Only 15 days left

>only 15 days left

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZyerryUkoc

this will be so fun, lads

I'm hyped as fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

vgchartz.com/game/4448/super-paper-mario/
vgchartz.com/game/70588/paper-mario-sticker-star/
gamingreinvented.com/news/nintendo3dsnews/nintendo-cut-paper-mario-sticker-stars-mini-games-because-of-time/
youtube.com/watch?v=EHKvTVTOuMI
pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretendos on suicide watch.

CS will be GOTY.

I'm actually pretty excited too. I only played the first two paper marios so I don't have a crazy attachment to the series like the rest of Cred Forums(although the first one is one of my favorite rpgs). This looks really fun.

Now that I have a Wii u I'm hype now too.

I like Super Paper Mario despite everyone else complainging about it not being an RPG. My hope is that I'll get a similar experience here. I doubt it-- I see only silliness and no seriousness in this game-- but I can hope.

>Mario
>no silliness
>only seriousness

u wut

I'll be giving it a try. I'll admit, wii us kinda dry, so this usually wouldn't be so appealing, but I might as well try it, r? Nintendo looks like they've worked hard to give us something fun this time.

>No companions
>No rpg elements like character progression/skill choice
>Consumable attacks
>"If you want mario rpg go play mario and luigi"

Not that interested in sticker star 2 desu

hi cody

It's going to be a steaming pile or shit just like sticker star and you know it

>Paper Mario
>action-adventure

>Mario&Luigi
>RPG

I'm ok with this

>wasting your life shitposting on an image board

If there isn't character progression, then what is that small bar that fills a bit after each battle for?
I'll give you the others (though there kind of are companions).

>If you want Mario RPG go play Mario & Luigi
>They're both turn based and have Mario in the name so we don't need both
I'm still mad. So very mad.

Don't worry Nintendrones, im gonna porate it and come back to tell you how you wasted your money and how shitty the franchise has become.

Is it still basically Sticker Star 2.0 only Toads, no partners, no story, overworld, attacks are items, etc.?

If yes, I'll be skipping my first Paper Mario game. SPM was a fun and great twist on Paper Mario. Sticker Star was just awful.

Nintendrones will get excited for anything and force a contrarian opinion to delude themselves that they didnt waste money.

What, it comes out next month? Didn't even realize.

I'll probably still be playing YW2 or have moved on to SMTIVA. And then get Exist Archive when it comes out then World of Final Fantasy.

Yep, that about sums up my October.

It appears that way.
Looks like they patched up the game-play a bit, but story-wise it looks just about the same as Sticker Star (though it's not just a retread of the original, so there's that).

>Only toads
Toads AND Shy Guys.
>No partners
Occasionally you get cards with enemies on them that you can summon in battle. They die in one hit and can't be used against bosses, so they're pretty much worthless.
>No story
Probably not.
>Overworld
Nope.
>Attacks are items
I've heard they're at least re-usable, but yeah.

can't wait to pirate it, if its shit i only wasted my time, not cash

You expect me to buy that after the disaster that was Sticker Star? It looks like they didn't learn anything.

Fool me twice...

can't wait to watch you shills defend this shit

>Muh story

Those of us who are actually following the game have pieced together that the game has it's own unique narrative. It isn't a rehash of SS at all.

>Muh combat

The same thing as the first two games.

>Overworld

Bwahahaha. Are people REALLY trying to pretend that SS's overworld design wasn't leagues better than the first two games?

Or did you like having to scroll past 'I love you!" a hundred times?

If Paper Mario is an action adventure game, then why does it need the mindless turn-based combat?

SMRPG makes my dick just as hard today as it did back in 96

autism

This will be the first Paper Mario I don't buy. I got burned on Sticker Star, won't let that happen again.

Why do white people pirate all the time?

No, the people crying about it are autistic.

I'm just explaining why they are wrong.

>The same thing as the first two games.
But its not, attacks are consumable items and there's no badges or partners.

