Should I play Final Fantasy 7 or 10? I've never played either, which first?

Should I play Final Fantasy 7 or 10? I've never played either, which first?

They're both piles of shit that were only popular because they were the first FF games to launch on PSX and PS2 and had GRAFFIX.

Play FF6 and/or FF9.

You're welcome.

o-o ok

Both are pretty gr8 dont listen to hipsyer faggots likeYou should probably start with 10 tho, if only because the better graphics will pull you in more.

yes

>"don't listen to hipsters!"
>"by the way, play FF10, it has GRAFFIX!!!"

Exhibit A.

From the ones mentioned:

Final Fantasy X is the best one in my opinion, when it comes to combat, story, characters. I was just a kid back then and the game seriously helped me to be a better person.

Final Fantasy VII has some unique elements and for many people the sudden ending of the first act, but it's most people's first babby, and thus you have to expect it's overrated.

Final Fantasy IX is a tribute to the franchise, but the story is mostly centered around a death and the inevitable doom of every living creature.

play the one that has the smallest guide.
if you are a completionist, ff7 is slightly easier to get every item/summon etc than 10.
In 10 you can miss items completely because you didnt backtrack at some arbitrary point, or didnt use the steal ability at a one time fight.

Also, 200 lightnings.

10 has best girl

ffx is hard asf at the end

7 first

I can already tell you're a normie and probably wouldn't be able to tolerate the graphical downgrade

Ahem

Start with 7.

>the story is mostly centered around a death
It's actually the opposite, it's centered around life.

This.

literally wat. None of these games are hard.

It's centered around the fact that you will die, with added nuances of fate in Vivi's storyline.

Thanks everyone!

How about Dragon quest 7? Should I play it after these two? I heard it's long as fuck

Play FF7 or FF9, truly.

Then FF6, then maybe FF10, which is a bit unusual FF game, the first step towards the doom for the series. People certainly didn't fall in love with FF series because of that game.

let's try to compare some points
FFVII - FFX

Active time battle - waiting battle
in 7 you have just a few seconds for every move while in 10 the game stops after every move and you even get a list of which characters turn will be the next

level up system and materia - sphere board
I don't want to get into details, but in 7 every character can learn anything you need from the beginning, while in 10 characters have their specific roles in the early phase of the game.

7 is a bit more open, it has a world map where you can roam around sometimes. 10 is more linear without a worldmap.

The top 4 FF games are 9, 6, 10, 7 so start with any of those

V or VIII

I'd say if you have trouble at all with retro games to play number 10 I personally like it more than 7.

ff ix is love
ff ix is life

Honestly, every FF game is pretty average after you play any of them, except FF XII. It's kinda unusual for a FF game. And the XIII series isn't different, just mediocre and generic, doesn't succeed at anything.

What FF games have you already played, OP? If none and you're looking to get into the series and don't want to take the more obvious chronological route, start with VII or IV, then play the one you didn't play next.

Don't listen to any guy like this who recommends anything post X.

I played 4 and 6 and completed both

Even more reason to play 7 next so you can see the leap FF took when it went from SNES to PSX.

He didn't say to play FFX you dumb fucking idiot

The only good ff game is VII.
ps.VI is overrated garbage

Then VII's probably a more logical step. X is good too though, that would probably be a solid next choice or maybe V since V is great too. Part of it will depend on what you're wanting from the series, but IV and VII give the widest scope and after playing those you can think about what you liked most for a kind of order.

That feel when my record is 197

>lose count
>finish at 198 when I think I'm at 200

Yes.
release order

The trick is to do it for at least 30 minutes, no way to accidentally not get at least 200.

>ow the edge: FF7
>I want to play a good jrpg: FF6

X is better so play 7 first.

X or XII?

I planned to go for 220 or something anyway, I was just too hyped, "ONLYAFEWMORE ONLYAFEWMORE ONLYAFEWMORE" and lost concentration.
You're right a timeframe would have been the better strategy.