Why is the Wii U's library so much worse than the Wii's?

Why is the Wii U's library so much worse than the Wii's?
Did Nintendo really struggle with HD development that much?

Why is nu-Cred Forums's bait so much worse than the old Cred Forums's?
Do millennials really struggle with development that much?

>Did Nintendo really struggle with HD development that much?
Yes. Despite popular belief, Nintendo doesn't spend much money developing their games. They try to be const effective.
Also, during the Wii days Nintendo had some sort of third party support, so while third parties padded up the release schedules with their shovelware, they could develop games with ease.
Don't forget the fact Nintendo supports two platforms, unlike Sony and Microsoft. So they are stuck between SD and HD development.

Do you actually think the Wii U has a better library?

>Yes. Despite popular belief, Nintendo doesn't spend much money developing their games. They try to be const effective.
Sums it up perfectly. It's also why no one should be expecting anything different on NX.

(You)

one game doesn't make the library as a whole better, retard

You are a huge fucking crybaby my dude.

>millenials this mad they are too stupid to understand platformers

DKTF is a good game but it doesn't make up for the rest of the Wii U's mediocre library. The Wii library is better as a whole you fucking triggerd autist.

>Grandpas with arthritis think 2D platformers are difficult
What a fucking casual.

If it took them forever to develop games on the Wii U, I'd hate to see how long it would take them with the NX

the 3DS got so much 3rd party support because it was so popular.
After how bad the Wii U was, normies don't give a shit about nintendo home consoles. Nintendo will be in a for a rude awakening if they think they'll enjoy the same support on NX even if it is a hybrid.

What is
>Pikmin 3
>Smash Bros
>Mario Kart
>Bayonetta
>DKCTF
>NSMB
>SMB3DW
>Yoshi's Wooly World
>Splatoon
>Mario Maker
>W101

Now list what Sony and Microsoft have that does not include remasters or multiplats.

You know user, if you were literate you'd see that I'm comparing it to the Wii library. I couldn't give less of a shit about PS4 or Xbone

Smash 4 > brawl
Tropical freeze > returns
Wooly > epic yarn
Actual new pikmin game
Mario maker > just making another "new"
Co op 3D Mario
Captain toad
Pokken
Mon hun 3U > tri, especially online
Bayonetta 2 and W101 > Mad World
Fast Racing Neo > Fucking nothing
Etc

Nintendo habitually upgraded this generation, I just wish we had a new punch out.

>Dong Freeze drastically better than Returns
>Smash 4 drastically better than Brawl
>Mario Kart 8 drastically better than MK Wii
>Bayonetta/Bayonetta2 bundle
>Pikmin 3
>Wonderful 101
>Splatoon
>BotW is probably going to shit all over Skyward Sword

Wii U probably has a smaller collection of "good" titles overall, but for the ones that matter they blow their Wii counterparts out of the water.

>Smash Bros
>Yoshis Woolly World
>Mario Maker
Not exclusives

You're joking right? Galaxy and Galaxy 2 blow 3D world out of the water, even if the latter does have a pointless tacked on co-op mode.

Nintendo fans everybody. Learn to read faggot

>Captain toad
>Pokken
One is a shovelware expansion pack and the other is basically unplayable because no one plays online anymore
>Fast Racing Neo
lol

Where did this meme come from?

Wii-U's library is way better than the Wii's. Wii had Galaxy 1 and 2, Super Paper Mario, Prime 3, and that's about it. Plus the Wii-U can play all of the Wii's games AND it can emulate GC the same way AND it has more VC titles if you're into that.

> Galaxy and Galaxy 2 blow 3D world out of the water
As a singleplayer game. I played through 3D World with my brothers and it's easily more fun together than I ever had alone with Galaxy. I also played several levels alone, mostly to mop up missed stars, and it's much worse though still enjoyable.

Not to mention Galaxy had an even more tacked-on co-op mode where player 2 just shoots star bits at things with the Wii remote. Funny how that never gets brought up.

>>Smash 4 drastically better than Brawl
not an exclusive
>>BotW is probably going to shit all over Skyward Sword
not an exclusive, in fact Wii U is getting the inferior version confirmed by Aonuma.

Funny how the Wii had way more games to play than the Wii U. Shovelware aside, at least 3rd parties put out something worth trying.

OP is comparing two consoles within the same company.

Why the fuck are you bringing sony or microsoft into the conversation?

And they said the Nintendo Defense Force does not exist.

>AND it has more VC titles if you're into that.
are you fucking kidding me? Wii's VC was god-tier compared to Wii U's. Wii had N64 games at launch. Wii U didn't get those until 2015.
Plus it still doesn't have anywhere near the amount of SNES or N64 titles that Wii had.