>We didn't want Paper Mario 3DS to be a copypaste TTYD. It was important to us that we scrap the game and make something original

>Oh, btw here's a copypaste sequel to Stick Star. Despite middling sales and the lowest critical reception for a Mario RPG ever, we haven't changed a thing

It would be less annoying if Nintendo wasn't so transparent about this.

autism

can't fucking wait

this must be what its like to only own a Wii U.
You get so desperate to play SOMETHING that you buy trash games.

>telling the truth is shitposting

>no customization
>no replayability
>NSMB-tier characters and story
>combat relies on "thing" stickers, long unfunny cutscenes with minimal interaction

Its fine if you like the game. But you're either autistic or full of shit if you can't understand why other people dislike it. Sticker Star has the lowest metascore out of any Mario RPG period. You're in the minority, m8

free (You)s

>I'm gonna make fun of you for enjoying a game
Ladies and gentlemen, white people.

>Muh metacritic

A corrupt outlet of journalists who are paid to shit on Nintendo games. Wario Land: Shake It! One of my favorite games ever, has a 78.

>middling sales
youre right on the other parts but sticker star story sold the most out of any paper mario by far

>The same thing as the first two games.
No it's not.

>Or did you like having to scroll past 'I love you!" a hundred times?
That's not part of Overworld design.

To be fair, Color Splash was (allegedly) in production around the same time as Sticker Star.
I guess Nintendo just decided not to scrap it after Sticker Star was thrashed.

It takes 5 seconds to look this up

vgchartz.com/game/4448/super-paper-mario/
vgchartz.com/game/70588/paper-mario-sticker-star/

Why are you so full of shit?

Having to go back to Creepy Steeple six times is a much better example as to why TTYD's overworld design generally sucked balls.

>I'm going to make fun of you for enjoying the DmC of Paper Mario games
You're damn right I am, fucking underage pleb.

Isn't that the color you have available? And that's not really character progression, it's more like another currency like coins, since you spend it on various things.

color splash? oh sure please by all means add another stupid gimmick to a good franchise. why not just throw in a retarded talking water pack too? haha wow! lol so randum and innovative!

But they made such a big faggy deal about not wanting to copy another Paper Mario game and do something original

What happened to that sentiment?

>calling someone white is an insult
I think you've got it backwards pal

>getting butthurt over white people out of nowhere
Why are filthy niggers so eternally ass ravaged?

oh yeah, because white people never embarrass themselves

I'm also gonna buy it. The fuck you gonna do about it, peckerwood?

Nope. I won't be getting this. Sucks too because there is literally fuck all to play on this piece of crap console.

make fun of you on the internet

Yeah, I'm not saying the level design in TTYD was perfect, but that doesn't mean the idea should be scrapped entirely. There were plenty of areas in game that had working, non-backtracking design.
The developers could've taken pointers from those.

Mario hasn't been even decent since Mario Galaxy (the first one).

Are you seriously going to pretend like 2016 has been a good year for Wii U?

white people are as embarrassing as niggers?

check

>women are people

Because your kind ruins vidya by being general asshats, bitching about SWJs, encouraging cinematic experience games, and encouraging the current DLC model.

>STILL citing vgchartz

If you want to waste your money on trash go right ahead. It'll still sell Fed Force-level numbers and there's nothing you can do about it

>15 days
How short is this game?

>SPM was a fun and great twist on Paper Mario
Fucking this. If they wanted to make this an "Action-Adventure" game, then why didn't they just go all the way with it and cut the turn based stuff entirely? I'd much rather have Super Paper 2 than Sticker Star 2

>He can't come to my house and kick my ass
Works for me.

>encouraging cinematic experience games
Thats funny, most people I know who enjoy shit like the last of us and uncharted are niggers or indians.

>But they made such a big faggy deal about not wanting to copy another Paper Mario game and do something original

Well if it was like TTYD that would be the third Paper Mario game in the same vein. Remember Paper Mario 64 exists too.

