ways that the factory standard layout of Operation Metro did not allow.

Turns out those craters weren't balanced and stricter limits were placed on how deep you could dig. I'm surprised it hasn't been removed altogether, but it practically has been in the subsequent games.

Don't get me wrong: I'd like for BF1 to retain terrain deformation because it's obvious that DICE wanted to reexamine it, but the build was probably finished months before we played it. It's one of those things that can be changed at the last minute because there were so many other things developers need to get out of the way for their games to even run on release day.

>the return of titan matches
yeah, don't tease me.

I dont think they could do anything at this point for me. Feels like the same damn game I've played for years. I've got that fatigue in me like I did with CoD and Gears etc. It's not fun playing the same game reskinned anymore.

>Release game on Steam instead
>Watch population and profits skyrocket

Prove me wrong.

1. Remove semi-autos and automatics; all machineguns have to be deployed to be fired
2. 2 Torso or 1 head hit from a rifle-caliber bullet incapacitates, but anyone can get you up. Incapacitated people can only be killed with melee, suicide or time (30s, no give ups)
3. Only points and squadleaders can be spawned on. Squadleader only has a pistol but can call HE, smoke, illumination, mustard gas shells from artillery
4. Increase squad size to 10. Force merging of squads smaller than max if possible
5. Force everyone to stay within 50 meters of their squadleader (no points awarded outside this range, cannot capture), aircraft and behemoths exempt.
6. Remove killfeed and hit markers.
7. Remove third person views
8. Tanks and planes repair much slower.
9. Make gas, smoke, dust etc spread much more.
10. Generally reduce accuracy and increase suppression a lot
11. Remove scopes altogether
12. Reduce amount of CPs to a maximum of 5
13. Reintroduce commander position with various abilities
14. Copy Banzai mechanics from RO2; only squadleader can initiate
15. Tanks become permanent husks left on the field after they're destroyed.

>replace all regular guns with grenade launchers
>remove vehicles
>make everyone 2-3x as fast
>design the maps around this
>change the setting to some kind of alt-history WW1

congrats you've made Verdun

IIRC verdun only has trenches, no vehicles, and the maps are really small. Does it even have 64 players?

Add 1
Make BF4 with a WW2 skin
Do lesser known battles
No premium bullshit, if map packs are a must, then no "premium only servers" and server priority

This, if the game came out on Steam instead of Origin I bet they would at least double their sales.

remove KFC warriors

it's already fun AF

>verdun
>no scopes.

top kek.

mod tools are probably the easiest way for dice to make the game better.

just a shame they won't release mod tools or dedicated server software.

Thank you goys.
Ill make sure this information reach our PR dept and see what we can use in this current year.