The Wii U has seven good exclusives
>DKTF
>Splatoon
>Xenoblade X
>Bayonetta 2
>Pikmin 3
>The Wonderful 101
>Mario Kart 8
That's it. Everything else ranges from mediocre to garbage.
>inb4 b-b-but muh $60 level editor is a good game

When will this meme end? 3D World's multiplayer is fucking pointless. There are no co-op based puzzles or challenges. The only thing it adds to the game is it creates artificial difficulty from you and your friends bumping into each other.
>Funny how that never gets brought up.
Probably because it wasn't advertised as a main feature of the game you fucking retard.

>Wii Us library is way better than the Wiis

I want to agree with you but I can't. The Wii's library had me playing for a long time, the Wii U's on the otherhand basically collected dust once I beat them.

All right maybe my memory is skewed in that regard.

Nice opinions, great work, upvoted. I'm not even going to bother engaging you with titles that you missed since you're just one of those people who counts off games you've never played because Cred Forums or some reviewer told you to.

>and that's about it
What about
No More Heroes
Return to Dreamland
Punch-Out
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower
Zack and WIki
Little King's Story
Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Which ones did I miss?
I bet you'll list ZombiU or Devil's Third or some shit, lmao. Or that shitty musou Zelda game (that has the definitive version on 3DS regardless)

>Smash 4
>not an exclusive
You're really reaching if you're trying to make a case for the abortion that is the 3DS version of Smash
>BotW
>not an exclusive, in fact Wii U is getting the inferior version confirmed by Aonuma.
I recall him saying it would be "diffferent" and until we know details about the new console I'd say hold your fucking horses and quit jumping to conclusions.

Source: my ass
Shut up kid, BotW NX will look different according to aonuma, never indicated if thats a downgrade or an upgrade.

But keep spreading misinfo, someone MIGHT take you seriously one day! XD

>b-but muh smash tour and muh 8-player clusterfuck mode and muh tourneyfagging and muh stage bosses who everyone hates
Most people only care about the rosters and those are the same between both versions. Get the fuck over it. Most agree the 3DS verison has better stages too.
>different doesn't mean better
They would be dead in the fucking water if they actually released a home console with less power than the Wii U. Use your brain user.

Graphics stges framerate accessibility gamecube controller

3DS has none of those. Get BTFO kiddo.

The Wii U is barely more powerful that a PS3 or an Xbox 360, unless the NX runs on Vita specs I doubt it'll be downgraded.

I liked Hyrule Warriors but you're right it's not exclusive. However I also liked 3D World, Luigi U, Yoshi's Woolly World (getting ported now), Mario Maker, and even Star Fox Zero. You can bite me since I know you've probably never played any of these titles but you don't need to since Jim Sterling and Yahtzee are so knowledgeable and objective right?

>its a tourneyfag
lol

Please show me video or screenshots of BotW NX. Until then, source = my ass

Idiots, back to the school. You know you've lost but you just HAVE to win that e-argument lol! Stay mad.

>They would be dead in the fucking water if they actually released a home console with less power than the Wii U
>implying they aren't dead set on killing themselves already
If it's a pure home console it almost certainly will be more powerful, but if they go the home/hybrid route like rumors have been saying then you have to consider battery life, screen resolution, performace, control options, and so forth. More things that can go wrong.

Wii U in some cases is actually worse than PS3/360

Wii U has a slower CPU than 360 and PS3 can handle draw calls better if the developer manages to take advantage of the Cell.

I actually played all of those except Luigi U.
I found 3D World to be mediocre in comparison to old 3D Marios, I don't really like the "2D gameplay in a 3D space" thing. I don't think its bad just average. Same with Woolly World, just average.
I don't think a $60 level editor can really be counted as a good game. Especially when 90% of the people making levels are literal children, retards and autists.
I did play Star Fox Zero and I didn't have any problems with the controls, what annoyed about that game was that it has less content than SF64, a game from 20 years ago. If you want me to go into more detail about why I dislike Zero I will

Hey kid, sometimes it's okay to just use common sense.

the 3DS version has the same framerate fucktard
are Wii U owners really this delusional that they think it's more powerful than NX? Fucking lol.

Also adding that the definitive Woolly World version is coming to 3DS.

holy shit dude, be more fucking butthurt.
Why are Nintenvictims such massive crybabies?

>Did Nintendo really struggle with HD development that much?
what's so difficult about HD development, Nintendo still uses Gamecube tier textures as evident by Splatoon and Mario Kart 8. They just raise the internal resolution to 720p and add in HDR lighting.