With Mario Nintendo usually make a style of Mario, then iterate on it and then repeat. e.g.

Mario 64 --> Sunshine
Mario Galaxy --> Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario 3D Land --> Super Mario World
"New Kind of Mario" ---> ???

So they may want to apply the same "New idea and then iterate" approach with Paper Mario. So the next Paper Mario probably isn't going to be like Sticker Star or Color Splash.

>all white people are the same!
Just like all niggers are thugs and criminals? :^)

When Sticker Star came out, did you honestly foresee that it would be the exact same formula for every Mario RPG to follow?

Sticker Star, Paper Jam, Colour Splash
>no NPCs, instead we get generic toads
>no interesting locations, instead we get plains -> desert -> beach -> purple swamp forest -> ice -> jungle -> volcano
>no story, just Bowser kidnapping Peach

I'm honestly curious about what happened with Nintendo

I have never seen blacks play The Last of Us. It's usually nu-male whites.

You literally read that ass-backwards user. Read it again.

>as opposed to my sourceless claims

Well to be honest, ttyd was near perfect. There isn't as much that could be improved in a sequel. Meanwhile, Sticker Star has a lot of things that needed to be improved upon.

White people are pretty much the same. You all smell like paint.

That just means they work unlike some people

Color Splash has very unique areas you know ignorant user? Pic related is in "Chapter 1" and every other Paper Mario has had a generic green field for Chapter/World 1.

>said user, as he sat in his mother's basement

>I'm honestly curious about what happened with Nintendo
they realized that retards like these guys
Will buy any game that they shit out regardless of quality.

Generalizing a whole race of people by a series of stereotypes is fucking stupid. This goes for any race: Mexicans, niggers, chinks, etc.

Stereotypes wouldn't exist if they weren't true to some degree. Like Indians being uppity, entitled cunts.

that guy to the left

Games don't need to entirely new things each time. Just doing something consistently very well is fine, and it's not like we're having overload of quality RPGs these days.
Also, Nintendo doesn't have problem doing same thing and marginally improving on past titles with other Mario spin-offs, like Kart and Party.

>Color Splash has very unique areas you know ignorant user?
I've seen a plain, a beach and a desert
It isnt exactly blowing me away

And the biggest problem with SS was that most of the individual chapters lacked a narrative. It was literally just "walk to the end of the stage and then fight the boss".

PM64 had some generic settings, but at least they tried to elevate it with interesting characters and scenarios. What made the desert in SS interesting? What about the jungle or the volcano?

Its all so fucking duuuuuuuuuuull

See, if you're gonna be fat, at least be cute like Emma Bailey.

Just because it's true to some degree doesn't mean every person in that race is gonna be like that. I'm sure there's respectable, crime-free niggers out there, and I'm sure that there are Indians that aren't uppity, entitled cunts too.

Yeah i can't disagree

As garbage as the style is, they are clearly making a much bigger effort making the game really look appealing

It's basically a high quality improved Sticker Star

And they did. The result was Sticker Star. A game with everything you LIKED about PM's level structure without any of the tediousness.

Sticker Star has great level design, and it really saddens me to see people miss the point of what the developers were trying to do.

>said user as he projected

Shit user, show me a likeable Indian.

>>it really saddens me to see people miss the point of what the developers were trying to do.
>Am I wrong? No, its the fans who are out of touch.

Post your job, faget.

>Being this assblasted because your favorite franchise isn't going the way you'd like it to

White people are pretty out of touch though.

>pick up thing
>walk back to hub city to stickerize it
>walk back to level to see if it works on a vague puzzle
>if it doesn't, repeat entire process
Sounds pretty tedious to me

I can appreciate the developer's intentions, but they absolutely failed in the implementation. This is why I dislike the game.

>Sticker Star has great level design
Now tell us all about how you loved Bowser's Castle

>tfw I don't have a WII U

Are you saying what he said isn't true?

It's so sad.

