A new Titanfall 2 trailer is out

A new Titanfall 2 trailer is out.
youtube.com/watch?v=nHvoaAAhGno

How can it be that it appears to be a sequel everyone wanted, yet everyone says it's shit? And why wasn't the beta on PC?

>1:30
Was Phara piloting that Titan?

>everyone says it's shit

This game barely gets talked about. Hell, I don't think most people even know it's coming out. If you don't frequent game sites, all you'd really know about it is the announcement trailer

But on topic, yeah, it looks like fun. The first titanfall was good in an Assassin's Creed 1 kind of way, fresh new mechanics that were really interesting but lack of content and poor presentation. Hopefully Titanfall 2 will improve across the board.

No beta on PC was probably because the build can't support so many hardware setups and they didn't want to wait

I hear the grapple is practically a requirement and that rodeo/smoke is gone.

I never asked for this

>swinging with grappling hooks

Go on...

>No Beta on PC
Apparently they didn't want the PC crowd to snoop around the in-game files...

everyone is aware the game is coming. there were a bunch of threads for it when the beta was still up.

You are acting like if you weren't planing on doing that

I have never touched the first one but that grappling hook is phenomenal. The speed also looks decent.
Does the game suffer from being locked to 10 players? Is the AI shit?

>still using Source engine

Don't care.

I wasn't
just wish we got to play the Beta

Official dev comments regarding changes was pretty much "Players were getting confused and dying too easily so we've designed the maps to allow for less erratic movement than in TF 1".

Plus lots of other shit like Titan loadouts no longer being customizable. Their reasoning is that when you see a Titan like the Ogre you know straight away what guns and core abilities it has. Basically removing any thought on the players part.

Respawn's mantra for Titanfall 2 seems to be "The less the player has to think the better."

You don't rodeo anymore you just drop a grenade down the hatch and jump off. Which removes the need to coordinate with teammates to kill Pilots that are on your back. This also means that a skilled Pilot can't singlehandidly destroy a Titan through rodeo if the other player is too stupid to deal with them. Remember when their focus testers complained they were dying to easily for reasons they don't understand? Yeah.

Loved TF 1. Not hopeful for TF 2 at this point.

It's Frostbite now isn't it?

Anyway, first game was awesome, one of the best FPS I've played, TF2 played like shit, no doubt they ditched everyone in Respawn and gave the game to a team composed of monkeys, and not just any monkeys, blind monkeys

if it was just that...

Time to kill also appears to be ridiculous. From the gameplay I've seen most of the time the player isn't even able to turn around if someone's shooting at you, because you're already dead.

Same.
TF1 felt incredibly fluid. I've yet to play a single fps on console that handles itself as well as TF1 did. If it wasn't for the shallow end game and lack of content, it would have been a perfect swan song for the remnants of IW.
I don't understand how you can literally handicap so bad what made your game great in the first place.
>purposefully slowing down pilots
Whoever brought that decision to the design floor should have been flogged, shot, and hung out to dry as an example of mediocrity and ignorance.

Also, I put quite a bit of time into the beta when it was available. Did anyone actually figure out the mechanics behind titan electric smoke? It seemed like it was something the game let me have whenever it felt like, rather than a dedicated part of my arsenal. Maybe I wasn't paying attention enough, but did anyone else figure that out?

>you will never jump onto a Titan and wreck it's anus with your newly unlocked slammer lmg again

I just wanted to go fast and fuck up robots like a lethal flea

awoo?

iirc you had to charge the electric smoke with killing pilots/grunts etc. not like in Tf1 where it was on a cooldown

Oh, ok, so they made it more of a killstreak?
That's stupid. During the beta, I felt like I was helping more being out of the mech, than in.
Eventually it got to the point where on Domination, I would bring it out and let the a.i. dick around with it, while I was boots on the ground.

yes, it's super easy to fuck a titan up by yourself in titanfall 2

They say its shit because it Black Ops 3 with Titans.

People asked for Titanfall 1 with more content and the lead designer went full retard and gave you Black Ops 3 with Titans.

They fucked up everything that made the first one awesome.

Looks boring.