Post when I said the Wii U is stronger thn the NX! Reading comprehension. Kid, you need to go back to class lol! Pathetic.

To the retard who said 3DS has same frame rate, tell me what the rate is on assist trophies! Hahahaha child BTFO, back to school now. You don't want to get a red card for skipping!!

I agree. The only games I go back to on my Wii are the Galaxy games and maybe Punchout.

>Smash 4,Yoshi Wooly World, Mario Maker, Hyrule Legends
>Multiplatform
Do any of you guys really prefer to play these on the 3ds rather than the Wii U?

Hyrule Legends is avsolutely supperior to the Wii U version except in SFX and GFX. Sorrry man. Even the gameplay is somehow better thans to the touch screen. It gets all of wii u DLC for FREE plus its own canpaign all for $40.

The campaign is NOT coming to the Wii 7 either

>in fact Wii U is getting the inferior version confirmed by Aonuma.
Aunoma never said something like this, though.

>3D and Woolly World are average
I can see where this opinion might come from though I respectfully disagree. I think there are things about them that set them just slightly about above average: 3D World has great co-op, tons of content, and manages to be a fun well-designed platformer in its own right. Not as good as any of its predecessors except for Sunshine but it's adequate. Woolly World is kind of the same deal, it fails to be much more than all of its predecessors mechanically but I give it props for being a well-crafted game with a great art style and great music.

>$60 level editor with atrocious levels flooding it
This is fair too and I'm not even gonna try to contend it. I mean, I like the game well enough but I have my own problems with it for sure, namely some of my best levels getting perma-deleted and Nintendo dropping the ball when it comes to content that could have made the game way better.

>Star Fox Zero
This is definitely a controversial title and I'm probably easier on it than other people but I'd love to hear why you disliked it because it's an interesting game to discuss. Star Fox as a series is divisive enough by itself, if you ask me.

It also misses out on the new dlc. Real dick move from KT.

Wii U's library is far far superior to the Wii's.

Nope.

You're pathetic if you're trying to say that the wiiu is better than the wii, game-wise.

Honestly, yeah.

The wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
Xenoblade chronicles x
Splatoon
Mariokart
Smash 4
Pikmin 3
Tropical freeze
Pikmin 3
Monster hunter 3U
3D land
Fast neo racing

All I can remember being great on wifi was
Mhtri
Mario kart
Animal crossing
Mario Galaxy 1+2
Muramasa
No more heros
Mad world

Honestly the wii had more games but most of it was shovels are. I think the wiiu targeted the core gamer a lot better

For 3D World and Woolly World I didn't really like the co-op. My friends don't really play Mario so they were just constantly bumping into me and dying and generally being shitty which made it unenjoyable for me. I thought it was a much smoother experience playing alone but imo it wasn't as good as Galaxy or Galaxy 2 or 64.
As for Star Fox Zero, these are the main issues I had with the game:
>less overall content than SF64, despite being in development forever and then getting delayed
>less paths than SF64
>most """"""alternate"""""" paths are just slight deviations on the main two paths that take a one-mission detour then fold back into the main path
>most of those detours aren't even full levels, its short bullshit like the Peppy boss fight and the 1 on 1 Wolf fight
>most bosses are all range mode
>too much all range mode in general, not enough on-rails
>has the balls to reuse three different levels, one of which only adds a boss at the end and another which doesn't even change the enemy layout, and call them different missions
>Gyrowing is a complete piece of garbage and has 1.5 levels wasted on it
>No second Andross fight on hard path
>apes the fuck out of 64 but either leaves out the best parts (Forever Train) or ruins them (Zoness)
>some boss fights are arbitrarily made more difficult by having forced auto-lock on, making the player view things at weird angles or use the touchpad
Overall I think its about a 5/10, I'm probably easier on it than most too since I think only plebs would bitch about the controls, but I really can't look past all the other flaws and general lack of content especially considering its long development cycle which was capped off by a four month delay.

personally I like Returns better than TF, but they're both great

What exactly is "lol" about fast neo. You've never played it so you just typed lol

nice cherrypicked wii list lmao
good job leaving out The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, OG Xenoblade, and Punch Out

its an indieshit game, if a sonygger recommends an indieshit game in a PS4 thread you all collectively shit your pants
fucking hypocrites

The wonderful 101 shits on everything the wii had and is more valuable then all of its library combined

Minimal third-party support. Most companies saw it for the dumpster fire it was and ducked out early. A couple hung around and gave it a shot (Ubisoft), but even they eventually gave up when they realized no one owns a fucking WiiU and the ones who do only buy Nintendi garbage and Amiibos.