The first two games are the only good ones. You really should play sticker star before you blow 60 on color splash. If you somehow like sticker star, then go ahead and pick up color splash.

Paper Mario fans' anger isn't 100% from "we hate everything that's different!" (see super paper mario which has plenty of defenders) the anger is mostly coming from the fact that they took an AWFUL game and made a copy paste sequel despite an avalanche of hate and ignored all criticisms.

Either they were working on color splash as soon as sticker star released and they were too far in to respond to criticism, or they just didn't care becasue they are nintendo

The reasons super paper mario was cool have nothing to do with CS

>first two games are the only good games
Why not Super?

>Now tell us all about how you loved Bowser's Castle .

Not him but have you even played Sticker Star? The final world dungeon is the airship not the caslte, that's a meme image.

Like I said, it has plenty of defenders, I just didn't find the plot entertaining (with retarded plot twists), almost none of the characters were likable, the clever ideas they had with the 2d/3d mechanic literally were used up in the first 2 levels and it just became a way to hide key items you had to hunt down by searching every inch of overly long levels, they tried to keep the 40 hour length of an RPG in a 2d platformer so they had all kinds of time wasting bullshit, character designs were ugly.

It was pretty bad, user

>its a shitty platformer, the level design is and Mario moves at a snail's pace
>its a shitty RPG with zero customization
>they clearly ran out of things to do with the 2D -> 3D gimmick after like the 3rd chapter

It might not sell that much, but if people want to have a good time with what they pay from their own money and decisions I say, let them be. I still don't get why people hate and shit talk about a subject they dislike, pretty much just stay away and do what you enjoy the most. Filling yourself with harsh thinking and desire to fuck with someone else's enjoyment will give you nothing in return but more shit.

>tl;dr
I'm gonna play this damn game and have a swell time, and don't give a fuck if you're mad about it.

Super Mario RPG had 2 concurrent final dungeons too. That wasn't an excuse to make Smithy's Factory 2 fucking rooms

Bowser's Castle was tiny because they ran out of time and just didn't give a fuck.
gamingreinvented.com/news/nintendo3dsnews/nintendo-cut-paper-mario-sticker-stars-mini-games-because-of-time/

you have every right to be happy playing a game but holy shit play better games and quit putting yourself on a pedestal for claiming this unreleased garbage is good.

>I still don't get why people hate and shit talk about a subject they dislike

>mfw I will buy this game on day one and have tons fun with it and shitposters can't do anything about it

>it's shit because I said it lmao

11/10

This whole thing feels like Operation Kowashitai with a paper mario skin.

> it's good because I said it lmao

feel better, dumbass?

I mean, its your own money you're wasting
Its not my problem

They actually said in an interview that they started on CS pretty much the very day sticker star was finished

If a game divides the franchise then you either make a new franchise/spin off or go back to what fans want

Well it's not my problem that you'll be missing out

This looks like complete shit. Not only it is not paper mario but the trailer is also narrated in a silly way, but not cool japanese style silly but intended for 4 year olds silly. What a waste.

>It's Bowser again
Wasn't him not being the main antagonist a factor why the RPGs and SPM were good?

>WiiU piracy

>all those gimmicks you have to do on the touch screen before you can attack

JUST

>I've seen a plain, a beach and a desert
There's also a colosseum
And a haunted hotel
And a circus
And a Tinyhuge-like forest
And a metal gear style military base.
Just because you haven't seen all the areas doesn't mean they don't exist user

SPM story was garbage OC donut steels

That looks pretty good, I don't understand what "painting the cards" does though. Won't it be annoying having to do that for every attack?

