What's the appeal?

What's the appeal?

Games

For me it's obsolutely over the top action with tight controls + attention to detail+replayability.

Repeating the same mechanics over and over again in their games

W101 says hello

Hardcore games for casuals.

Nothing.

Pretty much this. I'm in it for the fast, crazy, smooth, absurd action. Good fun.

W101. And vanquish. And MGR. And Madworld.

>with tight controls

DIal-a-combos are shit. Platinum games don't have enough depth for Devil May Cry controls.

Firm but fair games.

Overrated shit for KYM-browsing faggots.

MGR wasn't really that unique.

>DUDE CUHREAZEEH SPECTACLE FIGHTER GAMES LMAO

I agree it isn't as unique as the others, but it's far from a Bayonetta clone.

A handful of good games is enough to convince legions of drones that they cannot make a mediocre or bad game.

They are called Beat 'em Ups.
"Spectacle Fighter" or "Character Action Games" are shitty names made by people who have no idea of the genre.

They know how to make games fun.

Flashy shallow combat for weebs

Kill yourself you fucking troglodyte. NGB is deeper and more satifying than any DMC game.

>MUH JUMP CANCELLING
>MUH PUNCHING BAG ENEMIES

>Platinum Games
>shallow

>NGB is deeper and more satifying than any DMC game
get out

"Spectacle Fighter" was term literally conied by Yahtzee

Godlike to good original IP games, except for Anarchy Reigns.

Ok to bad pre-established IP games

They're losing their appeal and I'm gonna write them off entirely if Scalebound sucks.

and that's a problem

Who else is making the kind of games they do these days?

Fun, crunchy combat, usually decently tough, loads of hype boss fights with often kickass music.

They're basically largely the antithesis of most western action games except for the fucking QTEs, they don't take themselves seriously and just let loose with fun systems and enemy encounters.

they make games for people who want fun.

Straight from Capcom's mouth

Stylish Action sounds coolest anyway. Hack 'n Slash and Beat 'em Ups both encompass a larger pool of games that don't really have the same technical depth or goals in presentation either, the names just don't fit very well.

Infinite space is fuckawesome

I personally believe stylish action is a sub-genre of action games, with action games including bamham, GoW, and Musou

Stylish Action fits really well because style is one of the key features of the genre with style meters etc.

Their games are fun.

Over the top action and tight gameplay mechanics. Doesn't hurt that they're willing to indulge the player with some fan service.