I'm sure the other 12 people on earth that bought it agree with you.

It really is amazing to me that Cred Forums is the only place with a significant number of people who bought The Wonderful 101.

Who the fuck is talking about Sony? What's wrong with indie?

You're telling me that if it was the same exact game but developed by a known studio it would count all the sudden. You're fucking sad dude

Returns would sit much better with me if not for the whole "shake to roll" nonsense that we got.

Control scheme is a big deal.

because even if it was a full generation behind the competition, the wii still sold a lot which incentivized devs to still TRY releasing games for it.

the wii u sold like complete shit, so there wasn't much of a reason to get them to try. ESPECIALLY since that power gap was still there and people didn't tend to buy games for the wii anyways. Not unless it was a 1st party game.

As for why the wii u's first party sucks? Because Iwata was running the company into the ground and even with him gone, they still suck at handling the modern market. They release a handful of the same IPs each gen and that's it. It's only mildly better than what Microsoft does with its 3 IPs.

>Cred Forums has shit taste

You're right.

that's why Returns 3D is better

It's a hardcore game. W101 is the best example of a casual filter in existence

>When will this meme end? 3D World's multiplayer is fucking pointless.
So is Goldeneye's but we do it because it's fun.

>artificial difficulty
aw shucks I've been talking to a retarded person

It literally is artificial difficulty. If you're playing alone you won't be bumping into people making the game far easier.

also there's a homebrew hack to bind the controls to a classic controller

Nah. Shitposting doesn't work with w101. You're the one with awful taste

>mfw the entire fandom could get together and still not have enough people for an accurate cosplay

Or maybe you're just a fucking retard who can only pull one example to support your shit argument.

I didn't want to believe it but look at the credits for most Nintendo games.

There's like 100 developers compared to GTA V having like 20,000 developers (yeah exageration).

Also the library isn't as bad at all. There's been tons of good games it's just that the third party presence wasn't available like last gen.

Also last gen we had HudsonSoft make the Wii U their #1 home and they supported the shit out of it. This gen we didn't see that since Konami shut them down and wants to pretend like the PC Engine never existed in the west.

This is the first complaint I've heard about Splatoon's textures, and Mario Kart is a racing game which is the easiest genre to cherrypick graphical stills.

>There's been tons of good games
there's been 7

>not throwing your mates to their death and then laughing about it
>not jewing them out of coins and enemy kills to get the high score
>not fighting with them over the crown while you try to make progress

You're literally playing the game wrong.

Punch-Out is great until you get to the bullshit difficulty levels halfway through. They're fucking merciless.

Wasting lives and powerups seems counterproductive

This gen that counts as a ton

I feel like you're the reason couch co-op games are dying.

God you're sad

>muh couch co-op
Nintendofags are literally the only ones who care about this

It's mario. Lives haven't been important since they invented the save function. Hell, most 2D platformers just got rid of the lives mechanic altogether, it's only a matter of time before Mario does too.

wii remote suck

>Less content than SF64
>Fewer paths than SF64
I think that this is largely incorrect but I'll get to that.

>Most paths are just slight detours
This is mostly true, how much it hampers your enjoyment is subjective I guess.

>Most of those detours aren't even full levels, just short bullshit like the Peppy fight and Wolf
Here's where I'd like to point out that all of the little detours, side missions, and extra fights add a lot of content and replayability to the game imo. For instance, the game is short but at this point everyone knows "3 hours" is a meme and if you're actually set on discovering every scenario you'll probably go beyond the 10 hour mark. If you plan on getting every medal, which I go after since I'm a completionist who loves this stuff, you'll be playing for much longer than that.

>Most bosses are all-range mode
I hear this complaint a lot but no one ever pins down what's supposed to be so bad about all-range mode. Is it a lack of variety? I would have liked some on-rails bosses too but it seems rather minor to me.

>Reuses three different levels
Having trouble here, I thought only Corneria got reused for the endgame?

>Gyrowing is garbage and has 1.5 levels wasted on it
Agreed, though once you get the hacking module for the arwing you can complete the whole second level with it.

>No second Andross fight on hard path
No excuse for this one

>Forced auto-lock
Annoying at first but not unbearable. Though I would have swapped out the second screen function if it meant getting actual co-op implemented, even if some levels would need to be reworked around it.

All in all I ended up having a lot of fun with the game and I was just happy to get some more classic Star Fox action done right. The arwing and landmaster levels were a blast for me and I only wish that there were more of them in the game, but all of the extra bosses and scenarios with their medals definitely suffice. I'd like to give the game a solid 8/10, but 7/10 seems fair.