The OC situation in SPM went a little too far, but they didnt need to kill all of them just because of that.
64 had good OCs with just the basic Mario characters, not only roads

If anything, it's clear they're trying to fix a lot of the problems Sticker Star had.
>Bowser talks
>Much more npcs to talk with and funny dialogue in general
>Every level has its own small plot instead of just "go to the goal"
>More original stages
>Battles reward you with hammer scraps which function as exp to level up your color gauge
>Weaker cards like regular jumps can be made stronger instead of being a waste of space
If anything it'll be an improvement over Sticker Star. Plus it's the same people doing music so that's guaranteed to be great.

youtube.com/watch?v=EHKvTVTOuMI

Super is a game I can't really defend 100% because it's really flawed in design, but god damn is it a fun ride

>Won't it be annoying having to do that for every attack?

Painting the cards makes them stronger but uses up your paint gauge. You can paint them completely or only partly or not at all. It all depends on what you're fighting against and if you want to use up your paint gauge

I see, that makes more sense. Still looks a bit like a hamfisted way of making the touchscreen relevant. "Hey flick this card to send it to the main screen".

I really like the look of the game though.

I think it looks fine.

I hate Sticker Star with a passion, it obviously does a lot of things wrong, the story is simple and doesn't try making anything interesting, I personally don't care much for partners, but I'd take anything over the fucking bitch known as Kersti. Although I'm going to dread if Huey is another Kersti (Which from what I seen is very likely to happen), a smug bitch character who's personality doesn't improve throughout the game, so I can never like them.

consumable items are semi-retarded.
I think if they were making items consumable they should be for a stronger attack. So you can use the attack commands without using any shit, but if you want to do stronger attacks you'd paint the better cards, paint essentially being Color Splash's FP.

>Fuck you, Color Splash is good
>samefag comments saying "Yeah I'm buying it"
>same reposted arguments against the game
>that Sticker Star development jpeg image
>Fuck Miyamoto!
>at least it's better than Sticker Star

Here's your whole thread, everytime. I know you underage feel compelled to constantly post this shit whenever you get home, so here's a tip for those of you who want to post in these bait threads but at the same time don't want to keep them bumped: type sage in the options section of your post.

Also it's disturbing how little pirating is brought up in these threads. I'm assuming that's also because most of you are underage, so here's a handy link for you fags. pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC

I won't be missing out I already played Sticker Star

But why? It looks awful like an awful, un-fun shell of what Paper Mario used to be.

You can upgrade the paint capacity by getting hammer XP after battles. Also makes your attacks stronger.

it looks gorgeous and very fun

>very fun
no

This is going to sound fucking retarded but the issue with new Paper Mario's is that they're too focused on the PAPER aspect. Yeah, I get that it's supposed to be like that but I remember back to the first one it was only really shown as an art style, not something that was fully integrated into the game. The second one did have aspects relating to paper but it wasn't like the entire thing was "LOOK AT US, WE'RE PAPER! PUT COLOUR ON US!" It was small things that didn't allude to the fact that everything was paper.
What they have to do is scale back on the paper stuff. Obviously, keep certain things 2D but don't make it literal paper.

LOOKS
Have you noticed Nintendo is showing barely any "gameplay" in the trailers lately?
Idiots will eat up the pretty graphics and """wacky""" shit, like you

Graphically sure, but everything about the game looks utterly unappealing. The combat system looks terrible, toad spam instead of original characters, Bowser as the villain again, removal of rpg elements, it goes on.

Hol up is it for 3ds too?

god SPM's block-style was ugly

>...after Sticker Star was thrashed.

Go look up Paper Mario sales numbers. SS has far more than all the others. SS was not 'thrashed'.

I'm sorry.

It kinda sold like shit though

Yes, the 3ds port is called sticker star

this comes out in 2 weeks?

there's so little buzz about it i couldn't even tell...

some sort of poor man's "Retard's Pixel Art"

It didn't though. That image fails to take into account that the typical 3DS owner buys less software so the benefit of a bigger userbase isn't as pronounced.

In regards to the size of the userbase and the buying habits Sticker Star performed almost as well as TTYD. Which is pretty good since the JRPG genre is down the tubes(After Pokemon and Yo-Kai Watch, Sticker Star is actually the best selling 8th gen turn based JRPG).