Only good game there is xenoblade. I love how putting things like Mario maker/splatoon/captain toad is shovel ware but then you list shit like the punch out remake for gods sake

>not liking Punch Out on Wii
top pleb

Also I never said anything bad about Splatoon lmao

>if you're actually set on discovering every scenario you'll probably go beyond the 10 hour mark.
I mean I guess so, but the lack of path variety kinda makes that an unenjoyable experience.
>Here's where I'd like to point out that all of the little detours, side missions, and extra fights add a lot of content and replayability to the game imo.
I see your point, however, SF64 did the same thing but made just about all of them into full levels instead of cutting it short.
>Is it a lack of variety?
I mean thats part of it, but if you want a true example of why on-rails bosses are better just compare the Attack Carrier fight in SF64 to the one in SFZ
>I thought only Corneria got reused for the endgame?
The Asteroid belt level is used twice, one of which has Mecha Dodora at the end.
They also reused Zoness for the Arwing instead of making a new level which is just lazy as fuck.
>though once you get the hacking module for the arwing you can complete the whole second level with it.
While this is true, you still need to replay the Gyrowing levels multiple times to complete every path.

that's really sad if PS4 and Xbone gamers don't care about couch co-op anymore.

Hell, even a few PC games still do local multiplayer like Duck Game.

People like you are the reason why I can't play Halo 5 local.

Who needs couch co-op when you have online co-op?
Maybe Nintendo needs to catch up to modern times.

who the fuck cares? splitscreen is trash anyways.
If Halo 5 had splitscreen it would run at like 25 fps

Because why should I have to buy two consoles and games and an online subscription for both people if my friend is right next to me?

you sound underage
I don't know any adults who meet up to play video games

Are you baiting or is this really the state of Cred Forums

I'll never understand how the modern gamer is not only content losing things, but defends it and says its for the better

I can't think of any games I enjoyed recently that would be improved by splitscreen multiplayer.
Splitscreen has always been garbage.

times have changed for the worse.

Guess so, maybe you should keep your manchild tendencies in the privacy of your home

of course he's baiting, he couldn't be more obvious.

I'm not baiting. I have no idea why people get so caught up over couch co-op. Literally what the fuck is even the purpose. I can just play online and have a screen all to myself instead of having to play fucking splitscreen. Or even worse, having to play on the fucking gamepad while my buddy plays on the tv (looking at you, Pokken and Hyrule Warriors). I didn't buy my big ass tv just to have half of it cut off while I play.
If your friends aren't poorfags there really is not an issue.

because I value playing with friends more than autistically valuing resolution.

1. make friends who aren't poorfags and share your taste in vidya
2. play online
problem solved

I think we can say without a doubt that this is the saddest man on Cred Forums

So you can't come up with anything to contradict my reasoning, got it.

i bet you shat your 30+ year old manchild lardass XXXXL pants a little when writing that butthurt post

all me baby

>Remembering the asteroid belt reusage
That was so stupid that my brain was actually melding the "levels" into one experience because I remember getting legitimately confused that the game was trying to send me through the same level again saying it wasn't complete. Probably the single worst thing in the game, you got me there.

>Attack Carrier in SF64 vs SFZ
I can't sympathize with you here however, since Sector Omega and the Attack Carrier boss is probably my favorite part of the entire game. Attack Carrier is easy in both games and can be downed quick, but there's a certain exhilaration to having it try and ram you as you shoot out its joints and then spiraling back on each other after a close pass.

Zero third party support and Nintendo both having no idea what to do with HD development and awkwardly merging their handheld and home console development departments

The original Wii is easily the most underrated Nintendo system

>They try to be const effective.
Translation: they are the biggest kike juden in the entire industry, outjewing everything and everyone, even the cheapest Scotsman.
shoestring budgest and minimum effort for maximum profits is Neoshitendo's motto. That's why we will never see an ambitious game like Super Mario 64 or OoT from them ever again.

What makes HD development so hard? People always talk about it but I don't totally understand.

Devs unexperienced with HD development are often bedazzled at all the new fancy grafics effects they have and it takes a couple years before they get the hang of what actually looks good and doesn't make the system chug hard

There's also just a lot more time and manpower needed generally in making things look good for the hardware after the HD jump than prior generations, and a lot of devs go in with the size of teams they had in the days prior and end up either with something that plays good but looks like "shit" and is lambasted for it or something that looks pretty but is heavily lacking in content or plays like shit, or an inbetween where everything's just mediocre